Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (57099 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / Soludo Makes U-turn, Criticises Odumeje For ‘attempting To Stop’ Church Demoliti / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Kissingerright(f): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good Move i must say.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by specie103(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Can we cancel this year 2020 already angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by clarocuzioo(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hnmmm
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by excessmon(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
What’s d meaning of the line u typed?
olaric:

Christians and Christianity will come out of this stronger.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by ednut1(m): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
For those who say miracles are real. Can't these pastors cure corona ni

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ladycewhy(f): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Markets and schools unkor? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Coldie(m): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
David ibiyeomie. Saw the future and developed a satellite broadcast system. Stay in your house and enjoy the service and pau tithe and offerings online.

The futurist

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by MandyBright: 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
MandyBright:
All churches and mosques in Nigeria should be shut down for now. If Buhari likes, let him not act fast and stop this virus from spreading all over Nigeria (if it has not already spread) because, if he gets the virus, he must die because the virus kills mostly old people who already have underlying illnesses.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
They can stop going to mosque if they lik, but the church must go on....Nobody can stop christians from going to church, how much more when the order might be coming from a non Christian...
online services!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Owambe and danfo and Lagbus . What do we do about them?

I can see my son rubbing his hands in anticipation of a school shutdown

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Shame on pastors if they close their church because of just coro, but wait where HIV, deaf, blind, stroke, barren,and madness healing came from? Re you thinking what am thinking? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by KEVIND: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Questions & Answers With Prophet Tb Joshua Regarding Coronavirus

QUESTION – Prophet TB Joshua, what shall we call this period we are in – where you cannot give your neighbour a handshake, you cannot cough in public, travel to Jerusalem or Mecca for pilgrimage has been prohibited, people no longer share the Holy Communion cup, Pope Francis is performing Mass through video, many churches are holding services online, universities such as Harvard have closed, in many countries there are no gatherings of people more than ten and even President Trump said the situation is “not under control”. What can you say?
ANSWER – Don’t forget what Jesus said to His disciples, to Simon Peter in Luke 22:32 – “I pray your faith will not fail.” It is a prophetic word. Jesus was prophesying about what was to come – a time like this. He knew something was coming that would challenge our faith, that would take the faith from many, that would stop people from worshipping. But I don’t see anything to panic about because Jesus said in John 16:33 – “In this world, you will have tribulation – but cheer up; I have overcome the world.”
Don’t forget what I said at the beginning of the year – “Work of God – people will be getting tired this year because the work of God is not by power and might; because of so many challenges, tribulations and burdens they will not be able to bear.” Real faith thrives on a test. If there was nothing serious in the past to test our faith, here is something to test our faith in a unique way – a real situation. What an opportunity to grow in faith, in our relationship with God! What can separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39)? Can the coronavirus? Can death? Nothing! As 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear.
QUESTION – You said the voice of the coronavirus will be silenced by the end of this month but President Trump said it may linger until July or August. For re-emphasis, we want to hear from you again because there is so much fear and panic.
ANSWER – I say again – it is the remnants we are seeing. The real coronavirus is gone. What we are seeing now are the remnants. But what the coronavirus has caused – economic backlash, fear – will linger until the end of the year.
QUESTION – How do we overcome fear?
ANSWER – What is fear? How do you define fear? Fear means you are not in line with God, you are not with God. Fear exposes the level of our relationship with God. Fear exposes the kind of relationship we have with our Creator – God. Fear exposes who we serve, who we believe. Fear means we are not serving God with all our hearts. Fear means we are not such in heart. The opening of the eyes of our faith will be the silencing of our fears.
QUESTION – What are we to expect at the end of this month?
ANSWER – I have said it! How many times do you want me to say it? How many times do you want to hear it?
QUESTION – But are we to continue with the coronavirus?
ANSWER – The name of God has always been used for possible things – but faith is for impossible things. We are using God’s name for possible things, not impossible. People’s lives have been like this. This coronavirus has only exposed us. Our challenges determine where we are spiritually. Challenges reveal the true condition of man’s heart. Challenges reveal where we belong. Remember, faith is for impossible things.
QUESTION – If I may be clear, you said the voice of coronavirus will be silenced by the end of this month. Are we right?
ANSWER – Well, I will not blame you, because you live by what you see and what you hear. I am telling you what is to come. Thank God you cannot change it, because people are profiting from the situation at hand.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3062576930529729&id=103470916440360

https://www.nairaland.com/5742778/questions-answers-prophet-tb-joshua

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by SaintLucia: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
KaideeGee:
Why all these drastic measures when u could have curbed it from the onset
But most of you said there's no coronavirus in Nigeria that the thing na scam and an avenue for the government to embezzle money. Una even demand to see the picture of the Italian man that first brought the virus to naija.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
They can stop going to mosque if they lik, but the church must go on....Nobody can stop christians from going to church, how much more when the order might be coming from a non Christian...

No mind them.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by mvem(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
in the US and Europe it has been enforced...no gathering beyond a certain number be it Religious, Social, Entertainment etc...many countries have issued state of emergency, that is the government can take drastic steps when they declare that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Yancy(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Thought it was APC crisis & Oshiomhole's matter that was more important to address. Shut the freaking border since, they were forming deaf. Now it has happened & its now time for fire brigade approach as usual. They thought the pandemic is mere child's play. Now reality has finally set in. Funny enough, the man from Daura will still come to embarrass us by telling us that he wasn't aware. Oh Lord, who did we offend?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
They should stop movement too. Close schools, markets, joints, clubs.
Everybody should stay at home doing nothing so that corona will not catch.
If ebola happened overseas it would have been worst
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by sparkleboy(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
Incompetent leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by mvem(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
destinie2019:

No mind them.
In the US and Europe it has been enforced...no gathering beyond a certain number be it Religious, Social, Entertainment etc...many countries have issued state of emergency, that is the government can take drastic steps when they declare that
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by angelamina(f): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
God will help us embarassed
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by DropsMic(m): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good step
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by DropsMic(m): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
angelamina:
God will help us embarassed

Drop this useless black mentality... God won't help us. If our government can't stop this, that will be the end of Nigeria as we know it

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Phyde: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
jossypet:
What about the "large congregation" in our public buses?
Some buses have passengers squeezing themselves
Especially coaster and LT buses. Sometimes i hardly breathe siting in those buses. This is another area government need to look into. Overload buses.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Edopesin: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
lonelydora:
Who send LASG?

Corona virus cannot beat God, so my family and church members are safe.

Leave our church service for us, biko.

E no go better for China

God shakes his head at your stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by KingWarri: 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
cRobo:
Pastors won't be happy about this

I won't say a word
U just too mumu...
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by segebase(m): 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Pastor oyedepo and Daddy G.o won't like this

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by CrestMan: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
How more stupid can this government be? - You refused to restrict flights and close borders into your country inspite of outcries.
- You suddenly woke up and closed borders after recording cases.
- now you are banning religious gatherings when schools are still open, markets are still full of crowds, banks are still operating, restaurants are still open, bus stops are crowded etc angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by dododawa1: 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
I don't know what to say since it concerns RELIGION.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by BlackDuke(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
I have this gut feeling that there is something they are not telling us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
The church will open on Sunday and the gate of hell shall not prevail. All churches must go ahead with their services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by KingWarri: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
DropsMic:

Drop this useless black mentality... God won't help us. If our government can't stop this, that will be the end of Nigeria as we know it
God actually helped us by giving us longer time to prepare and talk proactive measures but our government was doom to allow it in

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Glink2018(m): 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sanwoolu can not ban jumat service in Lagos. But if it's only churched some e-miscreant will be spewing out trAsh. But Nah church and mosque.

Everywhere dey silence. Biased people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge / Former President, Buhari & Wife Land In Daura (photos) / See What A Nigerian Prison In Kaduna Looks Like (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.