Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide (137666 Views)

Man Wins $30.5 Million Lottery 24 Hours After His Girlfriend Dumped Him (Video) / My Girlfriend Dumped Me. Now It's Working For My Good / She Dumped Me For Her Ex, Shattered Me Into Irredeemable Pieces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by deltateam: 7:02am On Apr 09, 2020
Morale of the Story:

I learnt that we should be content with what we have while striving to be better.

I also learnt to pick my calls and return calls because you never know if your 'Hello' could save a life.

I also learnt to save for a rainy day and not to be extravagant.

I also learnt to persevere because if op had taken his life, he wouldn't have been the MVP at the moment!

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by SenecaTheYonger: 7:02am On Apr 09, 2020
Kingarthur21:
oga,a broke guy doesn't eat food of 300 or 200...
Despite being born with a silver spoon when I lost my dad and we lost everything I ate twice a day,guguru and pure water or garri with a pinch of salt as there was no sugar .....
That was almost two decades though...let me not derail your thread but so far I see you as one not prudent with cash... The 1500 you get per day,you spent almost all the money that same day?

I always see people like you in this thread. The ones that want to brag that their own suffering was worse than the other person. It's hilariously sad

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by rossychik(f): 7:03am On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=Tankunland post=88217845] thank you bro for the prayer. I have been sad all through the week and just decided to write this so maybe someone could learn a thing or 2 from it[/quotooh we really leant more than two.
Btw u will make a very good writer.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Frankcallys(m): 7:03am On Apr 09, 2020
DonHummer:

I would like to know what killed shola

Isn't it obvious that she dated yahoo plus guys. She loves money more than this dude that went to hell and back just to love her and the kids.

Even in the pit of hell, he refused to use her for the ritual. But just like the grasshopper the horn bird killed (Ukpana okpoko gburu) she later end up with yahoo plus guys and they used her to garnish their ritual stew.

I'm just happy for the guy cos he's one hell of a fighter!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by olumidedvd(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2020
Hmm... Good story. My story is coming soon. And it might take couple of weeks for to finish it. It is my true life story. Please watch out.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:07am On Apr 09, 2020
Stan2396:

He can do DNA of in doubt.

Better o bcose with all dis story wen i read so......dat girl line-aqe na kardashians.... Dem dey reck any man
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by deltateam: 7:09am On Apr 09, 2020
Kevsmart88:
Lots of lessons to extract from this piece, enough of the threads on nairaland bashing women all the time. We need more of this to serve as life lessons to the younger generation. Seun if you're reading this, it's high time you put a stop on so many denigrating threads flooding nairaland about our women cos that's all we read on romance sections these days. Be strong fella, keep the hustle real and diversify, be present in that young hommies life cos that's the perfect gift she left you painful you didn't call back to hear her affirm the legitimacy herself. Finally when the time is right, find a woman that will give you the peace you seek and fill the void shola left....peace bro!

Dude, Your last few sentences shows you didn't understand. No human: man or woman can give you peace. Its only God that gives peace.

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by SenecaTheYonger: 7:17am On Apr 09, 2020
Zeinymira:
I kept ignoring this story until I saw it on FP. Thanks S.eun for bringing it on FP.

It's been a while I read a8 touching story. I'm glad you survived it. Nigeria is hard, it's harder when you do not have relatives/friends to support you. Being an orphan in this country is something else.
You're a good person, smart and also contented with the nothings you had.
I hope greedy ladies will learn that greediness ruin lives. Here's a guy who had 3 mouths to feed, still he didn't prostitute himself (Mr Greg), didn't push drugs, didn't do ritual. Yet a lady will sleep with men to buy vanity things. I hope we learn to value and appreciate the little we have.

Keep surviving OP

This is the only moral of the story that matters in this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Adebowalay(m): 7:18am On Apr 09, 2020
Veryfoolishboy:
This 1 million naira. That one million naira. Those one million naira you have been waiting for will locate you todaaaaaaaaay

I WANT THE WHOLE OF
NAIRALAND TO STAND UP
ON THEIR FEET AND SHOUT
HALELUUUUUUUUUUUYAAAAA
grin grin grin grin grin grin.. very foolish boy indeed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Primenet(m): 7:18am On Apr 09, 2020
Guy, really inspired by your story.
You will surely make it.
Don't worry, there is light at the end of the
tunnel.

Bleep XXXXPXXXX XXXXPXXXX XXXXPXXXX
MY SIDE HUSTLING BUSINESS
THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by deltateam: 7:20am On Apr 09, 2020
Tankunland:
When Shola's mom called me her first question was do i know who the father of Samuel is and I replied and said yes of course it's her grand daughters dad and she said to me I'm the real father of Samuel and that her late daughter reiterated it.

I went to see my boy and the connection was instant ooo just carrying him again after 6 months send shivers down my spine and now I'm just waiting for his Grandma to tell the other guy that Samuel is mine.

To shorten the process of paternity or should the other dude prove stubborn or if it seems the process will take time; Simply do a DNA test on your son and have a lawyer copy him a legal warning.

That should settle it.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by ProtectMyMoney: 7:22am On Apr 09, 2020
heniford2:
depression can make you lose ur senses ,can make you start thinking like a kid and the funny thing its during this period it looks like everything its against you the only ideas in your head its to kill urself oh [b]God i don't know how to tell you this buh situation can humble u to zero level of self pit[/b]y

I clearly understand depression, but i think social media has played a part in making people wallow in self pity as they easily consume make believe life and use it to compare their situation, thus feeling inadequate.

I truly understand a humble situation. I was once in those shoes and mine was in those days when there was no mobile phones.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by azukaegopeter(m): 7:24am On Apr 09, 2020
This is the best piece i have ever read here.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Papasmal(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2020
Vavevivo:
Op thanks for sharing. Your story has given me hope. I contemplated on ending my life today because everything seems to have fallen apart.
My wife will put to birth this month and I have not registered her in any hospital because no money. I sold my laptop two weeks ago just to get us food for the lockdown and my rent will expire on the 17th next month. I’m just hoping for a miracle

You will survive my brother..

That your unborn child will bring you loads of futune...be hopeful you will have a turnaround.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Eray(f): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2020
bobogii2008:

It is well ma. I found myself in a very difficult situation like this also some years ago. During this time I had cause to visit someone at the hospital, and in that same ward was a young boy of around 16 years on another bed in serious pains, seated by his bedside was the mother. The young man was writhing seriously in pains and was crying, his mom was crying also by his bedside, it was a very pathetic scene and I had to beckon on someone to find out what d problem was with the boy. I was told he had liver problems and needed about 3 million to undergo a surgery and they haven't been able to raise the money. When I got back home I went on my knees and I apologised to God for being such an ungrateful human beign , I was healthy my family members were healthy, I didnt have to run helter skelter to source for emergency funds and from then on my perspective about life changed. My point is , there are alot of people that would want to trade their position for yours at this moment. My sister when there is life there is hope, tough times dont last long tough people do.
I can understand, sometime the pressure is so much. But I will be strong, I promise

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by smudge2079(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2020
This is a very sad story. I wish you well bro.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 09, 2020
Eray:
reading your story at 1:03 am cause I couldn't sleep. Your story has touched me to the point I can't but shed tears. I am connecting with your story, because am going through stuff at the moment and I know how it feels to be abandoned by family and friends. Am married with 2 kid but it hasn't been easy since hubby lost his job. Being owed salaries for months now with no assistance from family. Just yesterday I was telling my husband, 'I fell like dying so I can rest'. But I Guess he thinks am joking. If only he knows how long and careful I have been thinking about taking my own life.its not easy wen you fall from a place of comfort to a place where you can bearly even feed your kids much more your self. And when no one seem to come through for you, it isn't just easy. I only have my faith in God. Your story has inspired me tonight to still remain strong, thank God you shared it. You've given me hope, may God bless you

Its just a matter of time, keep on praying for Godly intervention.
Encourage your spouse dont ever belittle his efforts.
I knew how much we suffered then.
What is he (your spouse) in to?
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Passionate1(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2020
Jeffy1206:
A good one there... But I hope you have also learnt your lessons too? Cos some of the actions are not wise... Never love a girl too much no mata what, except she's ur wife undecided

Even if na ur wife. .you've got to be wise to live in this time. .women by nature are opportunistic
Be very careful !

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by einsteine(m): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2020
I really don't think the OP has learnt anything.

Even after her death, she's still deceiving you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Eray(f): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2020
Eco2580:

Its just a matter of time, keep on praying for Godly intervention.
Encourage your spouse dont ever belittle his efforts.
I knew how much we suffered then.
What is he (your spouse) in to?
oh thank you, he worked with a transport company that transport wheat and flour products but lost his job July last year.

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by amaks: 7:38am On Apr 09, 2020
Tankunland:
The next morning I and my former customer started our journey to ijebu in his 2018 Toyota Camry ride, now this guy and many of them in my area then where like brothers to me, some of us all played football together and I was extremely generous to them wheb I was working. I was like the go to guy when many young guys in my area was hungry then, i could be at work and they call and say baba i dey hungry oo and I say go meet so and so woman and collect 500 or 1k to eat so it was easy for them to assist me in there own way they thought.

While we journeyed I asked him what would his babalawo would asked of me because I knew what those Yahoo boy's did or are doing to make fetish money because I entered their rooms to clean it when I worked in the hotel. We had 15 rooms in my hotel and 10 of those rooms were always been occupied by this Yahoo boys, even though I was the assistant manager they only allowed me clean there rooms so I saw so many things and I could tell you Yahoo isn't what any young boy should do please.

he told me his babalawo won't asked for much and what concerns money he would take care of it for me so I felt a bit relieved that I won't be spending any money. We got to ijebu and the Papa told me that what I needed to do was something small that all of these boys coming to his place all did it and I asked baba what would I do and he said I would get a goat for the sacrifice that I would bath with his blood and rasak said he would get it and the baba gave me a white piece of clothes just like a shape of an handkerchief and said when I and the woman I love the most is done making love I should rub her vaginal with it and her womb would be gone forever and I should back with it and if I don't make 5 million in 48 hours I should come with a gun to kill him.

Guy's I kid you not I froze immediately, my mouth was wide agast, I didn't know what to mutter or say all I told baba was let me go home and think about it some more and when we were driving back to Lagos all I could think of was how could i do this to my shola, all I could picture is was her beautiful smiles and when we got to Lagos and Rasak dropped me I deleted his number that moment. He even gave me 5k again but I couldn't accept it because I now fully grasp what he did to make such money and the number of young girls that came into his room each day I only SMH and I remember taking the laptop to computer village the next day and sold it for 20k just to please my family. Now let me talk about the second temptation

Thank God for your life. Thanks for this inspirational testimony. You have touched people here on nairaland. Remain strong, remain blessed.

Please what exactly do you see in those Yahoo boy's rooms at the hotel when you go to clean it? Please educate the rest of us so whenever we see such anywhere, whether in people's home or public places or anywhere, we should know. This knowledge can save a life someday. Some people might appear innocent and religious and all but you never know the evil they're into. We shouldn't be naive of the ways of the enemy. Thanks.
I'm guessing you're from Taraba state.
Wishing you more of God's blessings in life and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Felincous(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2020
Tankunland:
sincerely I would take that advice seriously. I just penned it down without even given it a thought of fetching money because I just felt sad it was 1 year already but God would let me on what to do and how to go
Bro u can send me mail: felincous@gmail.com
Let's make movie ND novel from this.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Jimmyubah2: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2020
buzorcharles:

Guy u need to reason how this write up was flowing and how he got to touch all angles of his experience. Bro hustle don't teach u how to write good comprehension.
Abi? He went to a sound secondary school then. And as his social interactions with people may also contribute.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by SenecaTheYonger: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2020
The little experience I had with a Nigerian single mother changed my life. I can't believe I dated one. I still curse myself till today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by chronique(m): 7:45am On Apr 09, 2020
einsteine:
I really don't think the OP has learnt anything.

Even after her death, she's still deceiving you.

grin grin this one off me.

Women are very good manipilators especially when a child is involved. It's never very easy to deal with them especially when you are the very nice type. Most of the time, they'd be using your head but you would be feeling you are in love until the day you would eventually have sense. This doesn't mean women are bad o. Only God knows why he gave them that skill. Honestly, your late gf was just for the highest bidder and people like that who can only love when money is involved, are not for struggling guys. That's a lesson you should learn going forward. Wish you well in your endeavors. By the way, how much would it cost to mount CCTV with 8 cameras round a building?

2 Likes

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by ordainbuzz(m): 7:45am On Apr 09, 2020
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
get out with your jaleluya, the story never finish.
have been laughing althrough, just check his moniker, very foolish boy

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Kenneth10110(m): 7:45am On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=Martinez39s post=88220810][/quote]

I support you in marking the never have a girlfriend in 20's wrong. If you can get a true girl for you and she's not the demanding type i mean you should know the girl that truly loves you and don't use impression of money to toast or woo a lady. Starting to date at 30 is not advisable to me cus at least 25-30 you should know who to settle with already and planning to get married not when pressure of marriage comes you will rush any girl and marry the wrong person. I think OP should change to early 20's. Nice story
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by goldiam(f): 7:45am On Apr 09, 2020
Makschinchin:

Your reason for quoting me being

He quoted you because you are part of the problem we have.Remember the Internet never forget.
Thank God you are alive to witness his testimony.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by Vivjoe(f): 7:46am On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=Tankunland post=88215811] When Shola's mom called me her first question was do i know who the father of Samuel is and I replied and said yes of course it's her grand daughters dad and she said to me I'm the real father of Samuel and that her late daughter reiterated it 2 days before she died guys I went crazy again.

Why me, why me, why me was the question I was asking my self. Why is all this thing's happening to me was the question that just kept repeating itself in my head.

I went to see my boy and the connection was instant ooo just carrying him again after 6 months send shivers down my spine and now I'm just waiting for his Grandma to tell the other guy that Samuel is mine.

I have already started sending my kid small small money again for his up keep Lol even tho not much because I don't even have much now but i would do everything within my power to give this Young kid the best of life that me and his late mother my queen his mother planned for him even when I never knew he was mine.

Wow I'm done. My hands ache. Just wanna say thank you to Seun Osewa for this beautiful forum, thank you to Joe Abah for retweeting that tweet even tho it hasn't yield devident yet but thanks and thank you to those beautiful souls that saved my life with that 9k I know you remember me and I say God bless you.

and to those on the verge of suicide I tell you that you can overcome and it's not the end of the world for you and Whatever you are passing through has an end ok and I need you to realize people somewhere is passing through the same or even harder situation than you. Don't give up, don't stop praying even tho I lost my faith a lil but don't lose yours because only the almighty can do all things.

To my young sister's reading this please be contented with what your man gives to you. The course of sholas death was so painful when I heard but please my dear sister dont date a Yahoo boy for any reason or even go out with one.

I tell you Yahoo doesn't work again and what they do now is Yahoo plus and some of this guy's are heartless and don't care about anyone than just to make that fetish money amd they would use you and any other girl they find to keep that money coming.

To my Young King's reading this don't have a girlfriend in your 20s please. Use that time to develop your self. Work hard to make yourself better as getting a girlfriend would really slow you dowm from attaining that top you want to go.

And last Please if you are too weak to move on or too tired to live again and you think suicide is your escape please speak out, yes some would laugh at you and call you names but speak out as there is that one person that would listen to you.

I LOVE YOU SHOLA AND REST IN PEACE[/ Wow, I am deeply touched. I pray for God's blessings upon your life. I have learnt a great deal from you. Thanks.
Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:47am On Apr 09, 2020
The fornication, adultery, abomination u guys committed caused ur suffering and even her untimely death. Sleeping with different men at d same time even in pregnancy? It's an abomination where I comes from.
Even bible made it clear to us that wages of sin is death.

1 Like

Re: I Lost my job, my girlfriend dumped me and nairalanders saved me from suicide by qtx(m): 7:48am On Apr 09, 2020
Tankunland:
When Shola's mom called me her first question was do i know who the father of Samuel is and I replied and said yes of course it's her grand daughters dad and she said to me I'm the real father of Samuel and that her late daughter reiterated it 2 days before she died guys I went crazy again.

Why me, why me, why me was the question I was asking my self. Why is all this thing's happening to me was the question that just kept repeating itself in my head.

I have already started sending my kid small small money again for his up keep Lol even tho not much because I don't even have much now but i would do everything within my power to give this Young kid the best of life that me and his late mother my queen his mother planned for him even when I never knew he was mine.

Wow I'm done. My hands ache. Just wanna say thank you to Seun Osewa for this beautiful forum, thank you to Joe Abah for retweeting that tweet even tho it hasn't yield devident yet but thanks and thank you to those beautiful souls that saved my life with that 9k I know you remember me and I say God bless you.

and to those on the verge of suicide I tell you that you can overcome and it's not the end of the world for you and Whatever you are passing through has an end ok and I need you to realize people somewhere is passing through the same or even harder situation than you. Don't give up, don't stop praying even tho I lost my faith a lil but don't lose yours because only the almighty can do all things.

To my young sister's reading this please be contented with what your man gives to you. The course of sholas death was so painful when I heard but please my dear sister dont date a Yahoo boy for any reason or even go out with one.

I tell you Yahoo doesn't work again and what they do now is Yahoo plus and some of this guy's are heartless and don't care about anyone than just to make that fetish money amd they would use you and any other girl they find to keep that money coming.

To my Young King's reading this don't have a girlfriend in your 20s please. Use that time to develop your self. Work hard to make yourself better as getting a girlfriend would really slow you dowm from attaining that top you want to go.

And last Please if you are too weak to move on or too tired to live again and you think suicide is your escape please speak out, yes some would laugh at you and call you names but speak out as there is that one person that would listen to you.

I LOVE YOU SHOLA AND REST IN PEACE
Very touching story. Meanwhile, you didnt say how your new-found career on CCTV is doing? I must also say you perhaps dont know you have a gift of writing? You may also look into that. You sound like a gentleman with a lot of emotions. Intriguing story after all with great advice and moral lessons at the end. Please do your best for Samuel. Wishing you the very best in the remaining part of your life

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (40) (Reply)

Kenyan Woman Caught Masturbating In An Uber (photos) / The Age A Girl Should Get Disvirgined Before It's Too Late! / Women; Are You A Creamer, A Squirter, Or Just Wet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.