Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (57094 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / Soludo Makes U-turn, Criticises Odumeje For ‘attempting To Stop’ Church Demoliti / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by dazzlingd(m): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
There is no doubt religion becomes humble at this point....we all know deep down that no amount of prayers , vigils and worship can save us....Our hope lies in scientific research and realistic approaches to curb this evil virus

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by InvertedHammer: 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
/
If only Coronavirus could kill immediately, I would have advised the government not to shut down churches and mosques so that the morons among us can go there and die off immediately. Perhaps sanity will return to religion after those weak links are eradicated.

/
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lostz:

SassyGem101

Stop this lostz. I won't mention you if I didn't want you to know I'm back. A friend already called my attention to all the madness going on here with you guys and sassy. Please let it end now.

good evening.

you should apply safety measures when dancing o. the incompetence of our leaders means the virus is hear already

What safety measure? God is my shield and buckler. And except God watch over a city, the watch man watcheth in vain.

What happened to notasaints? I see he deactivated. Hahahaaa...
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Whaaaaa?!!! even Jesus have gone into quarantine grin grin So what are those gullible worshippers of Jesus going to do? their God of men and so called pastors have gone into hidings.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by OlakunmiSMELTD: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
THEY SHOULD BE READY TO CLOSE DOWN SCHOOLS FROM PRIMARY TO HIGHER INSTITUTIONS

ALL BIG MARKETS IN LAGOS

AND COMPANIES WITH 500 STAFFS ABOVE

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT WITH NO SENSE

THIS PEOPLE SPEND 6DAYS GOING TO WORK, MARKET AND SCHOOL.

BUT ONLY SPEND FEW HOURS IN CHURCH

IS THERE COMMON SENSE CLOSING A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE STAY JUST 2-3HOURS ONCE IN A WEEK

OVER WHERE THEY SPEND 8-10HOURS FOR 6DAYS?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by stormborn28(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
They can stop going to mosque if they lik, but the church must go on....Nobody can stop christians from going to church, how much more when the order might be coming from a non Christian...

You need wisdom

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
KaideeGee:
Why all these drastic measures when u could have curbed it from the onset

How?? If as advanced as China, Italy, Canada, UK , USA, Iran can’t then how Nigeria ?? I laugh in Spanish, out UK don shutdown since
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by k2money(m): 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
what truth?.
That religion is a scam but the gullible won't just listen

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by escohido123: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2020
They should stop party also.
Brainless people

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by ihedioramma: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
Engrgreg231:
They want to stop church service good one but also stop all incoming flights
What of market and schools ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by fidebaby(f): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Can they stop market from operating? ��������������������

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

What safety measure? God is my shield and buckler. And except God watch over a city, the watch man watcheth in vain.

What happened to notasaints? I see he deactivated. Hahahaaa...

I didn't realize notasaints left.

safety measures like washing your hands, limiting contact to people except when necessary.

there is limited risk for those of us that worship at home.

so you are not that sassy girl? almost everything about her look like you.

good to have you back! I didn't even know you were leaving
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
Always declaring their assets in ignorance!
What about everyday market, bus terminal, banks, places of works, inside BRT, under bridge, schools, higher Institutions, weddings, clubs, parties etc
Na only Church and Mosques dem see, zombies no dey tire!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
gypsey:
Whaaaaa?!!! even Jesus have gone into quarantine grin grin So what are those gullible worshippers of Jesus going to do? their God of men and so called pastors have gone into hidings.
the act of quarantining sick people with contagious disease was already being practiced in the Bible long before your science picked it up

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2020
k2money:

That religion is a scam but the gullible won't just listen

Why crying on behalf of people who don't know you exist?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by bosa1(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
What about parties? Lagos Island market? Bus stops at night?

This is a one-sided solution by Lagos state govt
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by kuntash: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
Imagine how peaceful Lagos would be without noise pollution.

Welcome development oo

While Markets and schools are safe abi?

The honking or blaring of horns from trailers aren't noise right..

U gang up to foster this wile, it would be DOA!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by stchinedu: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Medicine after death. The government should have closed down the border and banned travellers from infected countries from the first time the virus was confirmed in Nigeria. But No! They waited until packs was sent into Nigeria to take action.

As far as i'm concerned, the Nigeria government brought this tragedy to us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by pressplay411(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
It's a necessary measure.
Let's hope there's a solution soon enough.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by iammolise(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
Now buhari will not want to go for "vacation" in the name of "medical check up" again... Pls let us force him to go, we love him, his health is of our most paramount. And this time he will go to China, is like their doctors are the best now..[quote] smiley
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by newoffer: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
themanderon:
Stupid leaders. I thought they said they have no plans of shutting the boarders? Let's see how prepared they are since the virus is finally here with us. A good thing the virus does not discriminate between the rich and poor. But I smell some conspiracy somewhere, it is as if these guys actually wanted the virus here, who knows their end game.
.. problem Na money for those wey smart
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Strongbest(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
jossypet:
What about the "large congregation" in our public buses?
Some buses have passengers squeezing themselves

And markets.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by livenletlive: 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Duru009(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Devil has entered the Church !!!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Chasepark: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
Religion or no region the virus is going to spread anyway... Except if we all stop going to work. This is disaster!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by HENRY940: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Stupid idea. Ban immigration from affected countries this useless APC govt.

If u ban Church and mosque, how about market, school, BRT buses, danfo?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by drmikeadams(m): 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
dazzlingd:
There is no doubt religion becomes humble at this point....we all know deep down that no amount of prayers , vigils and worship can save us....Our hope lies in scientific research and realistic approaches to curb this evil virus
haha they dont know////if they find cure through science,,them go still come dey claim say na thier fake God do am..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
THEY SHOULD BE READY TO CLOSE DOWN PARTIES, BARS AND CLUBS.

SENSLESS GOVERNMENT
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by travelland(f): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lostz:
the act of quarantining sick people with contagious disease was already being practiced in the Bible long before your science picked it up

Don't mind those ignorant atheists. Every skin disease and other casse were quarantined during biblical times but ignorant people will never know. There's nothing new under the Sun
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Amanda4life: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Schools should be shut down
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by OlakunmiSMELTD: 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Stupid idea. Ban immigration from affected countries this useless APC govt.

If u ban Church and mosque, how about market, school, BRT buses, danfo?

Tell them oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Food Markets To Open Between 10:00am And 2:00pm Daily – FG / Sowore And Bakare Regain Freedom / Deji Adeleke To Brother Ademola: I Will Expose You If You Derail As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.