Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? (2782 Views)

One Nigeria Is A Fraud. The Fulani Self Preservation. Must Read / My Reply To FFK On Yerobas Supporting One Nigeria / Fani-kayode Reveals Why Yorubas Support ‘one Nigeria’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by mastermind2020(m): 9:06pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yesterday, my friend and I took a long drive around five remote villages in different places in Abuja, FCT. We visited villages in Dutse Alhaji, Lugbe, Kuje, Gwagwalada and Gudu.

My motive was to find out if truly some poor Nigerians benefited from the N20,000 Federal Government has announced to have been distributed to over 2.6million Nigerians.

We found out:
1. Some poor Nigerians especially in the Northern Zones have been receiving N5,000 monthly Stipends from FG since 2017.

2. Every beneficiary of the N5,000 has an issued ID card and all personal details captured in a book. As they disburse to you, you sign on the referenced month and they tick appropriately in their record. You have an alternative family member that can receive the money on your behalf in a situation where you're not available at the time.

3. This disbursement is done through a Federal Government program called HOUSEHOLD UPLIFTMENT PROGRAMME (HUP). One of the beneficiary in Kuje Area Council was kind enough to allow us take a Snap of his Beneficiary ID card after we assured him of keeping his identity private. See attached pictures.

4. Usually, at the beginning of the year, they do skip January disbursement and pay N10,000 by February. But this year 2020 they have not showed up.

5. They came beginning of April 2020 and started disbursement of the money. January to April money was dispensed at once (N5,000 X 4 = N20,000). This was NEVER termed Covid-19 Palliative package before them.

6. Many of them were shocked when they heard in the News and watched in the television that Federal Govt provided N20,000 Covid-19palliative package to them. To them, such News is false, as what they received and as ticked in their Cards was the usual N5,000 monthly stipends.

DEDUCTION FROM OUR VARIOUS ENQUIRIES

1. Some Nigerians, especially in the Northern part of Nigeria has been receiving N5,000 Stipends from FG since 2017.

2. Some of the Beneficiaries are not really poorest of the poor Nigerians. The process of capturing and verification is too porous and insincere and so many of those who're not supposed to be captured in the programme get squeezed themselves in. 'Nigeria thing' many of us will term this one.

3. The N20,000 payment in all the places we visited is NEVER a Covid-19 Palliative package but the long established N5,000 Monthly Stipends to poorest of the poor Nigerians.

4. The alleged N20,000 Covid-19 Palliative package by Federal Government to 2.6million Nigerians is largely unfounded and unsubstantiated. If such money was shared at all, it's obviously to a far less number . However, I stand to be corrected with tangible facts on this.

5. Some agents of Federal Govt (e.g BPE) shared food items to some residents of Abuja, FCT as Covid-19 Palliative packages. No money was shared by them, just some few food items; Yam, Rice, Beans, Superghetti, Tomatoes, etc.

6. The N5,000 monthly stipend to poorest of the poor Nigerians seems to be effective only in the Northern part of Nigerians. On this too, I stand to be corrected with tangible facts.

7. Federal Govt should come up with clear statement on how the Vulnerable Nigerians who received the alleged N20,000 Covid-19 Palliative packages were selected and possibly gazette their information for public notice. Afterall, it's our money and we should know how it was spent.

Copied from David Ogbonna Fb page

1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Yenefer(f): 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Misleading headline. One nigeria is death long time ago, I Muslim and fulani I observe the hatred and insult I face here. The mods ban me anyhow, delete my comments. but they let other users insult the northeners. They push anything against Us to the front page, without verifications back to u. The write up is about corruption and the headline is about one nigeria why

3 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by mastermind2020(m): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
Please read with understanding...
The heading is a question"Are we still one Nigeria?
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Precious4real50(f): 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
cheesy grin tongue which Nigeria? The one that has already been sold to chad tongue

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

4 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Azmanaty: 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2020
OP, Blur that QR scan code part. It can reveal the identity of the owner of that card. FG is very vindictive and might take offence that the card owner revealed a lot to you.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Azmanaty: 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yenefer:
[s]Misleading headline. One nigeria is death long time ago, I Muslim and fulani I observe the hatred and insult I face here. The mods ban me anyhow, delete my comments. but they let other users insult the northeners. They push anything against Us to the front page, without verifications back to u. The write up is about corruption and the headline is about one nigeria why[/s]

Trash!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by okeyglm: 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
All we do is talk talk , no action . northern Nigeria , I mean Hausa , Fulani we cont to take us for a ride. After deducting our money , stamp duty, call tax and other tax . with our hard earned money they will hand it over to their kits and kins. Shame on southerns, especially the igbos and yorubas

7 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Opperwezen(m): 9:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
Precious4real50:
cheesy grin tongue which Nigeria? The one that has already been sold to chad tongue

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

I STILL DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU REMAIN!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yenefer:
Misleading headline. One nigeria is death long time ago, I Muslim and fulani I observe the hatred and insult I face here. The mods ban me anyhow, delete my comments. but they let other users insult the northeners. They push anything against Us to the front page, without verifications back to u. The write up is about corruption and the headline is about one nigeria why

The write Up is not only talking about Buhari corruption but his nepotism and tribalism...

A look at his appointments will convince you
All security apparatus are his Muslim brothers..
From police... Army. Dss.. Inec... Immigration... Customs... Firs... Power.. Etc all in the hands of his Fulani brothers
Let's not forget his kitchen cabinet members

While southerners are left with Sports.. Science and technology... Ncdc etc

Buhari has set a bad precedence
And southerners are watching keenly

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Blame Lord lugard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Buhari is less than human in meaness when Nepotism calls!!

He carefully select HausaFulanis Muslims of the North to bless in anything he does using the sweat and blood of the Christians and others Southerners.

History will always remember him for Evils against the Christians community

3 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Buhari is less than human in meanest when Nepotism calls!!

He carefully select HausaFulanis Muslims of the North to bless in anything he does using the sweat and blood of the Christians and others Southerners.

History will always remember him for Evils against the Christians community

Shut it

I remember clearly when you were campaigning for Buhari pre 2015..

Now he is less than a human.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by bigpicture001: 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yenefer:

Am Christian and a southerner...I engage in son form of ethnic arguments sometimes...av been banned 15x in total....

Solo,ur not alone in the banning club,neither are u barred cuz ur a northerner...

1 love

1 Like

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by bigpicture001: 10:16pm On Apr 07, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

The write Up is not only talking about Buhari corruption but his nepotism and tribalism...

A look at his appointments will convince you
All security apparatus are his Muslim brothers..
From police... Army. Dss.. Inec... Immigration... Customs... Firs... Power.. Etc all in the hands of his Fulani brothers
Let's not forget his kitchen cabinet members

While southerners are left with Sports.. Science and technology... Ncdc etc

Buhari has set a bad precedence
And southerners are watching keenly

Blame only the south west....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by bigpicture001: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
okeyglm:
All we do is talk talk , no action . northern Nigeria , I mean Hausa , Fulani we cont to take us for a ride. After deducting our money , stamp duty, call tax and other tax . with our hard earned money they will hand it over to their kits and kins. Shame on southerns, especially the igbos and yorubas

Don't call Igbo's cuz they stoodvtheir ground in the elections....blame the yorubas

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by okeyglm: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
bigpicture001:

Don't call Igbo's cuz they stoodvtheir ground in the elections....blame the yorubas
I'm not talking about election. This nation need to be restructure or separate. This is impunity . ur money is been deducting to feed to people who don't contribute shi shi. Pathetic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by gidgiddy: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
okeyglm:

I'm not talking about election. This nation need to be restructure or separate. This is impunity . ur money is been deducting to feed to people who don't contribute shi shi. Pathetic

The North dont want it restructured and they dont want it seperated because they gain a lot from it being the way it is.

5 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by okeyglm: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

The North dont want it restructured and they dont want it seperated because they gain a lot from it being the way it is.

That's why I called south mumu. There is need for collective fight. They can never let go except a serious fight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by bigpicture001: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
okeyglm:

Its election cuz Jonathan, yar'adua and obj didn't do this......

So the Yoruba's inflicted us with this mess of a man

3 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by okeyglm: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
bigpicture001:

Its election cuz Jonathan, yar'adua and obj didn't do this......

So the Yoruba's inflicted us with this mess of a man

Don't say that, they never changed the status quo, is still the same system inherited by military they still adhere. Apart from 13 percent oil derivatives for oil producing states. What other new reform did put in place for southerners?. Is not about election. But welfare of people who toils day and night for a lazy people in the north.
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by tatatar: 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
Azmanaty:

Trash!
Trash!
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by gidgiddy: 11:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
okeyglm:

That's why I called south mumu. There is need for collective fight. They can never let go except a serious fight.

The days of collective fight in the south is over. In 1967, it was the same story. Ojukwu went to Aburi to get Nigeria restructured, he came back and the North said no. So he opted for separation. The so called South all joined the North to fight him so as to get us where we are today.

Everyone should fight their own battles and enjoy the "one Nigeria" they fought for

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by DabuIIIT: 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yenefer:

Get lost!!!!!!!!!

That evil thing at the Aso rock will take Niger Delta money and share to his people in the north, only the north!
5 % oil revenue goes to the development of the Boko Haram ravaged Northeast every month, running into billions!!!!
Almost all federal government positions in all fed govt agencies in the whole nation, even in the south, NIMASA,customs, NPA, DPR,... are all headed and occupied by northerners!!!!! More than 70%vat is generated in the south especially from alcoholic drinks that the north hypocritically forbids but takes lion share of same vat!

We south wish we were never in a country with you!!!!!!!!!??
THUNDA FAYA LUGARD SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THUNDA FAYA 1914 AMALGAMATION!!!!!!
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by conyema12(m): 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

The days of collective fight in the south is over. In 1967, it was the same story. Ojukwu went to Aburi to get Nigeria restructured, he came back and the North said no. So he opted for separation. The so called South all joined the North to fight him so as to get us where we are today.

Everyone should fight their own battles and enjoy the "one Nigeria" they fought for

The hatred for the igbos by the rest kept us where we are as a nation today.

8 Likes

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by DabuIIIT: 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
okeyglm:

And the yorubas don't want that to happen. 1st thing 1st,if the yorubas want that to happen,they will never wish to contest 2023 elections. They should rally round and support someone from the SE or SS.

If they wanna use their influence and play us other south come 2023,then these northerners will continue to rule.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by DabuIIIT: 11:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
It's also in the news now, ANOTHER #200M+ HAS BEEN DISBURSED BY THE FED GOVT IN KADUNA TODAY!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by XANDERBOY85: 1:00am On Apr 08, 2020
DabuIIIT:

Get lost!!!!!!!!!

That evil thing at the Aso rock will take Niger Delta money and share to his people in the north, only the north!
5 % oil revenue goes to the development of the Boko Haram ravaged Northeast every month, running into billions!!!!
Almost all federal government positions in all fed govt agencies in the whole nation, even in the south, NIMASA,customs, NPA, DPR,... are all headed and occupied by northerners!!!!! More than 70%vat is generated in the south especially from alcoholic drinks that the north hypocritically forbids but takes lion share of same vat!

We south wish we were never in a country with you!!!!!!!!!??
THUNDA FAYA LUGARD SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THUNDA FAYA 1914 AMALGAMATION!!!!!!
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD JUST GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehehehehe grin grin grin

Bros DabullIT don vex be dat! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by XANDERBOY85: 1:02am On Apr 08, 2020
conyema12:

Typical case of being too 'smart' for your own good! shocked
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by YeeboMuslim: 1:09am On Apr 08, 2020
conyema12:

Victim mentality all the time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Yenefer(f): 5:39am On Apr 08, 2020
bigpicture001:

Am Christian and a southerner...I engage in son form of ethnic arguments sometimes...av been banned 15x in total....

Solo,ur not alone in the banning club,neither are u barred cuz ur a northerner...

1 love
one love
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by NaMe4: 6:00am On Apr 08, 2020
OP Pls pull down those images as the owner of that Id card can be easily traced, even from the pictures alone.
The most important digits of the Id number of the primary beneficiary are exposed.
Also the QR code!
Re: Are We Still ONE NIGERIA? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 08, 2020
Yenefer:

Baby you are really cute.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Rochas Okorocha Covid-19 Palliative For Imo West Senatorial District / Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets / Ekweremadu's Treatment Will Be Better - Nnamdi Kanu To Orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.