Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,570 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA (41655 Views)

Elon Musk’s New Device, Enabling Blind People To See, Put On Fast Track By FDA / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus - BREAKING NEWS - Ordinary CHLOROQUINE Used To Treat & Even CURE it (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by vezycash(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
ashacot:
Trump is an IPOB president

Trump is American Buhari.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Bbbwings: 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
hardasan:
Everyone wants to use Donald Trump to shine.
What's the difference between the 2 speeches? If chloroquine isn't effective, why are they running trials if it hasn't proven some efficacy?
There is no difference undecided
Go school mba

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Afolabimills(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
YungMike:
To all the Nigerians who purchased the Chloroquine in bulk with intentions to hike the price in order to make insane profits. YOU and YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS shall be the ones to consume all the purchased chloroquine las las.amen

Are you in the abroad? and you're finding it difficult to call your family and friends in Nigeria because of High call rate?
Say No More..... download the SmileVoice app on your ios or Android phone and hit me up to get the SmileVoice Number. Make calls for as low as 11kb/s + Zero roaming charges.

Check my signature for contact
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
TONYE001:
The POTUS didn't say chloroquine or hydroxychloroqune are confirmed drugs for COVID-19 treatment.

It's at the clinical trial stage and it promises to be helpful.

I tire. His point was very clear.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by AFONJACOW(m): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2020
Does it mean, nah excess chloroquine that nurse Eliza chuked on my bum bum and thigh make may I Neva contract coro19 despite living in chinko enclave That woman nearly kee me those days, with chloroquine whether I sick or I no sick she must give me enough dose , the thing scratch me die ooo
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nmezor(f): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

What I am interested in is that there has been promising results from earlier tests.
oh I see

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ericuzor(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
frankmoney:
Nigerians have already started taking the drugs as a vaccine . I wonder why Nigerians are so guillible they will never understand something before swallowing it Hook line and sinker I'm very sure most of them never understood what Trump said yesterday , they just heard chloroquine and all of them started buying
Nigerians are not gullible chloroquine works against corona virus for trump to make it public he is not stupid and Chinese citizens in Wuhan are using it already because chloroquine is cheap all this multi million dollar pharmaceutical company will not make profit now they want to demeaning what trump said and bring out a drug with a good price tag on it to make more billions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by edoairways: 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
noblealuu:
People should be wary of self-medication. You don't just rush into the market and buy off products that are still undergoing clinical trials.

The side effects, complications and contraindications as it relates to the Corona virus are yet to be ascertained.

Let's be patient and stop all this panic buying.

But I have bought 2 Satchets today. See below, in case cheesy
grin grin
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
what's the difference? Cloroquine are used as trial medecine.. So it's possible that Cloroquine would still help.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorenzop: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
Osidazz19:

Obvious ranting of a delusional retarded brainwashed IPOB terrorist monkey. Keep ranting, the average American like myself knows the truth and we shall vote accordingly come Nov 3rd.
Better start getting your news from real sources instead of radio Biafuro and faux entertainment channel. Bastard monkey, you are worse than monkey, comparing you to a monkey is really an insult to the smart monkeys. You are as dumb as a granite piece of rock.
STFU and FVCK OFF.

average american my as.s......mum.u wey no sabi airport.....simple sentence you can't comprehend yet the idio.t is claiming American, the stench of your ignorance is alarmingly disturbing, go and purge yourself before i consider you fit enough to argue constructively on here...dumb.o
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorenzop: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
alezzy13:

Abeg shut the hell up. Empty, useless, senseless just like your ilk.

Spits

what else can you say other than rain abuses...absolutely nothing coz you can only wail and cry out your empty brains. zom.bie
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nmezor:
oh I see

"We're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately, and that's where the FDA has been so great. They've gone through the approval process, it's been approved. And they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we're going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states," Trump said.

This is where the misunderstanding comes from. Trump did not mean the FDA has approved the drug but he has endorsed the FDA to go on and try to treat patients with chloroquine.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2020
noblealuu:
People should be wary of self-medication. You don't just rush into the market and buy off products that are still undergoing clinical trials.

The side effects, complications and contraindications as it relates to the Corona virus are yet to be ascertained.

Let's be patient and stop all this panic buying.

But I have bought 2 Satchets today. See below, in case cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Smart guy

I went to a pharmacy and was told Chloroquine that used to retail for 200 naira is now 1200 naira. We are our own greatest problem in this country. Just imagine the price hike in 24 hours angry

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Investnow2017: 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
Not to worry, over 80,000 affected persons have been successfully treated worldwide, although some 10,400+ have died and over 6,500+ are still in serious or critical condition. The virus is treatable.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
To the incorrigible idiots tryin tooth and nail to hold brief for their liar-in-chief, get this right:

Chloroquine has NOT been approved as a cure for Corona virus. And even if it were, it's should not be him announcing it in such a manner.

There's such a thing as 'off label' use where physicians use the drug for a non-approved ailment under strict conditions.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by tboydbrave(m): 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
This is why it's best to allow the professionals do the talking. It's their job. Make no mistake if this was buhari the same people hailing trump should have murdered him by now online. Not supporting his continued silence on the matter. Even trump should allow the professionals do their jobs.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by alezzy13: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

"We're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately, and that's where the FDA has been so great. They've gone through the approval process, it's been approved. And they took it down from many, many months to immediate. So we're going to be able to make that drug available by prescription or states," Trump said.

This is where the misunderstanding comes from. Trump did not mean the FDA has approved the drug but he has endorsed the FDA to go on and try to treat patients with chloroquine.

Trump: Drug has been approved

You: he didn't mean it has been approved.

Okay ooooo

cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nmezor(f): 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I
Alright, anyway let's wait for the outcome then

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
alezzy13:
To the incorrigible idiots tryin tooth and nail to hold brief for their liar-in-chief, get this right:

Chloroquine has NOT been approved as a cure for Corona virus. And even if it were, it's should not be him announcing it in such a manner.

There's such a thing as 'off label' use where physicians use the drug for a non-approved ailment under strict conditions.

This is the major issue with the average Nigerian - we can never put forward our idea or information without insults. Shame, shame, shame undecided
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by mvem(m): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
xynerise:
Nigerians don't wait for confirmed news before reacting
do you guyz read at all....The FDA head said the drug is in clinical trial and the result of the trials on patients will determine if it will be officially confirmed as a Covid-19 drug
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by mvem(m): 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2020
BruncleZuma:

Because he is a petulant child who jumps to conclusions and obfuscates like an African politician without an iota of fact or truth to backup his assertions and innuendoes.
do you guyz read at all....The FDA head said the drug is in clinical trial and the result of the trials on patients will determine if it will be officially confirmed as a Covid-19 drug
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by mvem(m): 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
bodejohn:
Even American citizens are not panic buying or using chloroquine, they are rather asking him to keep queit!
Nigerians!!!
The FDA head said the drug is on clinical trial and the result of the trials on patients will determine if it will be officially confirmed as a Covid-19 drug
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by CanadaOrBust: 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2020
Freshfish4:
I was happy when I heard the news yesterday and now this.Which Kain confusion be this nah.
mvem, bodejohn, mvem, akinjojo1234, alezzy13, BruncleZuma, Nmezor, TheGoodJoe, Osidazz19, Lorenzop, Holamilekan97

America sef. Something that China confirmed back in February without fanfare - chloroquine is why they have turned the corner.

*copied*
Published on Feb 17, 2020
Officials from the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology have said clinical trials show a conventional anti-malarial drug is effective in treating coronavirus patients. Experts have confirmed the drug is safe to use, as it's been on the market for many years. They also said certain traditional Chinese medicines are effective in alleviating symptoms. In addition, the National Health Commission said early diagnosis and treatment are an effective approach, which is reflected in the declining number of severe cases. Meanwhile, China is
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by perryy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
Chloroquine has long been used in China with great result. America should go to hell with thier capitalist mentality and unhealthy politics.
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by chachanga: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
ishitinyourmouf:
thunder fire una. so because chna came with the cure, you idiotswant to be political about it?
china has clearly said they are curing all corona virus cases with chloroquin. and thy have prooved it. who the Bleep needs validation from you?
we are talking of something that has practically cured corona an this ones are here blabbing rubbish. i just bought 20 packs. Bleep trump. more grease to china elbows. china have proven and approved it to be used. Bleep usa. the most funny and annoying shit is that america dosnt even want to give credit to china for coming up with the cue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBjKRitNedk
Leave them, so many of them spitting crap like thoughtless goats this platform, hopeless herd-instinct dolts without working brain cells. They rush to make silly comments in similitude of one another as though trying to outpace themselves for who can be the most stoopid.
Not an ounce of self-research, they just keep vomiting, ingesting and regurgitating one another's same old foul putrid brain-sh!t so dismissively with so much venom angry
Forget about Buhari, PDP, APC etc, even with this generation of thoughtless online vagabonds, Nigeria is hopeless.

Young toads are out here condemning as if independent research outlets ain't available. No one's debating the science but outchia steady condemning/approving just in hearsay.

For those saying "the minister said..."...
I guess it's now their ministers and health infrastructure are no longer inadequate... Half the cats on here never have one original thought on what to say, they just wait for some other dumb dolt to post bullshit, then they all post same sh!t in similar order...

Well, Nigeria cares for them, their Govt's got their back enough for them to be so militantly pro-Govt & stoopid

let em have fun

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Lorenzop: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Osidazz19:

Dumb ass retard. I have been traveling the world over before you were conceived not to talk of being born.

When I go to the polls to vote against your orangutan orange clown on November 3rd, I dare you and your fore fathers to come and stop me from voting as an American.

Argue constructively? Your father lack the knowledge to argue with me not to talk of a retarded slowpoke like you.

Deformed, delusional and deranged Aba baby factory product of a 1000 rounds from drunk customers by a shithole mother.

FVCK off.

chei...its obvious you were birthed by a prostitute and a drug addict...a #100 condom could have avoided a calamity like you. otunne gi
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Kceee: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2020
booking of space for future references
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2020
fishjam:
I remember during ebola virus crises.. People went into panic mode to the extent they used salt to take their bath.. Nigerians and unnecessary panic are 5 & 6. Pls who can assist me with little cash.. 0049 691 880 gtb. Any amount is okay. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. God bless you greatly
Stop panicking about Money!! undecided
Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by freethesheeple(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
fishjam:
I remember during ebola virus crises.. People went into panic mode to the extent they used salt to take their bath.. Nigerians and unnecessary panic are 5 & 6. Pls who can assist me with little cash.. 0049 691 880 gtb. Any amount is okay. I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. God bless you greatly

sell your phone and make use of the money Realised.....God bless U.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Hahn: Chloroquine Has Not Been Approved By FDA by ishitinyourmouf: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
chachanga:

Leave them, so many of them spitting crap like thoughtless goats this platform, hopeless herd-instinct dolts without working brain cells. They rush to make silly comments in similitude of one another as though trying to outpace themselves for who can be the most stoopid.
Not an ounce of self-research, they just keep vomiting, ingesting and regurgitating one another's same old foul putrid brain-sh!t so dismissively with so much venom angry
Forget about Buhari, PDP, APC etc, even with this generation of thoughtless online vagabonds, Nigeria is hopeless.

Young toads are out here condemning as if independent research outlets ain't available. No one's debating the science but outchia steady condemning/approving just in hearsay.

For those saying "the minister said..."...
I guess it's now their ministers and health infrastructure are no longer inadequate... Half the cats on here never have one original thought on what to say, they just wait for some other dumb dolt to post bullshit, then they all post same sh!t in similar order...

Well, Nigeria cares for them, their Govt's got their back enough for them to be so militantly pro-Govt & stoopid

let em have fun

i am happy to see one person with brain in this forum. all i have been seeing are just a bunch of un informed bastards. this virus is not as serious as the useless white media tries to paint it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Help Ubong To Totally Recover From Cancer / This Is Why Everyone Is Looking For RUZU! / Lasaka Habila, Policeman Electrocuted In Abuja While Cutting Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.