Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region (7707 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Always Hold Yoruba To Egalitarian Standards / What Binds Yorubas And Igbos Are Greater Than What Divides Them. / East, The Strand That Binds Nigeria's Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:30am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Sentiments aside, Adenuga can't lace Arthur's shoes when it comes to wealth and global investments, make we start to dey expose their net worth?

Kikikiki, Arthur eze worth 5.6 billion dollars and forbe no recognize him grin. What an audio network.

8 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

So this is all you got? cheesy grin cheesy
Mention just one from your tribe even if it is just nomination.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:34am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

You know what, let's leave noise aside and deal with facts. I dare you to post the best pictures from Ogbomosho right now, I'll dig out the best of the least developed state in East (Ebonyi state) and post developments going on in the rural areas, let's start to compare.

I now believe that something is wrong somewhere, you want to compare a whole state with two local governments.
Ori buruku is a serious matter o.

2 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:35am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

So winning more grammys is now your conclusion that yaribanzas are far ahead of the Igbos? don't you see how daft you sound? Can any member of your worthless family dead or alive replicate just a quotient of Achebes achievements? The fact that you insult the dead shows why you're a bastard who won't die a good death, las Las na Coronavirus go kill your worthless parents soon, yaribanza pig grin
This one does not have anything to write again. He has resulted to insult, what a sisi. Go into banking, Tech, IT. Let see if you can match yorubas or go eat mama breast.

3 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by BoboNkiti19: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2020
7lives:

I now believe that something is wrong somewhere, you want to compare a whole state with two local governments.
Ori buruku is a serious matter o.
Yoruba dunce, I said post the best pictures of urban developments Ogbomosho has to offer, while I post a rural/LGA from ordinary Ebonyi state (with least IGR in the SE) then let's compare... Oponu I never said I wanted to compare a whole state with two local government areas. Learn to read and comprehend, idiot!
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 10:39am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
This one does not have anything to write again. He has resulted to insult, what a sisi. Go into banking, Tech, IT. Let see if you can match yorubas or go eat mama breast.

There was a thread on Nairaland about Top 30 Women on Tech in Nigeria. Yoruba women on that list are 21, Igbos had just 3. Out of the 3, one of them was a Yoruba lady that got married to an Igbo man. Her name is Lola.

Igbos are not mentally developed enough to compete with Yorubas. They can only engage in Okrika business, Plantain chips hawking or Beer parlour business. That's the only thing they can do.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

The only way Igbos can win a Grammy is if they make Grammy award a chieftaincy title.
Win fire. The only tribe that can win it again is yorubas

4 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 10:41am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
M44

No need to tag the mods. Leave me and the Igbos here. I can handle their madness and put them in their rightful place. Beneath Yorubas.

As for that boy, forget him. He's already gone. It's just a matter of time.

8 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:42am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

There was a thread on Nairaland about Top 30 Women on Tech in Nigeria. Yoruba women on that list are 21, Igbos had just 3. Out of the 3, one of them was a Yoruba lady that got married to an Igbo man. Her name is Lola.

Igbos are not mentally developed enough to compete with Yorubas. They can only engage in Okrika business, Plantain chips hawking or Beer parlour business. That's the only thing they can do.
I have challenged him, he should let us go into banking first. These people are learner.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
Win fire. The only tribe that can win it again is yorubas

You're correct. All the subsequent nominations have all been Yorubas.

7 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Unfortunately, I'm immune to his wishes and because of his stupidity, I have returned it upon his head. He is going to join his parents this year.

I'm a traditional Yoruba man and if needs be, I would give my words to him traditional effect. I hope he understands what that means.

Lobatan.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

No need to tag the mods. Leave me and the Igbos here. I can handle their madness and put them in their rightful place. Beneath Yorubas.

Ok. I just hate people calling bad thing to someone else parents just cos of argument. It shows the guy is a fool.

1 Like

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by BoboNkiti19: 10:44am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Yaribanza Pig you no dey go traditional on me again? Your fate has been cyber-sealed and dusted, you go confirm say spiritual IP address proxy does exist grin wink
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

You're correct. All the subsequent nominations have all been Yorubas.
Even King sunny ade that never sang in English before was nominated.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
Mention just one from your tribe even if it is just nomination.
grin grin grin They were marginalized jor.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by BoboNkiti19: 10:45am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
Ok. I just hate people calling bad thing to someone else parents just cos of argument. It shows the guy is a fool.
This afonja rascal you must love following me around don't you? I'm not gay if you must know, if you want my attention so bad, just donate one of your ashawo sisters then you'll have my time in full doses angry
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Frankdoz8: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2020
Yaribanza Muslims why are you tagging the mod?
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 10:47am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
Even King sunny ade that never sang in English before was nominated.

Sikiru Adepoju doesn't sing, he only plays bàtà, gangan and other traditional Yoruba drums. He has more Grammys than all Igbos both living and dead. He has 2 Grammys.

10 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2020
7lives:

By the yorubas, the organisers of Grammy awards grin

6 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Yoruba dunce, I said post the best pictures of urban developments Ogbomosho has to offer, while I post a rural/LGA from ordinary Ebonyi state (with least IGR in the SE) then let's compare... Oponu I never said I wanted to compare a whole state with two local government areas. Learn to read and comprehend, idiot!

Na so the matter pain you reach?.
Pele

6 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Frankdoz8: 10:48am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

This afonja rascal you must love following me around don't you? I'm not gay if you must know, if you want my attention so bad, just donate one of your ashawo sisters then you'll have my time in full doses angry
the coward yarinza is calling for the mod, I guess you thought them very hard lesson.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2020
7lives:

Actually, Igbos say that the reason why Soyinka has a Nobel Laureate and Achebe didn't have was because Achebe supported Biafra.

They fail to remember that Soyinka supported Biafra and even went to prison for supporting Biafra. While Soyinka was suffering for Biafra and Igbos were eating lizards, Achebe was in America fvking College girls.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:50am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Oluwa mi ero o

6 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Sikiru Adepoju doesn't sing, he only plays bàtà, gangan and other traditional Yoruba drums. He has more Grammys than all Igbos both living and dead. He has 2 Grammys.
Osus are learners.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by 7lives: 10:56am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Actually, Igbos say that the reason why Soyinka has a Nobel Laureate and Achebe didn't have was because Achebe supported Biafra.

They fail to remember that Soyinka supported Biafra and even went to prison for supporting Biafra. While Soyinka was suffering for Biafra and Igbos were eating lizards, Achebe was in America fvking College girls.

They love twisting facts, and they will continue to hammer it in so much that, if you are not informed, you will swallow it.
I hadly take them serious 'cause I know they are liars.

5 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Odkosh: 10:56am On Apr 10, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Lol, my sister not like your mother that is a public toilet Mr Yam iri.
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by BoboNkiti19: 10:57am On Apr 10, 2020
Odkosh:
Lol, my sister not like your mother that is a public toilet Mr Yam iri.
I want your sisters though, do they have big nyansh my afonja bloda? tongue
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 11:00am On Apr 10, 2020
7lives:

Oluwa mi ero o

Àwọn ẹ̀yán máa fí tiẹ̀ kó gbọn.

5 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by BoboNkiti19: 11:05am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

Enough said

https://theculturetrip.com/africa/articles/the-top-10-contemporary-african-writers-you-should-know/
Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by PHAYOL81: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2020
Wickedfacts:

The only way Igbos can win a Grammy is if they make Grammy award a chieftaincy title.

That's why they are trying every means to own Burna Boy forgetting he has Yoruba blood running in his vein. They seem to forget Burnaboy grew up among the yorubas too and he trained himself base on the legendary acumen of a great yoruba musician. Even so, BurnaBoy isn't even Igbo; his root points clearly to Port-Harcourt via his father aside being a yorubaman via his mother.

And I'm sure it's the yoruba blood doing great in him as is being done in Angelique kidjo too. Remember, her history also clearly stated that she was trained by her yoruba mom since childhood and added to that is the fact that, aside from being one of her icons, she trained herself in line with the musical prowess of Fela too to the extent of even singing some of his songs in some of her numerous international shows.

6 Likes

Re: What Binds Hold Yoruba Together Is More Than Region by Wickedfacts: 11:16am On Apr 10, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu Hails D'Tigress On Fourth Consecutive FIBA Women's Afrobasket Victory / What Does 'I Belong To Everybody And I Belong To Nobody' Mean To You? / Imo: Tension As Uzodinma, Achonu, Anyanwu Scramble For 2.3 Million Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.