Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72113 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by HappyCanadian: 5:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nothing much, Ieft because they foolishly voted Buhari into power.. just go prepared.. only miss affordable food stuffs and Naija foods.. lol

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by wjxavier(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
Regrets shocked

None o. I think at this point in time, it is a sign of intelligence to find money somehow and flee the shithole.

Don’t listen to anybody saying we can’t all go. Yes. We can’t all make heaven too. But as for me and my house, we’re not coming back.

I’ve told my siblings and parents the same things.

You will come to me. I cannot come to you.

Finish

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Symorne(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
Let me get the grace of leaving the country first. I will think of the regrets later, that's if there is one.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by franchasng: 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
toyetade:
Regret is there is too much loneliness. Difficult to make friends abroad if you don't drink or smoke or womanise
true because everybody is productively busy working, reason most diaspora guys flood naija social media.

Nigerian chicks that know whatsup, who are friendly and cute should open their eyes oh, opportunity de for una to hook foreign based Naija guys with good home training not the spoilt ones like MrCork and co lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
8stargeneral:
My only regret is being a Nigerian .

You just hit the nail..

Mentally, most "Nairalanders" are out of this country.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Multiplier7(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
When I went to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja to receive my brother from Australia, he was angry. And he told me that everyone alighting their flights were angry. I became curious making me to ask him why..He said everywhere is dark...Ha, in my mind I was like me that arrived here, I have been enjoying myself seeing the planes descending and ascending. He said well I won't understand.. He didn't stay up to two weeks,he flew bact to Austria and he sent me some pics...then I understand what he meant

16 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lawalemi:
Amazing. I opened this thread to gather experiences but it's shocking that not anyone is regretting their adventure yet. My God, who will deliver Nigeria from evil leaders?

Obviously people like me who are stuck here, we shall eventually eat the elites & politicians really soon.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by loomer: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Regret ke, best decision ever

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by franchasng: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
Koginaija:
Why are we like this?, I read some comments here and many nigerians are just insulting their father land.you will rather be a burden in a foreign land than develop your own.if that was how those foreigners treated their country,will you go there.lazy youths.make sure you don't come back o! we don't need people who will disdain us and be of no profit to us. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
keep voting useless corrupt men out of tribal religious sentiments and you still expect Nigeria to be better, you better run oh, Buhari self na one leg in Nigeria, one leg in London cheesy

16 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by CaseSensitive(m): 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:
My only regret is not leaving earlier.

Same here. Few friends and a cousin who came here few years before me are now doctors, engineers, entrepreneur and strategic decision makers in multinational companies. They're travelling the world, living the life and I'm studying for my Masters degree programme. Not complaining but would've had it all in the bag already if I'd left Nigeria earlier.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by franchasng: 5:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
SpecialAgent:

Obviously people like me who are stuck here, we shall eventually eat the elites & politicians really soon.
hahahahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by armadeo(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
praiseneo:
I’m suppose to travel to Europe this January but as usual Nigeria system no dey fail since September till now I never get my passport.

You no try at all.

If travel sure na passport come be problem.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by FutureFocus: 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
all my friends who made it out of here are doing fine, I will accept any reasonable offer to relocate to one of these good countries , I'm future focused smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Tats(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
pweeryambre:
My hubby worked for years with a marine company that was owned by his fathers village childhood friend also known as their uncle. he was so loyal to this man that a korea company came to do a partnership business with his uncles company for a year, which went very well by the way. but when they were leaving they asks for any worker that wants to join them to go back to korea to work, and all except my hubby stays back to take care of his uncles ship as a boiler room enginner. After 3 years contract with the korean company, his colleagues are millionaires now living in korea, while my husbands uncle fired my husband along with half of the staff to employ his wives village people, till today with no pay, no explanaition nothing nothing. thats my hubbys biggest regret today.

That's really sad. Your husband appears to be a loyal person but in this instance, it didn't pay him.

25 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Enculer2: 5:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
Biggest regret is being born a Nigerian instead of a Biafran.

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by tunapawizzy: 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nepotism and lack of merit.....frustrated the hell out of me..i miss amala, gbegiri n ewedu.....i miss naija parties too

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Johanneiyoha:
Me not leaving did f**ked country early is Wat I regret too.
keep on insulting and embarassing your country all because things are not presently going well,this is what a patriotic citizen is expected to do,keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by armadeo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
franchasng:
If not for weather and food, no regrets.

It's the bad weather (-14 degrees Celsius during winter) and stupid meals that made me miss Nigeria when I was away.

Me I hate cold, I almost died during my first winter experience, na who send Osuofia go Moscow shocked shocked

Nigeria and West Africa is so blessed with the best weather on earth but cursed with the most foolish leaders and citizens angry angry
[b]
But there's more money to make in Nigeria as a legitimate entrepreneur with good business idea and capital [/b]than abroad, reason many ambitious Nigerians come back or shuttle between Naija and abroad.

Forget that thing.

Isnt it opay and max okada that lagos government just woke up and destroyed millions of dollars worth of investment in one fell swoop.

Small business they will tax you to death ( multiple taxation) big business you better have a strong man with a finger in your pie else some other strong man will like our idea use government to destroy it and one year later start doing your business.

E go shock you when okada returns to lagos under one man

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PresidentAtiku(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Brandpastor44:
Interesting thread
You just create thread today to scam people abi

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Manuel91(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Skyfornia:

Not at all, I regretted coming back. Thought I could come back and sorth some things out before going back to Sweden...but things didn't go as planned.

Bros why naa, I don't like hearing things like this. Tears don dey drop from my eye now. How will you succeed out of so many million. Reach the abroad still come check something for naija. (Bros wetin you lost, wetin you dey find?).

If God would have it and I leave this country (I don't know how yet). Even if I die, I go vex for the person wey go bring my dead body back naija...

I dey vex!! angry

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ishilove: 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
gnykelly:

we Nigerians aren't really as hard as you thought... the amount of suicide going on daily and the aggression you receive for mistakenly stepping on someone in a bus or bank has turned us to stone
Nigerians are angry people cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by franchasng: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
armadeo:

Forget that thing.

Isnt it opay and max okada that lagos government just woke up and destroyed millions of dollars worth of investment in one fell swoop.

Small business they will tax you to death ( multiple taxation) big business you better have a strong man with a finger in your pie else some other strong man will like our idea use government to destroy it and one year later start doing your business.

E go shock you when okada returns to lagos under one man
I understand you quite well, but there is no successful Nigerian man in diaspora that does not own a business in Nigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sogamica(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Leaving without my parents

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by voltron14: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:
With the present crop of leaders we have here, Nigeria is not going to get better soon.

The good thing is if you grew up here, you can survive almost anywhere in the world because Nigeria trains you to be tough and hard as shells. That's what we should be grateful for; the training grin

Nigeria's problem is not just the leaders alone.

The citizens are even worse.

A society in which people eschew science for superstition, rpromote umours for logic and fact, trade insults for compromise, rate money greater than pride can never grow.

As a young man, nay teenager, I found myself and my siblings feeling like outcasts when dealing with our contemporaries.

Our ideas were often laughed at by our mates and even adults who should know better.

Fast forward to adulthood, and we've all found a place on the international circuit looking at the way the same set of Nigerians continue in their ridiculous trajectory and focus.

Nigeria is what it is because that is what Nigerians are like.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Ishilove: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
praiseneo:
I’m suppose to travel to Europe this January but as usual Nigeria system no dey fail since September till now I never get my passport.
Village people dey reason your mata

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Y’all please stop calling Nigeria a shithole, it hurts me anytime I see it. The present and even the past Nigeria and it’s leader are bad but it’s left to us to make it a better place

lol, wetin you dey talk, the leaders are the most accurate representation of the citizen. When I was in charge of a contract a while back, I had to consciously suppressed that aspect of me as I know how the underdogs feel. Trust me, it wasn't easy, as some of the workers think they could step on me because, I was soft........That pissed me off,

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.