Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (57106 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / Soludo Makes U-turn, Criticises Odumeje For ‘attempting To Stop’ Church Demoliti / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by drmikeadams(m): 12:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Nelochukwu:

Please stop talking like this. If d 'churches' were adding value other than fleecing the sheaple the government won't shut it down. Ok oya pray that d disease will be stopped. If you cant get an answer to the prayer then please shutting them down is best.

Atleast now we will confirm that God does not here their prayers. Their God is their belly and they have eaten things sacrificed to idols. Pls dont mention my quote and start defending these charlatans. Let them pray if there r men of God. It's the power of God we want to see not some story tellers.

Shebi there r quick to dish out prophecies for the year. They didn't see this one coming abi grin
angry grin grin grin grin grin I dey wait make prayers stop coro virus,,,,
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Rawtruth1: 12:44am On Mar 19, 2020
KaideeGee:
Why all these drastic measures when u could have curbed it from the onset
if the government acted earlier to prevent Nigeria from having any index case, how would health Minister and other thieves embezle the billions mapped out for the virus outbreak? �
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by fireback: 12:48am On Mar 19, 2020
what about schools. schooling is daily gathering while church is just a weekly gathering. a child can contact the virus in school and bring it home.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by k2money(m): 2:56am On Mar 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Why crying on behalf of people who don't know you exist?
Sorry pastor wife. I never mean to hurt you
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Splintinterior: 3:26am On Mar 19, 2020
Lostz:
useless leaders! stop all travel from affected countries, the duara man said no.
now they want a reason to blame religious leaders for their foolishness
Is he no longer traveling to medical check up to UK? Abeg, he should come and travel o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Kingspin(m): 3:49am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:
Imagine how peaceful Lagos would be without noise pollution.

Welcome development oo
I thought they put a ban on outside speakers ?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 5:47am On Mar 19, 2020
total lock down, stay in your homes till further notice.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nelochukwu: 6:15am On Mar 19, 2020
drmikeadams:
angry grin grin grin grin grin I dey wait make prayers stop coro virus,,,,

Actually prayers can but not the prayers of these men of gold who only knows how to collect tithe and offering and organise useless crusades on healing and d likes. Now free crusade don show but they r dishing worthless prophecies from their sitting rooms instead of asking of where infected folks are and going there to heal them grin.

If na to organize how to collect money or speak on how to pay tithes, dey no dey carry last.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by mmsen: 7:15am On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=KaideeGee post=87554615]Why all these drastic measures when u could have curbed it from the onset[/quote

To curb it from the beginning would have entailed social isolation - no church or mosque.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by mmsen: 7:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Kingspin:
I thought they put a ban on outside speakers ?

Not enforced if there is a ban.

Those RCCG have no regard for other people. Same for MFM.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:19am On Mar 19, 2020
k2money:

Sorry pastor wife. I never mean to hurt you

No Pastor in my entire family, not hurt, just concerned. Even the Bible says "Let the dead bury themselves".
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by EnterpriseMan: 8:09am On Mar 19, 2020
DropsMic:

Drop this useless black mentality... God won't help us. If our government can't stop this, that will be the end of Nigeria as we know it

Lol.. Easy Guy, its just coro-19, not the zombie apocalypse grin grin
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by johnad3(m): 8:09am On Mar 19, 2020
Do you think the religion leaders will accepts this? Do you know how many millions they will loose? It shows that Nigeria has no good scientist who can come together to curb this corona virus. What's the purpose of govt budgeting for that department? It shows they are waiting for the west for the solutions
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2020
Nelochukwu:

Please stop talking like this. If d 'churches' were adding value other than fleecing the sheaple the government won't shut it down. Ok oya pray that d disease will be stopped. If you cant get an answer to the prayer then please shutting them down is best.

Atleast now we will confirm that God does not here their prayers. Their God is their belly and they have eaten things sacrificed to idols. Pls dont mention my quote and start defending these charlatans. Let them pray if there r men of God. It's the power of God we want to see not some story tellers.

Shebi there r quick to dish out prophecies for the year. They didn't see this one coming abi grin
God already provided a solution to manage contagious diseases thousands of years ago in his word the Bible.

Leviticus 13:2-5
"When a man has on the skin of his body a swelling or a scab or a bright spot, and it becomes an infection of leprosy on the skin of his body, then he shall be brought to Aaron the priest or to one of his sons the priests. "The priest shall look at the mark on the skin of the body, and if the hair in the infection has turned white and the infection appears to be deeper than the skin of his body, it is an infection of leprosy; when the priest has looked at him, he shall pronounce him unclean. "But if the bright spot is white on the skin of his body, and it does not appear to be deeper than the skin, and the hair on it has not turned white, then the priest shall isolate him who has the infection for seven days

Leviticus 13:31-33
"But if the priest looks at the infection of the scale, and indeed, it appears to be no deeper than the skin and there is no black hair in it, then the priest shall isolate the person with the scaly infection for seven days. "On the seventh day the priest shall look at the infection, and if the scale has not spread and no yellowish hair has grown in it, and the appearance of the scale is no deeper than the skin, then he shall shave himself, but he shall not shave the scale; and the priest shall isolate the person with the scale seven more days.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by EnterpriseMan: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2020
johnad3:
It shows that Nigeria has no good scientist who can come together to curb this corona virus. What's the purpose of govt budgeting for that department? It shows they are waiting for the west for the solutions

Look at what a human being is writing. A Nigerian for that matter. How did you even put that sentence together? grin angry angry Scientists,Nigeria,Curb virus.

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

Lol ..Aha! Lostz come and carry your brother. Hes Not a saints.
I'm very well dear.
Welcome back. Hehehehechch..
welcome back Graysons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

you don't allow the toxicity get to you..
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2020
Lostz:
you don't allow the toxicity get to you..

I'll try.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Justarandomguy: 9:19am On Mar 19, 2020
mascot87:
We are sorry o Lord. Please forgive us our sin and heal our land.
its too late lol. For how long are we gonna beg for forgiveness
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nelochukwu: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2020
Lostz:
God already provided a solution to manage contagious diseases thousands of years ago in his word the Bible.

Leviticus 13:2-5
"When a man has on the skin of his body a swelling or a scab or a bright spot, and it becomes an infection of leprosy on the skin of his body, then he shall be brought to Aaron the priest or to one of his sons the priests. "The priest shall look at the mark on the skin of the body, and if the hair in the infection has turned white and the infection appears to be deeper than the skin of his body, it is an infection of leprosy; when the priest has looked at him, he shall pronounce him unclean. "But if the bright spot is white on the skin of his body, and it does not appear to be deeper than the skin, and the hair on it has not turned white, then the priest shall isolate him who has the infection for seven days

Leviticus 13:31-33
"But if the priest looks at the infection of the scale, and indeed, it appears to be no deeper than the skin and there is no black hair in it, then the priest shall isolate the person with the scaly infection for seven days. "On the seventh day the priest shall look at the infection, and if the scale has not spread and no yellowish hair has grown in it, and the appearance of the scale is no deeper than the skin, then he shall shave himself, but he shall not shave the scale; and the priest shall isolate the person with the scale seven more days.

My brother this law was for the nation Israel under a carnal commandment cheesy. Yeshua has given us a new covenant and Hope. We dont isolate nothing but we cast that demon out. How many sick people did Yeshua and the first apostles isolate? Or do you think sickness or pestilence started this year?

This is a powerless church and generation whose god is their belly. God is not with them hence this embarrassment. Let their money and all the wealth accumulated over the years save them.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by angelamina(f): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2020
DropsMic:

Drop this useless black mentality... God won't help us. If our government can't stop this, that will be the end of Nigeria as we know it
egbami!..why are transferring ur aggression to me, am I buari family member undecidedu can say ur mind without quoting me sir.. We have freedom of speech.. What I choose to say or write is my business not urs
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Tunex252(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2020
OcVoice:
If they had closed borders and stopped flights from affected countries from coming into the country, we won't have gotten to this.

Still a good development. Stay in your house and worship your God.

I pray it doesn't get to the level where they would tell us to stay at home...
very soon they will tell us to stay at home meaning operation NO MOVEMENT will soon commence
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by mascot87(m): 9:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Justarandomguy:
its too late lol. For how long are we gonna beg for forgiveness

Their is nothing like "it's too late" when God is involved
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 19, 2020
Nelochukwu:

My brother this law was for the nation Israel under a carnal commandment cheesy. Yeshua has given us a new covenant and Hope. We dont isolate nothing but we cast that demon out. How many sick people did Yeshua and the first apostles isolate? Or do you think sickness or pestilence started this year?

This is a powerless church and generation whose god is their belly. God is not with them hence this embarrassment. Let their money and all the wealth accumulated over the years save them.
Jesus words at Mathew chapter 8:4 shows that he respected and practice the law given to the isrealite.

Matthew 8:4Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.

Jesus also realized that the leper should be quarantined according to the law of Moses that is why he asked that he meet the priest who is to certify that the leper is healed .
Leviticus 14:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;
Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop.

secondly the apostle did not depend on miraculous Power for every sickness;
1 Timothy 5:23 New International Version (NIV)
Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

Philippians 2:25-27 New International Version (NIV)
But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow.

2 Timothy 4:20 New International Version (NIV)
Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:43am On Mar 19, 2020
RichDad1:
When are they closing schools??
March 23rd, all private and public schools.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by pixey(m): 10:44am On Mar 19, 2020
IlovePMB:
All churches and mosques in Nigeria should be shut down for now. If Buhari likes, let him not act fast and stop this virus from spreading all over Nigeria (if it has not already spread) because, if he gets the virus, he must die because the virus kills mostly old people who already have underlying illnesses.
Your moniker says otherwise.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Edopesin: 11:25am On Mar 19, 2020
lonelydora:

Are you a Christian?
Yes I am
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by k2money(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

No Pastor in my entire family, not hurt, just concerned. Even the Bible says "Let the dead bury themselves".
So they should now open church ⛪ and mosque � all the name of someone want to make money and risk people life's? See even in the Vatican that Christianity comes from they have close all gathering the same at Saudi.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by wirinet(m): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
KaideeGee:
Why all these drastic measures when u could have curbed it from the onset
Abeg, yarn me how many countries were able to curb it at the onset, and how do you curb it from the onset?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by wirinet(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
CrestMan:
How more stupid can this government be? - You refused to restrict flights and close borders into your country inspite of outcries.
- You suddenly woke up and closed borders after recording cases.
- now you are banning religious gatherings when schools are still open, markets are still full of crowds, banks are still operating, restaurants are still open, bus stops are crowded etc angry
Did restricting flights and border closure stop the virus from ravishing the US and more industrialized nations? Didn't Trump boast that he cancelled flights from China immediately the virus started? How effective was it in curtailing the virus. When the US, UK, EU, Japan, Canada, Australia and all highly develop nations could not stop the virus, you expect a third world country, which you people call shithole to stop the virus from entering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See What A Nigerian Prison In Kaduna Looks Like (photos) / Alfred Olufade's Father, George Olufade: Late Pilot My Only Son / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.