Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:33 AM

Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA (41649 Views)

Elon Musk’s New Device, Enabling Blind People To See, Put On Fast Track By FDA / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus - BREAKING NEWS - Ordinary CHLOROQUINE Used To Treat & Even CURE it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Johnson8976: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2020
see below
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by BruncleZuma: 11:55am On Mar 20, 2020
hardasan:
Everyone wants to use Donald Trump to shine.
What's the difference between the 2 speeches? If chloroquine isn't effective, why are they running trials if it hasn't proven some efficacy?

Because he is a petulant child who jumps to conclusions and obfuscates like an African politician without an iota of fact or truth to backup his assertions and innuendoes.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Randy100: 11:56am On Mar 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
Nigerians will still buy it, swallow and be itching like crazy. If I have my way, i will buy all the piriton. Let them enjoy their scratching
For your mind now, piriton is the only drug use to treat allergic reaction coming from chloroquine.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by keleman992000(m): 11:57am On Mar 20, 2020
All we know is that the president of the world has spoken and we shall obey him ooo. lets implement one hand.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by OdefaGirl(f): 11:57am On Mar 20, 2020
Am mad to see my Unit Head still arguing that there's nothing like Corona virus in Nigeria... instead of equipping herself with the necessary information she needs.... like, what the hell shocked shocked... even if you won't get it, is there any knowledge that is a waste.... I wan just insult her small but I dey fear. This type of character is expected from village women......
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ntyce(m): 11:58am On Mar 20, 2020
YungMike:
To all the Nigerians who purchased the Chloroquine in bulk with intentions to hike the price in order to make insane profits. YOU and YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS shall be the ones to consume all the purchased chloroquine las las.

Are you in the abroad? and you're finding it difficult to call your family and friends in Nigeria because of High call rate?
Say No More..... download the SmileVoice app on your ios or Android phone and hit me up to get the SmileVoice Number. Make calls for as low as 11kb/s + Zero roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact

After cursing some would-be customers, you expect them to patronize you?
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Area4Area: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2020
hardasan:
What's the difference between the 2 speeches? If chloroquine isn't effective, why are they running trials if it hasn't proven some efficacy?
Do you know what you're talking about, don't you know that medical trials fail sometimes and this is the reason getting treatment for a particular ailment can take years because of several failed trials

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Xano(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2020
Lalasticlala, Seun, it took you guys 12 hours to change the misinformation by President Trump, after some individuals mentioned you, directed to some websites including Guardian US website to correct the lie last night. You chose to ignore it. After panic buying of chloroquine, you moved this topic to front page.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by mofedamijo(m): 11:59am On Mar 20, 2020
hardasan:

How is he using Trump to shine?? Do you understand that whatever happens, the FDA Chief will be held responsible, he needed to clear the air and make his stand, Trump doesn't work for the FDA, neither is he a Scientist, now thats a working country.......its under a trial is different from its a cure. There are so many drugs under trial, and chloroquine is one of them, biko whenever you get to a high position in life, don't let anyone speak for your office, including the President, cause at the end of the day, the blame or praises goes to YOU, shalom.

4 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Jman06(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
medTechworld:
hmm.. The cure will be out sooner than later. May God save his children from this virus. Amen!
What a LOVING God we serve!
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by OhiOfIhima: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
It's progress in the right direction. It gave a lot of relief to many people when it was announced that chloroquine can treat it

Which do you think is better to the ears:

There is no cure yet for coronavirus
or
We have found chloroquine effective in treating coronavirus, though it is still in trials

Which news do you think is better?

The news gave lots of relief when it was announced yesterday, I was actually in d mist of my family having d same Corona discussion, boom I open my Facebook only to see d news posted by Punch newspaper, I breath out heavily n I just said there is cure for it posted by RealdonaldTrump, b4 I say finished d headline, my Mom grab d phone from me, I just laugh because I was curious to open d news. We all feel calm n relief that yesterday, I pray the news continue yield positive result.. For d first time in my entire life of over 2.5decades, Jumaat prayers has never for once cancelled but it happen today. I do hope is for d best in control d spreading of the Virus. May Allah protect us all, Amiin.

My Muslim brothers, observe ur normal Zuhri prayer when it d time n if u have a family up to 10, Alhamdullilah, Jumaat prayers is complete. The abstinence from group prayers was boldly mentioned in the Holy Qur'an Insha Allah.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
hardasan:
[s]Everyone wants to use Donald Trump to shine.
What's the difference between the 2 speeches? If chloroquine isn't effective, why are they running trials if it hasn't proven some efficacy?[/s]
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by culf: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
medTechworld:
hmm.. The cure will be out sooner than later. May God save his children from this virus. Amen!

God's children are always safe.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ishitinyourmouf: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2020
noblealuu:
People should be wary of self-medication. You don't just rush into the market and buy off products that are still undergoing clinical trials.

The side effects, complications and contraindications as it relates to the Corona virus are yet to be ascertained.

Let's be patient and stop all this panic buying.
aburo, watch this and shut up abeg. it has been proven by china, we dont need americas approval

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjKRitNedk

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Openbusiness: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
[s]It's progress in the right direction. It gave a lot of relief to many people when it was announced that chloroquine can treat it

or
We have found chloroquine effective in treating coronavirus, though it is still in trials

Which news do you think is better?[/s]
The truth is always better than false hope!

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lorenzop:
That's a country where things work....imagine what will happen to the DG of NAFDAC if he publicly disagrees with Buhari.....when will we get to this level... undecided
Imagine what people like you would have called Buhari if he had committed the kind of blunder Trump committed, only for the DG NAFDAC publicly corrects him

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lorenzop:
That's a country where things work....imagine what will happen to the DG of NAFDAC if he publicly disagrees with Buhari.....when will we get to this level... undecided

A president making unverified statement on live TV is your example of were things work?? shocked

Imagine of PMB has made such unverified statement here, what you and like would be bleating about.

Honestly, The weed you Trump ass-kissers smoke has a truly exceptional potency.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Investnow2017: 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2020
5 new cases in Ghana:
- a 29-year-old woman with no history of travel
- a 34-year-old woman who was in contact with a previously confirmed case
- a 53year-old man with no confirmed contact or history of travel
- a 41-year-old man who had returned from the Netherlands
-a 36-year-old man from Paris, France [source
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorenzop: 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
Osidazz19:

Obviously you don't know Jack about Trump. Trump is the exact one that will fire anyone for going against him. He fired all the people in the white house who told the truth about his Ukranian calls. Even when advised against such moves by members of his own party.

You guys need to educate yourself on real factual news before posting this kinds of trash online.

you are an idio.t....BMC crew member spotted, moro.ns like you are the real reason why incompetence exists in this country...Do you think everyone is a political appointee who can be fired at will? your ignorance is sickening...tufiakwa
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Imagine what people like you would have called Buhari if he had committed the kind of blunder Trump committed, only for the DG NAFDAC publicly corrects him

Lol! You took the words out of my mouth.

I'm not a particular fan of PMB, but the nauseating hypocrisy of these Trump idolizers truly something else.

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorenzop: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
alezzy13:

A president making unverified statement on live TV is your example of were things work?? shocked

Imagine of PMB has made such unverified statement here, what you and like would be bleating about.

Honestly, The weed you Trump ass-kissers smoke has a truly exceptional potency.

how does that comment praise Trump....tufiakwa...you are the worst literate illiterate i have ever seen in my life, sometimes it is good to read to understand before rushing to comment. I leave you to your disastrous level of stupidit.y....
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
hardasan:
You are dull SMH. They conduct trials first and when the drug proves effective, it is then approved for usage to treat the virus. People like you are the reason why Nigeria is dying. You just decide to support Buhari or Goodluck and then you throw your brains to bingo. The man you are supporting becomes God that cannot be criticized.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Babatunde40:
[s]It's progress in the right direction. It gave a lot of relief to many people when it was announced that chloroquine can treat it

or

Which news do you think is better?[/s]

What he did is no different from those telling people to use salt to treat ebola
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nmezor(f): 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Okay, when will the result of the so called trial be known? That's my only interest
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lorenzop:

[s]how does that comment praise Trump....tufiakwa...you are the worst literate illiterate i have ever seen in my life, sometimes it is good to read to understand before rushing to comment. I leave you to your disastrous level of stupidit.y....[/s]

Abeg shut the hell up. Empty, useless, senseless just like your ilk.

Spits

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Osidazz19: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lorenzop:

you are an idio.t....BMC crew member spotted, moro.ns like you are the real reason why incompetence exists in this country...Do you think everyone is a political appointee who can be fired at will? your ignorance is sickening...tufiakwa

Obvious ranting of a delusional retarded brainwashed IPOB terrorist monkey. Keep ranting, the average American like myself knows the truth and we shall vote accordingly come Nov 3rd.
Better start getting your news from real sources instead of radio Biafuro and faux entertainment channel. Bastard monkey, you are worse than monkey, comparing you to a monkey is really an insult to the smart monkeys. You are as dumb as a granite piece of rock.
STFU and FVCK OFF.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
I wonder why the FDA are dribbling about the matter. Trumps point was very clear.

Red tapes are pulled down because there is little time to save lives.

The result of earlier tests look "very promising".

Chloroquine is a drug that has been around for decades, so no need being scared of adverse reactions especially death.

So he wants the FDA to go on with treatment and not go on long trials.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nmezor:
Okay, when will the result of the so called trial be known? That's my only interest

What I am interested in is that there has been promising results from earlier tests.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
Freshfish4:
I was happy when I heard the news yesterday and now this.Which Kain confusion be this nah.

That is why they should lock trump away and let the professionals talk.we are seeing in real time how he bankrupted 4 companies. He is finally in a situation that cannot be lied or NDAed or bullied out of. For all his longing for a time gone past, he is not a leader from those times.

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by 9gerian: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2020
Trump has a lot of enemies who are trying to do him in. That’s why they keep trying to ridicule him.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32074550/
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by vezycash(m): 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
fishjam:
I remember during ebola virus crises.. People went into panic mode to the extent they used salt to take their bath..

And the salt baths killed some of them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer / This Is Why Everyone Is Looking For RUZU! / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.