Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case (62901 Views)

Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Eidris01(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
if china ,Italy, japan and more developed country with advanced health systems are crying like babies in the hand of MR corola or na corona virus (covid 19) what will happen to nigeria God pls help us o

expect to see the price of noise mask jump up like crazy , also expect new version of noise mask eg: ??

expect more barbaric things like drinking of salt water , bating with urine
There's nothing God cannot do, what if the cure is found in Nigeria?..
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ladycewhy(f): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2020
WriterX:

the problem is the incubation period of CONVID IS SKETCHY ,the people he got in contact with and the people the people got in Contact with are a high risk right now , the plane he boarded and their passengers all have to be quarantined also and in a city like lagos thats double scary .
the people that down from the plane with him have probably been to other states already , spreading it shocked shocked. This is just scary.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by WriterX(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2020
Came4amod:
Guys .. the man flew from Milan to nigeria in a plane .. fact is everyone on that plane has been exposed one way or the other .. and they have gone to thier respective homes to shear mathematicaly by monday .. we should see a rise in the confirmed cases .. this is the time you will see every religious organisation will shut up .. because it will spread and people will die ..

my fears exactly , the fact that he boarded a plane and their were passengers on it is a big problem , if we say there were 150 passengers and then multiply contacts this people made say 10 daily every 24hrs thats 1500 ,now 1500 * A week 7 is 10,500 we havent even calculated those who the contacts have also come in contact with wow this is serious man , lord i hope they take the same swift measures they did take with ebola .

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by mclorenzo(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2020
Helpfromabove1:
if china ,Italy, japan and more developed country with advanced health systems are crying like babies in the hand of MR corola or na corona virus (covid 19) what will happen to nigeria God pls help us o

expect to see the price of noise mask jump up like crazy , also expect new version of noise mask eg: ??

expect more barbaric things like drinking of salt water , bating with urine
Olive oil and holy water from pastors nkor.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by mclorenzo(m): 9:18am On Feb 28, 2020
Ogbunigwe2018:
I hope there will be no sacrificial lamb Doctor, this time around.

R.I.P Dr Ameyo Adadevoh

Dr Adedavoh was actually in contact with the index case of the Ebola viridae that came in via the Liberian, Patrick Sawyer. She vehemently refused to release him against pressure from the liberian government. So, indirectly, she saved our asx by ensuring he was quarantined “For the greater good of the masses”.
God rest her brave soul.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by WriterX(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2020
Ladycewhy:
the people that down from the plane with him have probably been to other states already , spreading it shocked shocked. This is just scary.

it really is i just did a rough calculation in a week time we could have a potential figure of 10,500( 75,000 stand at risk barely a week if i apply the calculations to those who will come in contact with those the passengers will make contact with too) this is really scarry.

i cant believe the world is quarantining travellers from foreign countries were cases have been recorded and they allowed someone from a hot zone like it italy to put the nation at risk ,this is annoying.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by KiZiie(m): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2020
JuanDeDios:

What's the chloroquine idea?

They said African were not predisposed to the virus partly because they were pumped with chloroquine, I'm not sure of the validity because I did not further the research.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Joystark(f): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2020
The Corona Killer Pastor shouldn't bother going all the way to China again...

The mountain has come to him. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by grandstar(m): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

Those who remember this event can bear me witness.

It was actually Lagos state that contained the Ebola virus

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ladycewhy(f): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2020
WriterX:

it really is i just did a rough calculation in a week time we could have a potential figure of 10,500( 75,000 stand at risk barely a week if i apply the calculations to those who will come in contact with those the passengers will make contact with too) this is really scarry.

i cant believe the world is quarantining travellers from foreign countries were cases have been recorded and they allowed someone from a hot zone like it italy to put the nation at risk ,this is annoying.
the worse part is that infected poeple will likely not visit hospitals when the symptoms starts to show,some will be drinking agbo,some will go to kpako chemist to cut cut drugs for them, some will go to churches and embark on fasting for healing.

Lord epp us embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by playapayaski: 10:03am On Feb 28, 2020
He already spent 2 days in d country before it was detected.. Not on arrival or at the airport.

Abuloma80:

The claimed Prophet was talking of Chaina, praying hard for Chaina not knowing the Virus was watching him from Lagos airport. He should review his prayer in vafour of Nigeria, now that virus has entered the Country.

By the way, why was the man not sent back from wherever he was coming from? Are we really prepared to curtail this? May God see us through this soonest.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Hotspotbro(m): 10:07am On Feb 28, 2020
Now face mask how much?
Trader:Na 1k
Me........ :-(

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by tonididdy(m): 10:24am On Feb 28, 2020
OceanEye:
A friend of mine who works at airport told me a man was suspected to be infected at the airport and we should be awaiting result. Damnit!

All those bribe seeking motherfuckers wey nor dey use eye see returnee... Am sure a lesson is about to be learnt.

I pity the trolley guys too. This disease can never be contained in Nigeria.

I pray to God this is the first and last case otherwise Nigeria go smell
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by okunola1: 10:38am On Feb 28, 2020
I think this is a devastating news coming from Nigeria government and health ministry, we have more than enough time to prepare and guide against this from entering Nigeria. What happens to quarantine and necessary test of Foreign nationals from infected countries. Just yesterday, the senate said government wasn't doing enough. Our government needs to be proactive
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Masterito(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2020
See who is telling me about Dr Adedavoh. She did well and kudos to her, but do you think she did that all alone? Meanwhile you are digressing, you called her a sacrificial lamb like she fought it alone. Do you think only her got infected and died at the Hospital? Don't you think there where nurses, technicians and other persons who help restrained the patient physically? Obviously the Doctor's life is the most important one to you. Bleep off with this irritating politics of yours. Nothing everything is up for debate or health politics!
Ogbunigwe2018:

Dr Adedavoh was actually in contact with the index case of the Ebola viridae that came in via the Liberian, Patrick Sawyer. She vehemently refused to release him against pressure from the liberian government. So, indirectly, she saved our asx by ensuring he was quarantined “For the greater good of the masses”.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by toyosiolamide(m): 10:53am On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
To be brutally honest I am very worried about the level of incompetence in Buhari led administration which is still struggling with common polio eradication and Lassa fever.

I remember how excellent Jonathan’s administration handled the Ebola crisis and how American government even sent their CDC team to learn and implement the strategies developed by the health ministry during Jonathan.

Those who remember this event can bear me witness.
We keep comparing US and other developed countries like they were super enough to prevent the virus on their own soil.As far as I know,many cases have been confirmed in all these so called countries and just one in Nigeria and yet we blame the government...If the so called developed countries are as super as you people depict,then they ought to have controlled the viral spread.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 10:59am On Feb 28, 2020
Lekison:
as in those people are cannibals eating anything the breath
I knew they would eventually eat themselves to death.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 11:01am On Feb 28, 2020
J111333:
The melanin in black man's skin won't let it be fatal in Nigeria.
We are allowed to hope...
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by pressplay411(m): 11:01am On Feb 28, 2020
Came4amod:

U dont believe..heheheh grin

If it were true;

-We won't have only one causality.
-We wouldn't have cured it.

Besides, how would the money budgeted for coronavirus be approved if this news and fear doesn't circulate.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2020
RaptorX:
This is a man made bio engineered virus. It has nothing to do with eating bats etc, it was accidentally or deliberately leaked from the wuhan virology lab.
una don start.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by JuanDeDios: 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
KiZiie:

They said African were not predisposed to the virus partly because they were pumped with chloroquine, I'm not sure of the validity because I did not further the research.
Well, if that's true, it would still leave anyone below 20 unprotected since they didn't take much chloroquine. Last time I took it must have been around 1997 since I was tired of the itching.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by JuanDeDios: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

I knew they would eventually eat themselves to death.
Are you vegetarian then?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Are you vegetarian then?
Vegetarianism has no connection with abominable dietary inclinations.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by JuanDeDios: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

Vegetarianism has no connection with abominable dietary inclinations.
I take it you don't consider eating the corpse of a dead animal abominable. Well, some people do. Same way you view some dietary inclinations of the Chinese. Let's call it dietary relativism.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
JuanDeDios:

I take it you don't consider eating the corpse of a dead animal abominable. Well, some people do. Same way you view some dietary inclinations of the Chinese. Let's call it dietary relativism.
It is, actually. Even my religion forbids it.

Biko there is nothing sane about eating live tadpoles and squirming baby rats.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by JuanDeDios: 12:24pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ishilove:

It is, actually. Even my religion forbids it.

Biko there is nothing sane about eating live tadpoles and squirming baby rats.
Interesting. Can I ask what religion is this?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Ishilove: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Interesting. Can I ask what religion is this?
Leviticus 22 vs 8- Whatever dies naturally or is torn by beasts he shall not eat, to defile himself with it: I am the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Monday60655(m): 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
guiddoti:
How? with temperature measurement?

What you don't know is greater than you. Don't you know that there is an equipment for the diagnosis of the virus at the airport.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by WriterX(m): 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2020
Ladycewhy:
the worse part is that infected poeple will likely not visit hospitals when the symptoms starts to show,some will be drinking agbo,some will go to kpako chemist to cut cut drugs for them, some will go to churches and embark on fasting for healing.

Lord epp us embarassed

right now anything and evevrything coming out from those states are potential risk factors as we speak ,goods , currency hmmm thiz is seriouz
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case by Came4amod: 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2020
WriterX:

my fears exactly , the fact that he boarded a plane and their were passengers on it is a big problem , if we say there were 150 passengers and then multiply contacts this people made say 10 daily every 24hrs thats 1500 ,now 1500 * A week 7 is 10,500 we havent even calculated those who the contacts have also come in contact with wow this is serious man , lord i hope they take the same swift measures they did take with ebola .

Make God just help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rivers State Buried The 27 Dead Cows Imported Into The State From North / How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) / Dead Body In Yobe Transported With Wheelbarrow From Hospital To Deceased Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.