Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? (72067 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PastorandMentor(m): 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
I don't miss anything..
I love Chicago

17 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by gnykelly(m): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:
With the present crop of leaders we have here, Nigeria is not going to get better soon.

The good thing is if you grew up here, you can survive almost anywhere in the world because Nigeria trains you to be tough and hard as shells. That's what we should be grateful for; the training grin

we Nigerians aren't really as hard as you thought... the amount of suicide going on daily and the aggression you receive for mistakenly stepping on someone in a bus or bank has turned us to stone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by LegendHero(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
Drenimarcus:
I miss this, my last drink and asun before I left.

You can get this for USA nao.

Palm wine
Suya
Asun
Guinness
Star larger
Etc.

I will personally take you where you will see all this in ATL. All bills on me.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ogongogames(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
Interesting question. It doesn't apply to me because I was born abroad. However, if I was to asked my parents they would say family. For instance, my mother never knew the day she left Nigeria and waved her dad away would be last time she would see him again. My father came to the UK during the early 80s, lost both his parents in the mid-80s. No such thing as camera phones or Skype etc back then so contact was limited.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Sluacoast(m): 4:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
redisacolor:
why will i have regret! my only regret is not leaving this container yet! i need sanity abeg NIGERIA is it a country?
You will get there dear!

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by bukkysam(f): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
sweetmelanin:
I miss the exotic fruits like udala, ube etc.. but then again, every other nigerian food item is readily available abroad. So, am I really missing much undecided

I'm really so grateful that my parents made the sacrifice many years ago and moved us out of that sinking ship way before things started getting so terrible!

My main regret, if any, is that migration is no longer easy for the average Nigerian (due to US visa ban, EU restrictions etc..) too many intelligent and wonderful people are stuck in that dump site sad

dump site
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by 8stargeneral: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
My only regret is being a Nigerian .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Musakunleobi: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
912:
Hahahahah absolutely None!!!!!!!
I will come back to this soon
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by praiseneo(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
Iā€™m suppose to travel to Europe this January but as usual Nigeria system no dey fail since September till now I never get my passport.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by WeRblessed(f): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
Have visited Nigeria four times. Mom is Nigerian from Imo State, and she thought me Igbo language and culture. I love the culture. I can write and speak Igbo fluently. I love the village so much. There you can actually eat fruits from the organic trees. My grand mother doesn't buy vegetables from the grocery store. She gets them from the backyard garden. I also love the bushes and the local streams. I love Igbo language. My mom always made sure I learn it, and I have been so grateful that I can speak and write it. I speak Spanish and little German. My college friend Bolla thought me some Yooruba language as well. I regret leaving my cousins and the village. I dont like Nigerian cities, always reminds me of India when I visited. Too crowdy, noisy, dirty, and dangerous drivers.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by shogsman(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
The best decision I made was coming back to Nigeria, no place like home I love it here more than anywhere else in the world,the US was cool but not as cool as here,too many people, they do things the same way,too much cold...
Naija is just perfect.the only thing I miss there is the little gum in ardith I used to run.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by PureMind2: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
Soon God will move me soon am sure traveling out is not my calling but it is better to explore new places

Woman are terrible being in these world

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by joepepsy(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
no regret.
Lawalemi:
This question is largely for Nigerians in diaspora. I wish to share their experiences on disappointments and regrets that they have for leaving Nigeria to live abroad.

Situations such as severance from extended family members, issues of cold and the rest were what some persons have mentioned in the past.

Please share your experiences and views.

Thanks
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Truth234(m): 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ishilove:
With the present crop of leaders we have here, Nigeria is not going to get better soon.

The good thing is if you grew up here, you can survive almost anywhere in the world because Nigeria trains you to be tough and hard as shells. That's what we should be grateful for; the training grin

Not in this era, no one needs physical strength not even the army. Its mental battle and because we are not well equipped in that aspect, several of our youths are jumping off the bridge to death.

In abroad, it is the battle of the smartest, in Nigeria, it is the battle of the craziest. If it is physical, how come we still have Boko Haram?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Bankyproperties: 5:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
No regrets whatsoever leaving Nigeria, not returning back anytime soon..
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by DennisEche(m): 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
The name self na regret, to worsen the situation is having the useless senile dullard as the president but I am leaving here soon for good. No future here.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by lilyheaven: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Please I want to stay back home o.
I love the weather down here.
I love my Nigerian food.
I love my family.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by NigeriaBam: 5:04pm On Feb 21, 2020
My regret is uncountable
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by pikin1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2020
I don't know if I should be regretting right now or not... M stuck somewhere in Germany right now and I don't know what to do next

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Fragility6: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
redisacolor:
why will i have regret!
my only regret is not leaving this container yet!
i need sanity abeg
NIGERIA is it a country?
Na community

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by ruffDiamond: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
damn man!still trying to leave da fuccking zoo sh1t!make no mistake about this: won't ever stop trying

nigga ain't suppose to be in sh1thole in da first place

ma I leave first, ask me about regret later..bull

4 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
The real question should be for Nigerians who returned to Nigeria. Coming back from study and work in the UK was the worst decision I ever made

11 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by wink2015(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lawalemi:
This question is largely for Nigerians in diaspora. I wish to share their experiences on disappointments and regrets that they have for leaving Nigeria to live abroad.

Situations such as severance from extended family members, issues of cold and the rest were what some persons have mentioned in the past.

Please share your experiences and views.

Thanks

WHAT ABOUT ME THAT HAS NOT GOTTEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRAVEL OVERSEAS !

WHAT WILL I SAY? undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by lordally(m): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
[quote author=Jackipapa post=86842121][/quote]

C
Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by franchasng: 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
justwise:
My only regret is not leaving earlier.

shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Told them angry

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by Auxtin85(m): 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
My regret is still having my family in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Regrets For Leaving Nigeria? by lilyheaven: 5:10pm On Feb 21, 2020
Imagine everyone leaving Nigeria.
Other neighboring countries will come and occupy her.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

My Street Amid Last Day Of COVID-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle? / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.