Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? (32650 Views)

Post Your Alma Mater And The Course You Studied / Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by EdersonRish: 4:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
After spending 9years in the university, I knew if I had studied Yoruba language, I would have graduated right on time.

[/s]
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
earthsync:

Why

You will understand when you enter the labor market and realize that there is no demand for banking and finance students!
Gone are the days when you call first class professions like Doctors, Lawyers then Bankers are mentioned but these days, who dreams to work in a bank undecided

4 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Bluehill1051: 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
Humanoid01:

You don't seem like you do either, but I can offer you free lessons from the little knowledge I've acquired. shocked
Guys like you usually end up being biology teachers in one mushroom private school . You don't listen, you always think everyone is attacking you. Born fool!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by micxwell(m): 4:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
StepTwo:
I applied for Environmental engineering but was offered Agric and environmental engineering. Take note, the environmental here is as silent as the p in pneumonia. I hated and hate that course even after school. God help me.
Until you Master it. Preferably, do it in a Civil Engineering department... Lots of my friends did same and they are doing excellently well right now. Majority are lecturers right now.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Coronavirus84: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kritique:

MY BEST EVER, ECONOMETRICS AND OPERATION RESEARCH cheesy cheesy cheesy
Good guy
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by omotowo2: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
earthsync:

Why

Go to a bank nearest to you and carry out a survey.. Ask how many of the staff studied BFN.. You will even see a Yoruba education graduates at the counter

8 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by micfoley: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
YEs o. Glad I heeded my dad's advice. If not, the kind owu wey for they blôw me now ehn

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by EdersonRish: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
I think this is a consolation thread.

As for me, the course I studied is what still feeds me till date.
[/s]
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ladyvin(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
I studied Food Technology. Very sweet course but not easy at all because of the
Plenty calculations.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by MYHUBBY: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
I wanted Banking&finance but end up with Philosophy

I love the course, it helped my self esteem, control my naivety in the past, it influenced my psychological traits though almost destroy my spiritual life but it makes me see religion in other perspective, indifferent from the way extremists in Nigeria sees it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Oreofe20: 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
After all am still using what I studied in polytechnic to work so am proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by OlowoLagos(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
Though no job coming yet but honestly, I love the two courses I did.

Library and Information Science and Mass Communication with 'practical experience' the best part of it.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by earthsync(f): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ijeleigbo:

You will understand when you enter the labor market and realize that there is no demand for banking and finance students!
Gone are the days when you call first class professions like Doctors, Lawyers then Bankers are mentioned but these days, who dreams to work in a bank undecided

aren't they supposed to work in banks
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Humanoid01(m): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Guys like you usually end up being biology teachers in one mushroom private school . You don't listen, you always think everyone is attacking you. Born fool!
This one don get me for mind lol. You just attacked me by calling me a "mumu" . Did I hit a nerve by attacking back? You better relax before you start convulsing. Ozuor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by NobleAngell(f): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
AgentNairaland:
ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES I Love it and I'm happy
how're you happy?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by deltateam: 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
Stefenijoan002:
Proud of what I studied Business Administration I so much love it .

Yes, its a practical course. Even people that studied other courses still enter into business but with little knowledge on it.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by earthsync(f): 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
omotowo2:

Go to a bank nearest to you and carry out a survey.. Ask how many of the staff studied BFN.. You will even see a Yoruba education graduates at the counter

hmm
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Humanoid01(m): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
deltateam:

I think its called "the chemistry of life."

Nevertheless it doesn't have good prospect in Naija except in the academia.
Yes, you are right. It's a really great course though.

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Bluehill1051: 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
Humanoid01:

This one don get me for mind lol. You just attacked me by calling me a "mumu" . Did I hit a nerve by attacking back? You better relax before you start convulsing. Ozuor!
See mumu. You better give yourself sense.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Humanoid01(m): 4:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
Bluehill1051:
See mumu. You better give yourself sense.
Lol calm down my guy. Nor dey keep person for mind, e nor good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by deltateam: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Humanoid01:

Yes, you are right. It's a really great course though.

Yes, an interesting and practical one.
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Justiceori2019(m): 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2020
Office Technology and Management wasn't my choice but I like it. I ended up with it. Is a good course. As an office manager, we are the image maker of the organization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by micxwell(m): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
benzion72:
It is not in the course that you studied, it is the stuff in you that count. I have seen people who studied language worth millions and people with courses with big name and good grade walking the street, begging to apply around. Some with higher degrees are even ready to take low pay jobs.
Higher degress or not, bro if you're not lucky enough to get a graduate trainee role, you have to die, get buried, before you start growing (you may have to work for free, get treated like a dog or a househelp just so you can get there).. I'm into Occupational Safety and Health, my boss says it all the time that it's only experience that is holding me back from becoming a Manager. By God's grace, next year, I should be up there. But baba I don read, get turned down so many times at interviews. Had to learn Structural design and detailing from scratch.... No Uni can teach you that.... Na wetin I dey use do side hustle right now.

It's simple..... Like you have said it's what you have in you, yes but your degrees will be appreciated later...

4 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
earthsync:

aren't they supposed to work in banks

That's how it's supposed to be but nowadays it's not even an automatic ticket for you to work in banks.... Biologists, Engineers, Botanists, name them all work in banks....
What the essence of studying the course then in school when anyone can actually work in a bank grin

Worse of it all as a BKF graduate, my PPA was to teach in a primary school.... Can you imagine? Instead of carrying out my service in a bank as per what I studied grin

My dear, the course is so useless and I won't encourage any of my children to study it. Accountancy is far far better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Ishiewo: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
Kenplay:
I am currently studying Statistics/Computer science which I love but sometimes I felt I should have simply studied Economics. I will definitely study Economics in my master and add a M.BA to it. Amen
why do want to dive into Economics
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Zeinymira(f): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
tejpot:
Industrial Zoology

Ahn ahn, which school?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by ogundeleai(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
..... With the advent of Technology - NO!!!!
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by bukxy: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
zealz4u:
Sometimes I feel I wasted money, time and effort in the university studying the course I studied. It's one of my greatest regret but life goes on.
what did u study?
Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by kenq2t(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
[img]
cRobo:
I won't say a word
we understand

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Esvisaac1255: 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
Yes I love the course I studied in polytechnic, Estate Management and Valuation, today am chartered Estate Surveyor's and Valuers working with Federal government.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Orestino(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Equity15:
computer science loved it soo much. would have preferred electrical and electronics engineering. didn't aplly cos of my bad T.D skills. I knew I would never have passed engine drawing

Brother man, I almost opted for computer science because of this same reason but something kept me going. and this was how the trend went when I started engineering drawing

100level intro to TD.. i had 46 D
200level engineering drawing I.. I had 53 C
200level engineering drawing II.. I had 62 B

now I dont have anything to do with drawing again

thank God I didn't chicken out

1 Like

Re: Do You Like The Course You Studied In University Or Polytechnic? by Uniquequeen20: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Me, Business Administration. So much love the course. You can work in any organization with this course and you can as well manage your own business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test / 100 Days At Home As A Student, What Have You Achieved? / Pictures Of Public Primary School In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.