Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case (62904 Views)

Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by guiddoti: 7:46am On Feb 28, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Thank God it started from Lagos and not elsewhere. Lagos is always best placed to stop it in terms of financial, professional and organisational requirements.

I only hope some Nigerians don't add to the disaster by being uncooperative because they don't like the current government and want to prove that the ebola containment was better. I am seeing contrary comments already on NL. Some don't mind dying to prove a point. Generally in Nigeria, we have an extremely selfish mindset.
Ebola was curtained by APC led Fashola's government. Let them say whatever they like.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by jaxxy(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2020
We don’t have good roads in Lagos now this God help us, it will not be well with China for causing this ridiculous virus undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Whizbuzz(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2020
My God...coronavirus is in my backyard already...may God help us ooo...I go still pass through this hospital this morning...baba God a beg,as we that live close to IDH have survived Ebola,Tuberculosis etc that has been treated here..abeg protect us from this one too ooo in God's name I pray...
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by rotile247(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.

This theory does not hold as they are experiencing in Iran despite the high heat.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by ayanbaba2(m): 7:53am On Feb 28, 2020
BanevsJoker:

This virus might even be the solution to the conundrum this country has become. The moment it crosses the Niger River, everywhere go stew.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by idonhammer: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Bunch of scammers
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Realtalk20: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2020
Alkidam:
Nigerians generally are always reluctant to provide fast cautionary strategies, how the hell was the foreigner able to enter the country without accessing him thoroughly of the pandemic, well. our prayers and concern now should be how this can be contained enough.

He dashed them dollars at the entry point

That's the biggest problem with Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by RaptorX: 7:57am On Feb 28, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
I think all world governments need to come together once this thing is contained and impose serious sanctions on China until they get their people to stop eating all kinds of rubbish in that country. Every time it’s them- SARS, bird flu now corona. Na only dem Dey this world.
This is a man made bio engineered virus. It has nothing to do with eating bats etc, it was accidentally or deliberately leaked from the wuhan virology lab.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Josydaky(f): 8:00am On Feb 28, 2020
The panic is real. I am now hiding in my room with Catarrh. I can't take the risk of infecting my family even if it is normal flu.
I won't walk around the house.
No work for me today.
�����
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by gnykelly(m): 8:00am On Feb 28, 2020
Pr0cter:
Hmm!!

Isn't it for me to import containers of face mask and sanitizers??

I see business about to boom.

Imagine 1 facemask at #100 and mini bottle sanitizer for #200 for a country of over 120 million people??

Chai!!

Corolla or no corolla, I must make money.

Make I go find my calculator

the countries you want to import from don't even have enough... but I don't see you setting up a factory because of your drive for quick money
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Uncleodi(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2020
The new NCP coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days then how can one know if he/ she is infected ?
Latest information is that the incubation period may be upto 28 days before the symptoms of COVID 19 are evident.

By the time a person has fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs are usually 50 % Fibrosis and it's too late !

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning ;

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds.
If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness , etc , it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.

In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air!

SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases. Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY.
Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least.
WHY ?
Even if the virus does enter into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your oesophagus and into the stomach.
Once there , your stomach ACID’s will kill all the virus.
If you don't drink enough water more regularly...the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS.
That's very dangerous.

Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone about this !

Take care everyone & may the world recovers from corona virus soon.

May all be well & happy.

-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by slimgonzalez(m): 8:02am On Feb 28, 2020
5 confirmed cases and counting in Nigeria....Start stock pilling face mask and chloroquine, before the prices skyrocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by thundafire: 8:03am On Feb 28, 2020
Stop passengers from Japan,Italy,China and any other country infected not to come into the country for now

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2020
Pr0cter:
Hmm!!

Isn't it for me to import containers of face mask and sanitizers??

I see business about to boom.

Imagine 1 facemask at #100 and mini bottle sanitizer for #200 for a country of over 120 million people??

Chai!!

Corolla or no corolla, I must make money.

Make I go find my calculator

2020 goals
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by changedinchrist: 8:14am On Feb 28, 2020
Agip Saipem office in Banana island on lock down.

That is the office the guy went to when he came back to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by HundHunter(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2020
Please where is the Pastor who is planning to travel to China to destroy Coronavirus?

He need not go to china again o.

He can start his New Evange-medical Ministries in Lagos.

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by switspin(f): 8:21am On Feb 28, 2020
naptu2:
The chief press secretary of the Lagos State governor, Mr Gboyega Akosile, tweeted this a few minutes ago.

gboyega akosile @gboyegaakosile

https://twitter.com/gboyegaakosile/status/1233190907131944960
Very soon we will be told how salt solution will prevent one from getting infected
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by CSTR2: 8:25am On Feb 28, 2020
The price of a pack of N95 nose masks in Nigeria has gone from 3000 naira to 130000 naira.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by nathaliya: 8:25am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.

What about the ice rain that just fell?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by netflicks(m): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2020
Did u say yaba shocked I'm relocating immediately angry
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Came4amod: 8:30am On Feb 28, 2020
Guys .. the man flew from Milan to nigeria in a plane .. fact is everyone on that plane has been exposed one way or the other .. and they have gone to thier respective homes to shear mathematicaly by monday .. we should see a rise in the confirmed cases .. this is the time you will see every religious organisation will shut up .. because it will spread and people will die ..
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by moorevic(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

Its a taboo and a sin to eat living animal. The Holy scripture calls it unholy.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by ghettochild4u(m): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2020
So immigration stupidly let this man in.... Knowing he's coming from a hot zone Italy.... The fact that they even allowed planes to come from Italy shows our non chalant way of doing things
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 8:36am On Feb 28, 2020
rotile247:

This theory does not hold as they are experiencing in Iran despite the high heat.
Please allow myself to give myself hope.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Came4amod: 8:39am On Feb 28, 2020
pressplay411:

I don't believe this news though.
But I know our politicians are too greedy to want to die so they'll fight this Corona virus with all they have.

So we'll be okay.

U dont believe..heheheh grin
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 8:40am On Feb 28, 2020
eledacedar:

Isi my love, the rain has started. Heat has gone down
My sister, rain fell very early this morning and the weather is cool.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by blowjohn(m): 8:47am On Feb 28, 2020
Imagine people with the virus tracking with God is good or peace mass transit all over the place with all the plenty unnamed transportation companies
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by mikibash: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Jesus just woke up to this, u stay at yaba ooo . I just evacuate ooo trouble don start ooo
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by WriterX(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2020
Ladycewhy:
raining season is approaching , hope you know. Many cites have experienced their first year rainfall already.

Plus what about the people he has had contact with? Na so we go start dey say heat dey,the virus nor go spread , we nor dey take things serious for this country.

Soon now pastors and traditionalists will be cashing out cos Nigerians would rather go and pray for healing or take herbal mixtures than to turn themselves in for quarantine and treatment.

the problem is the incubation period of CONVID IS SKETCHY ,the people he got in contact with and the people the people got in Contact with are a high risk right now , the plane he boarded and their passengers all have to be quarantined also and in a city like lagos thats double scary .
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Lekison(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

as in those people are cannibals eating anything the breath
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by mclorenzo(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

If it doesn't thrive in heat, it better die before we hit the rainy season.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North / How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) / Dead Body In Yobe Transported With Wheelbarrow From Hospital To Deceased Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.