Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate (31675 Views)

Alleged Terrorism: Our Hands Tied On Pantami, Says Senate / Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President / Jones Abiri Released After Two Years, Should He Sue The Government? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by fk002: 7:23am On Mar 12, 2020
GermanMelania:
Lol. Such b.s see plan to take other people's land and enslave them. The north with thier population. Ndi igbos claiming lagos. Voting will become insane. How many southern people move up north where it is a more restrictive culture? I hope this bill dies or we are screwed. The kind war wey go break out ehn. Plus they will make this retroactive. And what will happen in 20 years when all those almajiris grow up?. This is bad policy. Say no to birthright citizenship.

Do you know how many igbos are in North?

2 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by fjjc(m): 7:25am On Mar 12, 2020
bigiyaro:
this clueless old recycled thugs have come again, all these coded land grabbing tactics is just a recipe for chaos, let me see the day an Igbo man will claim indigenous right in kano if almajiries no go finish them dat day. meanwhile Fulani's and hausas from Mali n Senegal can be claiming lands in the south without fear or harassment being backed by FG and Fulani militia while taking advantage of the peace loving nature of the southerners.
Nan true my brother
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by SoNature(m): 7:27am On Mar 12, 2020
wowcatty:
Stop looking up to white man for everything, we are tribal people with different cultures, if you are not ooking to steal from others, Ghana has a perfect system we should look into.

We are native/ndigenous people, Americans are not.

America has true federating units and every state is like an autonomous region.

America speaks only one language but Nigeria speaks about 100.

We are better off with Ghana style of govt that works well for them as black and native people, same as we had till 1965 or so.

First of all, Nigeria copied this federal system from America and bastardized it. Not from Ghana.

Secondly, America doesn't speak one language. Keep that in mind.

Thirdly, if we cannot live as a people we have no business being a country. In other words, we are not ready to make progress. So, let's split the shithole. It's as easy as ABC.

We cannot be in one country and still cannot trust one another. If we do that, then the essence of one nation is defeated.

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
wowcatty:
Exactly!

I have never seen a self-hating selfish people like Yoruba in my life, even in the face of danger. The children they bring to the world are nothing to them. Yoruba elders no longer care about the concept of "jeun omo" cos they have sold out the future of their children. You can't leave overseas and go and build your 3 br barndominium in a nice forest and stay close to nature because of foreigners living in Yorubaland who will not only robb you but kill your entire family too. Yoruba living standards have been badly affected by the immigrants who contribute nothing to our land but sniff life out of it. At this point, Yorubaland is putting itself in a tighter corner it won't be able to get out of. I'm just one person and I'm even tired of talking about this, I know Yoruba goose is already cooked and it will take some divine intervention to get out of the hole Yoruba are digging themselves in.
[/s]

Will you just keep quiet there.

I'm sure you're going to come and claim Yoruba now.

Se gbogbo aso no an sa ninu oorun ni?

All these your rants and curses are futile.

If you wish Yorubaland evil, I pray it goes back to you.

If the region has challenges, does that warrant all these nonsense you are saying?

So agbeje mowo abeg.

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by ddeola: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2020
Lazy goats and thieves.how does being resident make you an indigene?

Nigerians will SOON storm the national assembly to attack these lawmakers one day. Quote me.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by CSTR2: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2020
2mch:

The target is Yorubaland. Everywhere is a failure filled with unevolved apes. Who think running to and claiming Yorubaland will suddenly make them rich. Instead they will spread their virus of failure and start crying poverty and hunger in a few years. Without realizing that a monkey cannot suddenly become a human being because he changed location. They should forget this bill or divide the country in they cannot respect ancestral territories. Even western countries respect that.
I hope you know there is no difference between osun or ekiti with zamfara and there is nothing there that can attract the kind of immigration you are talking about ?

I hope you know that Lagos is not a typical Yoruba state since that is what you are concerned about.

I hope you also know the oil rich states of Niger delta are filled with Yoruba immigrants who would rather die there than go home?
Be careful what you wish for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by CSTR2: 7:32am On Mar 12, 2020
I went to my village in delta, and I couldn't recognise it again.

Yoruba, igbo and Hausa immigrants everywhere buying land up and down.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by 6digitscomrade: 7:33am On Mar 12, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's only a criminal that will like the bill. Your aim is to steal other people's land and heritage. Nigerians will finally get sense soon
stop all these nonsense stakes and claims please d world is nobody’s ok? U will discriminate ur compatriots and be enraged if u travel out to experience the same? U will even engage in dubious acts to get their citizenship within 10yrs and chase equal rights and benefits yet in ur bedroom u profile ur own next door state..

Think differently please it’s 21st century!
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Valkrie: 7:33am On Mar 12, 2020
mitchmang:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/resident-of-a-state-for-10-years-should-become-indigene-senate/amp/

Another fulani bill championed by one of their southern slaves...
The southerners are the problem of themselves....and other minority groups in this gum gum country..!!

This bill is all about finding a home for the marauding fulanis since RUGA failed...!!

With all the education of the south they still don't look past their pocket and self especially the south south people and the leaders of the south eastern people...!!

This bill is another recipe for disaster...!!
Trouble would start when some dirty stinking fulani begin to pour into Local gov't headquarters demanding for state of origin certificates...

The most intriguing part is how do you even know that the person especially the fulanis have lived in the area for more than 10 years and not just coming from Mali the previous day...?

Nigeria go soon hear am...!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Mrfeel: 7:34am On Mar 12, 2020
I thought you Yoruba's are proud to call yourselves accommodators ? You say we Igbo's hate other tribes and don't accommodate outsiders

wowcatty:
Exactly!

I have never seen a self-hating selfish people like Yoruba in my life, even in the face of danger. The children they bring to the world are nothing to them. Yoruba elders no longer care about the concept of "jeun omo" cos they have sold out the future of their children. You can't leave overseas and go and build your 3 br barndominium in a nice forest and stay close to nature because of foreigners living in Yorubaland who will not only robb you but kill your entire family too. Yoruba living standards have been badly affected by the immigrants who contribute nothing to our land but sniff life out of it. At this point, Yorubaland is putting itself in a tighter corner it won't be able to get out of. I'm just one person and I'm even tired of talking about this, I know Yoruba goose is already cooked and it will take some divine intervention to get out of the hole Yoruba are digging themselves in.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Germi9: 7:34am On Mar 12, 2020
Niggmatic:
Good. Hahaha..
I know some people that will not like this grin
I dont like this!!! Fulanis are using all methods to penetrate our lands..
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by NairaMaster1(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2020
Niggmatic:
Good. Hahaha..
I know some people that will not like this grin

The people you are thinking will automatically be the beneficiaries because they are business men and pay tax as such. As for the people you are celebrating, they don't pay tax, so, the constitution might be harsh to them.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by CSTR2: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2020
wowcatty:
Exactly!

The last time I checked osun, ondo and ekiti have 99% Yoruba population.

I wouldn't necessarily call their way of life a proper living standard.

Stop talking nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by 4dpo(m): 7:38am On Mar 12, 2020
This is a welcome idea because some people have never been to the state they claim as their state of origin.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Jurncj(m): 7:40am On Mar 12, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

It's only a criminal that will like the bill. Your aim is to steal other people's land and heritage. Nigerians will finally get sense soon
But you run to the US to give birth so your kids will get citizenship...until we ignore tribalism we will go no where

Go move
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Mrfeel: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2020
Basher8583:

Hmm this table Senate is rocking hen. They will soon make Igbo extinct as all of them go they bear Yoruba and Hausa indigenship.
But on the flip side Hausa and yorubas in the east would prefer to remain with status quo

Which Yoruba and Hausa indigenship ? Just say we Igbo's will legally take over your lands without disturbance , on the other hand Igbo's don't sell lands to outsiders so even if you live in Igbo land for 20yrs na inside rent , no Igbo man go sell you land
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Cyberterror: 7:41am On Mar 12, 2020
JJBROS:
Fulani sporsoned bill. It will not work
What about the millions of Igbos who were born and brought up in Lagos and prefer Lagos to be their ancestral home?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Ayo8(m): 7:44am On Mar 12, 2020
Kingspin:
Society is about law and order.

There are country foreigners made up 95percent of their population yet they are more comfortable and developed than Nigeria. I am talking about UAE, Dubai.

Nigeria is a whole failure that is the problem.

Did UAE Dubai grant citizenship to the 95% foreigners..?? They dare not...
When you give someone a sense of belonging, they come back to take everything
The reason why they are still docile is because we make them understand that they are strangers in our region.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Ushiesunday(m): 7:45am On Mar 12, 2020
This is fine if and only if Hausa Fulani will be excluded.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by baysol: 7:46am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 12, 2020
Kingspin:
You, Nigerians go to the UK, US and steal theirs abi fight for your rights in court and protest over there. This is another man's land that is ok abi?

Myself am not even outside my region but I support the bill.

Give some people who have stay in a particular area for long "some" rights.

But i doubt if the bill will see the light of the day going by the nothing work syndrome in Nigeria.

is not about rights it's about the existence of some people (you have to be alive to have rights).

This is upgraded ruga that was already rejected, there is a reason we are all complaining we cant be one Nigeria.

This is even worse cos a fulanis jihadist that spends 10 years in your land wants it to himself. And since they can't understand your heritage or language the easiest is to replace it with theirs.

They install their emir, have their mosques, have the numbers, outbreed you, are backed by law then go on a killing submission spree

Btw even in UAE where there is law they don't grant you citizenship even though you spend 50years

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Kingspin(m): 7:50am On Mar 12, 2020
Ayo8:

Did UAE and Dubai grant citizenship to 95% foreigners..?? They dare not...
When you give someone a sense of belonging, they come back to take everything
The reason why they are still docile is that we make them understand that they are strangers in our region.
That is not my point rather how Dubai could manage such strangers to achieving the level of development in that country. These are foreigners 95 of them well organised under favourable laws and orders backed by Dubai leaders. otherwise, nobody will enter Dubai.

My early clarification is Dubai is one country made up of 95 per cent outsiders yet nobody claims those foreigners are taken up their land and all that.

What Dubai cares about is development and jobs. The law is there.

The failure of Nigeria state seems to be affecting everybody anyway.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Cyberterror: 7:50am On Mar 12, 2020
Ushiesunday:
This is fine if and only if Hausa Fulani will be excluded.
Dreamer. This bill was first mooted by Igbos. Just as Igbos in Lagos will become indigenes of Lagos, fulanis in Enugu and Anambra will also become indigenes there.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by bakescos01: 7:51am On Mar 12, 2020
2mch:

The target is Yorubaland. Everywhere is a failure filled with unevolved apes. Who think running to and claiming Yorubaland will suddenly make them rich. Instead they will spread their virus of failure and start crying poverty and hunger in a few years. Without realizing that a monkey cannot suddenly become a human being because he changed location. They should forget this bill or divide the country in they cannot respect ancestral territories. Even western countries respect that.

Last last the country will be divided. Am sure this can’t hold. We should be making love to divide this country already . Other government are investing into the betterment of their states and the North isn’t doing much about that. So, all the jobless and homeless will move to SW and claim SWesternern in 10years. Lol. This guys are just full of shit. Oduduwa Nation loading. I know the white guys never meant well for us. The Nigeria country is suppose to divide already. The marriage isn’t working. You must not die in a marriage that is not working and people keep dying .
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Ayo8(m): 7:52am On Mar 12, 2020
SoNature:

First of all, Nigeria copied this federal system from America and bastardized it. Not from Ghana.

Secondly, America doesn't speak one language. Keep that in mind.

Thirdly, if we cannot live as a people we have no business being a country. In other words, we are not ready to make progress. So, let's split the shithole. It's as easy as ABC.

We cannot be in one country and still cannot trust one another. If we do that, then the essence of one nation is defeated.

Gbam!
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by 9japride(m): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Jurncj:

But you run to the US to give birth so your kids will get citizenship...until we ignore tribalism we will go no where

Go move
[color=#006600][/color]

We run to a good environment. First start by making political elections free, fair and safe. Imagine someone who has destroyed his community with acts of terrorism, cultism, kidnapping, ritual killings and other vices will want to claim indegene of a peaceful state, so that tomorrow he/she will bring in their barbaric behaviors into their new states. For now, we are not matured

3 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by baysol: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2020
Cyberterror:
What about the millions of Igbos who were born and brought up in Lagos and prefer Lagos to be their ancestral home?
....they are long throat Omoale's that can never be Yoruba people. They are the Evans of this world who work against Yoruba common wealth, vision and people at any unprovoked opportunity. Talk about civil war bitterness which is ongoing. Sorry, we don't need Igbos nor Hausas in our land or in our lives. 'Omoluabism' is not only about Yoruba language (anyone can learn that beautiful language even foreigners), not in wannabe, not in wearing agbada and Aso ofi........but omoluabism is in the gene which no one can teach or give, except from special gift from God the Almighty One. Kiss the truth and free yourself from mental slavery. Yoruba's time has come and no one can stop the train of progression to the new Odua Republic.

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by 9japride(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2020
6digitscomrade:
stop all these nonsense stakes and claims please d world is nobody’s ok? U will discriminate ur compatriots and be enraged if u travel out to experience the same? U will even engage in dubious acts to get their citizenship within 10yrs and chase equal rights and benefits yet in ur bedroom u profile ur own next door state..

Think differently please it’s 21st century!
[color=#006600][/color]

Has the government and the people of Nigeria thought differently? Don't let being politically correct mess up your thinking. 21th century in Nigeria, where elections is war, where people kill innocent people for no reason, where nepotism and bigotry reigns supreme. Please wake up we are not yet civilized for that

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Kingspin(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2020
Mikehot:
is not about rights it's about the existence of some people (you have to be alive to have rights).

This is upgraded ruga that was already rejected, there is a reason we are all complaining we cant be one Nigeria.

This is even worse cos a fulanis jihadist that spends 10 years in your land wants it to himself. And since they can't understand your heritage or language the easiest is to replace it with theirs.

They install their emir, have their mosques, have the numbers, outbreed you, are backed by law then go on a killing submission spree
All that which you said is because Nigeria is a country without law and order
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by bakescos01: 8:05am On Mar 12, 2020
KristenT:
People who are criticizing this Amendment, are either myopic or have allowed their tribal and land-claim bias to becloud their reasoning.

You will go to America and other places, become citizen and contest elections and you will praise their society as forward thinking, mature and developed and you have the direct opposite in Nigeria and you don't think there is a problem.

You must have condemned that Cross-river state imbroglio. And you think it is not time Nigeria do away with this obnoxious policy and rule of indegenship, then you have a greater problem than I imagined.

Please read and understand before you criticized.
This Law is not saying that you are releasing your lands to a group, it only says anyone who have spent a number of years in a place be given similar opportunities as you.

Unlike ruga, it is not giving your lands to Fulani or anyone. If they need it, they have to buy it, and you can subject it to several location as you want.

When last I checked, Lagos has not deported people from Kebbi or other Nigerian state before(let us not go into the Anambra issue now) on the basis that they are not indegens of Lagos. Thus law is only saying they should not stop them by way of policy from benefiting in things you as an indegen should ordinarily benefit from.
Moreover, this amendment is successfully carried out will apply to the whole of Nigeria without reservations so why the complaint?

Firstly, when we compare our country to the USA we make a very big mistake. Nigeria is Nigeria , Nigeria is Africa and we all have our own cultures. The USA don’t have there own personal culture. The USA don’t have traditional leaders also. So the USA is entire different from us being African .

Imagine some states in Nigeria keep telling there poor citizen to continue giving birth because of numbers but have limited resources to take care of them. That means they will migrate elsewhere to affect other economy of other states. Imagine uneducated people that can kill for anything because they have been brainwashed by there leaders. Uneducated state is a less productive state and that can affect any countries economy.

Nigeria was put together by the Western world and the last time I check the western world never meant well for Africans, they did most of what they did in there own selfish interest. We are being put under the roof of Nigeria to benefit the UK, it’s about time we break up and grow individually. We have been together for almost 60years and no really positive impacts to point about. We still depend on our oil for all this years. It’s sad.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Ayo8(m): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2020
Kingspin:
That is not my point rather how Dubai could manage such strangers to achieving the level of development in that country. These are foreigners 95 of them well organised under favourable laws and orders backed by Dubai leaders. otherwise, nobody will enter Dubai.

My early clarification is Dubai is one country made up of 95 per cent outsiders yet nobody claims those foreigners are taken up their land and all that.

What Dubai cares about is development and jobs. The law is there.

The failure of Nigeria state seems to be affecting everybody anyway.

I get your point...but in this case, the bill if passed into law will make them indigenes.
They will have equal rights
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by DexterousOne(m): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2020
tobstarizhia:
Everyone is talking trash now. but once the bill has been passed into law, everyone will move on. same way lagosians have moved on following the okada ban.
I personally support this bill. Though I don't agree with some of the Fulani's living with us in our cities. But unless they change their names and totally get rid of their accent, you'll still be able to tell an Hausa from an Igbo from a Yoruba. still I support it, because that's what led to integration in America. many people came from different parts and mingled freely.
If they are indigenes then they must follow the laws of the state they reside in. I also encourage all regions to have their own task force like Amotekun.
This is good for the unity of Nigeria, but bad for the tribal bigots. and we know they are plenty in Nairaland.
What's the difference even. Most of these people have been living in "your lands" since time immemorial. How long does it take for you to be an indegene in The US or Canada.
don't be selfish.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari's Running Mate, Prof Osinbajo Graduated in 1978 At The Age Of 19? / Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / Dino Melaye: 'APC Scatter Scatter, Everything Jaga Jaga, Put Broom In The Air'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.