Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

10 Most Developed Countries In Africa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa (19327 Views)

Seven (7) Most Developed Cities In Nigeria. In Order Of Development IMHO / Top 10 Poorest Countries In Africa 2019 / The Top 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by chozzy: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2020
[s]
Olumyco:

Stop talking like this... Bring out proofs. Aside Egypt which other one? You think development is just all about those those Asians looking gigantic houses... Let me tell you infrastructure span many things. And I always clamour for fair comparison. Research about their cities and let's compare. Cities like Johannesburg, Cape Town, Sandton, Cairo, Nairobi and Casablanca are the cities Abuja and Lagos are competing with today.
[/s]

For ten consecutive times, Lagos has been rated the second or third worst city to live in the world.

Oga, travel. Visit other countries. You may start with Benin, Ghana and Ivory Coast.

It makes no sense arguing with you
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by bestpunterever: 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Olumyco:

Na wa ooo... You went on internet to google the pictures of those cities and you are here posting it to prove what exactly. You think I too cannot bring out beautiful pictures of Lagos, PH, Uyo and co... Abeg stop this.
This is a public place where you must be factual. Are you thinking you will not find beautiful pictures of cities in Africa. Even that of Benin Republic you will find it.
There are many claims out there and in no way can those cities be ahead of Nigerian cities. If you mention Algiers... I can concur for some cities but not the cities you mentioned. If I post Eko Atlantic Pix here, that of VGC, Banana Island you will marvel. People who rate cities just don't rate cities anyhow. They check many things.
show me a picture of lightrail running across the street of Banana island, give me a picture of banana island with a proper drainage system, i'm very sure you have not been to that Banana island itself. it's a waste of time to argue with you... you are probably the type who used to stay in village then come to lagos once in a while, to you Lagos will be like London.. Lagos the over rated shit.. come to Lekki during during heavy rain and see a real shit.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Olumyco(m): 6:10pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
come out of your hideout Aba or ibadan or sokoto, come and give me any city in nigeria with a great and working transportations system as oran, Constantine, Annaba.. even your almighy Abuja can't withstand those city when it comes to infrastructure such, stable Electricty, Emergency unit response, trams, light rail, security, beautiful and well organize building

So Abuja don't have those infrastructure
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by S400: 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2020
Olumyco:

Mention two to three cities apart from Algiers that is more developed than some of our developed cities. If you have mentioned Morocco it would have even be better

Check yourself . a thread about algerian cities wink

https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Olumyco(m): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2020
chozzy:

Na wao ... ignorance is truly a disease.

Oga, see, in terms of physical infrastructure, Algeria is only second to South Africa.
But in terms of quality of life, Algeria tops all other African countries

Nigeria is no way near these North African countries - Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya
and Morocco

Don't jump into an argument if you know nothing about issues being discussed

You are generalising in terms of infrastructure. Forget those pictures. If we go one on one in terms of city comparison with facts you will see that having just capital city and one other city developed is not total development. Algeria cities who have been part of leading cities in Africa but they are not. I hope you have been checking stats.

In terms of Quality of Life.... Yes you are correct. Nigeria Quality of Life is not consistent across the country. There are places in Nigeria that are achieving this already. But I know that Algeria has it more.

See in terms of comparison we need to be specific. If you talk about Quality of Life I can agree with you but development span many areas not just one.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by bestpunterever: 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
S400:

Check yourself . a thread about algerian cities wink

https://www.nairaland.com/4155711/welcome-algeria-pics
abeg don't waste your time with that kid again

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by chozzy: 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
[s]
Olumyco:

Stop talking like this... Bring out proofs. Aside Egypt which other one? You think development is just all about those those Asians looking gigantic houses... Let me tell you infrastructure span many things. And I always clamour for fair comparison. Research about their cities and let's compare. Cities like Johannesburg, Cape Town, Sandton, Cairo, Nairobi and Casablanca are the cities Abuja and Lagos are competing with today.
[/s]

For ten consecutive times Lagos has been rated the second or third worst city to live in the world.

Oga, travel. Visit other countries. You may start with Benin, Ghana and Ivory Coast.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Olumyco(m): 7:02pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
Baba, I spent 2years in Algeria, spent 8 months in Egypt, I have been to south africa, Togo, Gabon, kenya,.. bro those country are doing better than Nigeria when it comes qualities of life, i'm currently in ikeja Lagos, always on Gen, traffic is hell, the roads are bad. infact i'm not proud of this country,

Yea... You stated it clearly... Quality of Life.

But if someone too from another country comes to Nigeria and stays in Abuja for some months and goes back... You will agree with me that he would say something positive about Nigeria just as you now. Personal experience sometimes is a function how much you experienced.
We understand Lagos problem and the present infrastructure in Lagos cannot serve the population and the vehicles. Infact that Lagos has that kind of population means it's a developed place because people moved massively there based on the opportunity that is there and I believe there is no city in Africa that has half of the population Lagos has. Lagos has the highest number of cars in Africa. So we understand Lagos problem. Lagos Govt and Our federal Govt needs to brace up to rollout more infrastructure in Lagos to help. I can still tell you that no city apart from Johannesburg has up to the number of bridges, flyovers, luxurious estates, islands and industries that Lagos has. We need more anyways.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Olumyco(m): 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
chozzy:
[s][/s]

For ten consecutive times, Lagos has been rated the second or third worst city to live in the world.

Do you even know the criteria they used. Do you know that Johannesburg as developed as it is also is a one of the dangerous cities to live in. And mind you Lagos from the time of Fashola has undergone serious Overhauling and till today work is still ongoing to make life better. I don't know why we are over flogging this issue. Lagos is still one of the top 10 most beautiful and developed city in Africa.. You can check. All these countries you mentioned here, I have been to them... Nothing special. Abijan is still very okay and I can rate it high in West Africa.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Olumyco(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
show me a picture of lightrail running across the street of Banana island, give me a picture of banana island with a proper drainage system, i'm very sure you have not been to that Banana island itself. it's a waste of time to argue with you... you are probably the type who used to stay in village then come to lagos once in a while, to you Lagos will be like London.. Lagos the over rated shit.. come to Lekki during during heavy rain and see a real shit.

So you expect me to be bragging of where I have been to here? Then I am not fighting you why all the stories down there. Well you are free to believe what you want. Don't worry Nigeria will be better than it is. Thanks
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by SIRTee15: 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Olumyco:

But if someone too from another country comes to Nigeria and stays in Abuja for some months and goes back... You will agree with me that he would say something positive about Nigeria just as you now. Personal experience sometimes is a function how much you experienced.
We understand Lagos problem and the present infrastructure in Lagos cannot serve the population and the vehicles. Infact that Lagos has that kind of population means it's a developed place because people moved massively there based on the opportunity that is there and I believe there is no city in Africa that has half of the population Lagos has. Lagos has the highest number of cars in Africa. So we understand Lagos problem. Lagos Govt and Our federal Govt needs to brace up to rollout more infrastructure in Lagos to help. I can still tell you that no city apart from Johannesburg has up to the number of bridges, flyovers, luxurious estates, islands and industries that Lagos has. We need more anyways.

U are simply delusional.....

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Nah. Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Namibia, Kenya etc Nigeria is with the likes of Chad and Niger

Kenya? Namibia? Are you ok?
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
Constantine, Algeria.
the problem is most of you don't use to travel. even togo here is more organised with stable electricity than shitohole called Nigeria

Which Togo?
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
SIRTee15:

Stop giving excuse for a failed state like nigeria.....
And will u stop insulting people, simply because they hold a contrary opinion....
U are the one confusing individual wealth for national development.....

Yes, some African countries perform better than nigeria on every national economic n prosperity indices.....
This is not about throwing money around and making noise....
It's about the standard of living of the average citizen. Those countries mentioned, do u see their citizens drowning in Mediterranean in a desperate bid to get to Europe...
But Nigerians are being sold as slaves in Libya on daily basis.....
Nigerian women are travelling to Lebanon to work as maids....
Nigeria is not at war with any nation, no natural disasters, no famine or drought, no plague....
Yet everybody is desperate to get out...

Nigeria is a huge disgrace to the black world, an embarrassing evidence that blacks can neither manage nor organize themselves....
Despite cheap oil money, all we can boast about are few millionaires....

Foreigners come to Lagos and Abuja and are usually disappointed....
They wonder...so what's the hype about these cities....

We always like to show big mansions in banana island, ikoyi or eko atlantic city as evidence of development....
Who's fooling who....
Rent seeking economy deceiving itself....
Let oil price crash, Nigeria will know its true level....

If Nigeria can get it right...other black African nations will get it right....
And the rest of the world will shut up....

So, terrorism is not a war?
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2020
SIRTee15:

Stop giving excuse for a failed state like nigeria.....
And will u stop insulting people, simply because they hold a contrary opinion....
U are the one confusing individual wealth for national development.....

Yes, some African countries perform better than nigeria on every national economic n prosperity indices.....
This is not about throwing money around and making noise....
It's about the standard of living of the average citizen. Those countries mentioned, do u see their citizens drowning in Mediterranean in a desperate bid to get to Europe...
But Nigerians are being sold as slaves in Libya on daily basis.....
Nigerian women are travelling to Lebanon to work as maids....
Nigeria is not at war with any nation, no natural disasters, no famine or drought, no plague....
Yet everybody is desperate to get out...

Nigeria is a huge disgrace to the black world, an embarrassing evidence that blacks can neither manage nor organize themselves....
Despite cheap oil money, all we can boast about are few millionaires....

Foreigners come to Lagos and Abuja and are usually disappointed....
They wonder...so what's the hype about these cities....

We always like to show big mansions in banana island, ikoyi or eko atlantic city as evidence of development....
Who's fooling who....
Rent seeking economy deceiving itself....
Let oil price crash, Nigeria will know its true level....

If Nigeria can get it right...other black African nations will get it right....
And the rest of the world will shut up....

A big fat lie. Foreigners are amazed at the rate of development they see in Nigeria. Electricity is just the major problem.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by bestpunterever: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
Olumyco:

you don't know what you are saying, Tokyo has more population than Lagos and is more developed than lagos, cairo has more population than lagos and is more developed..
Lagos having a population of over 18M without a metro rail shows Lagos is not developed.
have you ever travel out?
have you ever been to island of lagos during raining season?
Do 70 percent of Lagosians enjoy @ least 20hrs uninterrupted electricity daily? where do u stay in lagos?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 8:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
you don't know what you are saying, Tokyo has more population than Lagos and is more developed than lagos, cairo has more population than lagos and is more developed..
Lagos having a population of over 18M without a metro rail shows Lagos is not developed.
have you ever travel out?
have you ever been to island of lagos during raining season?
Do 70 percent of Lagosians enjoy @ least 20hrs uninterrupted electricity daily? where do u stay in lagos?

Lagos has a metro construction?
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Godfullsam(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2020
I wonder why Rwanda is not on the list.

Rwanda and Botswana are among the fastest growing countries in the world at the moment.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by bestpunterever: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2020
forgiveness:

Lagos has a metro underdevelopment?
underdevelopement or under construction, I bet u don't know the meaning of underdevelopment, underdevelopment mean something that is not adequately developed, it shall be well with you bro
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 9:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
underdevelopement or under construction, I bet u don't know the meaning of underdevelopment, underdevelopment mean something that is not adequately developed, it shall be well with you bro

Ok! Under construction.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Starboytwo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
bestpunterever:
show me bridge the like of third mainland bridge in Algiers and other north African cities or shush..
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Starboytwo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
JaceBlaze:
What was,what will be,what could have been,all that is irrelevant.Your country is a shithole and SA is not and that's that,nothing more,nothing less
mumu
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Ndipe(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
Rwanda.
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by bestpunterever: 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2020
Starboytwo:
show me bridge the like of third mainland bridge in Algiers and other north African cities or shush..
I will show you if you can first grant my request
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 13, 2020
[quote author=Olumyco post=87409586]

Based on Africa level and comparison with other Africa Countries, Nigeria is developed.[/quote
No its not

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 5:07am On Mar 14, 2020
forgiveness:

Kenya? Namibia? Are you ok?
Lol, you people..Windhoek alone is far far more developed than any Nigerian city. As for Kenya, nothing in Nigeria is comparable to the likes of Mombasa, Nairobi etc.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 6:14am On Mar 14, 2020
Ndipe:
Rwanda.
most definitely on it's way there
Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by Kaetoh: 6:31am On Mar 14, 2020
viyon02:
Hahhahahahahahaa, this can't be normal without Nigeria in the list. We are not that worst.
stop sounding silly bro..

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 6:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Olumyco:

sandton na be anyone's mate

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2020
More..

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by IronGalaxy: 6:58am On Mar 14, 2020
Olumyco:

Based on Africa level and comparison with other Africa Countries, Nigeria is developed.
Many places in Africa have development that transcends what you call "African level"

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Developed Countries In Africa by forgiveness: 7:56am On Mar 14, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Lol, you people..Windhoek alone is far far more developed than any Nigerian city. As for Kenya, nothing in Nigeria is comparable to the likes of Mombasa, Nairobi etc.

Mumu talk. Maybe better than all the cities in South Africa and Kenya combined, that's your business but never better than Calabar not to talk of Ikeja or Lekki.

Mombasa!? Bhuhahahaha Nairobi!? Hohohohohoho! Slum capital of the world. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Declare Your Assets, Buratai Directs Senior Army Personnel / Abdulkadir Abdulsalam Is Dead (Labour Party National Chairman Dies) / Tinubu Has Exposed Nigeria To Ridicule By Visiting Foreign Country - Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.