Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us (91281 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Love Me / My Husband doesn’t give me sexual satisfaction because he uses condom / My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by smokeyupu(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2020
Shifi1:
take him to his father na
WORD!!!
IT'S AS SIMPLE AS A B C.......
He should go to his dad or your parents home

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Jman06(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U go wake tire ooooo....unless u go to the village and marry an illiterate... in the city?? People only get virgins by luck, especially when I want a mature girl...it’s that bad.....why do U think guys settle for less... nobody wants a lady several men has slept with... but 99out of every 100 has a body count of at least 3...with cascades of abortion as collateral damage

Even if it means going to the village and marrying an illiterate, I don't mind.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by LadySarah: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2020
Anextin:

Madam, you are the failure here not ur in-law. How can u be alive and well and let ur blood live with someone else. How can u claim to foot 70% of the bill yet ur own blood is starving. Yes, you need happiness and love in your life so I can't be against you for seeking for it. But u should be ashamed that your child is suffering when u are alive and happy. You can't choose anyone above your child.
And don't blame that man, he can't be forced to accept duties of an another man. Blame yourself for all the failures ur son is going through.
Now go and get your son, apologise to him for failing as a mother. Don't u dare bounce him off on another person not even his biological dad, that boy needs his mom. As for ur husband, u have to chose, I pray u make the right decision

Thank you dear.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 13, 2020
Vyvyanvyvy:

He will be 12 years in August , my daughter is 6 years, I have one daughter for my husband she is 2 years and I’m pregnant with another one. Their father is not in Nigeria and I don’t have his contact or his siblings. Yes I have a grocery shop I foot 70% bills in my house

The only to solve it is to forcefully bring him home.... ur husband can’t do anything....

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Vyvyanvyvy: 11:37am On Mar 13, 2020
LadySarah:

So she should leave her child in danger because of marriage? You are still a child. The children is for both of us so what's the fuss.
Go and ask ur mother who comes first in her life.
The love for a husband is diff from that of children.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Psoul(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2020
Oyindidi:
Na yeye dey worry am, she tell am before marriage, him no back out

Yes she told him and he accepted. That was when he had not heard about the negative thing about the boy.
Stop making it seem as if the man is just heartless.
You will still do the same if u are in the man's shoes.

If u used to have a very close friend that was very nice to u when u were in school, let's say a roommate.
Then you guys left school and u have moved to another city. You start to hear that your former roommate has joined bad gang and she was even arrested and beaten publicly.
If she calls you one day that she is within the same town you are and wants to squat with you for few weeks.
Onyindidi, what will be ur reaction?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by LyfeJennings(m): 11:38am On Mar 13, 2020
Vyvyanvyvy:

I foot 70% of the bills , I pay my daughter school fee including my first child with my husband I pay half of her school fee ,all my son need is a place to stay, my husband won’t be the one paying his school fee

O Ku oro Omo
Wa ku jere e
Pelu ogo Olohun
Wa jere
I have no advise for U
May God be Ur guide

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Vyvyanvyvy: 11:38am On Mar 13, 2020
1StopRudeness:

The only to solve it is to forcefully bring him home.... ur husband can’t do anything....
Yes I will bring him on Sunday and let him
Do his worst. I cannot allow my son to suffer whyle I’m still alive and healthy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Bbbwings: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2020
taurusmena1:
Madam, you are in a very dicey situation and u need to apply wisdom, tolerance, patience and diplomacy.

1) Hiw did u come about your calculation of 70%? This is totally wrong as it puts you in a position of who has more rights in the house. Kindly relegate that thought as it will only complicate things

2) Your son is young and can still change for the better but u do not need to justify his actions like saying he's being starved which is why he is stealing.

3) Nigerian men are scared of taking in Male children from other marriages as it causes a whole lot in the family which I cannot explain now

4) Not talking to your husband will only make matters worse. Show him love and understanding.

5) If he eventually agrees to have your son in the house against his wish, he may end up not showing him the much needed love and will make your son despise him which will put u in a tight corner.

6) I will suggest you enrol your son in a boarding school so he can visit during holidays. That will be a win win situation for everyone at the moment.

Lastly do not listen to all those saying they cant tolerate such nonsense cos most of them want what you already have.
I'm picturing the lady with glasses on punching away on a scientific calculator every night
How did she arrive at 70%

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by 1koboko: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2020
Why don't you pick your children and leave? The welfare of your children especially if they are minors is more important than the freaking marriage.
Vyvyanvyvy:
I had 2 children. When I got married, my husband had none and accepted them like his own children.

Before marriage, we had discussed about the children living with us after marriage but that couldn’t be possible anymore because we were having financial problem so we couldn’t afford to move to a bigger apartment. We were staying in a room self contain with my daughter while my son was staying with my elder brother and his wife.

Now three years after we had moved to a bigger house still my husband doesn’t want my son to come and live with us. At the moment my son is going through hard times. My sister in law has been maltreating him to an extent that he has been stealing, he was caught and beaten like an animal. My brother said he doesn’t want him in his house again. He wants me to come and collect him.

I pleaded with my husband for me to bring him with us but he said no, he should stay there because he doesn't want him to damage our children. I’m angry at him I stopped talking to him and I don’t know where my son will go because I have no mother no father it’s only my elder brother and kid sister even my sister who is married doesn’t want him. I’m pained and in tears seeing my only son suffering while I’m still alive and I’m helpless to protect him.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Thetechhub(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2020
You all supporting the woman are just being biased and making senseless comments. We have not heard the man's part of the story. The woman was not married before, if she did she would know the relatives of the man who has traveled abroad. Another thing is, the man accepted to marry her with the kids but now he doesn't want the boy but the girl is with him. And the OP brother and sister doesn't want the boy. The man might have found out something and maybe that's he's reason for not taking in the boy. Something is definitely fishy somewhere. You can't force the man to allow the boy come stay.
Remember we are Africans. The man probably is trying to avoid something. The op knows better

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by okeogbuagu: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2020
Take him to a boarding school. Pray to God that your husband see reasons with you, because you're in a very tight conner here. Don't give up on him show him motherly love. You have your fault though how earth don't have anybody to call your relative aside your brother.
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Damicares1(f): 11:40am On Mar 13, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U go wake tire ooooo....unless u go to the village and marry an illiterate... in the city?? People only get virgins by luck, especially when I want a mature girl...it’s that bad.....why do U think guys settle for less... nobody wants a lady several men has slept with... but 99out of every 100 has a body count of at least 3...with cascades of abortion as collateral damage

nawa!
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Damicares1(f): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by franconian: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Pemivy01:
Dear OP I am also a mother like you and I can tell you with all sincerity that your son is your responsibility and therefore must stay with you.
These children have been given to you by God to nurture and train in the right direction, if you fail in your duty as a parent God will judge you, But if you train them in the right way God will bless you.
And please I beg you don't put the boy in a boarding school, most of the problems we have with the youths today started from some of these boarding schools.
Take your son with you, he is your own and that is the most important thing.

No, her son is the responsibility of both parents. She should channel some of her energy into getting in touch with the father, she had her first two kids for the same man 6 years apart, it can’t be true that she does not know his people.
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by condralbedez: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Davash222:

I do this, I do that... abeg make we hear word.
Take the boy to his dad!
well said...or better still get accommodation for the boy,and keep footing the bills

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Kobicove(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Blixon:

Apart from what you put in CAPS, I think the husband is just scared for his 2 year old daughter and unborn baby. Most men I know don't marry single mothers who have boys. Girls can be managed as they marry off to another family at some point. A problem boy is a huge problem on any family for life. There are severe consequences later on of keeping them at home especially if you later have your own kids as a man, the man won't be home 24/7 to monitor how the boy gets on with his kids, there are issues of older male kids especially compromised ones like ops son, sexually molesting their younger half sisters even half brothers, also teaching the young boys to become thieves or wayward is a potential risk. Not to mention the potential for the boy to grow up and start competing for his step dad's property with his biological kids, or even his real father showing up later on if the boy grows to be successful and the step dad loses everything.

The issues are too many to deal with.

You have made very valid points unlike these other people who are just skirting around the real issue and trying to be politically correct!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Kdon2: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Davash222:
Your siblings that are your relatives doesn't want the boy but you want your husband that is not your relative to accept the boy
You should learn to attend to your responsibilities and mistakes. Don't drag your mistakes to that innocent man. He has done more than enough for you.

Marrying a Nigerian girl with two children(not even one) is not what every man can do. That man deserves peace and respect from you.

You are so wrong here by, her husband is her relative now they bear life responsibilities together.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by ronaldbecky(m): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2020
nnamdibig:
Alot of people are just quick to blame the man.
If the man accepts the boy and many years to come the useless guy comes back to take his biological son, lots of you here will still yab the man why him no born him own son.
It's already a complicated issue and should be handled carefully.
Madam OP born 2 pikin with a guy she can't have access to his relatives and you are blaming a man that is probably scared of allowing a 12yr old boy(who is stealing) to come be bad influence to his daughter? That stealing alone might be the reason the man changed his mind.

OP forget all these divorce them they tell you here and speak to your husband. While doing that, you must locate your babypapa relatives so they come take care of their own. no be when the boy grow finish now them go come claim am.

Find out why your man changed his mind about accepting your son(that did not just happen, something caused it).
This is not a we and them fight, it's your reality handle it carefully.

Again reduce the way you born pikin until you are stable. 4 children is enough for now.

Non of the people telling you to divorce your husband can handle a house help that is stealing(they normally send them to their parents.... including relatives that are stealing)
i was reading this as a guest,bcus of this i have to login and quote u,which i normally dont do..u r very stupid and most foolish person to ever come across...u r an ass hole..idiot

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by peggywebbs(f): 11:42am On Mar 13, 2020
How old is your son? Is he in secondary school. I don't know what church you attend but I will suggest you take him to live with a priest or a pastor.

From all you have said, he needs an attitude adjustment and has not been in a friendly environment to shapen him. I guess that's why no one wants him around. If he's particularly a teenager, it's not only the burden of a place to sleep you will be imposing on him but that person would also need to be a parent. If he can't stay in your home, your best bet would be in a church home , you will still cater for his needs but it would be a more strict environment.

I'm Catholic and I know if he were living with priest, he'd learn to be disciplined.

Vyvyanvyvy:
I had 2 children. When I got married, my husband had none and accepted them like his own children.

Before marriage, we had discussed about the children living with us after marriage but that couldn’t be possible anymore because we were having financial problem so we couldn’t afford to move to a bigger apartment. We were staying in a room self contain with my daughter while my son was staying with my elder brother and his wife.

Now three years after we had moved to a bigger house still my husband doesn’t want my son to come and live with us. At the moment my son is going through hard times. My sister in law has been maltreating him to an extent that he has been stealing, he was caught and beaten like an animal. My brother said he doesn’t want him in his house again. He wants me to come and collect him.

I pleaded with my husband for me to bring him with us but he said no, he should stay there because he doesn't want him to damage our children. I’m angry at him I stopped talking to him and I don’t know where my son will go because I have no mother no father it’s only my elder brother and kid sister even my sister who is married doesn’t want him. I’m pained and in tears seeing my only son suffering while I’m still alive and I’m helpless to protect him.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by alizma: 11:44am On Mar 13, 2020
janvier27:
Your son is not a thief. He's a small child who found himself in an unfortunate situation, and he'll surely get over it. He needs love and attention. It's difficult not to place blames. I think you should have allowed those kids to get older before marriage. Your elder brother has failed you. So also your husband. Keep appealing to your husband or take a break off to live with your kids and show them love so that they can grow properly. Marriage is not all about keeping a woman at home and raising biological children from her.
The husband hasn't failed him. He is just doing the same thing the woman is doing, that is protecting his children. I once date a single mother, I loved her daughter and wanted to see her as mine but along the line I noticed she(the child) was stubborn and I had to retract my steps.
These are my reasons for that
1) there is an extent to which you can scold another mans child in a bid to correct him or her
2) their is no 100% guarantee that she will change as the mother wanted me to believe.
3) in the event that she doesn't change, there is no 100% assurance that she will not influenced my children
4) in the event that she has negative influence on my children, I can't leave with the guilt that I had opportunity to better my children's life but ignored it for selfish reasons

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Damicares1(f): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2020
alizma:

Rather than being angry with him, you should have channel that energy towards doing everything possible to make him see reason with you e.g, crying, begging him at night, making concrete promise that you will ensure your son don't pass negative trait on your children, pretending not to have eaten the whole day because the issue of your child suffering outside gives you concern. With all this in place, he might reason with you if he truly love you but now you chose the wrong way.
Why do why thing you should have adopt those steps? Because the way you love you son and doing everything to protect him, that is the same way he loves his children too and is fighting to ensure they are save from negative trait and no good father will do that base on assumption or gamble his responsibility to ensure his children safety. So I will advise you go back and talk to him. If need be, call someone you know he will likely listen to in a situation like this to help you talk to him. Success
you are right
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Olatara(f): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2020
innobarca:
You had kids with a man and his friends and family does not know?you also do not want to find his relatives?
In Nigeria? I do not want to believe that.

Some women be forming smartness but when it is time to be smart, they will fail woefully.

Single mothers that are capable of taking care of their kids do not send them to live with relatives... From what I have seen around.

You foot 70% of the bills but you can't send your child to a good boarding school? Or you are just talking bla bla bla.

Finally.... Nobody failed you, take full responsibility of your mistakes.
Your relatives has tried for you in taking care of your child, its difficult to handle a stubborn child, very difficult.

The child has a father, the father has relatives.

I pay this, I pay that..... You don't need to say all that.

Who knows maybe you will also leave your current husband soon, Later move to the 3rd man.
How much is Model college boarding school? that she cannot afford? That boy needs a parent in his life, she should bring him close afterward send him to boarding school to avoid issues.
Op plead with your husband, tell him it is just for the main time like a year, then look for a good boarding school and enrol him there till you can solve the mess you are in.
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by bekpo(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2020
Madam, u don't need to blame any of ur relatives for ur mistake. They should take k of ur son because u r dearth? Or u traveled to where? When r u returning from ur travel so that u will retrieve ur son from ur brother?

Madam, no need to keep grudges or malice with ur husband. U r a woman, cry to him and appeal to his sense of magnanimity. Allow him see reasons with u because if that boy isn't shown love at this time, u will b his first victim.

U fail ur son and u fail as a wife to get ur husband consent to get ur son. Play ur role as a mother, be humble, don't b antagonistic with ur husband because u provide 70% for d upkeep of d family. Give him d respect.

If u can't get ur hubby to accept ur son, then u r a mistake of a woman and if u can't get ur son to stay with u, u have fail as a mother.

If ur have tried ur best, ur hubby still remain adamant, then u have no other option than to divorce him.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Psoul(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2020
Vyvyanvyvy:

Thanks for nice advice. You are right my son has become a thief due to the way my sister in law has being treating him , depriving him from food and many bad things the boy had no other choice than to steel. Since I’m alive I want him to be with me and I will take good care of him

Madam, you are very correct. The boy's new behaviour might have bn induced to him through bad treatment from ur sister inlaw.
You should also not see ur husband as bn a bad man. It's a difficult situation for him.
You don't need to be angry with him to the extent of refusing to talk to/with him.
That will be the worst you would want to do now.
All you need to do is convince him that the boy had bn a good boy and may have bn pushed into that dirty act.
Make him to see that you just want to salvage ur boy from that act and that it may even affect the family if that boy is left unattended.
Tell him that hands will be pointing at you if the boy keep going with that character and once fingers are pointing at you, it is indirectly pointing at the whole family.

Go back and have a good talk with your husband. Don't even mention who pays what in the house.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Vyvyanvyvy: 11:45am On Mar 13, 2020
franconian:

No, her son is the responsibility of both parents. She should channel some of her energy into getting in touch with the father, she had her first two kids for the same man 6 years apart, it can’t be true that she does not know his people.

I know his people and family house because I stayed with them when he left for Italy. I left the house when my daughter was 2 weeks because of the maltreatment I had received from his mother and sisters. I don’t know where you guys are getting all these informations about not knowing my children father house or people?

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Saintmary(f): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2020
Ikem11:

Don't try this advice cos you end up divorced having 4 kids to raise alone.

Maybe jump to another man and find your self in bigger mess than u are now.

Just keep begging your husband and try tune him into accepting the baby staying with you people rather than disobeying him.

While doing so, try getting in contact with his father cos this your story of not knowing his people or having contacts with him is a total lie.

Go back from the rot where he used to stay, his friends... U can't tell me u stayed with a man n had 2kids with him yet don't know how to get in contact with him
She's already alone

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by naijaoloshoo(f): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2020
undecided
Psoul:

Yes she told him and he accepted. That was when he had not heard about the negative thing about the boy.
Stop making it seem as if the man is just heartless.
You will still do the same if u are in the man's shoes.

If u used to have a very close friend that was very nice to u when u were in school, let's say a roommate.
Then you guys left school and u have moved to another city. You start to hear that your former roommate has joined bad gang and she was even arrested and beaten publicly.
If she calls you one day that she is within the same town you are and wants to squat with you for few weeks.
Onyindidi, what will be ur reaction?
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Focusmind: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2020
I pity the poor woman. It seems you don't have love again for the man. You responded to all bad comments about the man, agreeing with all bad things people said about him to the extend you said you want to divorce him if it comes to that..

There is anger in your heart which quite understandable. There is a thin line between love and hate when it comes to a woman's feeling. Your husband's attitude towards your son is making you to resent him which is understandable.

please still plead with him. I feel the emotional trauma that boy is passing through. Children staying with relatives loose greater part of their childhood and do turn out bad.

Cry to your husband and beg him except he has a heart of stone. It is difficult for a man to accept another man's child. Just relates this to what lions does once they enter into a new pride, they first kill the cubs of the former lion king to put the female lions on heat so that he would father a new set of pride. Lions detest cubs of other lions so much.

I wish you all the best - You have a date with that boy on Sunday as you said. Don't fail him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by LadySarah: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2020
justnock:

Ma'am, kindly take him to his biological father's family or better still, involve your church elders... that's if you're a dedicated church member. The leaders in the church can adopt and take care of him.

You need to beat yourself by yourself!
Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by norame(f): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2020
Vyvyanvyvy:

1. Please pray to God and continue begging your husband to accept your son
2. That child is yours and it is your responsibility to take care of him
3. If anything should happen to him, he will NEVER forgive you and as a mother you won't forgive yourself
4. Try as much as you can to keep him safe.

Sincerely, i will not advice you to leave your husbands house but I tell you this "Mothers Can do anything possible to protect their children no matter the situation.

This is Sad.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us by Herbephe1(m): 11:52am On Mar 13, 2020
you only replied ur sympathisers, I have gone through the comments, and only three people asked how u got pregnant for a man twice without knowing his relatives.only a prostitute does that....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (59) (Reply)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.