Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method - Business (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method (89954 Views)

If You Want To Learn About Amazon Kdp (kindle Direct Publishing) Read This / Kindle Money Keyword Research Method $100 Per Day / Top 15 Small Business You Can Make Huge Money/profits From Daily In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by fuke(m): 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
AIT1:

Your book is in KDP select, so it is exclusive to Amazon only.

I really don't know if they would reinstate the account. But you can message them again.

I just mailed them again.
if they do not reinstate the account, what is the fate of my book?

I have sent a message to you. let's talk pls.
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by emperorsversion(m): 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Lolo24:

Lol. I remember you saying something about making $1k within 3 Months. Have u made that?

no way man.... that was just my naive assumption when I joined newly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by cheehummer(f): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
SanThiago:

One thing i want to advise you and everyone on this thread is not to rush to publish your book. Even if you publish a book per year, as long as its top quality. U'll make thousands more than what 20 books of low quality or carrying errors will fetch you.

Where the crowdads sing , the book that ranked 3rd in Amazons best sellers two months ago, was written by a female writer who had last published a book in 1989.
She took years writing her book and when published, she broke records and won hearts, selling over 4million copies.

I learnt this the hard way, and after publishing three books within the space of a month with little or no sales. I sat down and gave out time to study amazon kindle publishing from a writers point of view rather than from a business point of view. I profiled the writting pattern of greats like stephen king, Delia owens and the mighty J.K rowling. I immediately unpublished some of my books and reading them now, i laugh and wonder if i ever did go through before publishing.

I Must tell you now that i see amazon KDP from a different light. I'm not going into the business of KDP anylonger, I'm building my writing career through KDP.

If one can do this perfectly and drop a banger in the next 5 years, i assure you that you'll be made for life.

Delia owen's "where the crowdad sing" sold 4million copies since it hit amazon KDP. Thats about 13billion naira after amazons 30% cut

The reason I'm quoting you please is that i went through your book and i can tell you that there are so many grammatical and spelling errors in your Authors introduction. One can only wonder what the contents will look like.

Take your time to edit and format your book please. If possible, outsource it to a native english speaking freelancer on upwork or fiverr and pay for it. You wrote in a very wonderful niche and your topic would easily draw attention, but reading your introduction, i almost felt ashamed as if it were my book.

"did you know that" (Do you know that)

"aging" (Ageing) -This one was a big turnoff because your book is about ageing

And more errors.

Thumbs up brother.

Seconded.
Whether you're writing fiction or nonfiction. Give it your best shot. For fiction, it's different. Follow genre conventions. Read books in your genre. Edit the hell out of the book, write a compelling blurb, publish.
Then do it over again.
There are no short cuts. Do well and the readers will reward you.
Meanwhile, some might be interested in applying for kindle storyteller 2020.
It's Amazon, whether you win or not the book will still make money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Bayanteam(m): 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Fiverr reviews available from USA, UK, Germany and France buyer’s account. I am selling from $10 upward.

Inbox me for your review now on 08071404615. I will also add you to my fiverr group.
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by SanThiago: 8:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
cheehummer:

Seconded.
Whether you're writing fiction or nonfiction. Give it your best shot. For fiction, it's different. Follow genre conventions. Read books in your genre. Edit the hell out of the book, write a compelling blurb, publish.
Then do it over again.
There are no short cuts. Do well and the readers will reward you.
Meanwhile, some might be interested in applying for kindle storyteller 2020.
It's Amazon, whether you win or not the book will still make money.

I couldn't have said it better.

As per storyteller kdp comp.

I'm publishing my blockbuster hit on the 4th of July grin

Storyteller 2020 is coming home cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by AIT1(m): 1:14am On Jun 21, 2020
fuke:

I just mailed them again.
if they do not reinstate the account, what is the fate of my book?

I have sent a message to you. let's talk pls.

I believe You can always take your books to other Self-publishing platforms.
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Mrdigitech(m): 4:57am On Jun 21, 2020
Guys, what's your opinion of using trademarked keywords or brands in the 7 KDP hidden Keyword or backend keywords field. Have you had issues doing this while publishing?
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by cheehummer(f): 5:50am On Jun 21, 2020
SanThiago:

I couldn't have said it better.

As per storyteller kdp comp.

I'm publishing my blockbuster hit on the 4th of July grin

Storyteller 2020 is coming home cheesy
All the best.
August is the deadline so you can take your time to edit.

1 Like

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by AIT1(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2020
@eliok and any other person.

Please, what's the ideal number of pages for a well formatted 10,000 words on Kindle.

No images. Thank you
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by pabon(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2020
I follow Dean Wesley Smith and one of the things he advised is not to wait until your book is perfect. What's the guarantee that your perfect book that took you years to write will sell? Do you know the number of people that publish books on Amazon monthly? Your book will be like a dot in an infinite space.
What should be your goal should be to always develop yourself. So, learn, write, publish, and repeat. Don't wait until your book is perfect.
This doesn't mean you should just put out a badly written, badly edited book out there. You'd only be doing yourself a world of evil.
I've been studying the writing business (especially self-publishing for a while now now). I follow some of the highest earners in the industry (especially fiction). I've watched dozens of videos, listened to near a hundred podcasts. It will surprise you to note that one thing about them is that they publish pretty regularly.
Jonathan Greene said, "Quantity is a quality' of its own.
You could decide to wait until your book is inch-perfect. When it comes out, you'd still have to compete with a host of others who have the money to spend on advertisements, who have employed the best cover designers and the best editors. You might end up depressed with the results you get.
Someone else will write a book a month, learning all the way, and still make better money than you'd make with your perfect book.
Self-Publishing these days is a game of numbers.
Yes, people do hit it with their very first book. But, the statistics will shock you. They are the exception, not the rule.
You think every one can be JK Rowlings? You'd be surprised that apart from the Harry Potter books, the other books she's written hasn't sold nearly a much, some with pennames. So, isn't it with the same perfection she wrote those books.

I've learned that your readers, not you, are the best judges of your book. Stop licking your wounds. Get up and move to the next. Don't stop learning. Don't stop implementing.
You learn as you go. And what's to say that you can't go back and edit the older books you'd published some months or years ago?

My first self published book didn't make anything (save for $2 that someone spent pre-ordering my book), few days ago, something else happened. First time I saw myself and the word bestseller associated. And I didn't even write that book to be perfect.

My two cents

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by cheehummer(f): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2020
pabon:
I follow Dean Wesley Smith and one of the things he advised is not to wait until your book is perfect. What's the guarantee that your perfect book that took you years to write will sell? Do you know the number of people that publish books on Amazon monthly? Your book will be like a dot in an infinite space.
What should be your goal should be to always develop yourself. So, learn, write, publish, and repeat. Don't wait until your book is perfect.
This doesn't mean you should just put out a badly written, badly edited book out there. You'd only be doing yourself a world of evil.
I've been studying the writing business (especially self-publishing for a while now now). I follow some of the highest earners in the industry (especially fiction). I've watched dozens of videos, listened to near a hundred podcasts. It will surprise you to note that one thing about them is that they publish pretty regularly.
You could decide to wait until your book is inch-perfect. When it comes out, you'd still have to compete with a host of others who have the money to spend on advertisements, who have employed the best cover designers and the best editors. You might end up depressed with the results you get.
Someone else will write a book a month, learning all the way, and still make better money than you'd make with your perfect book.
Yes, people do hit it with their very first book. But, the statistics will shock you. They are the exception, not the rule.
You think every one can be JK Rowlings? You'd be surprised that apart from the Harry Potter books, the other books she's written hasn't sold nearly a much, some with pennames. So, isn't it with the same perfection she wrote those books.

I've learned that your readers, not you, are the best judges of your book. Stop licking your wounds. Get up and move to the next. Don't stop learning. Don't stop implementing.
You learn as you go. And what's to say that you can't go back and edit the older books you'd published some months or years ago?

My first self published book didn't make anything (save for $2 that someone spent pre-ordering my book), few days ago, something else happened. First time I saw myself and the word bestseller associated. And I didn't even write that book to be perfect.

My two cents

True.
I think there's a delicate balance between producing a quality product and quantity. We low name authors just have to find it.

3 Likes

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by cheehummer(f): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2020
pabon:

My two cents

I went through your diary. It's sooo relatable. I could feel your determination. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Zdoh(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2020
ZIDOH EXCHANGE ENTERPRISES®

BUYING / SELLING

>>Bitcoin

>>Payoneer

>>Paypal

>>Skrill

>>Neteller

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

Instant payment guarantee

Call/Whatsapp ☎️__ +2348088759163
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Meedon: 11:24am On Jun 21, 2020
Please what could be the problem

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Lolo24: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2020
pabon:

My two cents

The white man's low quality book is not the same as the average Nigerian. I know someone who made $1k from one book in its first month in January but subsequent months was terrible and in may the book sold zero. Bad reviews killed it. He found a winning keyword and like most Nigerians, just wanted to milk kdp. If he had made that book a lot better, it would've been a long term success. The average Nigerian does not hire a proofreader or editor. They just write and churn out nonsense. From the book description you'd know it's a Nigerian. Draft2digital has already shown us the door and it's only a matter of time before Kdp does. Checkout Isaac Clifford on Amazon he writes on every single keyword he can think of. Churning out tens of books monthly from nonsense to nonsense. People like that will get us in trouble. Amazon does not like low quality things and when they trace low quality books to Nigerians, they'll close the door.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Gobengroup(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lolo24:

The white man's low quality book is not the same as the average Nigerian. I know someone who made $1k from one book in its first month in January but subsequent months was terrible and in may the book sold zero. Bad reviews killed it. He found a winning keyword and like most Nigerians, just wanted to milk kdp. If he had made that book a lot better, it would've been a long term success. The average Nigerian does not hire a proofreader or editor. They just write and churn out nonsense. From the book description you'd know it's a Nigerian. Draft2digital has already shown us the door and it's only a matter of time before Kdp does. Checkout Isaac Clifford on Amazon he writes on every single keyword he can think of. Churning out tens of books monthly from nonsense to nonsense. People like that will get us in trouble. Amazon does not like low quality things and when they trace low quality books to Nigerians, they'll close the door.
Pls when I want to upload my book short read is not listed in the categories. How do I go about it?

1 Like

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Gobengroup(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lolo24:

Pls when I wanted to upload my book short reads is not listed. How do I go about it

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Meedon: 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2020

Is this the Isaac Clifford you're talking about?

Lolo24:

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Lolo24: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Gobengroup:
Pls when I want to upload my book short read is not listed in the categories. How do I go about it?

Na amazon go categorise am as short reads. Just pick ur niche
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Lolo24: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
Meedon:

Is this the Isaac Clifford you're talking about?

Yea. Is that your work?
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Meedon: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lolo24:

Yea. Is that your work?

No I mostly use pen name

That guy is all over with that particular name
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Lolo24: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Meedon:

No I mostly use pen name

That guy is all over with that particular name

He should just continue
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Meedon: 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lolo24:

He should just continue

grin grin grin
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Mcslize: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2020
Allboiz:

When your account is banned on kdp, you cannot publish again on kdp.

Do this, open a new account and use the contact us button. Send a mail to them stating that you are sorry and not aware of any other account. State your email address and do not forget to tell them that you opened the new account in order to contact them. Make sure that your message is written in a soft tone.

Good luck

He doesn't need to open a new account just to contact them. He can do that through the termination email they sent him.
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Mcslize: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lyydia:

You are welcome

The bosses here will put u through on that(use Google/YouTube) too, I publish LCB and NCB only.

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Mcslize: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lyydia:

You are welcome

The bosses here will put u through on that(use Google/YouTube) too, I publish LCB and NCB only.

How are the LCBs doing so far?
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Mcslize: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
Smashspesh:
Abeg does anyone know any other platform (home and abroad) that writers can also publish their books aside Amazon. Relying on Amazon solely na headache abeg. That place no be for person wey dey hungry. Lol

Try draft2digital and publishdrive
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Smashspesh(m): 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
Mcslize:

Try draft2digital and publishdrive

Thanks a lot. Lemme quickly try it out
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by Mcslize: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
AIT1:
@eliok and any other person.

Please, what's the ideal number of pages for a well formatted 10,000 words on Kindle.

No images. Thank you

50-60 pages depending on the font type and size.
Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by ufotty2001: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2020
pabon:

My two cents
Thanks alot for this info

1 Like

Re: Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method by charlsy(m): 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lolo24:

Most of what you said is valid, but I need to correct the notion that "nonsense books" are only published by Nigerians. As a matter of fact tens of thousands of nonsense, low-quality books are published by people from several countries, including the US, people who want to make quick bucks. So if at all Nigeria is banned by KDP, it won't be as a result of low-quality books, but more of as a result of fraudulent practice either committed via some manipulation of the system or because of Nigeria's global fraud reputation. Nonetheless, we "hope" Nigeria does not get banned by Amazon for the reasons highlighted. I really can't say why Draft2Digital decided to kick Nigeria out of its platform, I strongly believe it has more to do with Nigeria's global fraudulent profile than Nigerians putting out low-quality books, and if it is due to low-quality books, then accounts should be banned on an individual basis, because not all Nigerians publish low-quality books, and again, every other country likewise publish low-quality books.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (67) (Reply)

Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) / Victor Okafor 'Ezego' N500m Mansion Lying Waste (Photos) / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.