Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria (82231 Views)

Anthony Joshua Will Beat Fury Because He Is Physically Superior - David Haye / Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again / ‘joshua Will Beat Fury, Wilder Mercilessly’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by OlawaleBammie: 4:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
tot:

Well said.

Only a foolish BASTARD child uses his left hand to point to his father's compound. This goes to all those blindly following Trump's rhetoric to refer to their fatherland as a shithole, shame on you all.

Foolish abi bastard, bastard ni eni yen, bastard radarada.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by itsme01: 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
Osidazz19:

I beg tell them oh. Let them travel out, after so many years they will run back home.

funny fact is many of this kids cant really survive in a real country that you actually have to work to pay your own bill, where rent takes a good part of your pay cheque .. the Jobs they swear never to do here they take it abroad when after they realize that its not Nigeria that is affecting them but their lack of productive and marketable skill. I really wish many of this lazy entitled people insulting the country also get the chance to actually travel and see for themselves

6 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by NigeriaBam: 4:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Anthony Joshua is a British stooge
Puppet
He has a goal
This display of fake love is actually a way to get that goal
Bye
To become Nigeria president.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by shogsman(m): 4:58pm On Feb 22, 2020
I don't understand how this is a fucking big deal now, someone visited his parents country and y'all are making noise like his visit will solve all our problems
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Dongabby(m): 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
Sunnycliff:
If he was a failure, would Nigeria have recognized him

if one is a failure even in d family, would any member of dat same family remember him/her? let's us not forget our ORISUN. Its very important. I always feel at home whenever am at home. I LOVE NAIJA NO BE FOR MOUTH

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Osidazz19: 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:

funny fact is many of this kids cant really survive in a real country that you actually have to work to pay your own bill, where rent takes a good part of your pay cheque .. the Jobs they swear never to do here they take it abroad when after they realize that its not Nigeria that is affecting them but their lack of productive and marketable skill. I really wish many of this lazy entitled people insulting the country also get the chance to actually travel and see for themselves

Most of them think America is just like a cake walk. They think they will start making money the moment they land at the airport.
They don't now that some will have to work 2 to 3 jobs just to pay for rent. Gas, Water, phone, insurance etc. America is good but you wil work your ass off, ain't nothing FREE in the west. Most can't even go to the hospital should they get sick, cos they can't afford Medical insurance. I know people right now in the US who have medical condition but can't afford Doctors/medicine. They always ask me to help them buy medicine in Nigeria and bring it for them.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by wethebest(m): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
I av traveled to many countries but I don't feel comfortable like in Nigeria... But some brainwashed people by Hollywood think otherwise. Especially US and Germany. I will choose Uganda over US.

I will chose any Africa country over USA. That country irritates me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by kolexy(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:
I have read a lot of comments on Nairaland and other social media platforms about the visit and activities of World Boxing Heavyweight Champion -Anthony Olaseni Oluwafemi Joshua in Nigeria.

Most Nigerians who migrated abroad will understand how powerful one’s root and source are. For instance, I never knew how much I love Nigeria until after I moved to the United States for graduate school. It was then I began to miss the food, the music, the culture and uniqueness of Nigeria. In the U.S, I follow Nigerian news and listen to Nigerian music way more religiously than I ever did when I was living right inside Nigeria. There is no day I don’t remember and think about Nigeria because that is my root and source.

Anthony Joshua understands the important roles ancestors and roots play in the destiny of Africans. That explains why he even came to Nigeria with his son! He is also trying to make sure that his son(named Temiloluwa) also stay connected to his root and ancestors. Many Nigerians think things are terrible in the country(Anthony Joshua knows about all the problems facing Nigeria - he had his secondary school in Ogun State) but home will always be home; no matter what. No matter where you migrate to, they will always trace your roots back to Nigeria - so the country is forever your home.

There are lots of strengths and inspiration that can be drawn from embracing one’s roots and ancestors. When the chips are down and things become tough, remembering the impossible struggles of your ancestors, the difficult stories of people in Lagos(or your local community) can inspire you to brave the odds and fight relentlessly until you win.

Even Deontay Wilder has claimed he is of Nigerian descent. This means he has gone through some self reflections and he has realized that his unusual strength comes from his ancestors who he has traced to Nigeria.

When Anthony Joshua wanted to reclaim his belts some weeks ago, he made his way into the ring with his favorite Fela Anikulapo’s music. He will always visit the Fela Shrine because it reminds him of his childhood in Nigeria. He will always visit Makoko(one of the worst slums in Nigeria) because that is where people fight with all their heart and soul - even though they are not paid to and they do so with enormous passion and risks. He will always claim Sagamu because that is where his ancestors hail from. With these stories, experiences and prayers - Anthony Joshua will continue to enjoy the blessings and goodwill of his ancestors, his source and his root. That is the spirit he wants!

When Joshua met with the Nigerian government, people complained. Now he has returned to his source to connect with his childhood memories and people are still complaining. To be honest, how many Nigerians can afford to fly to different locations to support Anthony Joshua during his boxing matches? In his last match with Ruiz, over 10,000 British flew to Saudi Arabia to support Joshua. How many Naija people go Saudi to support am? Many of you even stayed online to post nonsensical comments about his performance.

Yet, he is home to celebrate his success with Makoko children because their sprit, stories and memories keep him going.

Guys, don’t ever forget your root and source - it is arguably your greatest strength.

Many wont understand your post, but i clearly do, even though i have never stayed outside Nigeria longer than 3 weeks. Schooling in Port Harcourt, far away from my secondary school friends was the first thing that brought me close to my roots. I never saw myself as Yoruba, i was just a kid. Here i was in PH, with totally different people. Even the ibo folks in my secondary school were just like me, none cared about who was Yoruba, Ibo or from wherever, we were just kids. Schooling in PH, i started developing interest in events in my state, i knew about events there more than my cousins back home. So much so that i was very involved in the 2003 election.

We are indeed proud of AJ

3 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by umecka(f): 5:05pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

Some people who have suffered enough in this country wouldn't mind staying away from Nigeria for a lifetime..

You are just yaning opata like this because you even had the privilege to travel out in the first place.

I'm sure your view would be different if there wasn't any possibility of you ever traveling out of Nigeria

My thought exactly.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Crispels(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Joshua schooled in Mayflower shagamu, Nigeria is what makes him thick .. in a competitive sport like boxing, you need confidence and the best way to boost your confidence is to go to your root, visit where you grew up, see thing that helped shape you

to me any time I feel abit down I just drive around my child hood neighborhood , I visit my primary school, secondary school and other places that seem so big and scary to me back then and I see how tiny it had shrunk or how old I have become.. this to me is the best therapy a man can ever have.. it works 99% of the time

many Nigerians calling Nigeria shithole do so because they are poor and disadvantaged , if you can gurantee your own comfort (inverter/solar , good estate, little change in the account and good ride) you would understand Nigeria is a very very lovely place to enjoy your life,

Bro, you just spoke to my heart. I'm currently thinking of how to save up a lil bit and visit the town that groomed me(including my primary and secondary schools there). My heart has been drawing to them for a while. Such trip is always refreshing and spiritual.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
is better to live in liberty with danger than peace with slavery. I will choose Boko Haram states over Western or Arab countries
Guys watch out for this one, she has sinister motives and she might actually be a sleeper cell agent!

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2020
kelvinunilag:

Leave this talk the day they grant you visa, you will start saying another thing...
visa is not the issue.... If na Visa, we re just 4 in my family that live here all as a matter of Choice... I had the opportunity to travel out and I didn't... I just don't feel the need to travel out to hustle.. like I said, I will like to travel out but not for relocation purposes... For now, I'm making money right here... I don't need to travel out to do so.. When I need to relax which isn't now, I will travel out. I love to travel by road as a choice also... I love to drive long distances which is why I traveled by air just once.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2020
Tulsaguy:

Pessimist..... madness runs in your blood. Ewo lepe? Were wa lori e ni?

Anu mpaam ka i bu. Na-enwe nchekwube n'ikuku.

O nu bu ndi naara ego iri o gbado unu n'akpiri.

Onye ara ehi eke.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Tulsaguy: 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Anu mpaam ka i bu. Na-enwe nchekwube n'ikuku.
O nu bu ndi naara ego iri o gbado unu n'akpiri.
Onye ara ehi eke.
Awon ọmọ ale jatijati. Eranko Igbo, ijimere baba ọ̀bọ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
tsephanyah:
is better to live in liberty with danger than peace with slavery. I will choose Boko Haram states over Western or Arab countries
Guys I think their agents are here on Nairaland, Watch your back!!!

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by fapcrook(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
Different people different stories. I love naija. A place where i can hire a driver, a Gardner, a housemaid a drycleaner with my little money

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Zooposki(f): 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

There are many of these Nigerian - American students who apply to intern in Nigeria for free. Some of them will go to Nigerian - intern for a few months and return back to the United States - with stronger love for their roots and country despite all the negativities they witnessed. I never knew how powerful roots and ancestors are until after I left Nigeria for the U.S

That’s why it is always the best for the African man to marry an African woman. The memories of your ancestors are stored in the mtDNA and the mtDNA always passes on from the mother to the child. If an African man man marries a white or any other race, those memories are gone. Your child’s memories will always be the memories of the mothers’ , so essentially you will have a white or other race child even though they are half black. She will have no connection to his/her black root.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

Exactly my point. I’ve been in the United States for a while now and there is no day I don’t miss Nigeria. There is that special feeling that comes with knowing that your real home is Nigeria. I know of Nigerian - American students here(who were born here by Nigerians but have never been to Nigeria before) that have Nigerian flags in their rooms. Most of them read all the negative news about Nigeria but they still know that their only true home is Nigeria. Some of them will be graduating from college in a few weeks and they will all have Nigerian flags on their shoulders on their graduation day. Some Nigerian - Americans even dance better to Nigerian music than Nigerians in Nigeria itself.

There are many of these Nigerian - American students who apply to intern in Nigeria for free. Some of them will go to Nigerian - intern for a few months and return back to the United States - with stronger love for their roots and country despite all the negativities they witnessed. I never knew how powerful roots and ancestors are until after I left Nigeria for the U.S

That your thought and feeling is almost general to everybody that has travelled out of the country. I also feel that way too. I've been to more than half of the countries in the world...,but truth is, no matter what you say to someone that hasn't stepped a foot out, he will not believe that home is home. Nigeria is one beautiful country but we lost the glory somehow and it will only take the grace of God and Miracle to really get her back to where she should be.

5 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by mypains: 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
eduman365:
@ Crispels

I appreciate this post and I remember vividly I was one of those who criticized him in the previous thread for his visits to political and traditional rulers in the country.

My motivation for the criticism was based on the irresponsible attitude of our leaders here in this country. Anthony is such a responsible, respectful young man and when I look at the antecedents of the so called leaders, I think a lot of these kings and even our president really do not deserve certain accolades.

The previous generation failed this country a lot and they expect so much respect and reverence from us, while giving nothing in return. Look at how many people are still dying from Boko Haram, yet we have a commander in chief, look at the nepotism in government, even the Kings aren't left out... People like Oluwo of Iwo and his reckless way of life, the Oba of Lagos and his reckless statements, just to mention a few. As a Yoruba man, I am ashamed of these people.

I have always been a core AJ fan, even when he was unknown to the Nigerian crowd. I wish the young chap all the best and I pray he gets the undisputed title... His mother trained him well. Nigeria is always your home champ!

God bless you. They always demand respect that they do not deserve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kiliwiii: 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Tmb78(m): 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
LZAA:
[/b]Nobody cares[b]
Sai igbo domination
Musachukwudi take note
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed pythonamaka
Big lie,you care.
Talk true, you are wishing he's Igbo,right?
Even small Davido,you people are always licking his ass here,
cooking up diff lies,about how his grandmother is igbo, how he speaks Igbo bla bla bla grin grin
Some of u even said it here that u wish he is igbo
Guy,forget,we know you care but ur hateful heart won't let u show it.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Crispels(m): 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
condralbedez:
Nothing will never make me miss this country, if I ever leave the shore of this country!!

I felt exactly this way until after I left Nigeria for the United States. You will be surprised how hard you will constantly miss Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2020
Tulsaguy:

Awon ọmọ ale jatijati. Eranko Igbo, ijimere baba ọ̀bọ.

You are nothing but a pitiable riffraff.

Drop your friend's account number let me send you little money for some wraps of weed
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
franchasng:
Ijebu jazz, if you know you know lipsrsealed

[img]https://3.bp..com/-OlkFnK5pZLs/VRSozuUdgtI/AAAAAAAB1g8/AE61oLwtuWc/s1600/Asiwaju-Tinubu.jpg[/img]

Smile....
You are at on your own!
Lol
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kenn55: 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Joshua schooled in Mayflower shagamu, Nigeria is what makes him thick .. in a competitive sport like boxing, you need confidence and the best way to boost your confidence is to go to your root, visit where you grew up, see thing that helped shape you

to me any time I feel abit down I just drive around my child hood neighborhood , I visit my primary school, secondary school and other places that seem so big and scary to me back then and I see how tiny it had shrunk or how old I have become.. this to me is the best therapy a man can ever have.. it works 99% of the time

many Nigerians calling Nigeria shithole do so because they are poor and disadvantaged , if you can gurantee your own comfort (inverter/solar , good estate, little change in the account and good ride) you would understand Nigeria is a very very lovely place to enjoy your life,

You got it wrong in your last paragraph. Nigeria is called a shithole not just because of its physical infrastructural deficit but because of the mentality of the people and you just confirmed it.
What wrong has the Nigerian poor and disadvantage done? So one is supposed get his own infrastructure and service before he /she can enjoy a lovely Nigeria and that sounds good to you?
How many heads do the poor Americans, Europeans etc that enjoy 24/7 light, hot and cold shower running in their homes and clean environment have?
I don't think there is any country in the world where the number of rich citizens are greater than the poor citizens, it is always the reverse. However, the beauty and livability of any country is measured by how the poor and disadvantaged in the society are treated and efforts implemented to make their lives comfortable.

The poor may not have the cars, big houses etc but at least they should also live a life of dignity. They shouldn't be carrying jerry cans and wheelbarrows fetching water from street to street, they shouldn't be sleeping in darkness because they do not have solar systems etc

Nigeria has been turned to OYO society and believe me this OYO system is what has made the country a dog eat dog society where everyone is in a mad desperation to make money committing all sorts of crime. I can't imagine how someone would use a fellow human being for money rituals. This is because that this the only way to guarantee their personal comfort like you said since the collective comfort is non existent. Any country that is built this way would remain a shithole.

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
nuti:

Guys I think their agents are here on Nairaland, Watch your back!!!

Oh! you don't know before? Lolz! Dem plenty here naa. When you read certain comments you will find them no matter how they try to hide their identity.

It is a doomed country anyway.

1 Like

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by benji93: 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Someone cannot want to maintain a connection with his roots again. Does there have to be an ulterior motive in everything? Of all the reasons, this is the only one you could think of. You must have given a lot of thought to this before reaching such a pessimistic conclusion. I hope you apply such brainstorming to your life. Progress would be a very difficult thing for you if you keep doing this, cos in your perspective, for every failure or success the western world is always behind it. I pray for your soul Omo Iya.
YorubaKinging:
Anthony Joshua is a British stooge
Puppet
He has a goal
This display of fake love is actually a way to get that goal
Bye

2 Likes

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
internationalman:

Some people who have suffered enough in this country wouldn't mind staying away from Nigeria for a lifetime..

You are just yaning opata like this because you even had the privilege to travel out in the first place.

I'm sure your view would be different if there wasn't any possibility of you ever traveling out of Nigeria
Tell him!
These peeps saying this "roots" trash are high on kwale weed.
I will never miss Nigeria even if i travel to a country like Morroco.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Kiliwiii: 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
[s]
post=86867443:
#RESPECT to Joshua.
The Son of the Soil himself.

What a very Handsome dude... kiss

Sexy eyes.
Great Body,
Respectful and jovial,
Always smiling (apart from when he is inside the boxing ring....of course not! cheesy)
..... Overall,
Fat, Very Fat Wallet!
OMG shocked

Ladies, are you with us ?
[/s]
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by cooltola(m): 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
In summary, Naija is sweet when you have money. If you no get money , hide your face.
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Crispels:

I guess you don’t even know my background. I spent the first 21years of my life in Nigeria( and my current age is below 25). My Uncle could not get a job many years after graduation. We’ve been homeless in the past. One of my uncles lost his investments to govt recklessness. My family and I have lived in slums and villages(I’ve experienced Nigeria at its worst) but Nigeria is forever our home and we will forever love it.

We love Nigeria not because of its political leaders or its difficult environment but because of its people, the Naija spirit and culture. When I was in Nigeria, I also had this mentality that if I get the opportunity to travel out of the country, I will never look back again. I was wrong! A few months after I left, I began to miss the country - so much so that I had to return to spend some time home. Nigeria has its enormous challenges but even America and other Western countries are not perfect as well.

Living abroad will make you understand that Nigeria should be better than many of these Western countries if it properly harnesses its human capital and natural resources.
Of course not everyone has a light brain like youre potraying to have.
Only a dog will go back to its vomit!
Re: The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria by cooltola(m): 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Tell him!
These peeps saying this "roots" trash are high on kwale weed.
I will never miss Nigeria even if i travel to a country like Morroco.

Bros If you get 1 Billion naira, your story go change instantly. If you get money , naija sweet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sportybet New Withdrawal Rule - Wickedness And Cruel / Nigerian Basketball Female Team Members Are So Beautiful / Cristiano Ronaldo Loses His Temper After Messing Up In Training (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.