Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! (220536 Views)

I Am So Lonely / Reply To: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! / I'm Feeling So Lonely Even In My Relationship... I Want To Comit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by pocohantas(f): 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
ednut1:
grin the drama just funny me. They will be alright

Very funny. I used to get linked to Naija guys in the diaspora and na wife all of them dey find. I had to tell my colleagues to stop. I am not single and I not very enthusiastic about relocating abroad. Most of them had one thing in common, “badmouthing the Naija girls there”. I say naso, I am sure they all felt same about the girls back home years back. It is all about the lesser evil at this point. They will be alright.

9 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
Amhappy:

British PM has been married twice
Okay, but Is he married now..?
I said he is not married but not never married.
She kept that LADY as partner and he meant it
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
you picking isolated cases. The best thing for Nigerian women in diaspora is to come back home disguise and get real true love.
Yes go home and get the one that’ll use u for a visa and dump u then being his real girl over as usual. Lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by gargoylern: 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
pocohantas:

If I were a lady based on the diaspora, I will gladly hook up with a Naija guy. What I will never do is hook up with a guy that wants to escape Naija because of poverty. I will direct that one to WHO.

If he has a good job and reputation, we are good to go. Lots of Naija guys are already doing well here, they just want thats security for their kids- hence the relocation.

Will the marriage to the white woman last? How many aged mixed couples have you seen? Women that can tend to the whims and caprices of the Naija man are not so many.
You make it sound so easy. It's not in the repertoire of the Nigerian girl to reach out or approach a guy. Just as they won't do it in Canada here, they also won't extend it to Nigeria. They have the wrong opinion that it cheapens them. And that's their major failing. Probably why they will remain single for a long, long time. The outlook or thinking needs to change. You just don't stick with those you are familiar with all your life.

15 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by IMASTEX: 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
BestAccessories:

My brother, not only in Canada, come and observe small in Nigeria.

If you have time, take time out to visit Lekki, Ikoyi or Victoria Island and you would see the height of loneliness (Guys & Babes). See beyond the big houses, the flashy cars and the rest. Look at the person living in the house or riding the big car.

I will however, not discourage anyone (male or female) from travelling for greener pasture or to earn more money as far as you can cope.

Making more money also comes with depression and it isn't everyone that know how to cope or manage the pressure that comes with having more money at your disposal. You have all the resources to make you comfortable but can't find true love.

You don't know if the babe or guy you are dating is dating you for your money or really love you. Making more money also comes with arrogance. You don't wanna take shit from anyone, because he earns good money and you also earn good money, so why should I take shit from you.

Until you reach certain level, you can't understand what it takes to survives there.

Make it. Even for those in Naija with the way they all live in social media posting all what not.
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Mizwisdom(f): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Swiitdoll:

Yes, because the men usually dump them after getting a permanent stay for a white lady of being his girlfriend from back home. It’s so common that the home office has moved it from 5 years to 10 years just so the women can figure it out easily if it’s indeed a visa scam marriage lol

Hmmm, everybody does things for benefits. The woman importing the guy is doing it to achieve children for herself. That's the main aim because if she's looking for only sex, a friend can supply that so it's children she wants to have from a man who is less likely to demand custody as she is more knowledgeable about the system than him. I'm talking about working class ladies with money. She should prepare her mind that's it's a contract thing na, is she planning to fall in love with an imported husband with his own dreams and aspirations? if it's love she's looking for then she has to relocate to Nja for some time but still settle for less because no time for prince charming to be found

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by noblealuu: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Minxie:
Maybe, just maybe, they're not lonely and they are actually enjoying their lives...

In most countries, it's normal to be focused on your career as a woman. It doesn't mean you're lonely. So maybe these girls just adjusted to their surroundings and maybe they're finally happy because they live in a society where people don't expect them to get married at 25.

Just because you don't understand or agree with a culture or ideology doesn't mean that it's wrong. So just because you don't understand why they are single and career driven, doesnt mean you are right in labelling them as lonely.

If that's your logic, you can label me lonely too. I'll proudly accept grin

Hmm, the focus is this...while pursuing your career, don't neglect marriage especially as an African.

I just sent this thread to a friend who will be relocating to Canada this yr after the CoVid19 brouhaha.

He had a girl who travelled to Canada for her PG studies in Nursing, (Bsc Nursing in Nigeria). She was just doing anyhow back here, now she's fuckin lonely, and even once contemplated suicide. My guy has moved on with another girl over here.

He had advised the Canada girl to visit Nigeria this year or next year which she's obliged just for the sole purpose of "marriage".

Me sef get one for Finland wey dey give greenlight. She no too fine sef... tongue

7 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by funshow247(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
contematawa:
Please house, I want to know if I enter Canada with a tourist visa can I get work and get a working permit. Thanks.

Nope...
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by oluwableskay(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sup bro,link me up ,07061677265 is my nom.am single and searching
hAlexandro:
grin grin I Concur yeah. I've had 2 various offers. One lives in Manitoba rich young banker. She needs a guy from 9ja here in the other is from Edmonton also busty girl of Nigeria descent
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by pocohantas(f): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
gargoylern:

You make it sound so easy. It's not in the repertoire of the Nigerian girl to reach out or approach a guy. Just as they won't do it in Canada here, they also won't extend it to Nigeria. They have the wrong opinion that it cheapens them. And that's their major failing. Probably why they will remain single for a long, long time. The outlook or thinking needs to change. You just don't stick with those you are familiar with all your life.

I don’t make it sound easy, I simply said what I will do. Thank you.
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Munzy14(m): 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
gargoylern:
fc.uk off
Don't allow her blackmail you emotionally...cheesy

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by ednut1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Samuels90:
Pardon me bothering you, d handle is on twitter?
telegram. Type it as a message to someone or telegram notification. And click it

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
lepasharon:

Some of us want our kids to look like us
Many mixed race kids do look like their parents, however if you want fully black children there’s more options, how about other african men? Black Canadian men? African American men? Black carribean men? Black british men? Loads of black men of all heritages in the west, why limit yourself to nigerian men that’s a little population of all men in the west?
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by gargoylern: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Swiitdoll:

I maintain my stance. Nigerian women abroad who are looking for a partner should either get with Nigerian men abroad who have their own legal staying documents or marry interracial, to avoid stories that touch. Or he can apply for a visa himself and come join her, if he can. I’ve seen some older interracial couples, though not common but it’s probably because most people marry in their own race. I don’t ever see myself going home to find a man, of all the options, white men, Asian men, mixed race men, black men. I’d leave all those and go home lol never! Haha
You should grow beyond that thinking. It is part of what is causing all this kasala wey dey ground. You don't want to come down from your high horse to get a man without a visa. What's in a visa anyways?

11 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by pansophist(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
fairfora:
I always notice that too. Guys are also scared of getting married over there, irrespective of their employment status, dunno why

Not only Canada. I live in Europe and it's the same here. There are lots of factors that cause this.

Nigerian men here are hustlers, and wont want a woman that he would be responsible for, something that Nigerian women are used to. So you gotta make your own money, no free ride. Also, there are whites and blacks from other countries, so your options for women are practically wide.

But if the woman is good looking, she will definitely have lots of attention from men, but commitment from men is something that is slowly eroding as times goes by, sadly. One word, liberalism.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by pocohantas(f): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Hmmm, everybody does things for benefits. The woman importing the guy is doing it to achieve children for herself. That's the main aim because if she's looking for only sex, a friend can supply that so it's children she wants to have from a man who is less likely to demand custody as she is more knowledgeable about the system than him. I'm talking about working class ladies with money. She should prepare her mind that's it's a contract thing na, is she planning to fall in love with an imported husband with his own dreams and aspirations? if it's love she's looking for then she has to relocate to Nja for some time but still settle for less because no time for prince charming to be found

Thank you. I consider it the highest level of delusion to want to be loved for “yourself”.

Nigga who are you? grin

There is always something. Some will claim theirs is not superficial, materialistic, blablabla.

Fck that. grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by kem13287: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
gargoylern:

You should grow beyond that thinking. It is part of what is causing all this kasala wey dey ground. You don't want to come down from your high horse to get a man without a visa. What's in a visa anyways?
Nothing in a visa, but past behaviours of Nigerian men shows it’s risky to go back home and marry one. Their visa scam is so common that the home office has increased the duration of marriage for a permanent stay from 5 years to ten years. It sucks being used for a visa and often times left as a single mother too, even further limiting your chances of ever finding a good spouse.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by temielects(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
kalufelix:
Not just Canada ..but diaspora at large...African girls can house and feed a man as long as he stays with her...oyibo prick no dey strong and African guys dey find foreign wlomen...
that's why they patronize adults shops grin
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by uuzba(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:
MAKE Uh na come CHOP ooo, as we CELEBRATE this THREAD without INSULTING PEOPLE on Platform grin grin grin
NIGERIA go better, but eee dey our HAND.
na people make their country the way eee bi.
Make we remember our Ladies for prayer too.
This pizza of a thing that you guys are summersulting about is just bread.
BREAD!
BREAD!
Ordinary bread.
Take bread, tomatoes, egg, fish, suya.... And you are good. End of story.

9 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by jaxxy(m): 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
Cvesta:

I think that marriage did not break especially because because Jay-Z had a prenuptial agreement with her, so it was not in her interest in any way to end the marriage

She doesn't need anybodys money. She doesn't even need Jay-Z if not she still likes him. The que of men waiting to scope her is looong bt Beyonce isn't the hopping from man to man type luckily for Jayz.
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nephilim: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
SavageBoy:
Seems like men are really favored when it comes to this marriage choice of a thing.

It's getting increasingly difficult for women to get a serious man for a relationship that would lead to marriage,much especially the self made and accomplished ones(even here too in Nigeria)

If Canada own is like this,how would it be for naija girls living in Iceland undecided
I heard it's much more difficult getting a partner over there(I mean for ladies)
they should come home. I'm very much available! I'm single and searching. A fine handsome dude, they are even lucky cos I'm blessed in all ramifications...Yes oooooooo!
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Zeinymira(f): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Babatunde40:

This albino wants to go the Dubai to hustle. You are welcome to join the Porta Potty. If you don't know the meaning, you can use google to search for Porta Potty

And the big deal in being an albino is??
Why the hell did you even quote me? And it's not like you said something intelligible. Ok, the albino is going to Dubai to hustle, big deal? Is being an albino not natural human diversities?
If you are doing Porta potty in Dubai, congratulations to you!
But this albino is a professional Nurse, with other qualifications. And if she decides to go to Dubai, she will work as a nurse.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Greatelly(f): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
princetaiwo:
I live in Canada, I married my wife in Nigeria, now she as the custody of our 3 children,
She determines when and if I can see our children.
I pay her child support every month which is not a problem to me because I will still spend the money on my children if we are all still living together.
She takes all the child benefit(money) the government gives our children.
She almost destroyed me here.
I don't know my children day care.
The truth is that she caught me..........and I apologized but the freedom, independence and money make most of Nigerian women to brake their Home and later live a lonely life.
I NEVER slap or abuse my wife, that is what God use to save me.
If I may ask, do you think I will ever think of marrying a Nigerian woman here in Canada or come to Nigeria to pick a woman? NEVER

NOT ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT, THERE ARE LOT OF HOOD WOMEN, NO MATTER WHAT; THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THEIR ROOT AND HOW THINGS ARE DONE

The truth is that precious gems are hard to find. There are few good, nice & educated women here in naija but they r usually quiet, not flashy, Unfortunately men will not see them, not be committed to marry them.

6 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
pansophist:

Not only Canada. I live in Europe and it's the same here. There are lots of factors that cause this.

Nigerian men here are hustlers, and wont want a woman that he would be responsible for, something that Nigerian women are used to. Also, there are whites and blacks from other countries, so your options for women are practically wide.

But if the woman is good looking, she will definitely have lots of attention from men, but commitment from men is something that is slowly eroding as times goes by, sadly. One word, liberalism.
I concur. My 44-year old friend got married late last year. We had to force him. We used to think he had potency or fertility issues until he finally voiced out to us. He came to lagos for the wedding and left almost immediately. It's not easy over there as many people think.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
pocohantas:

Exactly why I said they should date/marry themselves there. The guys sef dey find wife. Na only woman own them see. Let Christmas reach now and all the guys will land Naija. However, if they can’t see guys there, nothing wrong in getting a responsible man here. Guys take that risk all the time, I don’t see any reason why ladies can’t do it. We win some, we lose some.

People, men and women change when they enter obodo oyibo. I have a story of where they arranged a marriage for the US based babe, and the guy an alfa, comot for closet when he entered the US. Plenty of women also change because the dynamic in the west is different. No one will push you to remain in a marriage. No one will tell you to take infidelity etc. I have an uncle who they arranged one nice chick for. The chick was just biding her time till she entered us. Unfortunately for her the uncle is also very sharp. They came back home and he did the divorce there. Blindsided her with it. No alimony, no support etc.

Everybody for obodo oyibo just dey fear because the risks especially for men, are much higher.

8 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Tanascohomem: 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
EVILFOREST:

What you said, is the REALITY, even in the US.
U travel down to your community and pick a Lady of your choice, only for her to be turned into a DRAGON few minutes after arrival in the US, all because of FREEDOM.
Most NIGERIAN LADIES who suddenly become Emergency NURSES by virtue of assistance from their diaspora based Husbands suddenly develop EGO.... and can decimate their husbands, rendering them homeless.

IF U get a GOOD WIFE abroad, just keep going for special thanksgiving.
My Brothers and Uncles have suffered in their Hands.
We no Longer recommend NIGERIAN LADIES to my people in diaspora.
MEN should go out and choose their heart throbs themselves, from any continent of their choice.

It's very disheartening that a Man will travel several hours back to AFRICA to get a wife, only for him to Land a terrible package..

BEST ADVICE FOR THE CONFUSED MEN.
Please, Ensure you MARRY the LADY that Loves you more than you Love her.
This is where the ADVANTAGE lies.

On your advise for the confused men; I believe that you can only be 100% sure of who you love and not who loves you. If you've invented something for detecting true love ,please share it.
Pray to God for YOUR wife not just a woman/partner because YOUR wife won't be wicked to you.
My thoughts though.

1 Like

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Zeinymira(f): 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

We talking of better country, you dey talk of UAE..
Whatever
Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
gargoylern:

fc.uk off
Iwo gan fc.uk off. Had no intentions to insult you, but you are not a loyal person, I hope someone uses your plight especially the one that makes you cry to trend on a "faceless forum". Then when you read it, you will be probably know how she feels if peradventure she is reading this. Most nigerians abroad visit nairaland and they read stuff, if you have a conscience think about it deeply and give yourself the answer. Back then loyalty used to be a thing, but these days people use other people's personal life to trend and make themselves feel better.

4 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by pansophist(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
lefulefu:
divorce settlements and govt will give ur house and property to ur divorced wife is probably d reason

Of course. Who wants to hustle for years so that a woman will have a free ride to retirement from my sweat? That scam is over.

Food for thought. The richest man in the world (Jeff Bezos) made his money doing business, meanwhile, the richest woman in the world (Mckenzie Bezos) made her wealth from divorcing the richest man. cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Babatunde40(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Zeinymira:

And the big deal in being an albino is??
Why the hell did you even quote me? And it's not like you said something intelligible. Ok, the albino is going to Dubai to hustle, big deal? Is being an albino not natural human diversities?
If you are doing Porta potty in Dubai, congratulations to you!
But this albino is a professional Nurse, with other qualifications. And if she decides to go to Dubai, she will work as a nurse.

Oya no vex. I have deleted the post. Apologies

2 Likes

Re: Chai! Nigerian Girls In Canada Are So Lonely! by Bostin(m): 1:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Swiitdoll:

I haven’t contacted her, we just discuss men and she does say she’d never consider a man with a kid. Lol you live with ur baby mama lolz who u fooling haha
Why did you think I'm fooling you , do you see me as a desperate Person for visa or what . Do you think I'm a blind lover , NO. I 've seen and learned a lot about women and life , I have travel histories . Meeting any woman doesn't mean I would marry her , be poor or rich ,lives in shithole or abroad . Now I choose wisely . Check my profile posts and see when my baby mama left with my daughter . Please don't mention me again I'm not interested in your friend .

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (53) (Reply)

20 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.