Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: (7489 Views)

Every Right Thinking Yorubas Should Read This To Prevent Another Civil War. / Yorubas Should Never Ever Refer To Northerners As Betrayers Ever Again(photos) / What Yorubas Should Learn From The ESN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 11:17am On Apr 08, 2020
flokii:

Once APC fields a Yoruba candidate as President with a strong Northerner as VP, It's game over. Northerners are just like Yorubas, they keep and respect the North-South zoning though it's not legally written anywhere but it has been and it will be so for peace and equity.

Back to the zoning issue.. PDP will be forced to counter Yoruba with Yoruba with maybe Igbo as VP but same thing that befell Atiku will bafall whomever they choose.

Very simple politics.

The bolded can only happen only in your dreams and you know it. cheesy

There will never be a situation where the two major tickets are zoned to yorubas in future, it only happened last time because the East and north agreed to compensate you for the MKO saga. That case is dead and buried forever.
No one owes you anything again. A people who started winning elections just yesterday in 2015, should be sitting and learning and not be too garroulous.

Your attempt to paint yourselves as politically invincible after winning 2 out of about 10 national elections is futile.

You are not indispensable, take a seat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

I know yorubas like the back of my palm and I know how they think.

Let me tell you the gimmick they'll try to use in 2023.
Before APC primaries They'll sponsor 5th columnists agents within PDP to blackmail, goad, and try to armtwist the PDP to surrender their ticket to a Southerner (not because they love the south but to make yoruba APC chances brighter).
They'll even take it further trying to ensure a yoruba man gets the ticket.
Ofcourse it will not work. I've written to PDP warning them about the danger of being forced to hold primaries before APC holds theirs.

Let APC prop up their candidate as the ruling party, if yoruba picks it, then a walk over for PDP as they have no option to defeat them with a northerner.
If the South East picks the APC ticket, then truly zoning has been honored and PDP will have no other option than to comply pick an Easterner or lose it's greatest support base south of the Niger.

The bottom line is that if a yoruba gets the APC ticket, it means zoning has died and that make a northerner eligible for the PDP ticket. The East in the PDP should not be goaded into facing the yorubas on APC ticket, since yorubas do not believe in zoning, then let them fail at the polls like Awo did against Shagari.

@1st bolded
I already alluded to that in my previous post. So it's you Igbos that a so predictable.

@2nd bolded
I have already talked about Igbos have a disgusting entitlement mentality. Didn't Okorocha run alongside Buhari for the APC ticket in 2011

@3rd bolded
I have never seen such form of cowardice all my life.
You Igbos beat empty chest everyday trying to measure up to Yorubas. Yet would rather hide behind an aboooki master than take on us in a free and fair election one one one. Remember, Ekwueme ended his vice presidency in jail... grin

Even if APC agrees to field an Igbo candidate while PDP agrees to field a Yoruba candidate, you will still run away from the contest. Of course, we all know PDP will win... grin cool

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by masseratti: 11:23am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

You really don't get it ...we are saying to yorubas obey zoning or we show u that not only you can be crazy enough to vote north it's simple

Igbos would never stand by n watch north mess up a Yoruba man , reason we took obasanjo as our own ...even if we didn't want to we were vocal on sowore it's our nature

Igbo would never support a Yoruba man in 2023 not out of hate or envy but simply because it's not right an d it's unjust ....even if it was south south turn or middle belt turn we would still do the same thing

Igbos really don't care about political position reason we can let it out untill yorubas learn
did Igbos obey zoning with PDP chairmanship? Answer is no, the same argument they made in PDP for party chairmanship that is suppose to be for SW is what they are using in APC, you don't reap where you don't invest, that's what the PDP said to deny Yorubas from been party chairman in 2015,after the election, despite the fact that the SW had a state under PDP.

On Obasanjo, in 1999 the SW west choice was olú falae, SE and the North teamed up to vote Obasanjo, those were the two leading candidates, no other "viable" choice was available, so save us you took OBJ has your own, infact OBJ repaid the southeast very well they dominated his cabinet.

When Igbos stop playing political victims I think they will stand a better chance, as for me I would love to see an Igbo president 2023,yorubas has no problem with that, play your politics well and you will be respected.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by mrvitalis(m): 11:25am On Apr 08, 2020
masseratti:
did Igbos obey zoning with PDP chairmanship? Answer is no, the same argument they made in PDP for party chairmanship that is suppose to be for SW is what they are using in APC, you don't reap where you don't invest, that's what the PDP said to deny Yorubas from been party chairman in 2015,after the election, despite the fact that the SW had a state under PDP.

On Obasanjo, in 1999 the SW west choice was olú falae, SE and the North teamed up to vote Obasanjo, those were the two leading candidates, no other "viable" choice was available, so save us you took OBJ has your own, infact OBJ repaid the southeast very well they dominated his cabinet.

When Igbos stop playing political victims I think they will stand a better chance, as for me I would love to see an Igbo president 2023,yorubas has no problem with that, play your politics well and you will be respected.
Did igbos collect chairmanship from u guys ..greed and infighting made woke take it from u guys

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 11:32am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

@1st bolded
I already alluded to that in my previous post. So it's you Igbos that a so predictable.

@2nd bolded
I have already talked about Igbos have a disgusting entitlement mentality. Didn't Okorocha run alongside Buhari for the APC ticket in 2011

@3rd bolded
I have never seen such form of cowardice all my life.
You Igbos beat empty chest everyday trying to measure up to Yorubas. Yet would rather hide behind an aboooki master than take on us in a free and fair election one one one. Remember, Ekwueme ended his vice presidency in jail... grin

Even if APC agrees to field an Igbo candidate while PDP agrees to field a Yoruba candidate, you will still run away from the contest. Of course, we all know PDP will win... grin cool

You yorubas are the ones with the entitlement mentality and chestbeating, even your brother flokii deludes himself that a 'yoruba vs yoruba' candidacy will happen in 2023. grin

You think you are smarter than the rest of the country but unfortunately you are frustrated that your sleaziness is becoming intolerable as the East mobilize rest of the south against your greed.

You cannot eat you cake and have it, you ate your cake in 1999 and can only have it back when the East takes their rightful turn which we all termed as the 'zoning principle'. That is the shortest route to the next yoruba presidency. Zoning you called it, zoning it shall be.

If you are tired of it, then you can contest with all pleasure in your APC and the antidote that greed is well known to all and sundry. But like the Corona virus in a cancer patient, there is little or nothing you and I can do to stop the pre-destined failure of a yoruba man on an APC ticket in 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Odkosh: 11:34am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Abiola said he can do without igbos ...we showed him

You expected us to vote awolowo after his role in the civil war ? Why do yorubas think they can hurt someone and the person would just forget ...same way u are expecting south south to help make u president after Jonathan

Abiola got over 40% vote from the east even tho tofa had an Igbo vice still turned back to say he can do without igbos

Obj was just the first time zoning was introduced all man fourth for it , even Igbo leaders told Alex to step down and didn't vote for him that's why u hear igbos betrayed Alex
After the primary we gave OBJ full support and had a pleasant relationship with him till today

Everything igbos have done to yorubas from day one was payback ....like we are going to do in 2023
So how dare you expecting yorubas to vote igboman after your nnamdiot cownu insult and the the he ordered you to kill yorubas.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

I wish the north can just stay out of 2023 let's teach you people small politice ....

How is that possible you sentimental blowhard when the fact is that the North is even the region most fearful of an Igbo Presidency in Nigeria?

The inability of the Igbo to confront and admit the truth will always be your problem. You unreasonable and hateful people like to make 2023 about Yoruba "greed" yet have you dealt with how virtually all Northern powerbrokers do not want an Igbo man anywhere near the Presidency?

How can the North then stay out of a presidential race that means more to them than even the Yorubas? Tell Northerners the Presidency is zoned to the south and the Yorubas have withdrawn to leave an Igbo candidate and watch as all Northern powerbrokers and elite will unite to go and break down Tinubu's door to insist he must run.

Junaid Mohammed, because he is a radical, saying below what most Northerners think but cannot utter publicly. You Igbos should first confront how no one wants you as President, let alone be willing to support you achieve that, before you make out 2023 is about "greedy" Yorubas not stepping aside.

We must not forget that below is the same Junaid Mohammed always attacking Yorubas. Yet when it comes to the Presidency he makes it clear it is Abi - anyone but Igbos. Precisely how most Northerners and even Nigerians feel.

https://www.independent.ng/2023-i-will-rather-have-tinubu-as-president-than-have-an-igbo-man-junaid-mohammed/

2023: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Have An Igbo Man – Junaid Mohammed

Junaid Mohammed, a Second Republic lawmaker at the weekend said he will throw his weight behind Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, a national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) if he decides to contest the presidency in 2023.
Speaking in an interview with Daily Independent, Junaid said he will rather have Tinubu to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari than any of the candidates in the South East.

He said ” If Tinubu wants to be the President of Nigeria and he asks for my advice, I will say go ahead because I will rather have Tinubu as President than have some of the people in the South-East who are ambitious and want to blackmail Nigeria into ceding power to them”.
“I know that no matter what happens, even if Tinubu were to be drunk, he will be a better President than Goodluck Jonathan”.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Odkosh: 11:37am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:
The simple truth is only equity and justice can unite the south ...but yorubas want to be the Lord's of the south ....

All igbos are saying is simple , let's as south maintain the zoning formulae , that's the only way any of us stand a chance against north ,
Today it's igbo turn buh just because yorubas think they can get northern votes they want to put an end to zoning ,it's crazy but we igbos just they watch by the side
Yes, that was the same dream your fathers had back then that made the made a statement that igbos are born to rule over others before yorubas showed the the masterclass. Deal with it.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 11:38am On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

You yorubas are the ones with the entitlement mentality and chestbeating, even your brother flokii deludes himself that a 'yoruba vs yoruba' candidacy will happen in 2023. grin

You think you are smarter than the rest of the country but unfortunately you are frustrated that your sleaziness is becoming intolerable as the East mobilize rest of the south against your greed.

You cannot eat you cake and have it, you ate your cake in 1999 and can only have it back when the East takes their rightful turn which we all termed as the 'zoning principle'. That is the shortest route to the next yoruba presidency. Zoning you called it, zoning it shall be.

If you are tired of it, then you can contest with all pleasure in your APC and the antidote that greed is well known to all and sundry. But like the Corona virus in a cancer patient, there is little or nothing you and I can do to stop the pre-destined failure of a yoruba man on an APC ticket in 2023.

If wishes were horses, Igbos will ride... smiley

Nobody is stopping Igbos from contesting the APC presidential ticket with Yorubas in 2023... embarassed

Afterall, Ekwueme contested the PDP presidential ticket with Obasanjo twice and lost on both occasions... grin

Nobody will give Igbos ticket on a platter. Even PDP won't!

Like Abiola and Obasanjo won, another Yoruba will win, by God's grace... cool

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 08, 2020
Odkosh:
So how dare you expecting yorubas to vote igboman after your nnamdiot cownu insult and the the he ordered you to kill yorubas.
We don’t expect Yoruba’s to vote an Igbo. We don’t want your fake ass love which you’ve displayed since the 1950’s. Such love is similar to the love displayed by Judas Iscariot on Jesus.

Nnamdi Kanu is still a learner compared to the mirage of insults and hate you Yoruba’s have casted on Ndigbo for decades.
From Awo’s starvation agenda during the war, to your demonic Lagos-Ibadan express evil demarketing newspapers on Ndigbo to OPC threats in 1993 and later the Oba of Lagoon speech in 2015. But when we hit back you cry like sissies. How about the hate speeches of FFK before his baptism? Or have you forgotten Adeyinka Grandson and the other idiotic Doctor Ariyo in the US asking for chemical weapons to wipe out the Igbos. Awon Accomodators.

We’ve not forgotten your demonic Yoruba Ronu against Ndigbo, neither did we forget your evil intentions you’ve had in your hearts against us. So to hell with your support. But be rest assured that the mistake we made by supporting Yoruba agenda in 1993 to 2007 will never be repeated again. Never!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2020
Like I've reiterated, we are not begging.

But if yorubas want to be realistic and wise, they'll understand that an Eastern presidency is more beneficial to yoruba aspiration than against it.

The faster it happens, the quicker yoruba presidential aspirations are also realized. Zoning means that every region's presidential aspirations are tied to the other. #Fact

If I were them, even if I don't like Igbos, I'll drop emotions and become the biggest supporter of Eastern presidency just like Ndigbo supported OBJ, so that it can get to yorubaland quicker. It's common sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by PDJT: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

You really don't get it ...we are saying to yorubas obey zoning or we show u that not only you can be crazy enough to vote north it's simple

Igbos would never stand by n watch north mess up a Yoruba man , reason we took obasanjo as our own ...even if we didn't want to we were vocal on sowore it's our nature

Igbo would never support a Yoruba man in 2023 not out of hate or envy but simply because it's not right an d it's unjust ....even if it was south south turn or middle belt turn we would still do the same thing

Igbos really don't care about political position reason we can let it out untill yorubas learn

-“Vocal on Sowore..” but abusive towards Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu & IPOB and you think outsiders will take you serious.

-Mbaise man, keep begging to be accepted in “One Nigeria”. grin

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by masseratti: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2020
mrvitalis:

Did igbos collect chairmanship from u guys ..greed and infighting made woke take it from u guys
with the support of Igbos, if everyone respected the zoning you are talking about, wike won't have stood a chance, you can't eat your cake and have it at the same time.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 11:58am On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

You keep posting as if Abiola didn't beat Tofa, a Kano man, hands down even in Kano in 1993.. embarassed

Didn't Gbajabiamila defeat Bago to clinch the speakership Why didnt the aboookis support their brother

You guys don't know anything... grin

Bwahahaha, you are neonate. A small boy in political history.

The North had the presidency, senate, CJN, SGF and you think they can't spare a measly Speakership position to pacify you for your measly votes? grin

Didn't they support Ndigbo for Senate presidency severally while you were in the doldrums of opposition amala politics? grin

You think they'll give you the 'big fish' aka presidency when that's all they have, if there is a chance to take it? Even if Oga bourdillon empties his entire treasury like he did at Gbaja's election, it won't work. grin

Like I said, una never jam. Sit down and learn, you are a newcomer in the sphere of winning national elections, your propaganda and chestbeating at Alaroye newspaper stands should not deceive you yet. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

Bwahahaha, you are neonate. A small boy in political history.

The North had the presidency, senate, CJN, SGF and you think they can't spare a measly Speakership position to pacify you for your measly votes? grin

Didn't they support Ndigbo for Senate presidency severally while you were in the doldrums of opposition amala politics? grin

You think they'll give you the 'big fish' aka presidency when that's all they have, if there is a chance to take it? Even if Oga bourdillon empties his entire treasury like he did at Gbaja's election, it won't work. grin

Like I said, una never jam. Sit down and learn, you are a newcomer in the sphere of winning national elections, your propaganda and chestbeating at Alaroye newspaper stands should not deceive you yet. grin

Yet they could not spare the speakership in 2015 when it was between Gbaja and Dogara, a Christian

Have Igbos ever been Senate President aside 1999-2007

Why are you avoid the Abiola scenario like a plague grin
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

You keep posting as if Abiola didn't beat Tofa, a Kano man, hands down even in Kano in 1993.. embarassed

Didn't Gbajabiamila defeat Bago to clinch the speakership Why didnt the aboookis support their brother

You guys don't know anything... grin

Igbos, because they are hateful beyond redemption, are the only ethnic group in Nigeria not to appreciate that politics is about permanent interest and nothing else.

Many Northerners, the same people some Nigerians call "born to rule", will be the first to ensure their power base line up behind a Yoruba if this furthers their permanent interest.

Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis understand this concept of permanent interest in politics and work with it. Even Ijaws, with their gracious behavior after their son GEJ lost, show they understand this also.

Only Igbos remain too hateful to understand and accept this simple concept. Long may they then remain in political purgatory and prisoners to their own hatred of others.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Avalancheman: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2020
Oshigun:

Igbos, because they are hateful beyond redemption, are the only ethnic group in Nigeria not to appreciate that politics is about permanent interest and nothing else.

Many Northerners, the same Igbos some Nigerians call "born to rule", will be the first to ensure their power base line up behind a Yoruba if this furthers their permanent interest. Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis understand this concept of permanent interest in politics. Even Ijaws, with their gracious behavior after their son GEJ lost, show they understand this also.

Only Igbos remain too hateful to understand and accept this simple concept. Long may they then remain in political purgatory and prisoners to their own hatred of others.

Don't mind the ambition learners.

Rather than begin to strategise how to get the presidency in 2023, they are hell bent on 'trying' to stop/frustrate Yorubas... embarassed

Quite pathetic!

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
Avalancheman:

Don't mind the ambition learners.

Rather than begin to strategise how to get the presidency in 2023, they are hell bent on 'trying' to stop/frustrate Yorubas... embarassed

Quite pathetic!

The bottom line is that what is the USP (unique selling point) appeal of Igbos today to Party caucuses who determine the Presidential flag bearer for each Party?

This late in the day, and only 3 years from 2023, can Igbos repair decades of damage to the Northern psyche caused by the politics of hate, insult and recrimination Igbos chose to deploy against 'Aboki'?

Igbos should first tackle how, due to their own actions, many now view them unelectable before they begin the blame game against Yorubas who are simply pursing an ambition the Nigerian constitution gives them the right to aspire to with the support of others.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LegendHero(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

I know yorubas like the back of my palm and I know how they think.

Let me tell you the gimmick they'll try to use in 2023.
Before APC primaries They'll sponsor 5th columnists agents within PDP to blackmail, goad, and try to armtwist the PDP to surrender their ticket to a Southerner (not because they love the south but to make yoruba APC chances brighter).
They'll even take it further trying to ensure a yoruba man gets the ticket.
Ofcourse it will not work. I've written to PDP warning them about the danger of being forced to hold primaries before APC holds theirs.

Let APC prop up their candidate as the ruling party, if yoruba picks it, then a walk over for PDP as they have no option to defeat them with a northerner.
If the South East picks the APC ticket, then truly zoning has been honored and PDP will have no other option than to comply pick an Easterner or lose it's greatest support base south of the Niger.

The bottom line is that if a yoruba gets the APC ticket, it means zoning has died and that makes a northerner also eligible for the PDP ticket. The East in the PDP should not be goaded and stampeded into facing the yorubas on APC ticket, since yorubas do not believe in zoning, then let them go and face certain failure at the polls like Awo did against Shagari.

The problem of you guys is that you have no foresight and your move can be predicted easily.

Hear this, both parties will field a southerner in 2023. I don’t know why you guys always like living in delusion by thinking the North will contest 2023 polls.

You need to start strategizing now on how an Igbo man in PDP can defeat a Yoruba man in APC. That should be your goals.

Don’t be a coward, you can face the Yorubas at the polls too. Why are you so scared of the Yorubas? I though you claim to own the SS and Middle Belt vote? Why not deploy a technique to win over the Northern Christian and use that to seal your fate?

Why must your success depend on the Yoruba failure? This is the same thing your fore-fathers did that made them second fiddle ever since they’ve been forming alliance with the Fulani North.

Be bold once, let’s meet at the polls!

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LegendHero(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:
Like I've reiterated, we are not begging.

But if yorubas want to be realistic and wise, they'll understand that an Eastern presidency is more beneficial to yoruba aspiration than against it.

The faster it happens, the quicker yoruba presidential aspirations are also realized. Zoning means that every region's presidential aspirations are tied to the other. #Fact

If I were them, even if I don't like Igbos, I'll drop emotions and become the biggest supporter of Eastern presidency just like Ndigbo supported OBJ, so that it can get to yorubaland quicker. It's common sense.

You don’t threaten someone with something they can get independent of you.

Why do the Yoruba have to vote an Igbo man for us to have a chance at the presidency?

Yoruba can get presidency too by aligning with the North without the Igbo man in the equation. It happened in 1993 and can happen again.

An Osinbajo/El-Rufai ticket will defeat any other combinations of North president/SE Vice in PDP.

Even Kwakwanso contesting cannot save you guys.

You should rather bargain with the Yorubas with something else. A slave don’t promise his master freedom, it is usually the other way round!!
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
LegendHero:

The problem of you guys is that you have no foresight and your move can be predicted easily.

Hear this, both parties will field a southerner in 2023. I don’t know why you guys always like living in delusion by thinking the North will contest 2023 polls.

You need to start strategizing now on how an Igbo man in PDP can defeat a Yoruba man in APC. That should be your goals.

Don’t be a coward, you can face the Yorubas at the polls too. Why are you so scared of the Yorubas? I though you claim to own the SS and Middle Belt vote? Why not deploy a technique to win over the Northern Christian and use that to seal your fate?

Why must your success depend on the Yoruba failure? This is the same thing your fore-fathers did that made them second fiddle ever since they’ve been forming alliance with the Fulani North.

Your 'longthroat' for presidency is dependent on another region saying 'No' to the presidency but you are asking why one's sucess is dependent on another failure? Joker! grin

Oga leave emotions, and show us if the body language of the north, implies that they are not interested in ruling? Point to one Northern leader today who is keen on yoruba rule? Just one, even if it's an Islamic cleric of a village mosque in katsina. grin

You are the one who wants to kill zoning due to greedy and hate for equity yet you cry fowl because the rug is about to be pulled from under your leg by the rest of the south like you've always done to others. grin

Stop being emotional, if APC zones the ticket to yoruba and kills the zoning principle, YOU ARE FACING THE NORTH+SESS at the polls. No emotional goading, name-calling or insult can change that. Shikena! grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by kayfra: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2020
Igbos want to reap where they didn't sow.

Go beg your master PDP for presidential ticket and never mention APC in your life again.
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LabDNA: 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
LegendHero:

You don’t threaten someone with something they can get independent of you.

Why do the Yoruba have to vote an Igbo man for us to have a chance at the presidency?

Yoruba can get presidency too by aligning with the North without the Igbo man in the equation. It happened in 1993 and can happen again.

An Osinbajo/El-Rufai ticket will defeat any other combinations of North president/SE Vice in PDP.

Even Kwakwanso contesting cannot save you guys.

You should rather bargain with the Yorubas with something else. A slave don’t promise his master freedom, it is usually the other way round!!

Most of what you are saying here, I have addressed them already.

It will be better to cut a deal with North (your master) than bargain with a slave who have NEVER made themselves president and only started helping their master to win elections twice and just recently in their national history. It will be foolish to think otherwise. grin
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LegendHero(m): 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

Your 'longthroat' for presidency is dependent on another region saying 'No' to the presidency but you are asking why one's sucess is dependent on another failure? Joker! grin

Oga leave emotions, and show us if the body language of the north, implies that they are not interested in ruling? Point to one Northern leader today who is keen on yoruba rule? Just one, even if it's an Islamic cleric of a mosque in katsina. grin

You are the one who wants to kill zoning due to greedy and hate for equity yet you cry fowl because the rug is about to pulled from under your leg by the rest of the south like you've always done to others. grin

Stop being emotional, if APC zones the ticket to yoruba and kills the zoning principle, YOU ARE FACING THE NORTH+SESS at the polls. No emotional goading, name-calling or insult can change that. Shikena! grin

I only advise people once. You should ponder on my earlier post and see the sense in it. You won’t get that kind of advise anywhere else expect from an intelligent fella like me grin grin grin.

@the bolded, Osinbajo/El-Rufai ticket will defeat ANY North/SE candidate. I can bet everything betable on that!
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Muna4real(f): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Oshigun:

The bottom line is that what is the USP (unique selling point) appeal of Igbos today to Party caucuses who determine the Presidential flag bearer for each Party?

This late in the day, and only 3 years from 2023, can Igbos repair decades of damage to the Northern psyche caused by the politics of hate, insult and recrimination Igbos chose to deploy against 'Aboki'?

Igbos should first tackle how, due to their own actions, many now view them unelectable before they begin the blame game against Yorubas who are simply pursing an ambition the Nigerian constitution gives them the right to aspire to with the support of others.

What of the ones that the aboki choose to deploy against igbos. You are speaking as if the northerners have not done worse things to the igbos to deserve the hatred. Should we speak of the killings? In fact you should know better. Let me not waste the page.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
LegendHero:

They can never do this because, deep down, most Igbos know they have offended other Nigerians and remain unelectable to them.

Their egocentric and self-destructive nature will not allow them admit this reality let alone they even begin seeking how they can make amends and change the perception of Igbos in the eyes of other Nigerians.

Instead, and true to their insincere nature, focus moves on to "greedy" Yorubas for why Igbo an cannot be president in 2023. They are already making convenient excuse they think disguise the fact that Igbos themselves know that Nigerians will reject them soundly.

They ignore the fact that even if Yorubas dropped out, Nigerians would still vote SS man or any other non-Yoruba southern candidate as President ahead of an Igboman.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LegendHero(m): 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
LabDNA:

Most of what you are saying here, I have addressed them already.

It will be better to cut a deal with North (your master) than bargain with a slave who have NEVER made themselves president and only started helping their master to win elections twice and just recently in their national history. It will be foolish to think otherwise. grin

In reality, a slave can never rule the household of the master right?

The SW you called slaves have won a presidential election contest nationally 3 times with one annulled.

The SE who are the real slaves have never been given the chance to contest as leading presidential aspirants for two leading parties since 1999, let alone being presidents. The master made it in such a way that true slaves can never rule the household!

Who are the slaves?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by LegendHero(m): 1:10pm On Apr 08, 2020
Oshigun:

They can never do this because, deep down, most Igbos know they have offended other Nigerians and remain unelectable to them.

Their egocentric and self-destructive nature will not allow them admit this reality let alone they even begin seeking how they can make amends and change the perception of Igbos in the eyes of other Nigerians.

Instead, and true to their insincere nature, focus moves on to "greedy" Yorubas for why Igbo an cannot be president in 2023. They are already making convenient excuse they think disguise the fact that Igbos themselves know that Nigerians will reject them soundly.

They ignore the fact that even if Yorubas dropped out, Nigerians would still vote SS man or any other non-Yoruba southern candidate as President ahead of an Igboman.

They don’t like facing reality. Democracy is a game of numbers and you have to live strictly by the rules.

Abusing people online daily is not an act of bravery, taking actions without thinking through the consequences is not an act of intelligence.

They are like Badiye ba da mi loogun nu, ma fo leyin (If a chicken pour my medicine away, I will smash her eggs in revenge).

But they forgot that Bowo eni oba ti te eku ida, ko le bere iku to pa baba e (when a man haven’t yet grabbed the handle of the sword, it is foolhardy to ask for the kind of death that killed his father (meaning take revenge).

What will the Igbos revenge with? They don’t have the political numbers. They don’t have the talent of political mutual alliance. Lastly, they don’t understand the diplomacy of politics and always count their chicken before they hatch.

How exactly do they seek to revenge?
Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
Muna4real:

What of the ones that the aboki choose to deploy against igbos. You are speaking as if the northerners have not done worse things to the igbos to deserve the hatred. Should we speak of the killings? In fact you should know better. Let me not waste the page.

Look dear lady, you are showing the sentimentality of Igbos again. Can I lie that Northerners commit atrocities against us in the south?

Go through my posts and see where I have tongue-lashed Northerners like Arrewa for the insecurity and wanton killing their savage Fulani barbarians are getting away with in the South because of covert backing from Northern powers-that-be !!!!

Yet it is only you Igbos that do not realize that these things need political solutions and we will not gain that political solution if the south has no political influence in a system where power is inordinately concentrated in the Presidency !!! How difficult is that for you Igbos to understand?

Knowing the North is needed for any region to produce the Presidency, why antagonize them as if you Igbos alone have the power to do and undo only to then be begging when the critical hour is upon us?

Fact is that the North will appreciate they cannot continue to monopolize power as the influential Yorubas, who will not accept being relegated to second class unfairly, will rebel. Yorubas will simply argue that if the North wish to use their touted population superiority to remain in power then we too will use our economic superiority to begin moving away from Nigeria. We did this with Amotekun and got our ways despite the noise and threats of Miyetti Allah etal.

Unlike Igbos, we don't need a do-or-die clamor for secession to hurt others socio-economically and remind them of our indispensable worth to Nigeria.

Even Covid-19 is showing how those who considered themselves supermen yesterday, like Trump, are on their knees begin today.

The North will therefore always do a deal with the Yorubas, for their own self-preservation, because of how we have always done things to greatest effect.

The North know a Yoruba President will enact changes that will affect them but they also have many reasonable Northerners, like El Rufai and some modern administrators in the North currently, who accept Nigeria, and indeed the North, is in need of change.

It is not Yorubas forcing many like Ganduje etal to now voluntarily move against illiteracy, disenfranchisement of the girl-child and Almajiri system in the North. It is reality showing decent Northerners that their current way of life is not sustainable.

They realize that power must change hand to keep peace and they know their interests is still best protected under the equitable Yorubas who are fair and have no vendetta against anyone. Mark my word that it is this pragmatic reality that will make a Yoruba President in 2023.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
LegendHero:

In reality, a slave can never rule the household of the master right?

The SW you called slaves have won a presidential election contest nationally 3 times with one annulled.

The SE who are the real slaves have never been given the chance to contest as leading presidential aspirants for two leading parties since 1999, let alone being presidents. The master made it in such a way that true slaves can never rule the household!

Who are the slaves?

They will never introspect to discern this. Instead it is to blame Yorubas for not being 'gifted' the 2023 Presidency.

I am sorry to say it but the Igbos are the worst ethnic group in Nigeria in regards to Nigerians being accountable for their own actions and deeds.

Do the Yorubas go round Nigeria convincing everyone to hate Igbos or is it that Igbos are just too personally irresponsible and immature to ever identify their own contributory actions towards the situation they find themselves in today?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Commends Economic Team / FCT Insecurity: ‘Tinubu Will Find Lasting Solution’ – Atiku’s Ex-Aide, Bwala / South Africa Cautions Nigeria - Stop The Insults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.