Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise - Romance (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise (57157 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Too Stubborn, Please Advise Me / I Am Thinking Of Quitting My Relationship, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Single Mom Advertises Herself For A Husband On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by bluefilm: 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
ubunja:
and to think you used to like me....

Of course, I LIKED you when you had a dick.

But now you have transgendered and you've gotten yourself a lil nice warm pussy, I guess I will treat you in the contemptuous way I always treat things that have pussy.

Vous comprenez?

D'accord! grin
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Paboyler: 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:
Hello everyone, my name is Williams, I'm a young guy of 26 years old currently engaged to a very pretty young lady who is 24 years old

I do business online and earn good income before I decided to find a lady and settle down with and luckily I found a good one who is decent and don't flirt around or do social media's like whatsapp or Facebook. Hardly receives calls, not friendly with males lol (I managed to woo her through a church member)

We have been 1 year into the relationship now and we are to get married next month but guys the problem I am having now is that she has a child for another man which is her ex she was with when she was young she gave birth at age 20, we dated for about 7 months before she told me this.

Ever since then I haven't really been myself, the child is a male child who lives with her mother but recently the mother called her to come carry the child as she can no longer look after him due to him being a very stubborn boy, the child is 4 years old.

Now she has gone to bring the child to our home, a two bedroom apartment, I'm a kind of guy who loves peaceful environment with no single drop of noise, now ever since the child came in about a week now, I have not had peace, we have quarreled several times because of the child, I'm not really comfortable with the child because I can't love another man's child as my own

My girlfriend is yet to give me a child of my own, the child runs around and doesn't listen except when beaten and each time I beat the boy up when he does wrong my girlfriend looks at me with hatred like I'm maltreating the boy because I'm not the father.

Please guys help me I don't know what to do but I can't cope with the child, I remember paying the child school fees about 3 times since we are together because the child's father isn't doing anything at all.

Now today is the child's birthday and she is asking me for money to get him cake and take him out.

My people of nairaland I cannot accept another man's child no matter what I love the mother but not the child the connection is just now there because the boy isn't of my character I'm a calm man, very calm but the boy is very radical and stubborn children irritate me so much.

I don't know what to do.

Each time this child topic comes up between I and my girlfriend she becomes bitter.

She says she will never take the child to the father or the family of the father that she must raise the child herself.

I don't think I can help train anothrr man child whom in the end will go and find his father after he is all grown.

Please I need advice, she says over her death body will she return the child to the father

I'm not comfortable in my own home.

A lot of things running through my mind like to break up with her for peace to reign

Or rent another apartment for her and the boy to go live in.

Please I need matured advice

Hello Williams, from your description of events you already stated that you can not accept, you can not train another person's (man's) son no matter that you love the woman. It seems your mind is already made up on this issue, that notwithstanding, I will give my candid advice since you seek it.
forward to the issue at hand, You said you really love this lady in question and you intended to get married and settle down with her. Now I need you to understand that true love does exist, and it is sacrificial in nature, that means it will cost you some thing valuable, if it doesn't cost you anything valuable then it is not real, you must understand that you loving your woman, you must equally extend the love to her son, you must learn to accommodate both of them without fear, bias or pretence. You must consciously and determinantly love both mother and son as your wife and son respectively. Otherwise you can't truly profess love for your woman. This measures the depth and sagacity of your love for the woman. In other words you cannot truely love the woman without loving her son.
I will not conclude my advice without asking these questions?
1). Does it mean that you cannot train or accept an orphan who is not related to you?
2). Does it mean that you cannot adopt a child in the case that you cannot cannot give birth to one simply because he/she is not your blood?
3). What do you expect or how would you feel if tomorrow you pass on early (God forbid) at a very young age leaving a young wife and kid behind, and the woman re-marries, would you like for that new husband of your wife to marry her and love without doing same to your child?
Just a few question to ask.
My brother I bet you wouldn't like your child to be rejected. Therefore It would be best for you to accept that child in as much as you would accept and love the mother. Only then can the love be complete because the Child is part of his mother. And any attempt to segregate between them will not only cost them their happiness but will as well cost you your happiness very dearly. The fall-out from this act will cost your union with that your beloved woman your happiness, joy and can if possible cost you your job because your marriage will be is shambles. Therefore you better take a firm decision to either whole heartedly accept and love both the woman and her son or walk out of their life before you hurt them.
As regarding the stubbornness of the kid, it's a normal thing with them, this is the right stage for that to happen with them, there's nothing you can do about it. Even if it were your kid he will act and behave like that, moreover he is a boy. I bet you even both parents of one particular kid would quarell over that. It's absolutely normal you should learn to tolerate that if you must be a good father. Becoming a father is not just footing the bills and providing for the family, this is one of the Herculean task you must handle.
I have to testify here that I have actually fathered a boy child from a single parent while dating his mother exactly the same situation as you, but for 8 years. The kid is now 10 years old. He is fondly called my son even by my own parents and other family members. He is just like my PA (personal assistant), he knows everything I do. We can't stay without each other and we are best of friends. He believes so much in me.
The import of this testimony is that:
* You can actually use this kid to build your strongest hold on your lady, make them believe in you and you will be happier as every one wins.
* This situation will help you prepare more for your own children and even perfect you on the act of becoming a better father when your own children arrive.
* It will bring you Spiritual blessings and open doors for you.
Thanks a lot as you consider these pieces of advice.
Please note: Endeavor to get that kid a gift on His birthday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by BlackLaw: 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
Abfinest007:
i alway advise guys not engage in a match that u are one zero down .na u need a penalty continue there is no var so there is no penalty for u
lwkmd
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by dickt(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2020
sad
WilliamsTheGrea:
Hello everyone, my name is Williams, I'm a young guy of 26 years old currently engaged to a very pretty young lady who is 24 years old

I do business online and earn good income before I decided to find a lady and settle down with and luckily I found a good one who is decent and don't flirt around or do social media's like whatsapp or Facebook. Hardly receives calls, not friendly with males lol (I managed to woo her through a church member)

We have been 1 year into the relationship now and we are to get married next month but guys the problem I am having now is that she has a child for another man which is her ex she was with when she was young she gave birth at age 20, we dated for about 7 months before she told me this.

Ever since then I haven't really been myself, the child is a male child who lives with her mother but recently the mother called her to come carry the child as she can no longer look after him due to him being a very stubborn boy, the child is 4 years old.

Now she has gone to bring the child to our home, a two bedroom apartment, I'm a kind of guy who loves peaceful environment with no single drop of noise, now ever since the child came in about a week now, I have not had peace, we have quarreled several times because of the child, I'm not really comfortable with the child because I can't love another man's child as my own

My girlfriend is yet to give me a child of my own, the child runs around and doesn't listen except when beaten and each time I beat the boy up when he does wrong my girlfriend looks at me with hatred like I'm maltreating the boy because I'm not the father.

Please guys help me I don't know what to do but I can't cope with the child, I remember paying the child school fees about 3 times since we are together because the child's father isn't doing anything at all.

Now today is the child's birthday and she is asking me for money to get him cake and take him out.

My people of nairaland I cannot accept another man's child no matter what I love the mother but not the child the connection is just now there because the boy isn't of my character I'm a calm man, very calm but the boy is very radical and stubborn children irritate me so much.

I don't know what to do.

Each time this child topic comes up between I and my girlfriend she becomes bitter.

She says she will never take the child to the father or the family of the father that she must raise the child herself.

I don't think I can help train anothrr man child whom in the end will go and find his father after he is all grown.

Please I need advice, she says over her death body will she return the child to the father

A lot of things running through my mind like to break up with her for peace to reign

I'm not a kid. From what you have written so far, it's clear she's not the wife you are looking for. End that relationship now or cry later. A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Ruben225571(m): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

Add me up on whatsapp +17312272964

I think you should break up with her. Move on with your life find another girl. By the way what type of online business do you do? I'm looking for people who have successful online businesses.. How Can I get in touched with you please,. Can you Pls send me your emailed or cellphone number? Let’s chat on WhatsApp..
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by ubunja(m): 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
bluefilm:

Of course, I LIKED you when you had a dick.

But now you have transgendered and you've gotten yourself a lil nice warm pussy, I guess I will treat you in the contemptuous way I always treat things that have pussy.

Vous comprenez?

D'accord! grin
that post I quoted I was using an (f). Just as now. You're just a joke.

2 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Ruben225571(m): 7:03pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

Is this your WhatsApp number?
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by dickt(m): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
Paboyler:

Hello Williams, from your description of events you already stated that you can not accept, you can not train another person's (man's) son no matter that you love the woman. It seems your mind is already made up on this issue, that notwithstanding, I will give my candid advice since you seek it.
forward to the issue at hand, You said you really love this lady in question and you intended to get married and settle down with her. Now I need you to understand that true love does exist, and it is sacrificial in nature, that means it will cost you some thing valuable, if it doesn't cost you anything valuable then it is not real, you must understand that you loving your woman, you must equally extend the love to her son, you must learn to accommodate both of them without fear, bias or pretence. You must consciously and determinantly love both mother and son as your wife and son respectively. Otherwise you can't truly profess love for your woman. This measures the depth and sagacity of your love for the woman. In other words you cannot truely love the woman without loving her son.
1). Does it mean that you cannot train or accept an orphan who is not related to you?
2). Does it mean that you cannot adopt a child in the case that you cannot cannot give birth to one simply because he/she is not your blood?
3). What do you expect or how would you feel if tomorrow you pass on early (God forbid) at a very young age leaving a young wife and kid behind, and the woman re-marries, would you like for that new husband of your wife to marry her and love without doing same to your child?
My brother I bet you wouldn't like your child to be rejected. Therefore It would be best for you to accept that child in as much as you would accept and love the mother. Only then can the love be complete because the Child is part of his mother. And any attempt to segregate between them will not only cost them their happiness but will as well cost you your happiness very dearly. The fall-out from this act will cost your union with that your beloved woman your happiness, joy and can if possible cost you your job because your marriage will be is shambles. Therefore you better take a firm decision to either whole heartedly accept and love both the woman and her son or walk out of their life before you hurt them.
As regarding the stubbornness of the kid, it's a normal thing with them, this is the right stage for that to happen with them, there's nothing you can do about it. Even if it were your kid he will act and behave like that, moreover he is a boy. I bet you even both parents of one particular kid would quarell over that. It's absolutely normal you should learn to tolerate that if you must be a good father. Becoming a father is not just footing the bills and providing for the family, this is one of the Herculean task you must handle.
I have to testify here that I have actually fathered a boy child from a single parent while dating his mother exactly the same situation as you, but for 8 years. The kid is now 10 years old. He is fondly called my son even by my own parents and other family members. He is just like my PA (personal assistant), he knows everything I do. We can't stay without each other and we are best of friends. He believes so much in me.
* You can actually use this kid to build your strongest hold on your lady, make them believe in you and you will be happier as every one wins.
* This situation will help you prepare more for your own children and even perfect you on the act of becoming a better father when your own children arrive.

There's a whole world of difference between a kid of a single mom you are dating whose dad is alive living with you and an orphan living with you.

4 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Chigold101(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

I don't know what to do.

You are living with a woman that you are not married to ...
Keep on wasting your sperm and money

2 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by poik(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

I don't know what to do.

Go up, go down, this baby mama thing is sure a lot of baggage. It always rears its head, especially when things are going smooth. Real killjoy.
It isnt easy to look at your wife as someone another man has crossed, let alone have a child, worst of all a stubborn one at that.

The worst is, let him get to 20 or 21 at the brink of becoming useful, and watch the man show up from nowhere to harvest your labour. The woman may rave and shout but its all wash: biology wont lie and the law would take its course. You cant help feeling cheated, even if you have your own children.

Since you have started feeling this way the easiest thing to do is to re-evaluate that relationship: there isnt an easy way of saying it.

Again, one meet, one random apology and one random rendezvous is all it takes and she will bed him behind your back; its probably her first and we all know how potent old firewood is. Even if that doesnt happen, there will be uncomfortable interferences in your home:they have a child together. Can you live your life like this?

If i were the one, i cant o.

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Ruben225571(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

Is this ur number?
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by poik(m): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

I don't know what to do.

Also watch how out of a one year relationship, it took her 7months to tell you something as weighty as this. To make sure you would be too carried away by love by this time to pause and use your head. What else is the definition of manipulation and wickedness?

To compound matters you talk in your house and she resents you, over a strain she put on the both of you. I hate it when a woman feels so entitled because of one beauty that wont last a decade or one semblance of goodness which has turned to a bargaining chip.

Its in your hands though. For me i wont think twice sacking her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by poik(m): 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Paboyler:

Sir, i appreciate your input and since you have prolly been in the shoe, it can pass as coming from an experienced source.
But i am particular about those three questions you asked. Adopting a child because you have none or being benevolent to an orphan in need is not the same as the scenario here. Reason being that in both cases, there are no parents and even if there were, you know what you signed up for and are cool with it. But for someone who manipulates a fellow human with the ‘if you love me you will love everything about me’ card, its a different ball game, a whole new feeling. Besides he is already feeling somehow and trust me it wont go away no matter how much he suppresses it. Talking about the man dying and leaving children-its still different because the man is dead. He cant show up tomorrow to claim his child.
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by igbojay: 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

Bro your words hit me, do you really think so? Although I'm a very fine guy no doubt most girls would fall for me the way she acts I kinda feel she loves me but the child is the only problem and she doesn't even have any friends she is mostly with me all the time..

I have been in your shoes before bro. I say run as far as your legs can carry you. Her child comes first before you and you are nothing but poverty alleviation meal ticket.

6 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Mypeople2(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Abfinest007:
i alway advise guys not engage in a match that u are one zero down .na u need a penalty continue there is no var so there is no penalty for u
grin grin Guy you talk this one.It seems he has lost at home. Let him play away match so that it will be equal points .Then head to head will come in

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

Lolz
Let's go there cool
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by tunize(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
You want advice on weda to accept the child as ur own or not? Bros na u write for ur story sey u cant father anoda man's child, so what do you now need advice for?
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by madeinnigeria: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
Must a child be blood related before you can show love? If the child was yours and also stubborn as you claim you wouldn't have come here to seek for advice ..she told you she had a kid from the get go. were you expecting her to keep the child somewhere far away while she starts a fresh family with you?...if you can't compromise for the one you love then you're not meant for her
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by galantjoe(m): 9:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

Yes she doesn't. She doesn't even have friends, she is always at home most times, only goes out when I tell her we should go out or except she goes to her trainee work as an auxiliary nurse but she is done with that...

Remember this English proverb "still water runs deep" yet she got pregnant.

My advice for op is to dump her and look for another girl. That kid is not your blood. There is no way dog can mate goat. Beautiful ones are not yet born

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by galantjoe(m): 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
igbojay:

I have been in your shoes before bro. I say run as far as your legs can carry you. Her child comes first before you and you are nothing but poverty alleviation meal ticket.

What did you do then
Give us highlight for us to learn
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by WilliamsTheGrea: 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ruben225571:

Is this ur number?

Yes
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by ZaOzaRoom(m): 9:26pm On Feb 24, 2020
I can only marry a single mother if the father of her child is dead.
As long as the father is alive, I will never in my life reason marriage with her.

3 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by 2buffagain(m): 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Its hilarious indeed,is there anything like a good or bad little child? How can a normal person have problem with a four year old kid....??

To be honest the Op needs to seek mental help(this ain't normal). A four year old kid??
That means he can't live with a wife,he isn't fit for marriage because after a month he will have issues with her.

He should let this lady go,its not by force to marry her.

But be rest assured that whoever he gets married to subsequently with will have issues with him . if you can't stand a four year old kid can you stand a nagging wife?

This is abnormal. A four year old kid?chai

You are arguing with yourself with this your essay of strawman arguments.
Your attempts at misdirection failed woefully.

You and I both know the issue is not about "A 4 year old kid".
It is about "raising a child that is not his"...mixed in with the sense of betrayal realizing that you have been sold a lie all this while.
The girl is a bytch as she knowingly witheld key information from him that would affect his own family plans, only to spring it when she could no longer hide the lie.

You understand this completely, but in this case you have nothing to gain from siding with the logic of the matter, so you must feign these misdirections and logical fallacies because you want to control how some maga SHOULD think when he foolishly decides to finance your children if you go out and start fucking raw like a nincompoop.

The child is hers and not his.
She tried to be slick. This alone is akin to a betrayal.
The realization of all this has made him irritated with the whole thing, as he rightfully should.

Your insults to him mean nothing and you know that, if you would for once just side with the truth and stop all this reptilian thinking.

2 Likes

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by 2buffagain(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
madeinnigeria:
Must a child be blood related before you can show love? If the child was yours and also stubborn as you claim you wouldn't have come here to seek for advice ..she told you she had a kid from the get go. were you expecting her to keep the child somewhere far away while she starts a fresh family with you?...if you can't compromise for the one you love then you're not meant for her

Read the OP again. Did she really tho?
She hid this fact from him for almost a year of dating.

You've jumped in to comment about the story in your head you want to comment about...not the facts.
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
2buffagain:

You are arguing with yourself with this your essay of strawman arguments.
Your attempts at misdirection failed woefully.

You and I both know the issue is not about "A 4 year old kid".
It is about "raising a child that is not his"...mixed in with the sense of betrayal realizing that you have been sold a lie all this while.
The girl is a bytch as she knowingly witheld key information from him that would affect his own family plans, only to spring it when she could no longer hide the lie.

You understand this completely, but in this case you have nothing to gain from siding with the logic of the matter, so you must feign these misdirections and logical fallacies because you want to control how some maga SHOULD think when he foolishly decides to finance your children if you go out and start fucking raw like a nincompoop.

The child is not his.
She tried to be slick.
Your insults to him mean nothing and you know that, if you would for once just say the truth and stop the reptilian thinking.
Avoid my moniker,the same way I avoid yours...thanks
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by 2buffagain(m): 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
Michellekabod2:

Avoid my moniker,the same way I avoid yours...thanks

Reptilian thinking it is undecided

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by bluefilm: 10:05pm On Feb 24, 2020
ubunja:
that post I quoted I was using an (f). Just as now. You're just a joke.

Seriously?

Then I think the joke is really on you, sir.
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Igbalaoluwa: 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
ubunja:
actually I don't mind what anyone calls my baby mama. That lady is my intimacy gadget forever. Whoever marries her will have the luck of perpetually eating my sloppy seconds cause to this day we're still having sex. Lool. Alpha Fvcks Beta Bucks.

lool you're weak
the mere fact that you pay so much attention and strength into making ideologies that women should be broken and grounded shows you are very weak
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by Akanoaaa(m): 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2020
LOGOBELT:

I can't believe this comment is from a woman

He's not a woman

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by ScottDM1: 10:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
WilliamsTheGrea:

I do graphic design and I sell social media followers and likes and affordable price for Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.

Check your DM..

I got a Job for You!
Re: In A Relationship With A Single Mom; Please Advise by pavlovt: 11:07pm On Feb 24, 2020
Candid advice from me, if you truly love her you will love the boy. Check the most richest person on earth Jeff Bezo, Bezo is his stepfather's name read about his biography then you will decide if indeed there is a purpose why you meet this Lady.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

“Women openly buy and sell charms to entrap men" Lady blows hot / Female Sailors: Despite Our Good Looks, Salaries, It Is Tough Finding True Love / What Should A Guy Do After Catching His Girlfriend With Another Man? (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.