Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent (22718 Views)

Yorubas Whose Mothers Are Of Igbo Descent Hv Said Dat Dey Will Support PeterObi / Kenyans Authorities Continue To Arrest Nigerians Of Igbo Descent. / I Didnt Tell Yahaya Bello To Defect To Accord Party – Gov Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by selemempe: 10:18am On Mar 27, 2020
Armaggedon:
I don't bother about the opinion of amarabae and ChinenyeN because they have a history of emotional approach to Igbo identity issues. Meleszenawi himself is even anti Biafra. I only have problem with pazienza who has been a pan Igbo champion but has allowed frustrations arising from Igbo denials get the better part of him that he started doing the opposite of what he was known for.

pazienza fall hand sha...he started attaching too much emotion to the ikwere identity crisis and got burnt
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 27, 2020
SLAP44:

Audio Anambra grin

Baba face your state in Kaduna, that you spent a lot of time in Onitsha and learnt a few sense can never make you Igbo.

Weak argument don't add anything to strong argument.

If your future, destiny and voting pattern is tied to Ikwerre,....The future of Omambala is not tied to any damn human being....

Our voting pattern are different, our destinies are different...we are our own people and decide our own future.....Here, we don't give a hoot about others....

Chase your destinies and shadows with Ikwerre alone and count Omambala out...
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 27, 2020
SLAP44:

Same way those in denial in Ikwerre fed fat on your northern ignorance since 1970 but go back at night and felicitate with their Igbo brothers each time they need anything. We vote together because out destinies are tied together.

Blood is thicker than water, how can you, a northerner understand that.

Non of my business again as far Obiano doesn't pay any dime further to the group.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 27, 2020
selemempe:
the ohaneze secretary is currently doing that....he has not been beaten...mumu sombori

He is feeding fat off you guys emotions when his state don't even pay one naira to Ohanaeze..Lol.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by selemempe: 10:24am On Mar 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

He is feeding fat off you guys emotions when his state don't even pay one naira to Ohanaeze..Lol.
ok but nobody has broken his neck na...lol

Goal post shifter...fact bender

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 27, 2020
selemempe:
ok but nobody has broken his neck na...lol

Goal post shifter...fact bender

Well he can enjoy his God given free food. My only happiness is that Obiano has stopped paying any allocation to the group even Nnia nwodo confirmed it.

So let him enjoy the free food una dey give. It would have concern me if allocation from my state still goes to the group.

Nonsense.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by nengibo: 10:32am On Mar 27, 2020
ChinenyeN:

By far and large, they've excluded themselves as a population. So the conversation is more so about whether or not it is worth it for Igbo to pester them into including themselves again, despite the population's sentiment and anti-Igbo rhetoric.
Ok
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Lcf69(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2020
Ezemust:
whe ameachi was governor he won igbo best governor of the year

Guy!!! Ps,do remember Ameachi is a Politician,who craves n badly needs the Electoral widespread in the entirety of Nigeria.And,need I remind you also that, Ameachi is married to his industrious Hearthrob,Who's an Igbo woman and by virtue of that,also entitles him the honour,given our ethical mindset of any "Honourable Marriage"in our culture n tradition in Nigeria,Africa and even the world over.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammer0: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2020
Armaggedon:
what is your own solution to the problem?

Below is the Official new policy on how Igbo will be handling the Ikwere dat deny Igbo. My brothers above, una welcome.

Selemempe, u have spoken wisely.

hammer0:

My own solution is simple.

Be patient with them.

Encourage marriage with them becos it seems some of them married Ijaw and that is affecting them too.

Thirdly, have lots of joint venture with them and take every opportunity to tell dem dey are Igbos and always expect them to deny but tell dem anyway and not get angry.

selemempe:
lol but you were the emotional one in the room. You are afraid of being insulted when you say ikwere are igbos...lol

You should know that we know that they hate igbos... you are not telling us something new...lol but we also know how nations are created..hence the reason why for every ikwere person who claims ikwere is not igbo, you will have two igbos who will show up to piss him or her off by telling him the real truth without remorse.... you should learn that or quit discussing the topic
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by gidgiddy: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2020
Amarabae:

The fraudster just parked at oyigbo .
E for enter ikwerre land, make rumuohnaikwerre boys tear am into two ....
I believe in live and let's live.
I love Igbo nation,
Stay on your own and allow them stay on their own.
You don't want, na their oil and ph city you de eye.
Criminal nnamdi kanu slaves.
Come and take it na.

Well at least Nnamdi Kanu is preaching that people be given the right to choose their identity via a democractic referendum. Nobody can dent that this honourable

Its much better than you Nigerians who have since adopted the identity that Lugards girlfriend chose for you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammer0: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2020
[s]
Amarabae:

Just rest from arguing with them.
Their psyche is messed up by that albino fraudster, their saviour.
Just rest and ignore them.
They will be alright Las Las.
Most of them are jobless and still living with their parents despite being over 35.
They are lords of online trolling,
I trust ikwerre people, leave nairaland, go to their communities and try rubbish.
Even the albino fraudster sensed danger and stayed away from ikwerre land
[/s]

Nnamdi Kanu is the greatest Biafran man alive today.

And an example to Igbo leaders and dat includes the Ikwere.

Kiss the truth.

None of your politicians alive and dead, even state Governors, Senators, Reps, local chairman, can get this close, let us learn to respect greatness, when we see an ordinary citizen like us, doing great and extraordinary things.

He is accepted into potus security parameter.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
Armaggedon:
I don't bother about the opinion of amarabae and ChinenyeN because they have a history of emotional approach to Igbo identity issues. Meleszenawi himself is even anti Biafra. I only have problem with pazienza who has been a pan Igbo champion but has allowed frustrations arising from Igbo denials get the better part of him that he started doing the opposite of what he was known for.

I am not anti-biafra nwokem..
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by SonOfEl(m): 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
read Tonto Dike's remark about her igboness and also marrying an igbo person:

The Guardian Guardian Life

Everything you need to live well

WHAT'S NEW
Tonto Dikeh Denies Saying She Can’t Marry An Igbo Man
BY AKINWALE AKINYOADE
06 MAY 2019 | 6:00 PM
Popular Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has denied viral reports that she said in a 2012 interview that she can’t marry an Igbo man.

The mother of one has taken to social media to deny the claims with a disclaimer.

She wrote:

“DISCLAIMER:

I have heard and read a couple of times about this topic and I am actually totally shocked at this!!

I have never granted an interview saying such nonsense, I am practically Igbo.

I always said it years back that I didn’t have any Facebook account and anything at that time that came from Facebook under my name was not from me.

I only just joined Facebook a few years ago. Also I made a disclaimer eight years ago on Twitter about this issue.

Also, as said by the invisible Tonto that I was raised by a poor father and had to sleep under bridges to make a living! Too bad. That’s far from my case, I came from money and lived an average childhood with everything I ever needed at my feet, went to the best schools in my community!!

Don’t get deceived by the media, if I said it, I will boldly stand to it!!

No media house can make claim to this interview so please my people these are not my words.

#Enough is Enough.”

This is coming on the heels of Dikeh being in a long war of allegations with her ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill. Their accusations and counter-accusations against each other have been extending for so long that the Actors Guild of Nigeria recently threatened Dikeh with a sanction if she doesn’t take her marital issues of social media.

Read More
Tonto Dikeh Pledges Support For Jussie Smollett
Tonto Dikeh Talks Fake Celebrity Habits
Olakunle Churchill Talks About His Failed Marriage To Tonto Dikeh
Tonto Dikeh Talks About Dating In Nollywood
Actors Guild of Nigeria Issues Warning To Tonto Dikeh

In this article:
celebrity marriagemarriageOlakunle ChurchillTonto Dikeh
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421

RELATED
Meghan Markle

WHAT'S NEW
Meghan Markle Returns To Acting With Disney Film "Elephant"
58 MINS AGO

WHAT'S NEW
Nigerians React As Senators Get New Cars
11 MINS AGO

WHAT'S NEW
Keeping Up With The Kardashians: Kim And Kourtney Engage In Fist Fight
20 MINS AGO

HomeAbout UsFlightsAdvertise With UsTerms
© 2020 Guardian Newspapers. All Rights Reserved.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
gidgiddy:

Well at least Nnamdi Kanu is preaching that people be given the right to choose their identity via a democractic referendum. Nobody can dent that this honourable

Its much better than you Nigerians who have since adopted the identity that Lugards girlfriend chose for you all.

Are you not contradicting yourself...

Then why forcing Ikwerre to be Igbo since they have chosen their Identity as Ikwerre.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by SonOfEl(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Then why forcing Ikwerre to be Igbo since they have chosen their Identity as Ikwerre.

not all of them deny being igbo..... so take them as they come, although in an inconsequential manner.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2020
SonOfEl:

not all of them deny being igbo..... so take them as they come, although in an inconsequential manner.

All of them needs to be quarantined together...and Isolated accordingly.

We shouldn't even be discussing about Ikwerre issue in this 21st century...

Only emotional wrecks have time to claim people who don't want you.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Odingo1: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ikwerre remain Igbos until they stop speaking Igbo and stop bearing Igbo names. They should start to speak Bini and bear Bini names.

When they commit crime with their Igbo names, others will call Igbos bad names without knowing if person is Ikwerre, ika or Igbanke.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammer0: 12:21pm On Mar 27, 2020
Odingo1:
Ikwerre remain Igbos until they stop speaking Igbo and stop bearing Igbo names. They should start to speak Bini and bear Bini names.

When they commit crime with their Igbo names, others will call Igbos bad names without knowing if person is Ikwerre, ika or Igbanke.

ALL THIS IKA AND IKWERE PEOPLE ANSWERING IGBO NAMES WILL COMMIT CRIME AND YORUBA AND HAUSA WILL SAY IT IS IGBO.

SO WHO IS FOOLING WHO HERE.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by ChinenyeN(m): 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2020
A gala dị la ịgba awhna ke m la whne na to..

Look, the message is simple. The Ikwerre as a community have already made their sentiments and official position known. They couldn't care less about having anything to do with Igbo. This is a plain, simple and verifiable position.

So it is one thing to say, "we want to continue roping in more and more stragglers until we rope them all", and it is another to act oblivious to the current anti-Igbo rhetoric and sentiment by saying that Ikwerre should be part of your [ethnic-]nation, when they've already made it clear that they don't like you. Nor do they want to be friends with you.

We are talking about something current. We are remarking on an ongoing track record, and some of us (such as myself) are saying we should mind our own business and focus on providing tangible sustainability for ourselves, instead of spending countless man-hours trying to convince people that do not like us to be part of us. Yet, you want to call us the emotional ones here.

The only emotional ones are the Ikwerre who flare up at any mention of proximity and relations with Igbo. You want to continue having hot debates with them about their "origin" and "culture" and "language" as if any of that actually matters. At the end of the day, they'll still tell the world that they don't know who you are.

That is madness on your part. Please, let us just focus on building something whole with what we have already as it is and keep moving. If there are any more reasonable ones like Okwukwu, then they will undoubtedly show up when the scene is right. No one wants to join apparent losers.

You're even devaluing the prestige of your "Igbo" club by begging vocal anti-Igbo people to join you. For the sake of all of our collective and respective eke, what sort of sense does this even make? None. We should just focus on ourselves and keep moving. If they like, they'll show up. If they don't, it won't be anything new.

I guess after this anything else I say will just end up being a repeat, so if you have questions or disagreement, simply refer back to the statements above. There is a response for you in here somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Ojiofor: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

An Ikwerri man is the current secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and in few years time one of them will become president general.
They are still participating actively in Igbo social gathering and no one is forcing them to belong.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2020
Armaggedon:

That's were you're showing your naivety. until you stop Igbos from giving them preferential treatment over non Igbo's in marriage matters.

No one gives them preference over non Igbos in marriages. Igbos intermarry with all minority ethnic groups in defunct Eastern region. From Ijaw, to Ogoni, to Ibibio/Annang/Efik, to Ekoids.
It just so happened that Ikwerre men have insatiable taste for Igbo women rather than marrying their own women, the prefer to marry our ladies, they even discuss about it in their forums, it's a big issue for them.
Marriage issues are not national issues,they are individual issues, so I don't know the naivety you speak of.

Until you stop your govt from making the east pay for their sins while rewarding them as minorities in matters of natural resources.

We don't have control over this. But we have control over who should be Igbo and who shouldn't, we have the power to ensure that Igboid groups who want to exploit our pains at the hands of FG for their own clannish upflitment are thwarted.
We have the power to ensure that only groups willing to suffer with us and beat the FG hurdles gets the right to be Igbo. We have the power to weed off and baracade off opportunists like Ikwerres who has cunningly mastered the delicate act of taking advantage of our own pains for their own political and economic advancement.
A wise people would exercise this power, while an emotional people will not. You are the emotional one who can't separate opportunists from real kins, I'm the ruthless one who is ready to throw the opportunists under the bus and move the Igbo forward. A brother who cannot identify with you to see off a bully, and is too quick to deny kinship with you when the bully approaches, because he doesn't want to sustain injuries for standing with you, but is only willing to identify with you, only if you are able to overcome the bully, is no brother, because trust me, the whole school will identify with you when you win the bully, you will be a fool to continue referring to this opportunist as a brother. Don't get it twisted, I was once in your boat, but I grew, I evolved, I got over emotions with time, and now I can see clearly, you might one day do same, but I hope it doesn't you long, because we can't afford to waste another 50yrs.

until you make your govt operate a clearly defined ethnic boundary, ethnic population figures not just for indigenous language and cultural preservation, but to ensure that policies have a clearly defined path, then your rants will go unnoticed. These are structural issues designed by fulani govt supported by britain. It should be handled in a reasonable way.

Again, you speak of things not within our control, while I speak on things within our control. We are Igbos,we might not be able to decide who is Igbo, but we sure have the power to decide who isn't. We simply expel them from our ethnic organizations, and raise hell whenever any Nigerian tries to label them Igbos. We do this, we would have set a solid foundation for out next advancement.

BBC held a townhall last year. Bbc Hausa did for north which includes many non Hausa speakers, BBC Yoruba did for sw including Lagos and kwara, while BBC Igbo did for SE and Delta Igbo excluding an Igbo majority Rivers state, which was left to BBC pidgin to conduct.

This is my problem with people like you. Your emotions blind you from seeing what's is starring right at you. You keep making up excuses for those Igbophobic Igboids in Rivers state, you are too emotional to see the truth. You blame everyone but those Igboids for their own actions, you blame their fellow minorities,especially the Ijaws for Igboids Igbophobia, you blame the FG, now you are blaming BBC.
Did it not occur to you that those Igboids were not included in BBC Igbo, because unlike you who sit in your arm chair and making up your own opinions based on sentiments and emotions, the BBC crew actually visited those communities, carried out research and found out they wanted nothing to do with anything relating to Igbo, hence why they were not put in BBC Igbo?
Any Igbo who ever lived in Rumu villages know that Rumu people are always upset when they find out that as an Igbo, you can understand what they speak and call Ikwerrelanguage? Those lots don't want anything to do with Igbo, be it Igbo politics, Igbo language, or Igbo people.

If given option between Igbo and Hausa language, these people will choose Hausa language.
BBC did no wrong, BBC unlike you are not interested in foisting things on people, they obeyed the people wish.
In Delta Igbo, there is a very good balance of Anti and Pro Igbo groups, with Asaba/Prof Edozien being pro Igbo and Asaba being the most important city in Anioma,the pro Igbo group there will always win it.
I belong to an Enuani facebook page, when BBC Igbo did a documentary on Asaba massacre and on a female pilot from Ibuzo and it posted on the group.
Not a single voice in the group contested why they were being grouped as Igbo. They all related with the language. Even the characters there who were against being labelled Igbo on a different thread there , had no problem with BBC labelling them Igbo.
Let BBC Igbo try and run a documentary on an Ogba, Etche or Ikwerre person and try to pass them off as Igbos, hell will break lose.
You might like to continue engaging in self deceit, but I don't.

If BBC could do it in Hausa for the entire north without considering other non ethnic hausas, why doing it in pidgin in rivers state were majority speak Igbo? is there any ethnic group in Nigeria that speak pidgin as their first language?

Northern minorities hold not a single animosity towards Hausa people and Hausa language, they don't consider Hausas threat, neither do they hate anything relating to Hausa, if you ever lived in the North, you will know this.

why do you think IPOB always call out BBC?

Because IPOB hierarchy are only interested in emotionalism and not pragmatism, just like you are currently exhibiting.

They were only acting out a policy handed to them by the British and Fulani govt. A policy targeted at unifying the north and Dividing Igboland.

Nobody is dividing Igboland. Nobody can divide a people who want to stay together. Those Igboids will die than be called Igbo, the Hausa-Fulani did nothing, better stop the self deceit.
The war ended since 1970, Rivers state is not governed by any Hausa-Fulani man.

It's called identity politics and its largely (but not entirely) caused by state partitioning instead of state creation. There is a lot of make-belief in politics. Dismantle the Fulani imposed structure which place Igbo's against each other and watch that fizzle away. Your ranting is counter productive.

The Hausa-Fulani did nothing without the cooperation of those Igboids, they Hausa-Fulani only helped them achieve their heart wishes. The Umuezekhoha clan are in Benue (Northern Nigeria) they have been there since 1970, yet still retain their Igbo identity and long for unification with us till today. The Yorubas in Kogi have been in Northern region since 1938, yet they identify as Yorubas and always proud to relate with Yorubas, recently when SW started Amotekun, the Kogi and Kwara leaders sent letters to SW leaders to include them. BBC crew did their homework and found out the people were comfortable with their Yoruba identity, hence why they were put in BBC Yoruba.

When Northern Sudan saw that self determination in south was gathering pace, Sudan's govt partitioned south Sudan in away that would trigger mutual suspicion among the southern groups as they did in the Eastern region. But dimka the biggest group in the south handled it with tact and today, they are free. This is what I expect to do instead of the emotion laden approach of cutting your nose to spite your face in frustration.

The tact here would be to completely acknowledge Ikwerre and their bandwagoners(Etche, Ogba, Ekpeye, etc) independence clamour by expelling Ikwerre persons from all Igbo organizations and making sure to publicly disgrace any Ikwerre who tries to claim Igbo in public.
Then we can reach out to Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye, etc as independent ethnic groups and as mere neighbours and nothing more, just as we reach out to Ijaws, Ogoni, etc, and device means to work on our freedom.
The Dimka didn't work with other ethnic groups in South Sudan as members of Dimka ethnic group, but as independent ethnic groups of their own.
We can and should still work with Ikwerres in matters of mutual interests, but never as members of Igbo ethnic group, if for any reason our interest involves throwing Ikwerres under the bus, we should not blink an eye to do it, knowing fully well that when reversed, they will not hesitate to do same to us.

6 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ojiofor:

An Ikwerri man is the current secretary general of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and in few years time one of them will become president general.
They are still participating actively in Igbo social gathering and no one is forcing them to belong.

Like I said earlier they are feeding fact from your emotions. His state contributes nothing to Ohanaeze coffer as demanded but feeds from other. I congratulate his diligence on that. My only happiness is that Ansg has stopped paying anything to Ohanaeze for a long time.

Goodluck..
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by SlayerForever: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

They hate reality.

Especially the Enugu folks like selemempe and slap44......They love to dream alot.

Let them continue dreaming coz soon we are going to float Omambala ethnic nationality worldwide...grin

Shut up you clown.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Look, the message is simple. The Ikwerre as a community have already made their sentiments and official position known. They couldn't care less about having anything to do with Igbo. This is a plain, simple and verifiable position.

So it is one thing to say, "we want to continue roping in more and more stragglers until we rope them all", and it is another to act oblivious to the current anti-Igbo rhetoric and sentiment by saying that Ikwerre should be part of your [ethnic-]nation, when they've already made it clear that they don't like you. Nor do they want to be friends with you.

We are talking about something current. We are remarking on an ongoing track record, and some of us (such as myself) are saying we should mind our own business and focus on providing tangible sustainability for ourselves, instead of spending countless man-hours trying to convince people that do not like us to be part of us. Yet, you want to call us the emotional ones here.

The only emotional ones are the Ikwerre who flare up at any mention of proximity and relations with Igbo. You want to continue having hot debates with them about their "origin" and "culture" and "language" as if any of that actually matters. At the end of the day, they'll still tell the world that they don't know who you are.

That is madness on your part. Please, let us just focus on building something whole with what we have already as it is and keep moving. If there are any more reasonable ones like Okwukwu, then they will undoubtedly show up when the scene is right. No one wants to join apparent losers.

You're even devaluing the prestige of your "Igbo" club by begging vocal anti-Igbo people to join you. For the sake of all of our collective and respective eke, what sort of sense does this even make? None. We should just focus on ourselves and keep moving. If they like, they'll show up. If they don't, it won't be anything new.

I guess after this anything else I say will just end up being a repeat, so if you have questions or disagreement, simply refer back to the statements above. There is a response for you in here somewhere.

And so I hold. Fully agree with you.

1 Like

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Ojiofor: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Like I said earlier they are feeding fact from your emotions. His state contributes nothing to Ohanaeze coffer as demanded but feeds from other. I congratulate his diligence on that. My only happiness is that Ansg has stopped paying anything to Ohanaeze for a long time.

Goodluck..

How do you know they are not contributing?
They should have rejected membership of Ohanaeze outrightly if they were not Igbos.
As for Anambra state,don't even go there.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ojiofor:

They should have rejected membership of Ohanaeze outrightly if they were not Igbos.

So if they put sugar in your mouth , you will spit it out?
Nawao!
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ojiofor:

His state pays nothing to Ohanaeze, it is a well known fact. How do you expect anything from them when they have their own ogbakor, and others have their own group..

As for Ansg, nwodo made the statement by himself, so it is not a folklore...It is a reality...not matter of don't go there.

And I love that, wasting scarce resources on con-men.....Is either you go back to your people or your state contributes what others are contributing.
Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 4:04pm On Mar 27, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Common sense that doesn't seem to be common these days in Igboland.
How did we descend to this level as a people?

Iheukwumere!

2 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammer0: 4:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
pazienza:

Common sense that doesn't seem to be common these days in Igboland.
How did we descend to this level as a people?

Iheukwumere!

U are siding with those against igbo unity

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by selemempe: 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
pazienza:
Armaggedon:

No one gives them preference over non Igbos in marriages. Igbos intermarry with all minority ethnic groups in defunct Eastern region. From Ijaw, to Ogoni, to Ibibio/Annang/Efik, to Ekoids.
It just so happened that Ikwerre men have insatiable taste for Igbo women rather than marrying their own women, the prefer to marry our ladies, they even discuss about it in their forums, it's a big issue for them.
Marriage issues are not national issues,they are individual issues, so I don't know the naivety you speak of.

We don't have control over this. But we have control over who should be Igbo and who shouldn't, we have the power to ensure that Igboid groups who want to exploit our pains at the hands of FG for their own clannish upflitment are thwarted.
We have the power to ensure that only groups willing to suffer with us and beat the FG hurdles gets the right to be Igbo. We have the power to weed off and baracade off opportunists like Ikwerres who has cunningly mastered the delicate act of taking advantage of our own pains for their own political and economic advancement.
A wise people would exercise this power, while an emotional people will not. You are the emotional one who can't separate opportunists from real kins, I'm the ruthless one who is ready to throw the opportunists under the bus and move the Igbo forward. A brother who cannot identify with you to see off a bully, and is too quick to deny kinship with you when the bully approaches, because he doesn't want to sustain injuries for standing with you, but is only willing to identify with you, only if you are able to overcome the bully, is no brother, because trust me, the whole school will identify with you when you win the bully, you will be a fool to continue referring to this opportunist as a brother. Don't get it twisted, I was once in your boat, but I grew, I evolved, I got over emotions with time, and now I can see clearly, you might one day do same, but I hope it doesn't you long, because we can't afford to waste another 50yrs.

Again, you speak of things not within our control, while I speak on things within our control. We are Igbos,we might not be able to decide who is Igbo, but we sure have the power to decide who isn't. We simply expel them from our ethnic organizations, and raise hell whenever any Nigerian tries to label them Igbos. We do this, we would have set a solid foundation for out next advancement.

This is my problem with people like you. Your emotions blind you from seeing what's is starring right at you. You keep making up excuses for those Igbophobic Igboids in Rivers state, you are too emotional to see the truth. You blame everyone but those Igboids for their own actions, you blame their fellow minorities,especially the Ijaws for Igboids Igbophobia, you blame the FG, now you are blaming BBC.
Did it not occur to you that those Igboids were not included in BBC Igbo, because unlike you who sit in your arm chair and making up your own opinions based on sentiments and emotions, the BBC crew actually visited those communities, carried out research and found out they wanted nothing to do with anything relating to Igbo, hence why they were not put in BBC Igbo?
Any Igbo who ever lived in Rumu villages know that Rumu people are always upset when they find out that as an Igbo, you can understand what they speak and call Ikwerrelanguage? Those lots don't want anything to do with Igbo, be it Igbo politics, Igbo language, or Igbo people.

If given option between Igbo and Hausa language, these people will choose Hausa language.
BBC did no wrong, BBC unlike you are not interested in foisting things on people, they obeyed the people wish.
In Delta Igbo, there is a very good balance of Anti and Pro Igbo groups, with Asaba/Prof Edozien being pro Igbo and Asaba being the most important city in Anioma,the pro Igbo group there will always win it.
I belong to an Enuani facebook page, when BBC Igbo did a documentary on Asaba massacre and on a female pilot from Ibuzo and it posted on the group.
Not a single voice in the group contested why they were being grouped as Igbo. They all related with the language. Even the characters there who were against being labelled Igbo on a different thread there , had no problem with BBC labelling them Igbo.
Let BBC Igbo try and run a documentary on an Ogba, Etche or Ikwerre person and try to pass them off as Igbos, hell will break lose.
You might like to continue engaging in self deceit, but I don't.

Northern minorities hold not a single animosity towards Hausa people and Hausa language, they don't consider Hausas threat, neither do they hate anything relating to Hausa, if you ever lived in the North, you will know this.

Because IPOB hierarchy are only interested in emotionalism and not pragmatism, just like you are currently exhibiting.

Nobody is dividing Igboland. Nobody can divide a people who want to stay together. Those Igboids will die than be called Igbo, the Hausa-Fulani did nothing, better stop the self deceit.
The war ended since 1970, Rivers state is not governed by any Hausa-Fulani man.

The Hausa-Fulani did nothing without the cooperation of those Igboids, they Hausa-Fulani only helped them achieve their heart wishes. The Umuezekhoha clan are in Benue (Northern Nigeria) they have been there since 1970, yet still retain their Igbo identity and long for unification with us till today. The Yorubas in Kogi have been in Northern region since 1938, yet they identify as Yorubas and always proud to relate with Yorubas, recently when SW started Amotekun, the Kogi and Kwara leaders sent letters to SW leaders to include them. BBC crew did their homework and found out the people were comfortable with their Yoruba identity, hence why they were put in BBC Yoruba.

The tact here would be to completely grant Ikwerre and their bandwagoners theor independence clamour by expelling Ikwerre persons from all Igbo organizations and making sure to publicly disgrace any Ikwerre who tries to claim Igbo in public.
Then we can reach out to Ikwerre, Ogba, Ekpeye, etc as independent ethnic groups and as mere neighbours and nothing more, just as we reach out to Ijaws, Ogoni, etc, and device means to work on our freedom.
The Dimka didn't work with other ethnic groups in South Sudan as members of Dimka ethnic group, but as independent ethnic groups of their own.
We can and should still work with Ikwerres in matters of mutual interests, but never as members of Igbo ethnic group, if for any reason our interest involves throwing Ikwerres under the bus, we should not blink an eye to do it, knowing fully well that when reversed, they will not hesitate to do same to us.

of course if our interest involves throwing ikwere under the bus I will be the first person to show up.
But my position remains that Ikwere are Igbo for now. You know why?

I have realized that whenever I say that, I get to kill multiple birds with one stone. I get to piss off hateful ikwere, Yoruba and ijaw posters here who badly want Igbo fragmented and I get to possibly win a few ikwere and other Nigerians over who sit on the fence. I don't lose anything by saying it.

No matter how you badly want the majority of Igbos to stop seeing ikwere as Igbo, that will not happen. And no Matter how you badly want the rest of Nigeria to see ikwere as independent, they will always see them as igbos when it pleases them and see them as non-igbos when they want. That is what you need to make peace with not the fact that Ikwere say they are not Igbo....they have been saying that long before any of us were born...yet these topics come up everyday here, why?
So the best thing is for you to leverage on that. You already know that no igbo man even the most emotional one will accept to give an Ikwere man what is due to south east...so the narrative you are pushing is already the current status quo... you are not doing anything new

I will Simply walk into this type of thread, say that Ikwere is Igbo, piss many people off and walk out while knowing that an Ikwere man gets no special favours from me.

3 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by pazienza(m): 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2020
hammer0:

U are siding with those against igbo unity

Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye and Ogba are not Igbos.
These people are opportunists and resent you as an Igbo more than they do Yorubas and Hausas.
I know it's painful, but it's the truth. Accept it, make peace with it, learn from it, let the pain serve as a motivation to make Igbo great.

I stand for Igbo Unity (SE plus Umuezekhoha and whatever is remaining of Enuani who are still comfortable with their Igbo identity and have no Igbophobia, if with time they all turn Igbophobic, then we must discard them too).

The Igbo is sick and dying because we have too many necrotic tissues (Opportunists ) attached to us.
We need to totally excise all the dead tissues attached to us, so that we can heal and grow once again.
It's about time we started this important project.
I still stand for Igbo unity. Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye Ogba and what other Igboid out there that is not comfortable with being Igbo ARE not Igbos.
Anyone thinking of allowing those opportunists to continue taking advantage of Ndiigbo, by classifying them as Igbos is not a friend of Ndiigbo.

4 Likes

Re: I Didnt Know Gov Nyesom Wike Is Of Igbo Descent by hammer0: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2020
pazienza:

Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye and Ogba are not Igbos.
These people are opportunists and resents you as an Igbo more than they do Yorubas and Hausas.
I know it's painful, but it's the truth. Accept it, make peace with it, learn from it, let the pain serve as a motivation to make Igbo great.

I stand for Igbo Unity (SE plus Umuezekhoha and whatever is remaining of Enuani who are still comfortable with their Igbo identity and have no Igbophobia, if with time they all turn Igbophobic, then we must discard them too).

The Igbo is sick and dying because we have too many necrotic tissues (Opportunists ) attached to us.
We need to totally excise all the dead tissues attached to us, so that we can heal and grow once again.
It's about time we started this important project.
I still stand for Igbo unity. Ikwerre, Etche, Ekpeye Ogba and what other Igboid out there that is not comfortable with being Igbo ARE not Igbos.
Anyone thinking of allowing those opportunists to continue taking advantage of Ndiigbo, by classifying them as Igbos is not a friend of Ndiigbo.

WE HAVE ADDED DEM TO IGBO AND SO SHALL IT REMAIN.

ANYBODY THAT ANSWER OUR NAMES AND SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE IS IGBO.

GO AND TELL DEM TO DROP OUR NAMES AND LANGUAGE FIRST, THEN WE WILL DROP THEM AS IGBO.

I BELIEVE THIS IS A FAIR BARGAIN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Federal Executive Council Meeting Will Not Hold Tomorrow - Lai Mohammed / Fayose Write EFCC Of His Desire To Make Himself Available To The Commission / Nureni Jimoh Locked Up In Kano Office 24 Hours After Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.