Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case (62902 Views)

Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by BanevsJoker(m): 6:58am On Feb 28, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Well, the screening method they are using is just to screen the temperature. Which is what they use everywhere in the world.

The problem is, it does not catch everyone.

Plus it is an airborne disease...and even the most sensntive masks cannot offer 100% protection

Trust your "government" to declare 7 days of inter denominational prayer and fasting against the coronavirus. Other countries were preparing, Magu was blaming corruption.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by connectboi(m): 6:59am On Feb 28, 2020
Ever since I don hear say these bastard Chinese are eating lizard , rat ,chocroach and some useless animal I don know say them go get problem now their problem don they affect my country for where me I dey
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by AWFCNAIJA: 6:59am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

Those who remember this event can bear me witness.

Its a lie... The Jonathan government did nothing, they only followed in the footsteps of the Lagos State government.

It was Lagos who sole handedly uncovered the first case and subsequent ones, it was still her that efficiently effected contact tracing that greatly reduced the probability of an outbreak, and by her efforts these individuals were quarantined and treatment administered.

The glory of those days belongs to Governor Fashola and Dr. Mrs Adadevoh - the first doctor to identify the patient and commence emergency procedures. Unfortunately she paid with her life.

RIP Ma! Lagos will never forget!

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by rottennaija(m): 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.

Forget that thing. This was engineered in the lap. A Chinese scientist stole the virus from the lap in Canada and sent it to Chinese lap where it was re-engineer and use to infect people. All these as done early 2019
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Heat or Ice we no wan here say naija dn folo dey the countries involved so as to prevent dat same pandemonium feeling when we get dat year were ebola strike
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

On the bright side, the virus doesn't thrive in heat and Lagos is very hot right now.

Chinese people, stop eating everything that moves, una no go hear. Now see the problem you've put the world in.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by blackbriar: 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
klever18:
corona na virus .it does not have life outside a living cell

the flu is also a virus and spreads same way
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 28, 2020
Thank God it started from Lagos and not elsewhere. Lagos is always best placed to stop it in terms of financial, professional and organisational requirements.

I only hope some Nigerians don't add to the disaster by being uncooperative because they don't like the current government and want to prove that the ebola containment was better. I am seeing contrary comments already on NL. Some don't mind dying to prove a point. Generally in Nigeria, we have an extremely selfish mindset.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Stormywolf: 7:05am On Feb 28, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Well, Africans also eat everything that breathes that's why we had Ebola the last time.

But I think these viruses might have been engineered in the lab to reduce population of Africa and China.

What do I know sef?
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Reelnah: 7:07am On Feb 28, 2020
Abegi ooo hope it can not be transmitted by able Lagos mosquito, because Lagos State mosquito are something else. They are misbehaving in d past few days now. I don't know their grievances .
Make God help us oooo
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

Those who remember this event can bear me witness.

Just shut up with this divisive nonsense. You think this is the right time for such incitements? Or you think coronavirus cannot infect you because you are anti Buhari government? Nigerians can be the worst fools in a crisis. They rarely think constructively.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by 4four(m): 7:13am On Feb 28, 2020
Who ever is working in an environment or organizations where you have foreigners working, need to take extra measure to protect your self at the place of work. And everybody that have come in contact with this fellow from flight down to his apartment in Nigeria to his place of work need to be trace and quarantine them, including those that have come in contact with them
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by johnnychuks(m): 7:13am On Feb 28, 2020
we know is going to be sure bet now! naija will surely use it as a scam to make money for them self! I don't believe it!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by peacettw: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2020
Incubation period of this disease is 2 weeks. Which means that the infected person is relatively well for that length of time spreading the infection everywhere he or she goes. God save us all and some miscreants will be demanding PhD... No problem.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by dreamangel: 7:15am On Feb 28, 2020
Auxtin85:
Am just so scared now, God protect my family and loved ones, protect every Nigerians.

God shouldn’t have allowed this come to Nigeria at all, we already have a deadly virus in Nigeria (Fulani Herders)

Nonsense. Stop blaming God. He gave us brains to make use of. Our irresponsibility and wickedness is the cause of our problems.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by pressplay411(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2020
stmartins4:
Let's hope our government will be able to contain this because it is very scary.

I don't believe this news though.
But I know our politicians are too greedy to want to die so they'll fight this Corona virus with all they have.

So we'll be okay.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by sotall(m): 7:18am On Feb 28, 2020
Omobada:

You better work on yourself so that it will be well with you like him. Two times president who is now over 70. what do you think he would need to achieve again before you can agree that it's actually well with him already.
Stop quoting me to spew rubbish.

You dont take up the responsibility of being the president of a country and not be proactive and find solutions to the problem of the country.

Even the Senate has said the FG isn't doing enough to protect the virus from coming here. Now what do we have?

The virus is here already
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by MotiveU(f): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2020
God help us..
Let it not spread in Jesus name.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Auxtin85(m): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2020
dreamangel:

Nonsense. Stop blaming God. He gave us brains to make use of. Our irresponsibility and wickedness is the cause of our problems.

Must you use "Nonsense" ?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Monday60655(m): 7:23am On Feb 28, 2020
If our facilities are working, the man would have been diagnosed of this deadly disease at the airport as soon as he arrived.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by fabsonkenechukw: 7:25am On Feb 28, 2020
I think Nigeria should stop all these visitors from the countries that are affected... Boko Haram dey finish Nigeria now is Mrs Corona viru grin cool cry[sub][/sub]s.. pls don't enter Nigeria we beg u...
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by OdefaGirl(f): 7:29am On Feb 28, 2020
God help us all.... this is really bad
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by hermesprogidy(m): 7:34am On Feb 28, 2020
This is freaking scary. Boggles the mind to how many people have been exposed to this virus, during their flight with him. Lagos state govt as a matter of urgency need to commence testing patients with respiratory diseases especially pneumonia for COVID 19.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by guiddoti: 7:36am On Feb 28, 2020
Salt and hot water fans, remember ogini head mask
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by eyinjuege: 7:37am On Feb 28, 2020
Ok na, let's go there.
Who were those on the same flight as he was?
Time to start teaching them.
Who were those working at the airport that time he arrived?
Gbege don dey o...
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Macgyver1: 7:38am On Feb 28, 2020
Coronavirus is man made biological weapon. Predicted as far back as 1981.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by guiddoti: 7:39am On Feb 28, 2020
Monday60655:
If our facilities are working, the man would have been diagnosed of this deadly disease at the airport as soon as he arrived.
How? with temperature measurement?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by klax(m): 7:39am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

Bro the way Chiness are so obssessed eating everything that comes their way its so shocking. Few weeks ago I watched a video where a chiness woman feeding his son with live and fresh tadpole and put them in a class of water using spoon to picked it one by one feeding his son with it and she was smilling saying it contain some silly vitamins.

I don't understand them even Nigeria that eats everythings has their boundary but chiness has no boundary. I'm sure chiness eat mosquitoes.

Na wah oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by atmstyle: 7:41am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

That is not enough comfort. Reports have it that it has been raining in some parts of Lagos since last night, and the weather is cool.

Nigerians should not rely on 'Africa's hot weather' on this one, but one proper hygienic standards and reasonable safety precisions.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by MSesan: 7:41am On Feb 28, 2020
This supposed to have been detected @ the airport and be stopped right there.

Who knows what this guy have done since he'd entered the country, who he'd hugged, copulated with or shake hands with.

May God have mercy on HIS Creatures.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by DNSPro: 7:41am On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Esigbo badoo.

the virus didn't originate from what was eaten but from a bio-lab.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Switup: 7:44am On Feb 28, 2020
enka05:
I have first hand information about the said man.

1. They were four Italian expatriates that came in on 25th. They were all scheduled to go back yesterday. Well the other 3 left except this one that had symptoms already. He checked into a clinic on 26th and all tests came back negative until they decided to move him to Yaba for a coronavirus test.

Now here's the problem.

1. He had close contacts with people at the factory where he came to work.
2. He has close contacts at the airport plus the taxi driver that was all over him as oyibo concern.
3. He had access to domestic staff at the company quarters where he stayed.

Moral of this story.

Stock up your house with food.
Buy hand glove and mask when going out
Wash your hands as regular as possible
Coronavirus is here and it won't be funny at all.

The truth in this scenario scares me���

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Biodun556(m): 7:46am On Feb 28, 2020
stmartins4:
Let's hope our government will be able to contain this because it is very scary.

They did well during ebola outbreak. Kudos the then governor. I hope the present administration two will do well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North / How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) / Dead Body In Yobe Transported With Wheelbarrow From Hospital To Deceased Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.