Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

10 Most Developed Countries In Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa (19328 Views)

Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO / Top 10 Poorest Countries In Africa 2019 / The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by gaddafe(m): 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
chozzy:

Bro, from the list below, mention the 3 or 4 countries you visited that are not better than Nigeria by far?
I challenge you!

Egypt
Botswana
Algeria
South Africa
Libya
Morocco
Mauritius
Seychelles
Tunisia

See, let Nigeria develop its cities, education sector, health sector,
provide 24hr power supply, build standard roads/rails and reduce current poverty level.

We have a very long way to go.

And by the way, why look down on Egypt?
In terms of physical development/infrastructure, South Africa and Egypt top the list.

My brother I can confirm that Namibia and Gabon are better than Nigeria. Most Nigerians are still in delusion thinking we are developed

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by chozzy: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
gaddafe:

My brother I can confirm that Namibia and Gabon are better than Nigeria. Most Nigerians are still in delusion thinking we are developed

I'm surprised why Namibia is excluded in this ranking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by chozzy: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
USAPhoneNumber7:
Interesting

I thought Libya was recently classified as a failed state

Is Nigeria not a failed state too?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by OttHin: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Quote me with the correct answer

WHO IS THE GIANT OF AFRICA?

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by lagdmark(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
Useless propaganda survey against Nigeria, all na audio. Visit the countries and see for yourself.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 13, 2020
Afospecialk:
Am not sure if the Population of these countries all together ar not up to 200m

Consequently, its easy to manage those small countries

Botswana and Gabon on the list ?

Nigeria remain the giant of Africa
Nigeria population na fraud. Don't sleep on it.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Susu888(m): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2020
Thread for the haters/Igbos & inferiority virus victims to masturbate on.

Y'all comparing naija with countries that never stopped developing since their independence but for us we spent a good 16yrs going backwards as most development was before democratic era.

Give us 10yrs/till 2030 and watch us pocket the whole of Africa. Naija is force to reckon with once fully woke and most countries know it.

Pls no ipob/hater should quote me angry... fvck ur thoughts/opinions,keep them to yourself!
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by TMKsouth: 2:49am On Mar 13, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
I can only spot three black countries on the list.One,South Africa,development is due to whites.

Is this argument part of your coping mechanism ?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by MansoryMX(m): 2:51am On Mar 13, 2020
EliteStriker:
Libya and Gabon above Nigeria? That is interesting, why don't you add Somalia too.

See this one. You think say Nigeria na country. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by mrvitalis(m): 5:28am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I am wide awake.

Please name one index in any field of development where Egypt outpaces Nigeria. Or Botswana or Gabon. You need to see those places.
GDP per capital
Life expectancy
Child mortality
Literacy
Quality of life
Better roads
Better education
I can make 20

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 5:33am On Mar 13, 2020
USAPhoneNumber7:
Interesting

I thought Libya was recently classified as a failed state
it is still developed than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 5:35am On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=BeLookingIDIOT post=87387049]I can only spot three black countries on the list.One,[b]South Africa,development is due to whites....]A Nigerian proverb

4 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 13, 2020
mrvitalis:

GDP per capital
Life expectancy
Child mortality
Literacy
Quality of life
Better roads
Better education
I can make 20

Per capita GDP? Overshadowed by Egypt's massive debt burden. Every citizen in Egypt is practically working to pay off the national debt. Debt to GDP in Egyot is about 100%.

Life expectancy. I can concede that. There is a war in Nigeria.

Child mortality is not so much a measure of economic development.

Literacy. Yes if you take Nigeria as a whole which actually one should, but Egypt did have its fair share of street beggars when I was there last.

Quality of life. Egypt? Don't make me laugh.

Better infrastructure maybe, but less industry overall.

Better education? I don't know what you mean by that. Egyptian graduates/schools are not exactly world famous nor especially sought after.

If you go personally to Egypt, you will see for yourself that it's a real s...hole to quote the Donald. If it was better than Nigeria, Nigerians would flock there as usual. Do they? Ever heard of anyone claiming Egypt as his/her ideal destination? Exactly.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by JaceBlaze: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:
I can only spot three black countries on the list.One,South Africa,development is due to whites.
Not a single day goes by....

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Per capita GDP? Overshadowed by Egypt's massive debt burden. Every citizen in Egypt is practically working to pay off the national debt. Debt to GDP in Egyot is about 100%.

Life expectancy. I can concede that. There is a war in Nigeria.

Child mortality is not so much a measure of economic development.

Literacy. Yes if you take Nigeria as a whole which actually one should, but Egypt did have its fair share of street beggars when I was there last.

Quality of life. Egypt? Don't make me laugh.

Better infrastructure maybe, but less industry overall.

Better education? I don't know what you mean by that. Egyptian graduates/schools are not exactly world famous nor especially sought after.

If you go personally to Egypt, you will see for yourself that it's a real s...hole to quote the Donald. If it was better than Nigeria, Nigerians would flock there as usual. Do they? Ever heard of anyone claiming Egypt as his/her ideal destination? Exactly.
Egypt is not a particular great country,but they're still better than us.The stats clearly say so.End of discussion.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2020
JaceBlaze:
Not a single day goes by....
TMKsouth:

Is this argument part of your coping mechanism ?
South Africa's development is due to the whites,that's the simple truth.Remove them and watch as it gradually turns into a shithole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by BluntBoy(m): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2020
There are no developed countries in Africa. Libya may have a solid nuclear physics foundation, but it fails on every other parameters of development.

Moreover, all these countries' total population is not even up to the population of the South East of Nigeria.

Look at Seychelles. Just over 90,000. University of Ibadan alone has over 30,000 students.

It is very easy to govern those countries.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by junketer(m): 9:25am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I already have, in an earlier comment. Check it pls.

I have not visited Libya, but I also doubt that in its current state, it has a better development index than Nigeria.
how do you people reason sef? Nigeria has no good roads, no pipe borne water, our hospitals are death centers, our schools are dilapidated. I don't even want to talk about electricity. How can a country without these things be called developed? Stop arguing blindly. It's irritating.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Shikini: 9:35am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Egypt? Gabon? Botswana? Really? I don't know about the other 7 listed (except for Morocco which I agree with), but these 3 are not as developed as Nigeria. Unless the measurement of development used is a novel one I've never come across before.

Some of you actually know nothing aside shouting 'Sai Baba'

It's better to remain silent than exposing your ignorance online

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Mutemenot(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2020
People don't know we are far from many African countries when it comes to development and social amenities... Our government isn't doing anything helpful, we struggle here to live good life. Common transportation, electricity and water our government couldn't even provide n some people 're here arguing .
The only grace that saves us is our individual industrious nature, left for our government we are zero.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2020
junketer:
how do you people reason sef? Nigeria has no good roads, no pipe borne water, our hospitals are death centers, our schools are dilapidated. I don't even want to talk about electricity. How can a country without these things be called developed? Stop arguing blindly. It's irritating.

Nigerians just love to engage in self hate. I never said that Nigeria on its own is 'developed' by international standards. But neither are many of those countries mentioned. Please be staying at hime and arguing about what you don't know. I was in Gaborone in 2013. It is about as 'developed' as Abeokuta or Akure; if not for the airport. Egypt is a corrupt economic mess. Cairo is an overcrowded haven for trash, beggars and pickpockets. Maybe you should actually go and see for yourself instead of just hanging at home behind your tecno phone and talking based on your personal prejudice. My assertion is based on personal observation. Nigeria is not heaven, but I refuse to accept that all the countries on the list are better.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2020
Shikini:

Some of you actually know nothing aside shouting 'Sai Baba'

It's better to remain silent than exposing your ignorance online

It's all about self hate with you, isn't it? You hate anything that does not show Nigeria in a bad light because you've made that part of your persona. Your likes are many in the diaspora. They lick white men's asses and think to ingratiate themselves by shouting to anyone who cares to listen about how Nigeria is a shithole thinking that that will differentiate them as individuals from other Nigerians and make the white people to give them more asses to lick. No self respect.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by junketer(m): 10:31am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Nigerians just love to engage in self hate. I never said that Nigeria on its own is 'developed' by international standards. But neither are many of those countries mentioned. Please be staying at hime and arguing about what you don't know. I was in Gaborone in 2013. It is about as 'developed' as Abeokuta or Akure; if not for the airport. Egypt is a corrupt economic mess. Cairo is an overcrowded haven for trash, beggars and pickpockets. Maybe you should actually go and see for yourself instead of just hanging at home behind your tecno phone and talking based on your personal prejudice. My assertion is based on personal observation. Nigeria is not heaven, but I refuse to accept that all the countries on the list are better.
why do you assume that i am at home behind a tecno phone? You were in gaborone so what makes you think i have never been to gaborone? As i am typing this message now i am actually in south africa. Not everyone on this forum is poor or uneducated.
Back to topic, when you went to gaborone did you use their roads? Were they tarred? Was there constant power when you were there? Did you by any chance try turning their tap water on? Did you check out the hospitals there? And not just in gaborone, did you go to other parts of botswana?
My friend, having structures everywhere or houses does not mean development. Brazil has thousands of buildings and skyscrapers but norway is more developed than brazil. I am not hating on nigeria but just saying the truth. Naija na shiiithole abeg.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Shikini: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Chairman, below is Gaborone.
So, Abeokuta or Akure are as fine as this, abi?

Keep lying to yourself.
I can bet you've never boarded plane in your life

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 13, 2020
Shikini:

Chairman, below is Gaborone.
So, Abeokuta or Akure are as fine as this, abi?

Keep lying to yourself.
I can bet you've never boarded plane in your life

Just do yourself a favour, right click on the image and google search it. If that is Gaborone, I'm Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. That looks nothing like Gaborone. I would have helped you since the computer technology might elude you, but why bother?

And I've been in a plane; at least once when I travelled from Oshodi to Mile 2. It had brown seats, windows you can wind down and centre poles you can hold on to if you don't find a place to sit.

Chartered dunce.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Starboytwo(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Just do yourself a favour, right click on the image and google search it. If that is Gaborone, I'm Queen Elizabeth the 2nd. That looks nothing like Gaborone. I would have helped you since the computer technology might elude you, but why bother?

And I've been in a plane; at least once when I travelled from Oshodi to Mile 2. It had brown seats, windows you can wind down and centre poles you can hold on to if you don't find a place to sit.

Chartered dunce.
I fully support you brother... Even if that was gaborone, you mean to tell me that's the whole of gaborone, I mean the whole of gaborone look exactly like that pics... I wish I could just slap some people...

How many people dey gaborone self, how much is the whole of Dem, abeg go hide.. .

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2020
Starboytwo:
I fully support you brother... Even if that was gaborone, you mean to tell me that's the whole of gaborone, I mean the whole of gaborone look exactly like that pics... I wish I could just slap some people...

How many people dey gaborone self, how much is the whole of Dem, abeg go hide.. .

That is not even Gaborone. It is the central business district in Nairobi, Kenya. Gaborone is more like a small Nigerian town. It genuinely does feel like Abeokuta or Akure, except that the infrastructure is a little better, as obviously expected of a capital city and there is an airport. He was just trying to play smart.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:46am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Egypt? Gabon? Botswana? Really? I don't know about the other 7 listed (except for Morocco which I agree with), but these 3 are not as developed as Nigeria. Unless the measurement of development used is a novel one I've never come across before.
I've been to Botswana before, and it's way more developed than nigeria....note that i didn't say more developed, i said way more developd.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2020
Upworkwriter007:

I've been to Botswana before, and it's way more developed than nigeria....note that i didn't say more developed, i said way more developd.

What parts and how please? Better technology? More skilled workforce? Stronger economy? Superior industry? Which?
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by TMKsouth: 11:52am On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=IronGalaxy post=87397313][/quote]

South Africa,development is due to whites.... A Nigerian proverb

LOL!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

What parts and how please?
I went to francistown, not too far from their capital, and trust me, its a society where things work...security works, tourism is massive there , social amenities, whichever indices you use in judging a serene environment....the only city that has that kind of roads in nigeria is FCT...just a city of less than 200,000 people, and virtually everyone has access to basic amenities. There's poverty there oo...but to be realistic, its a serene environment to live in......there primary and secondary public school system works... They have a way they rare their cattles that's top notch hygienic,....in fact, i think they're the only country allowed to export beef to europe. Public institutions make use of technology, they don't carry files like we do here....I'm only surprised that Rwanda is not there, cose its even better than botswana.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Stamp Duty: Malami Writes 36 Governors Over Compliance / Tinubu Has Exposed Nigeria To Ridicule By Visiting Foreign Country - Falana / Buhari Swears In Folasade Yemi-Esan As New Head Of The Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.