Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (57101 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / Soludo Makes U-turn, Criticises Odumeje For ‘attempting To Stop’ Church Demoliti / Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by KaideeGee(m): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2020
wirinet:

Abeg, yarn me how many countries were able to curb it at the onset, and how do you curb it from the onset?

Are u saying it had beta been cured than Prevented?

or that it cant be prevented? Can't Nigeria at least be listed as the proactive nation who didn't wait to be hit b4 it started defending itself? Must everything involve politics?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nelochukwu: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lostz:
Jesus words at Mathew chapter 8:4 shows that he respected and practice the law given to the isrealite.

Matthew 8:4Then Jesus said to him, “See that you don’t tell anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the gift Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.

Jesus also realized that the leper should be quarantined according to the law of Moses that is why he asked that he meet the priest who is to certify that the leper is healed .
Leviticus 14:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the plague of leprosy be healed in the leper;
Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive and clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop.

secondly the apostle did not depend on miraculous Power for every sickness;
1 Timothy 5:23 New International Version (NIV)
Stop drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

Philippians 2:25-27 New International Version (NIV)
But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow.

2 Timothy 4:20 New International Version (NIV)
Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus.

My brother Yeshua obeyed the law because He himself was under the law. Remember Hebrews says until the death of the testator the testament is not in force meaning he had to die first before the new testament was in place. In essence, Yeshua was the last prophet before the change in the law from the old to new.

Those illness you highlighted were either attacks on individual christains to slow the work of God down or just ailment that occurs as per the mortal body being what it is, mortal. It wasnt a plague or a curse grin. Can you imagine Yeshua or the early apostle plagued by this kind of curse? If you check scriptures, we only see this kinda thing when the Lord curses or punishes a people. It's clearly not d same as one or two beleivers falling ill as remember the body is only mortal. Besides, clearly the power of God was evident in the early church. Sickness where healed and the likes.But where u have an epidemic threatening to even close shrines we call 'churches' what does that tell you? Also note that a prophet is also without honour in his own home so it's possible for a child of God to be ill yet he prays for others and they get well because he personally might be attacked by the devil to slow him down but that does mean God doesnt answer his prayers. We see this in Elisha was was sick when he died but his bones raised a dead body grin

There is no power in this 'church' because they have eaten food meant for idols. Their God is their belly. Let me ask you. Did the sicknesses of Timothy or d other disciple threaten their gatherings? Did if mean they couldnt trade? Even if there would be a plague, it wont come near the dwelling of His people If indeed we r His people.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nelochukwu:

My brother Yeshua obeyed the law because He himself was under the law. Remember Hebrews says until the death of the testator the testament is not in force meaning he had to die first before the new testament was in place. In essence, Yeshua was the last prophet before the change in the law from the old to new.

Those illness you highlighted were either attacks on individual christains to slow the work of God down or just ailment that occurs as per the mortal body being what it is, mortal. It wasnt a plague or a curse grin. Can you imagine Yeshua or the early apostle plagued by this kind of curse? If you check scriptures, we only see this kinda thing when the Lord curses or punishes a people. It's clearly not d same as one or two beleivers falling ill as remember the body is only mortal. But where u have an epidemic threatening to even close shrines we call 'churches' what does that tell you? There is no power in this 'church' because they have eaten food meant for idols. Their God is their belly. Let me ask you. Did the sicknesses of Timothy or d other disciple threaten their gatherings? Did if mean they couldnt trade? Even if there would be a plague, it wont come near the dwelling of His people If indeed we r His people.
before leaving this Earth, Jesus already prophesied that there will be pestilences.
going further what does Jesus urge us to do?

"by your endurance you will preserve your life"

when things like this happens, true Christians should know that the end is near
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ijawwomaninoyo: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
k2money:

So they should now open church ⛪ and mosque � all the name of someone want to make money and risk people life's? See even in the Vatican that Christianity comes from they have close all gathering the same at Saudi.

Use your senses if for once! Why did they leave markets where people gather 24/7? BRT, clubs, beer parlour, banks,motor parks, salons, oil companies, production factories etc because people want to make money? More people are at these places almost 24/7.
No Pastor or Church is responsible for your poverty.
If you claim they are making money, then upload the proof of how much you have given them.
If you don't have, Abeg go find work, poverty is resetting your thinking already!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Aminuabiolamuhd(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:
They can stop going to mosque if they lik, but the church must go on....Nobody can stop christians from going to church, how much more when the order might be coming from a non Christian...
I was expecting this kind of dumb comment. You didn't dissapoint me.
If you want to die, please jump in third mainland bridge or drink sniper and die alone. Don't kill others with your fanatism and ignorance.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2020
Aminuabiolamuhd:

I was expecting this kind of dumb comment. You didn't dissapoint me.
If you want to die, please jump in third mainland bridge or drink sniper and die alone. Don't kill others with your fanatism and ignorance.

STFU.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by wale8486: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
They want to stop church service good one but also stop all incoming flights

who raised dis ediots
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by k2money(m): 6:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Use your senses if for once! Why did they leave markets where people gather 24/7? BRT, clubs, beer parlour, banks,motor parks, salons, oil companies, production factories etc because people want to make money? More people are at these places almost 24/7.
No Pastor or Church is responsible for your poverty.
If you claim they are making money, then upload the proof of how much you have given them.
If you don't have, Abeg go find work, poverty is resetting your thinking already!
Ọga I have a legit work and I'm not suffering, I may not be rich as your kind see rich people but am doing OK. All those places you mentioned it's turn by turn and I wish they shut down every gathering. It's your type to check your brain if it's still functioning, because if church or mosque can help in this time of the virus then it not suppose to effect people that go to churches and mosque. My brother in the lord I'm mature and follow Jesus teaching not con men

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nelochukwu: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lostz:
before leaving this Earth, Jesus already prophesied that there will be pestilences.
going further what does Jesus urge us to do?

"by your endurance you will preserve your life"

when things like this happens, true Christians should know that the end is near

Bro the pestilence is for the world not the church. Didnt you read it till the end where He says the believer should not be afraid and that they will be saved. God has been exempting HIS people since Egypt. Even the church in the wilderness sef were protected talk less of the new testament church. There is no power in the 'church' because its god is vanity and worldly possession. Pay your tithe God will bless you. Men who worship themselves and their wealth. Who thinks godliness is gain. The true church has been matching one while the fallen aways have been gaining the world grin because their god is their belly.

Have you not heard from long time ago that the Most High is in charge of pestilence? Do you think He doesnt know? Y will He use it against Himself? A Kingdom divided against itself cannot stand so how will he use pestilence that is sickness and which Yeshua and the early church were impatient with to the point their shadows healed the sick. Imagine Yehsua or the early church couldnt meet because of sickness lololol.

This weak church is rich. Let them use their wealth and buy miracle.

Shebi they like to dish out yearly prophecy. Y didnt their god tell them? Clowns on the pulpit making merchandise of fellow clowns who love this world.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
k2money:

Ọga I have a legit work and I'm not suffering, I may not be rich as your kind see rich people but am doing OK. All those places you mentioned it's turn by turn and I wish they shut down every gathering. It's your type to check your brain if it's still functioning, because if church or mosque can help in this time of the virus then it not suppose to effect people that go to churches and mosque. My brother in the lord I'm mature and follow Jesus teaching not con men

Enter buka, download something for belle!
Fortified zombie, leave BRT that everyone touches the handle of the doors, touches all the chairs when going in and holding hangers everyday to go and meet Churches and Mosques? Use your brain if just for once!
Abeg, enter house!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by k2money(m): 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Enter buka, download something for belle!
Fortified zombie, leave BRT that everyone touches the handle of the doors, touches all the chairs when going in and holding hangers everyday to go and meet Churches and Mosques? Use your brain if just for once!
Abeg, enter house!
Am a polite and mature man so I don't need to engage in dirty words with you. Grow up and get a job stop looking for gullible people to deceive all on the name of heaven. The Romans that invent Christians have shut all their church because they value human life more than the tithes and offering you are after. One of the men of God I respect TB Joshua even advice his members to comply because he care about their life and he does not take tithes. I won't waste my time to reply you anymore because I know you are pain.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
k2money:

Am a polite and mature man so I don't need to engage in dirty words with you. Grow up and get a job stop looking for gullible people to deceive all on the name of heaven. The Romans that invent Christians have shut all their church because they value human life more than the tithes and offering you are after. One of the men of God I respect TB Joshua even advice his members to comply because he care about their life and he does not take tithes. I won't waste my time to reply you anymore because I know you are pain.

Go and die, I didn't read your rubbish!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by k2money(m): 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Go and die, I didn't read your rubbish!
Ṣeé church man fighting for his God,
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by PropertyBuying(f): 4:47am On Mar 20, 2020
Darato:
This is hunger knocking on the door of some pastors oh!!!
And that's the bitter truth... A pandemic having this such a global effect will most likely lead to famine across the world.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by paix(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I don't know what to tell u. angry
Are you the Lord?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by paix(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
Darato:
This is hunger knocking on the door of some pastors oh!!!

I write professional Resumes, see my signature...
Don't worry, hunger will not kill any pastor. The churches have bank account details, remember?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Iceyjay(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
mytime24:
Bad market for gods of meN

No more tithes
I said shut up!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by SaintBishop: 2:24am On Mar 21, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

Lol ..Aha! Lostz come and carry your brother. Hes Not a saints.

I'm very well dear.

Welcome back. Hehehehechch..
Thanks for the grand ceremony I appreciate it. I'm glad you are doing well. smiley
Listen, I don't want to sound uncultured and all,but can I have your contact for old time sake? hey, I know what you're thinking, it's nothing like that. I just want us to be friends beyond Nl what do ya say?

P.S. Address me with this moniker.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 21, 2020
SaintBishop:
Thanks for the grand ceremony I appreciate it. I'm glad you are doing well. smiley
Listen, I don't want to sound uncultured and all,but can I have your contact for old time sake? hey, I know what you're thinking, it's nothing like that. I just want us to be friends beyond Nl what do ya say?

Sorry but who is this?

Can you mention something to make me believe you're the one?
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by SaintBishop: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

Sorry but who is this?

Can you mention something to make me believe you're the one?
Ok.

https://www.nairaland.com/5717018/need-god-fearing-man-serious/1#87150492
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by johnad3(m): 9:12am On Mar 23, 2020
you be mugun nah where did you see me writing (s) at the back of scientist? you be ode

EnterpriseMan:

Look at what a human being is writing. A Nigerian for that matter. How did you even put that sentence together? grin angry angry Scientists,Nigeria,Curb virus.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by EnterpriseMan: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
johnad3:
you be mugun nah where did you see me writing (s) at the back of scientist? you be ode

Look a low life tongue tongue
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Graysons: 10:05am On Mar 24, 2020
SaintBishop:

Mr froshloaded here is your not a Saint I hope you and that jewessgratitudd whatever will leave me alone now? it is really annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Froshloaded: 10:08am On Mar 24, 2020
SaintBishop:

l
Not a saints my man grin
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 24, 2020
Graysons:

Mr froshloaded here is your not a Saint I hope you and that jewessgratitudd whatever will leave me alone now? it is really annoying.

Huh? angry
Who the hell are you and why mentioning me?

Froshloaded, what is going on here?

Look Graysons or whatever you call yourself, let me be and don't try to drag me into any silly drama in here OK?
After all you came mentioning me first and sounding like notasaints. Why didn't you deny it immediately rather you mentioned me the same day with the above moniker stating I address you with it. So I assumed you don't want to be mentioned with Gray. And since then I never mentioned you again. So what's with the letting you rest? I hardly even mention the friends I have here how much more mentioning a moniker I hardly know...

Please sort whatever you have with frosh and leave me out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Graysons: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

Huh? angry
Who the hell are you and why mentioning me?

Froshloaded, what is going on here?

Look Graysons or whatever you call yourself, let me be and don't try to drag me into any silly drama in here OK?
After all you came mentioning me first and sounding like notasaints. Why didn't you deny it immediately rather you mentioned me the same day with the above moniker stating I address you with it. So I assumed you don't want to be mentioned with Gray. And since then I never mentioned you again. So what's with the letting you rest? I hardly even mention the friends I have here how much more mentioning a moniker I hardly know...

Please sort whatever you have with frosh and leave me out of it.
lady are you mentally unstable? or you are just mad? what do you mean by I sound like who? hello stranger means I sound like someone? you dumb?
oh it is because i emboldened the not a whatever part? you are not only dumb but you are cheap grin grin
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2020
Graysons:
lady are you mentally unstable? or you are just mad? what do you mean by I sound like who? hello stranger means I sound like someone? you dumb?
oh it is because i emboldened the not a whatever part? you are not only dumb but you are cheap grin grin

Why are you pained?
Anyways I know your problem and not in the mood to exchange banters with a nincompoop like you.

You're are clearly pained I ignored your sorry ass.
Sowiii o.
Argue with your keypad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Graysons: 10:33am On Mar 24, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

Why are you pained?
Anyways I know your problem and not in the mood to exchange banters with a nincompoop like you.

You're are clearly pained I ignored your sorry ass.
Sowiii o.
Argue with your keypad.
pained about what? I know you before? tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 24, 2020
Graysons:
pained about what? I know you before? tongue

Then fuc.k off my mentions, You daft!
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Graysons: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

Then fuc.k off my mentions, You daft!
You stupid smelling useless imbeciles what will I be doing in that your rubbish mention if not for that frosh.bla bla dud who keeps confusing me for someone else?

derange Animal.
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Froshloaded: 10:50am On Mar 24, 2020
Jewessgratitudd I've seen your message wink
Re: Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services by Graysons: 10:53am On Mar 24, 2020
Froshloaded:

Mama the mama...
Leave the guy jarey, I was thinking he is not a saints..
at least edith my moniker before you quote someone Mr thinker

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge / Former President, Buhari & Wife Land In Daura (photos) / See What A Nigerian Prison In Kaduna Looks Like (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.