Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (73020 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So you are this slow bruv

or have you forgotten we were arguing about lagos

And emm, You are truly a village boy tbh

The phone repair section in Ajah market alone is bigger than the one in Aba. I know because I have been to both places.

See the village boy comparing his village to Lagos.. cheesy
Ajah and Aba comparison, dats interesting. first where do u know they repair phones in aba?
second, can we also go to ajah and take our sample test?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

Bros don’t go too far. I’m here in ondo state. I can’t count how many 9/11 truck loads of yam, garri, ogbono, offor, leaves, pepper, timber that goes to igbo land from here everyday. Even as I’m typing this. Ask her what does the south east produce.
Produce goods they import from China cheesy

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Odingo1: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Abi jare

Yoruba youth are the Fulani heardmen killing people and kidnapping..

Yoruba youth are Boko haram

Yoruba youth are iswap.

I am not saying that northern youth are more peaceful. Note that Boko Haram and Iswap are fighting for independence not related to hardworking issue

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2020
kettykings:
The North and the South West who contributes more to Nigeria, please dont count expatriate quota as your contribution , i am talking about indigenous contributions
Why comparing a whole North to Southwest? When you can simply be specific about the regions. Educated Ignorant!

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by myobjective: 9:40am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
No you are using your village as yardstick not Lagos

There's no where in lagos with more Igbo artisans than Yoruba artisans.

Granted! the Hausas(Northerners) are used to do hard labour across Nigeria because they don't often have the skills to do semi skilled labour, but that doesn't mean they contribute to Nigerian economy than an average Yoruba artisan.

Stop using your village as a yardstick for Nigeria. It's quite remote. cheesy

Even in the east, Yoruba artisans are the go-to for most of the technical job.

I was surprised when I was referred to Yoruba mechanic in Onitsha the last I went there.

Most of their Village mansions are built by Yoruba engineers from Lagos and Abuja. These Yoruba engineers, then bring a lot of Yoruba artisans, like Carpenters, Mason, Iron benders, Fabricators, Tiler etc.

It is no competition at all, the Yoruba outright dominate most of the sector of Nigeria economy.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 9:41am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:
Northerners are very hardworking, they are not lazy at all, it's just their belief in begging and rapid multiplication dats their problem.
An average northerner is more hardworking dan a westerner
but d truth is dat it's not working hard but working smart. Westerners are more educated.
Is education given on a platter of gold? You have to be determined, committed and probably sacrificed which are attributes of Hardwork to get educated and enlightened.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:42am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
No you are using your village as yardstick not Lagos

There's no where in lagos with more Igbo artisans than Yoruba artisans.

Granted! the Hausas(Northerners) are used to do hard labour across Nigeria because they don't often have the skills to do semi skilled labour, but that doesn't mean they contribute to Nigerian economy than an average Yoruba artisan.

Stop using your village as a yardstick for Nigeria. It's quite remote. cheesy

Yorubas dominate the semi skilled labor in Nigeria. From tailors, hairdressers, mechanics, bricklayers, drivers, electricians, plumbers, painters etc. Yorubas even go to the east and south south to work. Just leave that idiot.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Justiceleague1: 9:42am On Apr 12, 2020
DanArrewa:
I'm coming back with a more dangerous thread...

Believe me

Mallam

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

You are simply mad. No tribe learns work like Yoruba. Drivers, mechanics, electricians, tailors, hairdressers etc. no tribe has more than Yoruba. Only a dunce will say otherwise.
Drivers: Yoruba
Mechanics: Yoruba (doubtedly ooo but let me do a little ojoro because if u go to Ladipo, there is nothing in ur car those Igbo guys cannot fix)
Electricians : Igbos
Tailors: none ( a Yoruba man will likely not sew clothes for an Hausa man) as u can see, u sound very imbecilic here
hairdressers: none ( u also some stuupid here)

remember all these statistics are in Lagos (a Yoruba region oo)

oya continue naming

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

Kindly remove Lagos and the North will trump you.

FACT

Why should we remove Lagos? You are not even ashamed of comparing 19 states and fct to six states.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Seerade029: 9:43am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Oga a sample is best taken where there is adequate representation of all tribes
it can either be Ph or Lagos or Abuja or Kano and maybe Anambra

but wait we are even still arguing about ur own region we haven't even started talking of the entire north

Sample?
How many Yorubas dey ph or Anambra?

No, since you guys said you dominate south west.
Let's use ogun, Osun, Oyo or ondo

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:43am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Ajah and Aba comparison, dats interesting. first where do u know they repair phones in aba?
second, can we also go to ajah and take our sample test?
One Ariria and there's one in bank road or something like that.

I bought two phones from there

I lived at umojima close to MCC road

I am not a village boy like you.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:44am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

I repeat
an average uneducated northerner is more hardworking than an average uneducated westerner. as for the comparison Wen numbers are unequal, u compare with percentage
Well you shifted the goalposts to uneducated. That was not what you said first
That is a meaningless comparison because there is a disproportionately high number on one side.
At any rate we still need some kind of definition
What does hardworking mean it is a nebulous concept unless defined

Just like saying one group is finer,nicer,more honest,better in bed etc

Total nonsense

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:45am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

And I said can we meet up soon, maybe on a weekend, get to computer village and take a sample study?
@ bolded I am not arguing dat
d only thing I said and maintain is dat Northerners are more hardworking as for contribution to d economy, I wonder wat exactly the artisans u mentioned earlier contribute

The northerners do more hardworks than southerners in general. Know the difference between hard work and working hard.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
One Ariria and there's one in bank road or something like that.

I bought two phones from there

I lived at umojima close to MCC road

I am not a village boy like you.
hahahaha u just opened ur nyash
first u can't even spell d ariaria well
second ariaria is not d major phone sales and repairs market in aba. pls don't argue dat u will only look fooolish to someone dat knows aba well

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2020
kettykings:

when Nigeria was created , there just 3 regions , so today the discussion was raised based on the 3 regions
How do you people think at all? So Midwest should be added to Southwest?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

The northerners do more hardworks than southerners in general. Know the difference between hard work and working hard.
tell me about d difference bro
but before u start use maruwa and agbero work as case studies
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:47am On Apr 12, 2020
Lipscomb:
It has always like that since amalgamation. So don't tell me Buhari start it all.
Buhari is busy looting
You are here praising him for looting

By a singular action of calling a section of the country 5%.... The nation ceases to be same again..

Buhari is evil personified
Those who support him are worse than corona

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

When will you stop lying on nairaland?

Your lies leaks to high heavens.
I served at God care model college umojima ogbu Osisioma local government area Aba

The only Yorubas I saw were mechanics, tailors and welder

The woman I came across is an agbo seller who happens to be the wife of the mechanic.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:48am On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:

Northerners are more hardworking than South westerners. Let’s tell ourselves the truth.

Relating it to low income earners. For middle income earners,Yorubas are far more educated and cannot be compared to northerners.

Are they not hardworking than igbos?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

hahahaha u just opened ur nyash
first u can't even spell d ariaria well
second ariaria is not d major phone sales and repairs market in aba. pls don't argue dat u will only look fooolish to someone dat knows aba well
Mr man

I didn't serve in igbo land to learn how to spell

I take Keke at umojima junction pass Tonimass to Ariria. They sell phones and repair phones at Ariria.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 9:50am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Check ur vicinity, observe carefully wat an average northerner does, compare dat with an average westerner (I mean d uneducated ones)
Then be truthful to urself if wat am saying is a lie
They fetch water
they see clothes
they dispose waste bin
Suya for night
Bike
etc. they just do anything possible to feed.
Most mechanics in nigeria are who?
Vulcanisers, Carpenters, Plumbers, Meat Butchers, Hairdressers, Rewire etc are Fulani?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

Well you shifted the goalposts to uneducated. That was not what you said first
That is a meaningless comparison because there is a disproportionately high number on one side.
At any rate we still need some kind of definition
What does hardworking mean it is a nebulous concept unless defined

Just like saying one group is finer,nicer,more honest,better in bed etc

Total nonsense
lol I said "an average" right from d start
I know wat I mean by that
if u can tell urself d truth, wen u walk d streets of Lagos in d afternoon, don't u feel bad about d number of able bodied guys hanging around doing nothing but smoking and drinking? If u don't see, we can take a stroll on a normal day
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Odkosh: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

Kindly remove Lagos and the North will trump you.

FACT
I remove both lagos and ogun. Oya come forward.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Drivers: Yoruba
Mechanics: Yoruba (doubtedly ooo but let me do a little ojoro because if u go to Ladipo, there is nothing in ur car those Igbo guys cannot fix)
Electricians : Igbos
Tailors: none ( a Yoruba man will likely not sew clothes for an Hausa man) as u can see, u sound very imbecilic here
hairdressers: none ( u also some stuupid here)

remember all these statistics are in Lagos (a Yoruba region oo)

oya continue naming

I don’t argue with a dunce. You clearly a poorly educated kid.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Most mechanics in nigeria are who?
Vulcanisers, Carpenters, Plumbers, Meat Butchers, Hairdressers, Rewire etc are Fulani?
Mechanics: Yorubas/Igbos
Carpenters: yorubas
Plumbers:_____
Meat butchers: Hausas
Hairdressers: None
Rewire: same as mechanics
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:53am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

if u can tell urself d truth, wen u walk d streets of Lagos in d afternoon, don't u feel bad about d number of able bodied guys hanging around doing nothing but smoking and drinking? If u don't see, we can take a stroll on a normal day
Is the Average Yoruba uneducated?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Mr man

I didn't serve in igbo land to learn how to spell

I take Keke at umojima junction pass Tonimass to Ariria. They sell phones and repair phones at Ariria.

ok good.they sell and repair phones there. u are right
but dats not d major Phone market
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by kettykings: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2020
myobjective:

Always showing your illiteracy everywhere you go.

It is elementary economics that one should be able to differentiate between GDP and GNP. One is a Gross domestic product which is the total value of goods and services produced in a particular country or state per annum without considering the nationality of those taking part in the production while Gross national product is the Gross National production which is the monetary value of all goods and services produced by the nationals of a country irrespective of their place of residence. From this definition, it is clear that the Lagos and southwest GDP figure belongs to the region no matter the nationality or the ethnicity of those involved in such economic activities.

Secondly, it is always a point of pride for a country, state or geographical location to be able to attract investor both locally and internationally. Ability to attract investment shows that such a state is doing well. If it easy, why didn't your village in poto republic attract such?

i am very sorry sir, Thank you for correcting me , i have added the GDP figures in the first page of the thread
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

tell me about d difference bro
but before u start use maruwa and agbero work as case studies

Agbero is a job. They contribute more to the economy than mai ruwa. They collect tax for the government. Are tax collectors not employed? There are afberos all over Nigeria. The National chairman is even a northerner. You igbos have agberos too. So what are you talking about?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Odkosh: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

Why should we remove Lagos? You are not even ashamed of comparing 19 states and fct to six states.
Guy, let accept, we will even remove ogun and lagos. I dare them to come forward

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Is the average Yoruba of the same education status as the average Hausa?
Hausa don't smoke and drink codeine or take Tramadol?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply)

Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster / How Nigerian Army Chief Spent Night In Former Boko Haram Enclave (PHOTOS) / Governor Wike Inspects High Court Building Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49