Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region (7814 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Always Hold Yoruba To Egalitarian Standards / What Binds Yorubas And Igbos Are Greater Than What Divides Them. / East, The Strand That Binds Nigeria's Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
otunbateekay:
@wickedfacts....the way you write...and the delivery of your statement and facts is so similar with this moniker( hundred hundred).

I'm or hundred hundred, but we used to follow each other with different monikers way back.

4 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by nisai: 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Lagos - Sanwo-Olu - Christian
Ogun - Abiodun - Christian
Oyo - Makinde - Christian
Osun - Oyetola - Christian
Ondo - Akeredolu - Christian
Ekiti - Fayemi - Christian

So, how are the Muslims controlling political power over the Christians in the SW?

One thing about the Igbo man is that no matter how much he tries to be smart, that genetic stupidity and foolishness still becomes apparent.

This boy posting nonsense here, once his father dies, they would use bottle to shave the hair of his mother, she would drink the water used to wash his father's corpse and she would sleep in the same room with the corpse for some days. His mother and sisters are nor allowed to inherit anything from her husband and their father. That is what Igbos call culture.

Igbos don't understand how Yorubas manage to live in peace and harmony. Thy are jealous because they can never have it. They have no history and no future. Yorubas came together to discuss Amotekun. PDP and Apc sat down in the same room to discuss. Ask that fool that the last time their Governors met, did Uzodinma show up? They are cursed with disunity, that's why Obiano and Umahi were fighting themselves over renaming of a single street.
Chai!

3 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by wyqay: 8:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
Yoruba is one

2 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by otunbateekay(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

I'm or hundred hundred, but we used to follow each other with different monikers way back.
. oh I see!. but the truth is...I love your delivery and your use of words. if you were a rapper, you would have won countless awards.

3 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Gazzy88(m): 3:09am On Apr 11, 2020
"The tip-toeing of a tiger has nothing to do with cowardice."

Absorbing insults from igbos doesn't mean we are stupid. Their case is liken to someone taming chickens and birds, one day they will surely ends in his pot. I've said in countless times that hardly would an ìgbo person thrives in any endeavor without living in Yorùbá land and yet, they still insult us.

God has destined us to be in the position we are. You can't come to our land and expect to outshine us. Eewọ!!! We achieve without making no noise. We don't like noise at all. We aren't noisemakers. We are Yorùbá. We are blessed!

3 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by MetaPhysical: 3:22am On Apr 11, 2020
googi:
Each time I see Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba Christians às a way to sow discord between Yoruba, I find it hilarious.

If comes from those that do not realize that there is an old adage within Yoruba that: A ki gba Were mo Esin.

Yoruba nor dey catch madness with religion. May be I should not expose this but each time I see Yoruba Muslims, laff wan kill me.

Ibo ti gba were mesin tipe tipe o. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by gowonmaharajah(m): 4:45am On Apr 11, 2020
What a long read!!!

1 Like

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Sanchez01: 7:34am On Apr 11, 2020
The schooling and redirection on this very thread is craaaaazy! grin

Wickedfacts just buried people on here with truths. I laughed my head off reading through. Mehn! grin

10 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ibo ti gba were mesin tipe tipe o. grin grin

Esin bawo?, they are not religious they are just noisy.
Have you ever seen an Igbo person who eats yam, before the celebration of the new yam festival?.
They carry Bible but still observed their customs and traditions like burrial rites, osu caste systems and host of others.
This is why their deads can't be burried outside their homeland.

6 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by emmaodet: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
chennaija:
Yoruba Muslims are not pure Yoruba blood. Yoruba Christians, look at Yoruba Muslims, do they look like you? When you see a Yoruba Muslim, just fixate very well for 20 seconds, look at him very well and you will be shocked; he/she is not one of you. 90% of Yoruba Muslims like their brothers and sisters in Dahomey where they came from are skinny and very dark skin compared to Yoruba Christians who are brown to medium dark and with big body, who are the real natives of that land...the Ijebu Igbo, Egbas, Igbo Ora, Ado Etiti, Abeokuta or Abe Okute in Igbo, e.t.c. These are Igbo blood that owned that land before Yoruba muslims invaded from Dahomey.

grin grin
Oooohhhhhhhhh
Nairaland no go kill person.
Una too get bad mouth for here abeg
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
chennaija:
Yoruba Muslims are not pure Yoruba blood. Yoruba Christians, look at Yoruba Muslims, do they look like you? When you see a Yoruba Muslim, just fixate very well for 20 seconds, look at him very well and you will be shocked; he/she is not one of you. 90% of Yoruba Muslims like their brothers and sisters in Dahomey where they came from are skinny and very dark skin compared to Yoruba Christians who are brown to medium dark and with big body, who are the real natives of that land...the Ijebu Igbo, Egbas, Igbo Ora, Ado Etiti, Abeokuta or Abe Okute in Igbo, e.t.c. These are Igbo blood that owned that land before Yoruba muslims invaded from Dahomey.

wow. this is the biggest crock of shīt i ever saw on nairaland

1 Like

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by reality1010: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2020
YeeboMuslim:

Dumb ipob lout who doesn't have the right IQ to site a fake news .
Well , Ipob are purveyors of fake news . No surprises here
you seemed to be pained by the attitude of the senior agbero man's comment. unfortunately he has no methodology of response on issues.he s the paradox of what Yorubas wishe for others.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Akanbiedu(m): 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
One man army, respect.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by FreshestManny(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wickedfacts:

They are cursed with disunity, that's why Obiano and Umahi were fighting themselves over renaming of a single street.

Sadly, this is true. I'm Igbo and we have too much disunity among us. No matter how other igbos try to sugar coat it and claim otherwise, it's an obvious truth.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by pazienza(m): 12:00pm On May 01, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Actually, Igbos say that the reason why Soyinka has a Nobel Laureate and Achebe didn't have was because Achebe supported Biafra.

They fail to remember that Soyinka supported Biafra and even went to prison for supporting Biafra. While Soyinka was suffering for Biafra and Igbos were eating lizards, Achebe was in America fvking College girls.

Not that I care about your rantings, but I had to point this out lest your historical revisionism be allowed to stand.

Soyinka at no point supported Biafra, Soyinka was imprisoned because he sneaked into Biafra hoping to convince Achebe to make Ojukwu surrender to Nigeria, a move Achebe outrighly rejected and told Soyinka to leave Biafra and go back to Nigeria.
On his way back to Nigeria, Soyinka was caught by the Nigerian military who jailed him for illegal entry into Biafra and of possible sabotage of Nigeria.

Achebe remains a bigger literature giant than Soyinka, Nobel prize or no Nobel prize, a man of great integrity and principle . .Achebe was very vocal in his criticism of white racial denigration and misrepresentation of Africa and its people, this is what many believe could have contributed to why the Nobel committee continuously ignored him.
Nevertheless, he wasn't the only literature giant to have been ignored by the Nobel committee.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Nobody: 9:47am On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

Not that I care about your rantings, but I had to point this out lest your historical revisionism be allowed to stand.

Soyinka at no point supported Biafra, Soyinka was imprisoned because he sneaked into Biafra hoping to convince Achebe to make Ojukwu surrender to Nigeria, a move Achebe outrighly rejected and told Soyinka to leave Biafra and go back to Nigeria.
On his way back to Nigeria, Soyinka was caught by the Nigerian military who jailed him for illegal entry into Biafra and of possible sabotage of Nigeria.

Achebe remains a bigger literature giant than Soyinka, Nobel prize or no Nobel prize, a man of great integrity and principle . .Achebe was very vocal in his criticism of white racial denigration and misrepresentation of Africa and its people, this is what many believe could have contributed to why the Nobel committee continuously ignored him.
Nevertheless, he wasn't the only literature giant to have been ignored by the Nobel committee.

cool
Have you read Achebe’s response to Conrad’s “In the Heart of Darkness”?
Google it.
It’s pure gold.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 12:06am On Mar 18, 2021
pazienza:

Chinua is a mere storyteller who excelled in writing beer parlour stories. Wole excelled in the 3 branches of literature and wrote intellectually stimulating books. Can you name a poem or drama play written by Achebe? Soyinka was a master of all genres

To educate you, Soyinka favored African traditions over Western traditions in many of his plays such as Lion and the Jewel where Baroka (representing African values) defeated Lakunle (representing Western values).

Soyinka refused to adopt Western religions. None of his children bear Western names. Many of his works embody the Yoruba culture. For example, his work Death and the King's Horseman focuses on honorable suicide prevalent in pre and colonial era. Soyinka has called out Christian many times and proudly calls Ogun (the Yoruba god of war) his patron saint. Many of his works feature the power of Ogun. For instance, in his The Interpreters he ropes the pantheon of Yorubaland into his work. Soyinka is too deep, too philosophical. A bulk of his works are not for average readers.

However, Achebe is more the Western puppet. His Things Fall Apart shows Africans to be wild, animalistic, and inferior to the whites. In the end, the embodiment of African values (Okonkwo) loses while Christianity and the white missionaries win. Things like this don't happen in Soyinka's works because Soyinka focuses more on the strengths of the African values.

Achebe is very lucky to have written Things Fall Apart at the time he did. The whites like the book because it doesn't paint them in bad light. Rather, it paints them as saviors of the animalistic and brutal African race. The whites stopped the brutal and animalistic African warrior (Okonkwo), destroyed our culture (which Achebe painted as devilish and backward) and installed Christianity (which Achebe described as beautiful and great).

If at all, Achebe is the Western puppet. He didn't win the Nobel prize because he was not good enough. He is not on the same intellectual level as Soyinka. He is far below Soyinka.

And for a parting shot: Toni Morrison wrote against racism, and so did Nadine Gordimer. Why then did they still win the Nobel prize for writing against racism which the Whites instituted?

Know this today: the Nobel prize committee is not a party of average readers. They don't give awards to mainstream novels. Mainstream novels are always popular because they are always in simple English with simple plots that any idiot can understand. A bulk of Soyinka's books are hard to get into hence the reason why he is not popular. His books sound foreign and thus do not fall into the stereotype of what an African book should read like.

2 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Akanbiedu(m): 1:36am On Mar 18, 2021
ZombiePUNISHER:
Needless thread....

Akintola of MURIC made it clear that he's first a Muslim before a Yoruba man....

So does his followers....

So park well op

When will Igbo Christians stop persecuting Igbo muslims?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reps Ask NNPC To Suspend Companies Involved In Importation Of Bad Fuel / Nnamdi Kanu Set To Address The WORLD AND Igbo's Tomorrow / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.