Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ (63200 Views)

Yekini Nabena: We Will Celebrate If Goodluck Jonathan Decides To Join Us / Yekini Nabena Calls For Saraki’s Expulsion From APC / Yekini Nabena: Saraki Betrayed APC, He's A Traitor & A Double Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Cyberterror: 10:47am On Mar 10, 2020
wingmanIII:

Well at least he did something reasonable with the tithes. Better than nabena's bosses who loot and waste our taxes and oil revenues.
As if Jonathan's government whom Oyedepo supported did not steal and waste our taxes and oil revenues.

1 Like

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Kasieze(m): 10:50am On Mar 10, 2020
But the simple truth is that this government has no plan for Nigeria.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by BluntBoy(m): 10:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Afromentalist:

Thats exactly why he is a Mentalist. How do you think the greatest kings of old got million of people to serve them willingly? From Genghis khan to Ivan the terrific? From Mose to David to Muhammad?

By convincing them you are the son / man of some God.

Oyedepo is a Brilliant Mentalist

The African Mentalist

You are right.

And it takes a lot of guts to lie to people.

I remembered during a service where I was a visiting evangelist, one of the other visiting ministers was trying to collect donations, and he began to use each of our names. For instance, he would say, "For pastor A, come out and show your appreciation to God in his life".

I couldn't easily have sat down there and let people be swindled out of their hard-earned money in my name. No, I couldn't. So, I went to the minister and whispered in his ears, "my spirit tells me that this is not right".

I mean this visitation was at a small parish in a village, and many in attendance were obviously poor. They had already collected two sets of offerings, as well as a thanksgiving offering. This is not to mention the offering for answered prayers.

Now, that I no longer pastor within organized religion, I always feel at peace. Whatever preaching I do on Nairaland, I do it free as freely as I was given. And it makes me happy that I am doing my own bit of sincerely propagating the gospel.

One needs to be heartless to become wealthy in pastoral ministry. And when those GOs tell you as a young pastor to remit this or that amount, they are indirectly forcing you to place a yoke on the church under your care.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by wingmanIII: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2020
Cyberterror:
As if Jonathan's government whom Oyedepo supported did not steal and waste our taxes and oil revenues.

My interest is not who Oyedepo supported or did not support.
I feel it is stupid for anybody to say he has contributed nothing to the country. The university alone is something quite huge.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Okoroawusa: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

APC WILL HAND POWER OVER TO MILITARY THAN HAND POWER BACK TO PDP

MARK MY WORD
WITH RED BIRO ABI BLACK BIRO?
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by desiredhome: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2020
Rennie303:

Is he the only person that has wished for the end of this tenure of government??
The government that has contributed to loss of lives.... Hardship and suffering of its citizens..... SMH... All those criticising this great man of God... I hope you can change your ways.... The money given to promote God's kingdom should now be used to do charity.. do you know that is a sin? Tithes and offerings are for kingdom advancement and not government work??
What has the president done with all his trillions??
You gat to free yourself from mental slavery/ brain surgery
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by BluntBoy(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2020
wingmanIII:

So for you the hundreds of graduates in various fields the university produce every year is no contribution to the country?
Please think before you engage your fingers to type.

So, producing hundreds of half-baked graduates is a notable contribution?

Mention one notable alumnus of Covenant University, and what contribution they have made in their fields?
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Samunique(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2020
limeta:

Hahaha laugh wan kill person
99.9 % of muslims do not know whats in their book.

They pray in Arabic and do not speak or understand Arabic
Abdul wake
Hahahahah grin

Chai u dey call ya brother slave
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by jaxxy(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

So it has gotten to the stage that Govt officials be stealing money and waiting for Nigerians to be fixing things

If pastors, imams, bishops ...starts doing the work of govt , what would be left for the govt to do ?, Would there be any need for govt ?, Is these spiritual leaders that would protect Nigerians from Boko Haram, herdsmen , bandits killing innocent Nigerians ...

Everyday, I am struggling sweating amidst all the wickeds odds of govt , then tomorow when I becomes Dangote and call the govt to order u will come for my head that what have I done for the people ??, What has the govt done for the people ??, Even if it's just security , pls give us and keep stealing we have no problem with that ...everyday Nigerians are dieing , because no elite or leader is involve , every party man in same party in power keeps their conscience blind...God have mercy.... By the time bokonharam , bandits , herdsmen state killing commission and Govs , we would see if govt will not spring to action...will pray for God protection before then...

Humanitarian work isn’t government work, Churches should do more, in social welfare, community and health amenities, even public skol education support, only few are trying.

Abroad sm Churches feed and clothe the homeless and less privileged on a weekly basis.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by wingmanIII: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2020
BluntBoy:

So, producing hundreds of half-baked graduates is a notable contribution?

Mention one notable alumnus of Covenant University, and what contribution they have made in their fields?

They may be half-baked but are certainly baked better than what 80% of your state and federal institutions produce. Not even sure you are 1/4 baked yourself grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by desiredhome: 11:04am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

Many of u are blind ....have u gone to Daura before ?, Mengwa ??, Chikanda ??... Not even a portable water .... What about Otuoke ??, No good road to the access it...and u are here blaming our leaders ??... Have u gone to Bishop Oyedepo' s village in Kwara ??... Have u gone to some villages in Anambra State ??, Go and see what churches , individuals and spiritual leaders are doing their communities...because they are not politicians they choose not to publicise it...but people like u want to cut their head publicly...

Please go find out why the reasons for these missionary schools... The idea is not to give FREE EDUCATION but TO ALLOW PEOPLE.LEARN AND STILL PRACTISE THEIR RELIGION FREELY WHICH THE PUBLIC varsity will not allow...despite that there are many memebers who are extremely poor on scholarships in these missionary schools..do u know what the Synagogue church of all nation is doing ?, Do u know the numbers of students on free education in convenant University ??... Don't accused men of God when u don't have full knowledge on things ...else people will also rubbish your good works
Stop living in illusion, you are part of people shouting hungry, insecurity, Nigerians are suffering, yet blind to the truth, we are all in Nigeria,
We don't talk what is not......
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Rennie303: 11:06am On Mar 10, 2020
desiredhome:

Yes, the Church is a charity not business, when they where building their Church school, they told their guelible members that it is the Church school, so many of them were disappointed when they couldn't send their children to those schools, then what is their benefit? Oh they ask you to go and pray � the more, school is not cheap.
If the people are educated/have jobs the security situation will improve but they rather invest in bricks rather than human.
Tithe for ......Why not build the ones you have already before taking it out to the outer world?
The government is to provide for the society, and the church is to contribute by supporting the government.
The stealing in this country is not just politicians but everyone that has the opportunity to steal, including the so call pastors.
Buhari is putting his best in a country like Nigeria with a very high sentiments, tribalism and religious mindset, that is why we all need to support not to destroy.

When did they ever ask their members to contribute money to build the school?
Were they ever forced to do so? The church doesn't have anything to do with government work.. If you want, you can use your money to contribute to the development of the community ....That's not the business of the church of God.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by BluntBoy(m): 11:11am On Mar 10, 2020
wingmanIII:

They may be half-baked [s]but are certainly baked better than what 80% of your state and federal institutions produce. Not even sure you are 1/4 baked yourself grin grin [/s]

At least, you agree that half-baked graduates cannot be regarded as a contribution to any serious country.

So, the question still stands: "What has Oyedepo contributed to this country?"
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Afamed: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

Buhari rigged the last election....
No sane person will endorse a lifeless dullard being pushed around by his Chief of staff....
A man with no single business to his name ...
Buhari is a punishment to the nation
And the god of Oyedipo could not stop the rigging?

I am not surprised sef, Oyedipo god could not stop stealing inside his own church

These sef appointed men of god has really done more harms than good to una
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Rennie303: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2020
Afromentalist:

I don't compare to Oyedepo. I admit the guy has more gut than me.

As a Mentalist I am a master strategician like him, but as a humanist I don't have the guts to deceive people (and perhaps myself) that I am some special man of God and eat away all their tithes to fund my luxury.

I bow for him, e get heart.

The African Mentalist

The man of God has never used offerings, tithes for his personal use.... There is what is called "Prophet's offering " which isn't compulsory for anyone... I love giving to my Man of God because whenever you sow into the life of God's servant.. There is always a reward... There's never a time.. I hve ever given to God's servant without seeing God's intervention and reward sometimes within the same week.... He has a two universities and you expect him to be poor and beggarly.... Wasn't Abraham rich? Job? Solomon? God never lets those who genuinely serve him to be poor...
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Samunique(m): 11:16am On Mar 10, 2020
Sirjamo:
It is not only Oyedepo, most Nigerian Christians had resolved since the beginning of 2020 to pray fervently for Buhari to die.

I heard a local pastor said it at my barber shop, he didn't know I was a Muslim.

Oyedepo just blew the lead on what was meant to be a secret adventure among the Nigerian Christians because of his wide and lousy mouth.

Unfortunately for them, they gather every Sunday to pray for his death, he gets stronger and healthier. Oyedepo and his fellow con men on the alter might even die before Buhari.

The CAN chairman of Taraba who first predicted the death of Buhari, where is he today? He perished in a car crash.

Oyedepo should thank his stars that Ganduje is not Buhari, he would turn that his church to Almajiri school!!!

Continue to wallow in self delusion, as if buhari was the first Muslim to rule this country.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by RapistOnBail: 11:18am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

For the past 7months , that the Oil price springs up above the our expectations , did u hear anything from the govt ?, Instead they increase stealing... See, even IF oil price is sold for 20 dollars , Nigerians will still not suffer but for thieves leaders who must always steal public fund...

Travel out and see how Nigerians are making it in various fields... didn't u see the envy by south africans because Nigeria are doing better ??..
I understand with you. But you made mention of IF which seems you not sure of that yet.

South Africans are jealous of the potentials of NIGERIA as a country, and not the POPULACE.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by desiredhome: 11:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Rennie303:

Were they ever forced to do so? The church doesn't have anything to do with government work.. If you want, you can use your money to contribute to the development of the community ....That's not the business of the church of God.
Don't be ignorant that is what they do, I have seen it and it's still going on till date.
Yes they are forced because the moment you are a worker in their church everything is compulsory.
One of the brainwashing techniques is that when you bring to them you will never be poor again.....
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Yebosola(m): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Antoeni:
Go And Document this...
Let APC Lose an Election Soon, Papa's Children Will Say it Was Because they Touched God's Anointed

Afoju nfona han afoju!!! These Churches should face their Nig Ltd biz for crying out loud,nobody deh envy them,they should stop dabbling into politics

1 Like

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:20am On Mar 10, 2020
Afamed:

And the god of Oyedipo could not stop the rigging?

I am not surprised sef, Oyedipo god could not stop stealing inside his own church

These sef appointed men of god has really done more harms than good to una

Let me see you support Amotekun in this forum.... You can't be supporting lifelessness and insecurity at the same time supporting the main reason for the insecurity...
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:22am On Mar 10, 2020
Yebosola:

Afoju nfona han afoju!!! These Churches should face their Nig Ltd biz for crying out loud,nobody deh envy them,they should stop dabbling into politics

Did he lie about the glaring insecurity?
Is he not a Nigerian? An elite?
Why are you people forming Amotekun? If all is well...

Yoruba Muslims should fear God
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Chukwurah003: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2020
valarmorghulis:

Is the university free?

Is Harvard free? Face reality.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by desiredhome: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2020
Rennie303:

Then you know nothing about the Church, you are just a sheeple that need to be librated from the pastorpreours

1 Like

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by adekolaelect(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

So it has gotten to the stage that Govt officials be stealing money and waiting for Nigerians to be fixing things

If pastors, imams, bishops ...starts doing the work of govt , what would be left for the govt to do ?, Would there be any need for govt ?, Is these spiritual leaders that would protect Nigerians from Boko Haram, herdsmen , bandits killing innocent Nigerians ...

Everyday, I am struggling sweating amidst all the wickeds odds of govt , then tomorow when I becomes Dangote and call the govt to order u will come for my head that what have I done for the people ??, What has the govt done for the people ??, Even if it's just security , pls give us and keep stealing we have no problem with that ...everyday Nigerians are dieing , because no elite or leader is involve , every party man in same party in power keeps their conscience blind...God have mercy.... By the time bokonharam , bandits , herdsmen state killing commission and Govs , we would see if govt will not spring to action...will pray for God protection before then...
God bless you but a man of God should caution how and what they say to avoid this kind of Insult and the question remain what have all those some men of God did to eradicate poverty or for good governance than to collect tithes and keep criticizing .
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by ThatFairGuy: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2020
Who is Oyedepo? And how does that relates to sanusi's ordeal?
some Christians can mumu o cheesy cheesy lay generation curse? grin grin
LoveFayfay:
When Oyedepo drops a generational curse on him now, his children will be the ones to suffer the fate. Baba Sanusi as a case study.

Modified
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by moorevic(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2020
desiredhome:

Mosque and imam are not as greedy as your Church/pastorpreours.
oga answer the question.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by adekolaelect(m): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2020
Rennie303:

The man of God has never used offerings, tithes for his personal use.... There is what is called "Prophet's offering " which isn't compulsory for anyone... I love giving to my Man of God because whenever you sow into the life of God's servant.. There is always a reward... There's never a time.. I hve ever given to God's servant without seeing God's intervention and reward sometimes within the same week.... He has a two universities and you expect him to be poor and beggarly.... Wasn't Abraham rich? Job? Solomon? God never lets those who genuinely serve him to be poor...
no one can dispute your claims bcs it is yours .someone that has 2 universities got the money to build not from heaven !!!!!! The question still remained !!!!!! What has he done towards the development of Nigeria and Nigerians beside spiritual claims for him to be condemned a leader ?because he is among of those leaders .you don't need to be a politician before you be a good leader .TB Joshua is among of them and we see how he is doing without condemning any one .

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by SOFTENGR: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2020
LoveFayfay:
[s]When Oyedepo drops a generational curse on him now, his children will be the ones to suffer the fate. [/s]
Trash. Who is he to curse a fellow man like him?
While he has the right to criticize Buhari and his Government, and it'sthe normal thing in a democracy, Oyedepo or any other clergy man don't possess the power to curse anybody.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by desiredhome: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2020
moorevic:

oga answer the question.
How many mosque/imam do you see opening mosque in every streets all because of money?

1 Like

Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by Afromentalist: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2020
Rennie303:
The man of God has never used offerings, tithes for his personal use....
Of course he does not use your tithe for his own use. The money is too small, It is only for his oloshos.

Are You there when the money is shared? Oh you trust what he tells you.
Re: Yekini Nabena Slams Bishop David Oyedepo: ‘You Need To Examine Your Head’ by SOFTENGR: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Who is Oyedepo? And how does that relates to sanusi's ordeal?
Christians can mumu o cheesy cheesy lay generation curse? grin grin
Most Christians don't believe in that trash called curse. So don't generalize

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Wike To Back Tinubu For 2023 Presidency After Loss At PDP Primaries / How Kidnappers Gained Entry To College Of Forestry Kaduna (Photo) / Fayose To Fix Federal Government Road In Ekiti State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.