Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (67191 Views)

Petrol Prices Highest In South-east, Lowest In North-east In October: NBS / Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by wanger50(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Smartbrainfix:
Who identified them, how and what criteria? This saddens my heart whenever government proves further their ineptitude to people whose common wealth is handled by............

Fill the gap
I was part of the process representing a CSO.The communities themselves identified who was the most poorest amongst them.The people were assembled and were given the task of pointing out who were the most poorest. If you care to know, you can visit your village when the cash is been shared to witness things yourself

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by ssegs5(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
I beg watin Ogun state do FG

To let
4 bedroom duplex with modern facilities and well furnished at opposite Taska filling station off akala expressway.
Price is 2M
Note: it is well furnished, kitchen equipments and AC in every room.

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Nigeriapen(m): 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
List of 13 Nigerian Kill By Coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYhqUgZO9hs
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by wanger50(m): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2020
Bigflamie:
And where is Ebonyi state?

North is using fake poverty statistics to garner these country's resources to themselves. Trust these evil people at your own peril.

They are the richest in this country and still want us to believe their conspiracy.
Before this post was made,I always see southeast guys boast about being the most successful group of Nigerians.So much so they claim to be responsible for the development in most parts of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Xboy1993: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
No Ogun no Ebonyi, pls look at Borno with all their IDPs yet they were amongst the least
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by larica69: 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
No poor people in OGUN STATE�

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dharniel600:
How can Delta state be higher than Borneo state. I no believe
That of borno isn't complete,they didnt go deeper into the state because of boko.delta has a lot of poor people oh
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Xboy1993: 12:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
Which kind talk be that one, y them no enter deep? I pity us
senatordave1:

That of borno isn't complete,they didnt go deeper into the state because of boko.delta has a lot of poor people oh
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

And Ogun...de thing tire
Both states are still compiling their list.its obvious you didnt read the post
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
omabq:

Please where is Ebonyi state in the list, or are they not part of Nigeria? Just curious.
They haven't submitted their list
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Origin(f): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
When half of their citizens have refused to stay in their states and are currently in Lagos?
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
yorke1:
This is not really fair and it is provocative.
So the south is poorer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Margjoe: 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ogun state is not on that list or i'm not seeing correctly !
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
gare2510:
What is the total population in Zamfara State?
3.3 million as of 2006 and going by 2.6 growth rate,its close to 5 million now
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Neoteny7: 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Well crooks are generally not poor, so.... tongue
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
psucc:
And this is the exact purpose for which Buhari came.

So no need!
But the list was first compiled in 2014 under your hero ?

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
OpTiX45:
But how comes Sokoto has the lowest shocked
Sokoto that is sharing boundary with Zamfara
Since ebonyi is poor,does it mean that abia is poor
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Nadio2019: 1:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
ghettokid1:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/10/covid-19-zamfara-leads-as-fg-publishes-full-list-of-11-million-poor-and-vulnerable-nigerians/

A continuation of your Buhari cabal's ETHNIC PROFILING AIMED TO CHANNEL NIGERIA'S RESOURCES TO NORTHERN NIGERIA.

Nonesense statistics produced by parasitic scoundrels for whom Nigeria became their property after political structure of 20 states in one region, but 17 States in two southern regions.
Mentally dwarfed surviving on proceeds from resources found in other people's lands and environment. You are numbering your enjoyment days.

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by oluwaahmed: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nbote:
Lolzzzzz... How Lagos has 52k poor and zamfara has over 1m is what I find laughable.. Dis jus confirms dat d Northern region is jus lazy

No! It proves that they are syphoning the resources of the nation to their region.

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
Maranzano:
Every state has equal status before the law; in wealth or in poverty. If you allocate more funds to Zamfara with the claim that it has more poor households, you are encouraging their laxity and punishing the states with low poverty rate. The same baseless policy like Educationally Disadvantaged States bandied by the north to skew higher school admissions to the advantage of the north is repeated here in national resource distribution. COVID 19 is a global pandemic and everybody in every state in the country must be considered in any welfare package planned by the country. The fact that the minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Hajia Farouk is from Zamfara must not tilt the the distribution of national resources to their advantage. Those figures were arbitrarily allocated to justify the spending. The parameters that classify poor households in Nigeria has not been gazetted or published for each state in Nigeria and the criteria not known. Let the minister treat every state as an entity entitled to a specific amount of money as a palliative from government. Let the state government, in conjunction with the local government and the traditional rulers distribute these palliative among their poor citizen whose identity the minister does not know. Since there is NO reliable statistics on poor households in Nigeria, release equal palliatives to every state simple. A man who choses to have many children without a means of livelihood should not overburden his neighbours who planned their family sizes in accordance with their income size. If that list was for tax collection or income generation, Zamfara will be the least despite the abundance of mineral resources there. As long as we exalt resource sharing over productivity, encourage laxity over industry in our national life, the development of the country will remain a mirage.
Do you realize that the list was compiled in 2014 by states

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by sammyscholar(m): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2020
Maranzano:
Every state has equal status before the law; in wealth or in poverty. If you allocate more funds to Zamfara with the claim that it has more poor households, you are encouraging their laxity and punishing the states with low poverty rate. The same baseless policy like Educationally Disadvantaged States bandied by the north to skew higher school admissions to the advantage of the north is repeated here in national resource distribution. COVID 19 is a global pandemic and everybody in every state in the country must be considered in any welfare package planned by the country. The fact that the minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Hajia Farouk is from Zamfara must not tilt the the distribution of national resources to their advantage. Those figures were arbitrarily allocated to justify the spending. The parameters that classify poor households in Nigeria has not been gazetted or published for each state in Nigeria and the criteria not known. Let the minister treat every state as an entity entitled to a specific amount of money as a palliative from government. Let the state government, in conjunction with the local government and the traditional rulers distribute these palliative among their poor citizen whose identity the minister does not know. Since there is NO reliable statistics on poor households in Nigeria, release equal palliatives to every state simple. A man who choses to have many children without a means of livelihood should not overburden his neighbours who planned their family sizes in accordance with their income size. If that list was for tax collection or income generation, Zamfara will be the least despite the abundance of mineral resources there. As long as we exalt resource sharing over productivity, encourage laxity over industry in our national life, the development of the country will remain a mirage.
Nairaland needs more people like you! A lot of sense embedded in one comment! Nice one!
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jack500:

So, ur sense didn't tell u, u are being played here, this is a way of gathering most of the funds to the northerner but empty boasting won't let u see road.
So the north and east have equal number of poor people
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
senatordave1:

I wish i could find a way to stop you from commenting,you dont even know what you are saying.do you read before you type? Earlier,you agreed that the north is poor,now you are saying the list is corrupted.how can you reconcile that
Yes and if you couldn't understand my simple comments, you need help. North is poor yes...but the minority amongst them are super rich due to the so much money they've stolen. Abba kyari needs to answer a question on the billions of naira voted to State House Medical Centre, a hospital located on less than 2 acres of land including staff quarters and yet, nothing is there to show for it...not even a single ventilator. The last time I checked, one ventiltor was moved from UATH to the hospital to save a covid-19 patient. State house medical centre is under the presidency, mind you. They claimed Jonathan was corrupt which was why people brought in the apc but Jonathan was never an ethic bigot like Buhari is. The level of corruption in this government is so huge. Senator bala Mohamed who is bauchi governor and the new zamfara governor cannot be wrong in their claim. By the time Buhari leaves office, I hope people wouldn't faint on hearing the massive corruption perpetrated by them when revealed.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2020
wanger50:
I was part of the process representing a CSO.The communities themselves identified who was the most poorest amongst them.The people were assembled and were given the task of pointing out who were the most poorest. If you care to know, you can visit your village when the cash is been shared to witness things yourself
Thank you for this.its what i have been shouting since yesterday.esseite,gamelnasser,meleszenawi,jaxxy,fairfora

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by chuzfridam: 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
ghettokid1:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/10/covid-19-zamfara-leads-as-fg-publishes-full-list-of-11-million-poor-and-vulnerable-nigerians/

This list should be kept for reference purposes and posterity sake.
Someone should not come and say something else when the table turns o.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Jack500: 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
senatordave1:

So the north and east have equal number of poor people

I am not saying so, everyone know the north has the poorest people, but those figure is overestimated for not and undersetimated for south
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
fairfora:
Yes and if you couldn't understand my simple comments, you need help. [[b]b]North is poor yes...[/[/b]b]but the minority amongst them are super rich due to the so much money they've stolen. Abba kyari needs to answer a question on the billions of naira voted to State House Medical Centre, a hospital located on less than 2 acres of land including staff quarters and yet, nothing is there to show for it...not even a single ventilator. The last time I checked, one ventiltor was moved from UATH to the hospital to save a covid-19 patient. State house medical centre is under the presidency, mind you. They claimed Jonathan was corrupt which was why people brought in the apc but Jonathan was never an ethic bigot like Buhari is. The level of corruption in this government is so huge. Senator bala Mohamed whi is bauchi governor and the new zamfara governor cannot be wrong in their claim. By the time Buhari leaves office, I hope people wouldn't faint on hearing the massive corruption perpetrated by them when revealed.

The bolded is the only meaningful thing there.the rest is irrelevant in this thread.

1 Like

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Asour: 1:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Bigflamie:
And where is Ebonyi state?

North is using fake poverty statistics to garner these country's resources to themselves. Trust these evil people at your own peril.

They are the richest in this country and still want us to believe their conspiracy.

Hahahahaha.

They are the richest in the Country?
True. Ebonyi is also not on the list.

Really.? I am not even a northerner and I too am not totally assured of the data however, but I do know that:

1, There is a widespread preexisting IDP situation in at least > 5 LGAs in the north. That's an issue.

2, Even here on Nairaland people (Many people) have at different times said that the North are the poorest in Nigeria, giving birth irresponsibly and lagging in education and healthcare.

3, Population and Voting records are Consistent with the above assertions (even though they are contestable, I too doubt some records).

Most people here have said it themselves that the North are the people 'holding us back' (In a number of ramifications) and some of us saw reason with them.
Some even boasted that their region was more self sufficient than the rest of Nigeria, we didn't argue with them.

I don't keep the numbers and have never been totally confident with government numbers but this new zeal of doubting how poor the North is when we have already 'agreed' that they are the poorest is quite interesting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by senatordave1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jack500:

I am not saying so, everyone know the north has the poorest people, but those figure is overestimated for not and undersetimated for south
How? Please explain but take note that the states compiled the list.i still have a copy of that of cross river done since last year before submission and its the same
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Adeevah(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Smartbrainfix:
Who identified them, how and what criteria? This saddens my heart whenever government proves further their ineptitude to people whose common wealth is handled by............

Fill the gap

By F9's
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Themegbuzie: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
i hope my name is included
Re: 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
senatordave1:

I wish i could find a way to stop you from commenting,you dont even know what you are saying.do you read before you type? Earlier,you agreed that the north is poor,now you are saying the list is corrupted.how can you reconcile that
Yes, the list is grossly corrupted, you're merely launching a defence out of sheer ignorance. Have you been to Kwara state in your life? That was where I schooked. Katsina is far better off. You just claim to know when you don't even know jack. I visit FMC katsina regularly and I know daura wella.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Folasade Tinubu-Ojo Protests Against APC Government / Daura Residents File Out To Greet President Buhari As He Treks To His Home / US Army War College.class Of 80.buhari's Set(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.