Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? (7554 Views)

Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. / "If You Are Single At 35+ And Still Celebrating Birthdays, Shame On You" - Lady / Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Amatarasha(f): 1:03am On Apr 02, 2020
Lostz:

There won't be any sign for you when the end comes.

Things will go back to normal soon and everyone will go back to their normal way
are u a doctor
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by buchi4action(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
This guy nailed it totally and completely.... Infact collect One bottle of beer for my name

franchasng:
Mixture of so many factors like:

1.) She dated one mumu boyfriend for many years while forming I love my boo and rejecting other potential suitors and guys, till the mumu boyfriend dumped her or told her they cannot marry because his mama said he cannot marry a girl from her community or tribe or religion/church

2.) Genotype - many ladies wasted so many years dating a guy who is probably AS while they too are AS, only to discover this after maybe 5 - 9 years of committed dating and dicking

3.) Mass youth unemployment and underemployment that has made so many Nigerian guys broke, hopeless, helpless and direction less at 30yrs+ which has made them to keep their girlfriends endlessly waiting for God knows when cry

4.) Bad character and attitude of some ladies - some ladies are single to date as a result of their bad character and attitude because no matter how ugly a lady is, there are guys ready to wife her but a lady with ugly character and personality will find it very difficult to keep a man till marriage

5.) No sex till marriage - in as much as this decision sound awesome, it has made some good ladies to miss their soulmate and wouldbe husband.

Not all men can tolerate no sex till marriage, especially financially buoyant guys won't accept this, only struggling guys would accept this cos they don't have too many options so they will accept for peace to reign and to avoid losing the lady they may have suffered for months or years to get to accept dating them.

6.) Religion - many ladies are single to date as a result of their religious stand - I cannot marry a guy outside my church, outside my religion, outside my denomination, etc

7.) Physical looks - some ladies are single because of their physical look, but ladies that fall into this category are few

8.) Location - some ladies are single to date because of their location. Where they live they hardly meet young single guys. Some are living in midst of elderly people. Some live in locations where you have more of married men.

9.) Greed and Materialistic Nature - some ladies are single to date because they have high expectation from suitors, and they are too materialistic, money conscious and vane chasers. A materialistic lady will encounter so many heartbreaks and will grace so many successful guy's slaughter bed, and may never pass to the next stage of being considered as a suitable life partner by the men.

Such ladies usually want an Aliko Dangote who is also chaste like Pope John Paul and handsome like Drake and romantic like Jerk of Titanic. And when you look at them, they have little or nothing to offer in return so they keep turning down suitors year after year hoping to meet that angel Michael sooner as years roll by without hope cry

10.) Too much shakara - some ladies believe they are too beautiful and therefore deserve an angel man. And for this reason, they keep selecting men like Okirika and in the process they end up dating married guys who waste their time, and they end up dating different married men who are the only men that can meet their fantasy qualities.

11.) Death - some ladies lost their boyfriends or fiancé to death and have been unable to find a suitable partner to walk down the aisle with

12.) Career and excess family comfort

Some ladies are single because of their career choice. Their career doesn't give enough room for dates or commitment to a relationship. While some because of the excess comfort their parents have provided for them at home, they end up feeling no guy can offer them such comfort if they marry, so with time it becomes a habit...and they develop unrealistic expectations from toasters, suitors and chasers which delay their settling down with the right guy.

But the major reason in Nigeria is bad economy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 03, 2020
Amatarasha:
are u a doctor
do I need to be a doctor?
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Are Those speaking for the op because he can't talk or he can't defend himself??

I'm a guy, but I support sweetcunt on this.. the society is now built to blame and attack girls for everything wrong..

just like those saying bad character of a girl keeps her single Asif guys as well don't or can't have a bad character??
a girl has every right to reject a guy who has a bad character.

if I'm a girl, I won't accept any guy because I want to get married and continue the suffering I did when I was in my parents house.

as for sweetcunt, hope ur cunt is sweet shaa cos I'll be glad to taste it�
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by EmmaNuella77(f): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2020
Village people
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by URHOBOWARRI(m): 9:09am On Apr 03, 2020
STINGINESS
FAMILY STRONGMAN
FOLOWING MARRIED MEN
OVER SABI

1 Like

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Igetmyown247: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2020
They are waiting for Mr Right. Rich, tall, handsome and must have 6packs.
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Mypeople2(m): 11:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Bluntguy:
Village people!!!
Forget village people.If a young guy proposes to her ,will she agree ? Ask them individually and you will hear them saying , I need a guy that is " tall , big, rich, cars , lives in 3bedrooms apartment".When the guys were proposing to them at age 18-24, village people nor dey.Na now them don reach reach 35 na village people dey worry them
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by TheSourcerer: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
buchi4action:
This guy nailed it totally and completely.... Infact collect One bottle of beer for my name

you clearly don't drink . We say
Give that man one bottle there on my head!

1 Like

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Rukkydelta(f): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Not everyone must get married
Marriage is bondage and prison
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by OlawaleBammie: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
Rukkydelta:
Not everyone must get married Marriage is bondage and prison
i knownu saud dis cus of wat u have passed tru.
Dont worry, God wil send the right guy to u, who would heal ur wound.
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Savvywriteprene(f): 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
I hope you do realise that most ladies who do want to get desire to get married before turning 30. Most ladies plan their lives in their teenage years but then life happens.

What should the lady do? Wallow in self-pity? Become desperate?
None of the above. You accept it as part of the process of life, square your chin up, and keep living.

I believe that everything good will always come, it's just a matter of time.
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 07, 2020
justnock:
Obsession with academics and corporate ladder.
Being too finicky.
Social awkwardness.
Heart break and disappointments.
Feminism

I am responding to this post because you used the word finicky...it got me, oh dear pun, lol!
So first bolded is 100 percent me.
Second bolded? Well... to an extent, but I don’t label myself as a feminist...I like to think I am an independent thinking, freedom loving humanist, if I must be something that is. I am mostly me shaa. So maybe this one is just 40/60 percent me.
A third factor is my self-involved nature leading to sheer disinterest. This would be at a percentage between the two above, maybe 75-90 percent? Maybe a last big one is the conviction that most marriages in our sosayiti are scamfests. Tgis is covered by the second and third factors shaa.
Yeah, that’s basically it, I guess
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 07, 2020
wizdomnzube:
Cuz dey one use shakara and "i dont date broke guys" choke themselves wen age dey dia corner. If u reason dem dey go begin form yeye class wen dem never even get admission sef.

I know someone who dates only made guys ...she is close to 40 now, yet she still would not date a broke guy, no matter what, so, what do you know!? Silly lady right?shocked smiley
We should just chuck out the last part of your post as the unnecessary bit that it is, yes? No need for that I think.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by wizdomnzube(m): 8:24am On Apr 07, 2020
merahki:

I know someone who dates only made guys ...she is close to 40 now, yet she still would not date a broke guy, no matter what, so, what do you know!? Silly lady right?shocked smiley
We should just chuck out the last part of your post as the unnecessary bit that it is, yes? No need for that I think.
Cheers
I'm guessing ur a girl. You don't want to end up like that lady do u?? So u better do proper wink
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by clinton21: 10:29am On Apr 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Baba go back to dropping your account number while asking for help and stop asking silly questions. Abi u no see Nigerian and its over population coupled with hard economy? You for ask What Keeps Some Men Broke at 35+ naw

Good response
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
wizdomnzube:
I'm guessing ur a girl. You don't want to end up like that lady do u?? So u better do proper wink

How has she ended up that you know?
She is happier than many people that she and I know to be honest.
I guess(know) when one lives by their own rules it usually is very liberating.
I am a woman not a girl...well, an older man may call me a girl, so maybe also girl cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by wizdomnzube(m): 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
merahki:

How has she ended up that you know?
She is happier than many people that she and I know to be honest.
I guess(know) when one lives by their own rules it usually is very liberating.
I am a woman not a girl...well, an older man may call me a girl, so maybe also girl cheesy
Well maybe na true you talk.

Anything wen go make ha happy. Na ha life after all..

I like how u say u nor be girl.....buh na only wen I see u I go conclude if u be girl or woman grin
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by kalufelix(m): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2020
merahki:

I am responding to this post because you used the word finicky...it got me, oh dear pun, lol!
So first bolded is 100 percent me.
Second bolded? Well... to an extent, but I don’t label myself as a feminist...I like to think I am an independent thinking, freedom loving humanist, if I must be something that is. I am mostly me shaa. So maybe this one is just 40/60 percent me.
A third factor is my self-involved nature leading to sheer disinterest. This would be at a percentage between the two above, maybe 75-90 percent? Maybe a last big one is the conviction that most marriages in our sosayiti are scamfests. Tgis is covered by the second and third factors shaa.
Yeah, that’s basically it, I guess
Cheers

hmmm... Nawa o :/
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by meobizy(f): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Linda Ikeji is 41 and still single. Start from there.
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by bigpicture001: 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2021
toluzealous:
trying to mould a partner

This one is my ex.... Looking for a perfect man.. Wish her luck dou
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by bigpicture001: 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
meobizy:
Linda Ikeji is 41 and still single. Start from there.

All her recent post... Sh adds... Looking for love... Don't deceive urself ..with her feminism vocals
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by Duplexxx: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mumu
Re: What Could Really Keep A Lady Single At 35+? by bigpicture001: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
franchasng:
Mixture of so many factors like:

1.) She dated one mumu boyfriend for many years while forming I love my boo and rejecting other potential suitors and guys, till the mumu boyfriend dumped her or told her they cannot marry because his mama said he cannot marry a girl from her community or tribe or religion/church

2.) Genotype - many ladies wasted so many years dating a guy who is probably AS while they too are AS, only to discover this after maybe 5 - 9 years of committed dating and dicking

3.) Mass youth unemployment and underemployment that has made so many Nigerian guys broke, hopeless, helpless and direction less at 30yrs+ which has made them to keep their girlfriends endlessly waiting for God knows when cry

4.) Bad character and attitude of some ladies - some ladies are single to date as a result of their bad character and attitude because no matter how ugly a lady is, there are guys ready to wife her but a lady with ugly character and personality will find it very difficult to keep a man till marriage

5.) No sex till marriage - in as much as this decision sound awesome, it has made some good ladies to miss their soulmate and wouldbe husband.

Not all men can tolerate no sex till marriage, especially financially buoyant guys won't accept this, only struggling guys would accept this cos they don't have too many options so they will accept for peace to reign and to avoid losing the lady they may have suffered for months or years to get to accept dating them.

6.) Religion - many ladies are single to date as a result of their religious stand - I cannot marry a guy outside my church, outside my religion, outside my denomination, etc

7.) Physical looks - some ladies are single because of their physical look, but ladies that fall into this category are few

8.) Location - some ladies are single to date because of their location. Where they live they hardly meet young single guys. Some are living in midst of elderly people. Some live in locations where you have more of married men.

9.) Greed and Materialistic Nature - some ladies are single to date because they have high expectation from suitors, and they are too materialistic, money conscious and vane chasers. A materialistic lady will encounter so many heartbreaks and will grace so many successful guy's slaughter bed, and may never pass to the next stage of being considered as a suitable life partner by the men.

Such ladies usually want an Aliko Dangote who is also chaste like Pope John Paul and handsome like Drake and romantic like Jerk of Titanic. And when you look at them, they have little or nothing to offer in return so they keep turning down suitors year after year hoping to meet that angel Michael sooner as years roll by without hope cry

10.) Too much shakara - some ladies believe they are too beautiful and therefore deserve an angel man. And for this reason, they keep selecting men like Okirika and in the process they end up dating married guys who waste their time, and they end up dating different married men who are the only men that can meet their fantasy qualities.

11.) Death - some ladies lost their boyfriends or fiancé to death and have been unable to find a suitable partner to walk down the aisle with

12.) Career and excess family comfort

Some ladies are single because of their career choice. Their career doesn't give enough room for dates or commitment to a relationship. While some because of the excess comfort their parents have provided for them at home, they end up feeling no guy can offer them such comfort if they marry, so with time it becomes a habit...and they develop unrealistic expectations from toasters, suitors and chasers which delay their settling down with the right guy.

But the major reason in Nigeria is bad economy grin

You are too clear in thought.. Wish all nails girls could read this... Thumps up

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do This Yahoo Guys Make So Much Money / Please Help A Sister, Am So Sad Right Now ? / Women Don't Care About Your Struggle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.