Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72118 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by GeneralPula: 5:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Olam09:
My regret is that some people are lying on this thread they are forming audio travel here mean while 87% those liar has never been to the Nigeria border for once

Lol..

You don get am bro..

Them go use lies spoil this thread.. grin

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Karac: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
Who go help me oooo. I wan japa but no means
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Robbyhuud: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
dilodavid:
Even if you live there illegally, no one with harass you unless you get into shady things.

You are absolutely right

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by chigoizie7(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
None, whatsoever
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
ENG0701:

Same here. I'm going for my driving test soon and the whole thing makes me miss Naija's lawlessness. In Nigeria we get used to getting around things by paying for it.
Wow!... Awesome.
Please add me on Facebook- king Solomon Jr.
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sharpman1(m): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
Drenimarcus:

lol werey, maa shey mistakenly quote me mo grin grin

Lol. The guy is lonely. Looking for attention.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by armadeo(m): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
Multiplier7:
When I went to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja to receive my brother from Australia, he was angry. And he told me that everyone alighting their flights were angry. I became curious making me to ask him why..He said everywhere is dark...Ha, in my mind I was like me that arrived here, I have been enjoying myself seeing the planes descending and ascending. He said well I won't understand.. He didn't stay up to two weeks,he flew bact to Austria and he sent me some pics...then I understand what he meant

I remember my first international connecting flight being a local bou I thought all airports where like our beloved muritala airport small and compact.

When I asked directions and found out I had to take a train to the other side of the airport to connect I almost fainted.

See as I dey run for airport. Last last dem dey announce my name for speaker say plane wan go where I dey.

I run belleful that day. After entering train oh.

I realised that muritala airport is a joke.

When you see airport you will believe

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nickshrapnel: 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
SpecialAgent:

lol, wetin you dey talk, the leaders are the most accurate representation of the citizen. When I was in charge of a contract a while back, I had to consciously suppressed that aspect of me as I know how the underdogs feel.
More than 180m people cannot be the same, we have lot of uneducated ones who are the major problem of this country

7 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by sowilli: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
Na person wey no get money dey complain say Nigeria Na shit hole. Whilst things are bad in Nigeria, there should be no regrets for staying back or leaving Nigeria if you really know what you are doing. A business man who does like 300 million Naira in revenue or say 2 million dollars can visit any country with no stress. It’s all about finding your vision and pursuing it.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by jclassiq(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
ENG0701:

Same here. I'm going for my driving test soon and the whole thing makes me miss Naija's lawlessness. In Nigeria we get used to getting around things by paying for it.

Can you now see that its all of us that spoilt the country while all of you are now running up and down looking for where to escape to? God dey o

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by armadeo(m): 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
franchasng:
I understand you quite well, but there is no successful Nigerian man in diaspora that does not own a business in Nigeria grin

Of course.

But it's dangerous leaving your business in the hands of Nigerians.

They are dangerous people. Even when you are there hey will uck you up talkless of in our absence. Unless international busines.

Nigeria is not business friendly. The politics wont let you succeed unless you are one of them

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
franchasng:
keep voting useless corrupt men out of tribal religious sentiments and you still expect Nigeria to be better, you better run oh, Buhari self na one leg in Nigeria, one leg in London cheesy
that is Buhari and not me,I love nigeria die. home sweet home. I ain't going any where(permanently).naija na my home,na where baba GOD put me and na here adey.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by kkfada(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
Leaving with a Nigeria passport was my only regret.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by CallMeDrino: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2020
Sonel:

Bro, which country are you pls?

He is in UK
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by bamdexfarms(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Like many people have said, my regret is not leaving immediately I rounded up my youth service. I was so keen on living and making it in Nigeria that I started my business during NYSC in 2015, you can check my profile to verify. It was not until I got scammed and the Police demanded huge sums of bribes and 10 percent of my money if recovered that I realised that Nigeria was not for me. I eventually worked as a bank teller and I faced all kinds of discrimination because of my HND certificate, despite graduating with distinction. I took the bold decision to relocate to Germany in 2018 as a student and so far it is the best decision I have ever taken. The things I have achieved in 1 year living here and doing student jobs is more than what I achieved in 5 years living in Nigeria. My advice is if you can, migrate legally to developed western countries else you will be going in circles in Nigeria. Nigeria is favourable only to the rich not the middle class.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by kpolli(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Laziness! Explanation: In Nigeria i was more active compared to here. But I go to the gym but still can’t compare it to walking to the Suya spot, etc.

Add Suya to my regrets, I didn’t bring along my Suya man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by armadeo(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
More than 180m people cannot be the same, we have lot of uneducated one who are the major problem of this country

The lack of education is a purposeful thing. Incase you dont know.

Theres a reason why education is bleeped up here. Education builds character and power with this you can challenge anything.

So keep them illiterate and they cannot challenge us

11 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
i stay in Kazakhstan and sincerely no place like home. this country have same resources as we do but mismanagement n bad leaders wouldnt allow us to move forward. Nigeria and Nigerians r blessed. we have all d resources to move forward but we ourselves dont want to

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Chidonc(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
pweeryambre:
My hubby worked for years with a marine company that was owned by his fathers village childhood friend also known as their uncle. he was so loyal to this man that a korea company came to do a partnership business with his uncles company for a year, which went very well by the way. but when they were leaving they asks for any worker that wants to join them to go back to korea to work, and all except my hubby stays back to take care of his uncles ship as a boiler room enginner. After 3 years contract with the korean company, his colleagues are millionaires now living in korea, while my husbands uncle fired my husband along with half of the staff to employ his wives village people, till today with no pay, no explanaition nothing nothing. thats my hubbys biggest regret today.
Tell your hubby that life is about personal interest. No matter how good your landlord is, you are still a tenant. Once it's time to leave, he should learn to say goodbye and move forward, my own and their own are not similar phrase.

13 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Multiplier7(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
armadeo:

I remember my first international connecting flight being a local bou I thought all airports where like our beloved muritala airport small and compact.

When I asked directions and found out I had to take a train to the other side of the airport to connect I almost fainted.

See as I dey run for airport. Last last dem dey announce my name for speaker say plane wan go where I dey.

I run belleful that day. After entering train oh.

I realised that muritala airport is a joke.

When you see airport you will believe
My brother his exact words to me is that I should not go there o in terms of comparison, that the architecture s and beautifications are not at all the same...I kept quit.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
More than 180m people cannot be the same, we have lot of uneducated one who are the major problem of this country

Bros, plenty educated people dey, the thing be say, democracy wasn't design for wicked & selfish heart of a black man. Let me tell you, I interact with d lowest citizens in d society & high ones too. My verdict...majority are extremely corrupt, greedy & selfish , educated or not. Maybe is the environment sha

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Righteousness89(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lawalemi:
This question is largely for Nigerians in diaspora. I wish to share their experiences on disappointments and regrets that they have for leaving Nigeria to live abroad.

Situations such as severance from extended family members, issues of cold and the rest were what some persons have mentioned in the past.

Please share your experiences and views.

Thanks
I Have no Regrets! Just that I miss one or two things.
The things I miss in Nigeria are
1. My place of Worship..

2. Nigerian foods

Nothing more!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
sowilli:
Na person wey no get money dey complain say Nigeria Na shit hole. Whilst things are bad in Nigeria, there should be no regrets for staying back or leaving Nigeria if you really know what you are doing. A business man who does like 300 million Naira in revenue or say 2 million dollars can visit any country with no stress. It’s all about finding your vision and pursuing it.
Educate them sir.most nairalanders mentality is disgusting.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by chubinwa(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oloki:
my only regret is still been in Nigeria

no money......no helper.......no outside connection to move
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Bamz(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Reserved
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by LyfeJennings(m): 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
I had the chance to go to Canada some years back but it wasn't worth it. I been dey reason say if to say I leave Naija then, my life would have been worthless. Though things no too bam but someday it will. I don't regret but I pray to God I want to travel as frequent as I can someday soon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by chubinwa(m): 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
First of all, my regret is still being in Nigeria and if I eventually leave by the grace of God, my next regret will be leaving my family members in this shithole country
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
lilyheaven:
Imagine everyone leaving Nigeria.
Other neighboring countries will come and occupy her.

Bros, no worry, even if everybody leaves, I will still be here, even if Nigeria becomes a warzone, I go still dey. no stress urself. besides it's not like I can go anywhere

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
kkfada:
Leaving with a Nigeria passport was my only regret.
no sir,it's a pride in identifying with ur country.kudos for doing that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Starhearts: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
I regret leaving my old mother behind?

May God be with her

9 years in New York

Today marks 9 years without not seeing her

See u soon iya Ibeji?

Miss her food nd her jokes

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by gift2xl: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
Have u seen where someone denies his country " your from Nigeria right, no am not a Nigerian "

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.