Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES - Agriculture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES (140607 Views)

My Experience Cultivating 10 Hecters (25 Acres) Of Maize Farm Land / Cost Of Cultivating Cassava Farm On An Hectare / Cost Of Cultivating 1 Hectare Of Okra & Pepper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
MoreTech:

what do you mean by applying contact or do you mean herbicide?
contact are quick action herbicide example, paraforce,weed crusher paragon e.t.c
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by fiddzy(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
jidestroud:

Every tomato farmer over here knows that this i
s the wrong time to go into commercial tomato farming. You simply can't compete with them. It is their time. For now, i just enjoy my vegetable sales while it lasts (before the rains comes back)
Good day sir, pls what period of the year are tomatoes low in supply. because I remembered toward last year ending price was high.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:47am On Mar 02, 2021
fiddzy:
Good day sir, pls what period of the year are tomatoes low in supply. because I remembered toward last year ending price was high.
the best time is now till ending.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 5:50am On Mar 02, 2021
I did my tomato nursery yesterday. Step by step how I did it is on my IG or channel now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by fiddzy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
fiddzy:
alright sir
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by MoreTech(m): 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I did my tomato nursery yesterday. Step by step how I did it is on my IG or channel now.

Good afternoon sir,

I must commend you for the work and enlightenment you are giving out here may God bless you.

I am a regular follower of your thread and I also subscribed to see your video on YouTube but in your latest video on tomato nursery in which you use cocopeat I want to ask how did you dissolve the cocopeat and how did you mix it with water because is never shown or explained in the video.

thank you and God bless.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2021
MoreTech:

Good afternoon sir,

I must commend you for the work and enlightenment you are giving out here may God bless you.

I am a regular follower of your thread and I also subscribed to see your video on YouTube but in your latest video on tomato nursery in which you use cocopeat I want to ask how did you dissolve the cocopeat and how did you mix it with water because is never shown or explained in the video.

thank you and God bless.
Amen!!! Thank you sir for the encouragement. It was my camera man fault grin I have plan to include it. Pls, Send me message on my watsapp I will send it to you and save your number sir. Thanks.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by MoreTech(m): 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Amen!!! Thank you sir for the encouragement. It was my camera man fault grin I have plan to include it. Pls, Send me message on my watsapp I will send it to you and save your number sir. Thanks.

ok thanks for the reply I will contact you on WhatsApp now
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
the seedlings is 10 old today. For those that watch the video, the net I spread under was removed on 8 day because the root has shoot out.i don't apply any manure, fertilizer or pesticide.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by MoreTech(m): 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
the seedlings is 10 old today. For those that watch the video, the net I spread under was removed on 8 day because the root has shoot out.i don't apply any manure, fertilizer or pesticide.

following you bumber to bumber

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by flowmama: 9:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:

Hello boss,

Is it possible you know the % germination rate of the seeds planted? Not particular about the % germination rate of the cultivar but your methodology. Thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2021
flowmama:

Hello boss,

Is it possible you know the % germination rate of the seeds planted? Not particular about the % germination rate of the cultivar but your methodology. Thanks
you are using style to give me mathematics to solve cheesy, what will be the percentage if you plant 3072 seed and 29 do not germinate?
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:18am On Mar 13, 2021
I have like 3 different hoe am using, but this particular one nah confirm TOOL, breaking ridges top, marking manure spot or rooting cassava. The price is #800 each, if you can get it as a cucumber or tomato Farmer you will enjoy it. I will drop the video on how I use it to Mark manure point, nematicide application and quantity of manure I used.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by flowmama: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
you are using style to give me mathematics to solve cheesy, what will be the percentage if you plant 3072 seed and 29 do not germinate?

wow. thats a very good one. 99% achieved. Thanks for the info baba.

more success
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by kengeorge: 9:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I have like 3 different hole am using, but this particular one nah confirm TOOL, breaking ridges top, marking manure spot or rooting cassava. The price is #800 each, if you can get it as a cucumber or tomato Farmer you will enjoy it. I will drop the video on how I use it to Mark manure point, nematicide application and quantity of manure I used.

Please how can I get this type of hoe?, I am in Lagos, I don't mind sending money so you can buy and help send it.

Thank you.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 10:56am On Mar 14, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
good am boss.
eku Ojo meta.
what do you mean buy the net you spread under?
how many days can cucumber use in the seed tray before transplanting?
how do you remove the cucumber from the seed tray and transplant it to the field without killing the cucumber
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:03am On Mar 15, 2021
kengeorge:

Please how can I get this type of hoe?, I am in Lagos, I don't mind sending money so you can buy and help send it.

Thank you.
I really which I can help but time no dey this days. Locate aboki Goldsmith in your area and show him the pix,he will help you to do it.
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:10am On Mar 15, 2021
aquadude15:

good am boss.
eku Ojo meta.
what do you mean buy the net you spread under?
how many days can cucumber use in the seed tray before transplanting?
how do you remove the cucumber from the seed tray and transplant it to the field without killing the cucumber
you don't watch the latest video I posted on my YouTube channel finished on to do tomato nursery? I put the net because the nursery was in the middle of forest and I will not want rat or lizard picking the seed. 2. You can start transplanting on the 5-6 day max should be on the 8 day. 3. I will transplant tomorrow, so I will make the video on how I removed it From seedlings tray to field and post on my YouTube channel and IG.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:20am On Mar 15, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I have like 3 different hoe am using, but this particular one nah confirm TOOL, breaking ridges top, marking manure spot or rooting cassava. The price is #800 each, if you can get it as a cucumber or tomato Farmer you will enjoy it. I will drop the video on how I use it to Mark manure point, nematicide application and quantity of manure I used.
the video is now available on my channel and IG.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by dmz1: 11:27am On Mar 15, 2021
@ DeLaRue if the seed offer is not late, i will like to be a part of it. Name is Emmanuel in South East. watsapp is 08029324591. Good day
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by northbird: 6:59am On Mar 17, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
the video is now available on my channel and IG.

Good morning bro, I just checked your YouTube channel for the transplanting video from the trays to the field, I can't find it...
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
the seedlings is 23 days old today. I transplant today. The video will be available latest by weekend.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aliadi2: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
the seedlings is 23 days old today. I transplant today. The video will be available latest by weekend.
Hello sir i just finished reading all your thread on tomatoes and cucumber . i watch your YouTube video too and you disabled comment . i want to ask what spacing you use for the cucumber and between the ridges. And is it grengo that you're planting sir . thanks
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 7:52am On Mar 25, 2021
aliadi2:

Hello sir i just finished reading all your thread on tomatoes and cucumber . i watch your YouTube video too and you disabled comment . i want to ask what spacing you use for the cucumber and between the ridges. And is it grengo that you're planting sir . thanks
thanks sir I don't know I have disabled comment, I will go and check, me too have be wondering no comment grin. 30cm by 1.2 meters. It jorad 2950 stand and 50 stand of f2 grin cheesy Greengo am a student of seeing is believing. I will post latest by weekend sir, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Onlysage: 8:12am On Mar 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
thanks sir I don't know I have disabled comment, I will go and check, me too have be wondering no comment grin. 30cm by 1.2 meters. It jorad 2950 stand and 50 stand of f2 grin cheesy Greengo am a student of seeing is believing. I will post latest by weekend sir, thanks.
Yea, i saw you disabled comment too.
I thought it was deliberate.
Looking forward to your new video.

1 Like

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 8:31am On Mar 25, 2021
Onlysage:

Yea, i saw you disabled comment too.
I thought it was deliberate.
Looking forward to your new video.
I have makes some changes, pls sir check if you can comment. I will appreciate if you drop some comments
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 9:51am On Mar 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
I have makes some changes, pls sir check if you can comment. I will appreciate if you drop some comments
I thought you don't want we your students to comment
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aliadi2: 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
OK i will be following keenly sir. And i will message you on WhatsApp
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
Price of tomato is coming up gradually, grade 1 housa basket was sold 5k-6k yesterday, no crate at the moment. Nothing much in the farm, my tomato is doing okay.

Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Price of tomato is coming up gradually, grade 1 housa basket was sold 5k-6k yesterday, no crate at the moment. Nothing much in the farm, my tomato is doing okay.
how much is a crate now sir.
if I leave a ripe tomato on the plant, hope it won't have an adverse effect on the plant
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by aquadude15: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2021
Farmerakinloye6:
Re: Step By Step Improve Way Of Cultivating TOMATOES by Farmerakinloye6(m): 11:26am On Mar 29, 2021
aquadude15:

how much is a crate now sir.
if I leave a ripe tomato on the plant, hope it won't have an adverse effect on the plant
crate is not available at the moment. Once it ripe pluck it, why do you want to leave it? The faster you harvest the More you will enjoy it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (69) (Reply)

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.