Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case (62905 Views)

Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Sluacoast(m): 5:19am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.
I laugh you, you say heat. Just dey pray make that rubbish no enter here o.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Truthbites: 5:20am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

Those who remember this event can bear me witness.

I wanted to type this. Thanks for saving me the stress. God bless Jonathan. Long live Jonathan . If Buhari was president during Ebola time, we for all don die

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by godkiller(m): 5:20am On Feb 28, 2020
Nna mehnnnnm!

Lassa fever came, God saw us through
Bird flu came, we won the war.
Ebola came, we gave upper cut.
Now it's corona, we'll surely conquer.

Nna mehnnnnm!

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Olumideobaco: 5:22am On Feb 28, 2020
COVID-19 finally arrives Nigeria from Italian victim. What would this portrait for our moribund health sector. Let's us all prayerful cast our gaze upwards while helping ourselves to do the needful in preventive measures to curtail the spread. May another ADADEVOH arrives amidst us once again.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Henrypius: 5:22am On Feb 28, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
They will act. Just like they did with Ebola. The only time our useless government wakes up is when there is a crisis that does not only affect the poor. That’s when you see that they can actually be effective when they want to.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Virtutis: 5:23am On Feb 28, 2020
This is the time for NCDC to prove their mettle and the health minister to justify his alleged claim that we can contain the virus. The coming days will be crazy and highly chaotic with more cases that will be diagnosed.

I do hope those that the patient has had contact it can be gotten and tested so as to quarantine any other positive person early.

Battling an epidemic like this is not a walk in the park and the last thing any country will want is to be faced with one thus, I believe Nigeria will mobilize all the resources in her disposal to fight this scourge.

It won't be easy (China is still fighting), but as every epidemic that has ever occured, the whole world will triumph over Covid-19.

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by agarawu23(m): 5:24am On Feb 28, 2020
Can Nigeria handle the outbreak? God help us o
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by kristo123: 5:25am On Feb 28, 2020
NLReposter:
It was discovered quickly

don't panick

What quickly are you talking about... What about the rest passengers that boarded the same flight with him.

For this to be contained they have to isolate everyone he made contact with or the same space as him, from the plane, airport staffs, transport he took, the business meeting he went to, the hotel he stayed.. which is not possible in a state like Lagos with high population density.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 28, 2020
kristo123:

What quickly are you talking about... What about the rest passengers that boarded the same flight with him.

For this to be contained they have to isolate everyone he made contact with or the same space as him, from the plane, airport staffs, transport he took, the business meeting he went to, the hotel he stayed.. which is possible in a state like Lagos with high population density.
island is not as populated as the mainland

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Henrypius: 5:30am On Feb 28, 2020
Olumideobaco:
COVID-19 finally arrives Nigeria from Italian victim. What would this portrait for our moribund health sector. Let's us all prayerful cast our gaze upwards while helping ourselves to do the needful in preventive measures to curtail the spread. May another ADADEVOH arrives amidst us once again.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Abuloma80(f): 5:31am On Feb 28, 2020
playapayaski:
*Breaking news

There is a healer of Convid 19 in Nigeria already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50jkVIMvds

The claimed Prophet was talking of Chaina, praying hard for Chaina not knowing the Virus was watching him from Lagos airport. He should review his prayer in vafour of Nigeria, now that virus has entered the Country.

By the way, why was the man not sent back from wherever he was coming from? Are we really prepared to curtail this? May God see us through this soonest.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by 9jaRealist: 5:33am On Feb 28, 2020
We did well with Ebola containment...
No reason we shouldn't be able to deal with this.

>
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

1.Polio eradicaiton has happened in Nigeria...about 4 years ago, under the same Buhari administration

2.As for Lassa fever, in 2012...there were 623 cases with 70 deaths by March of that year. Under GEJ's regime (part of the 2012-14 cycle. Lassa fever by the way was discovered in Nigeria in 1969.

3Of a truth this goverrment has failed to make things better in the health sector. But GEJ did not make the health sector any better either.(I work in the health sector, so I know).

You GEJ fans are just as bad as the Buhari fans. Both your heroes have failed, and you guys keep on whitewashing them all the time.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Auxtin85(m): 5:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Pr0cter:
Hmm!!

Isn't it for me to import containers of face mask and sanitizers??

I see business about to boom.

Imagine 1 facemask at #100 and mini bottle sanitizer for #200 for a country of over 120 million people??

Chai!!

Corolla or no corolla, I must make money.

Make I go find my calculator

Who dey sick nor dey remember business, he only thoughts na how to get well and leave isolation, my brother pray for good health first before business.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Virtutis: 5:38am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:

Chairman, this is not about your Jonathan or Buhari. It was not Jonathan who told late Dr Adadevoh to restrict the Liberian guy from leaving the hospital nor was he the one who told NCDC what to do. The major thing the President needs to do is to release funds when necessary and reassure the citizens.

No president will seat idly and watch an epidemic such as this ravage their country. The searchlight of all countries and many NGOs are beamed on you, watching how you manage the epidemic. No president will want to appear as not doing enough thus, it is expected to see them putting their best foot forward in such situations whether Buhari or Jonathan.

I believe in the government to manage this optimally more than the Ebola period. Try to be also.

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by BabbanBura(m): 5:43am On Feb 28, 2020
naptu2:
The chief press secretary of the Lagos State governor, Mr Gboyega Akosile, tweeted this a few minutes ago.

gboyega akosile @gboyegaakosile

https://twitter.com/gboyegaakosile/status/1233190907131944960

The way Naija babes dey rush these foreigners dey fear me woo, cos na dem go dey spread am!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 28, 2020
Pr0cter:
Hmm!!

Isn't it for me to import containers of face mask and sanitizers??

I see business about to boom.

Imagine 1 facemask at #100 and mini bottle sanitizer for #200 for a country of over 120 million people??

Chai!!

Corolla or no corolla, I must make money.

Make I go find my calculator

Businessman, I hope you use the money to cater for the disease. You think this is wise?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Dyt(f): 5:51am On Feb 28, 2020
BabbanBura:

The way Naija babes dey rush these foreigners dey fear me woo, cos na dem go dey spread am!

And cos you dey rush dem too
Hahahahahahaha
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 28, 2020
Cirochukade:
Sleep don clear tey tey for my eyes just waiting for more confirmation. God HELP us
Confirmed!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by naptu2: 5:53am On Feb 28, 2020
Beremx:
[s][/s]Was the Lagos State Government waiting for the disease to enter Nigeria before they released the precautionary measures not to get infected?

Mtscheew

https://twitter.com/ProfAkinAbayomi/status/1231646591834087424
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by golddust6000(m): 5:55am On Feb 28, 2020
The tiny European country Lithuania just confirm their first corona virus
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Jakama90(m): 5:57am On Feb 28, 2020
Very very scary.. God have mercy.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Marshalemmy(m): 5:59am On Feb 28, 2020
Lord have mercy on us
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by JuanDeDios: 6:00am On Feb 28, 2020
KiZiie:
What happened to the chloroquine idea
What's the chloroquine idea?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 28, 2020
JuanDeDios:

What's the chloroquine idea?

Some silly rumor that chloroquine could cure corona virus.

Which isn't true. Chloroquine was developed to treat malaria..which is caused by a protozoa spread by a specie of mosquito(different from a virus).

So far there is no cure for COVID 19...but some scientists report promising ideas using some preexiting antiviral drugs. Nothing settled though.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by backnbeta(f): 6:04am On Feb 28, 2020
If only the passengers were quarantined for 14days undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Judybash93(m): 6:06am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.

It strived in the UAE... That's in the freaking middle of the desert... Nigeria is a lot cooler compared to that place

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by oluwaahmed: 6:07am On Feb 28, 2020
And being an Italian, he must have already slept with all those lekki hoes, probably he's colleagues at the office (probably Agip oil company since its owned by Italians) had contact with him.
We need to stay away from popular shops like shoprite and co that attract foreigners now. Stay away from oloshos and most importantly avoid going to banks as much as you can.
God save us all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by dederocs(m): 6:07am On Feb 28, 2020
Why does this government like fire brigade approach?

No measures have been taken to curtail the disease coming to Nigeria till now, what a non chalant government angry

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by LegitDiva: 6:11am On Feb 28, 2020
chatom143:
With the confirmed case of Coronavirus utbreak in Nigeria, more people to be confirmed positive in the coming days, we are in big trouble.No amount of prevention is enough.

Our last problem should be coronavirus, deep down we have so many issues we are dealing with, how do we escape from this? God please have mercy on us.

Imagine you are lockdown in your house without electricity because of our epileptic power supply in Nigeria, you can't go out because of Coronavirus. With Lagos population, the suffering will kill people faster than the virus.

Attached below is the best way to reduce yourself from the virus.

Why are you so darn pessimistic? Be it into only you as you have spoken! For the rest of us we are safe and so shall it be in Jesus name
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by BanevsJoker(m): 6:12am On Feb 28, 2020
stmartins4:
Let's hope our government will be able to contain this because it is very scary.
Do you have a government?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North / How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) / Dead Body In Yobe Transported With Wheelbarrow From Hospital To Deceased Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.