Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (73024 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ogun state has the second igr in Nigeria

What exactly are you saying again?
IGR is basically a product of tax proceeds. It is nothing.

An average Northerner works harder than an average Yoruba.

FACT

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2020
Odkosh:
I remove both lagos and ogun. Oya come forward.
Which are do you want us to compare the North with the SW?

I am ready
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by kettykings: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

But you are Igbo asking foolish questions. Do you know how many food trucks leave ondo state to the south east every day? Even as I am typing?

Sir can you be at least specific about the type of foods that comes from Ondo to South East
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

Is the Average Yoruba uneducated?
yes and yes
Average is average everywhere in dis country
Go to Kwara, oyo etc and take d percentage of dem that didn't see d walls of d university
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:56am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

FACT
And a average Northerner works harder than Easterners that sit in shops all day cheesy

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2020
Perkins2018:

Why should we remove Lagos? You are not even ashamed of comparing 19 states and fct to six states.

Are you scared?

Let's do the comparison.

North vs SW less Lagos
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
And a average Northerner works harder than Easterners that sit in shops all day cheesy
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 9:57am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

tell me about d difference bro
but before u start use maruwa and agbero work as case studies
It is called NURTW

NATIONAL

it is all over Nigeria
Ibos call them

Agburu

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:58am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

ok good.they sell and repair phones there. u are right
but dats not d major Phone market
Yes, there's one on bank road or something

I don't know the name again.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by kettykings: 9:58am On Apr 12, 2020
Ayekotoo:

Why comparing a whole North to Southwest? When you can simply be specific about the regions. Educated Ignorant!
i am very sorry sir, the massage was culled from vanguard , i am only echoing the line of thought of the original author, possibly you can direct your grievances to him as his email is in the first page
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 9:58am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

Is the average Yoruba of the same education status as the average Hausa?
Hausa don't smoke and drink codeine or take Tramadol?

Yes and yes,. Education status is education status, a WAEC holder is a WAEC holder everywhere

My point is not d smoking rather d idleness in d day time. they smoke and smoke and do absolutely nothing
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 9:58am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

yes and yes
Go to Kwara, oyo etc and take d percentage of dem that didn't see d walls of d university
When you hear an average Yoruba, in the context it was used, it means majority of yorubas.

An average Yoruba is literate while an average Northern is not

Literate here means ability to read and write in English only.

But when you are talking of literacy in its real sense (ability to read and write), 80% of North-westerners are literate. I think the highest in country

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

Are you scared?
Let's do the comparison.
North vs SW less Lagos
Igbos and obsession with Lagos
So Lagos is no longer part of Southwest

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by kettykings: 9:59am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
If you are as half as intelligent as claim, you realize the caption was "what does South West produce that compares with north" not what does south westerners produce in Nigeria compares to the Northerners.

If you understand the concept of basic economics like GDP (gross domestic product) which is the total value of goods and services produced in place in year or within a period of time, you would understand that the writer of these article is saying nonsense.

Granted ! Northerners produce a lot of Agricultural products but Agricultural products are not the only products necessary for economic growth and development.

We have manufacturered products and services in which south west produce more than any part of the northern region.

Sir the GDP comparison is in the first page , i have taken the pains to analyze i just to please you sir
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

but wont lie.. in yoruba land northern beggars make up the majority.. but yoruba have more beggars compared to any southern region
Just read what you typed again. The phrase 'in yoruba land'. Do you see them in other regions doing begging. Just like in Igbo land, there are many Igbo begging than any other tribe except hausa.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 10:00am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Yes, there's one on bank road or something

I don't know the name again.
st Michaels,
now Wen u go there, u won't compare it with Ajah
it's only computer village and d one at Onitsha that is bigger than it in terms of phone sales
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 10:00am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

FACT
It is not nothing

It is a reflection of the size and output of the economy

Define hardworking
Define average

Once again

You cannot compare hardwork of a doctor to that of a boxer

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Justiceleague1: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2020
Odkosh:
Bros, as a westerner, we accept the challenge. All the north together against southwest. Let them come forward.

Thank god,no mention of Igbos.. hallelujah

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by myobjective: 10:01am On Apr 12, 2020
We are not even taking some of the outright lies made by the writer of this article.

To begin with, there was never a time that the north feed or contributes more than the west or anyone for that matter.

From day one, the north was very poor. The colonial administrator was bailing out the north initially "The British treasury initially supported the landlocked Northern Nigeria Protectorate with grants, totalling £250,000 or more each year. Its revenue quickly increased, from £4,424 in 1901 to £274,989 in 1910. The Southern Protectorate financed itself from the outset, with revenue increasing from £361,815 to £1,933,235 over the same period"

As can be aeen from the above data, at the north pick of earning, it was earning only 14% of the revenue of the south. It is criminal to assume that the north was more prosperous than any part of the south at anytime of her existence.

Secondly, before the discovery of oil, the north was actually struggling to even feed itself and buy essential commodities because her revenue pale in comparison to that of the west despite having much larger population.

At this time, Cocoa, Palm produce and rubber were the most valuable Nigeria export. Out of this three, the southwest was an industry leader in two (cocoa and Rubber) before the midwest was created. While groundnut did not attract much foreign exchange, cotton was produce in a very small quantities.

The oil and gas industry was developed by the private British and French company that invested in it and not any money from the north. The refineries we're built with proceed from oil.

The north has always been an ungrateful parasite, that constantly try to rewrite history but lack the capacity to do so. But since the Igbo hate the Yoruba so much, they will quickly jump into a conversation when the writer was also having a dig at them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Yes and yes,. Education status is education status, a WAEC holder is a WAEC holder everywhere

My point is not d smoking rather d idleness in d day time. they smoke and smoke and do absolutely nothing
There are no Hausas smoking and doing absolutely nothing or kidnapping and banditry?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 10:02am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

When you hear an average Yoruba, in the context it was used, it means majority of yorubas.

An average Yoruba is literate while an average Northern is not
Average Yoruba Wen to university abi
or got tertiary education.
and u think average is about numbers
If only u know d percentage of yorubas dat didn't see d walls of any tertiary institution

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2020
kettykings:

Sir the GDP comparison is in the first page , i have taken the pains to analyze i just to please you sir
Again!

half smart as usual.

I have also taken the liberty of refuting your primary school explainations in the post you just mentioned.

Thank you.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by myobjective: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2020
IamAtikulate:

FACT

How do they work harder?
Even in the north, an average Yoruba is more educated, earn much more, plan better and live in the affluence part of the town than an average northerner.

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Odingo1: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2020
Average Yoruba youth that did not go to school are more enlightened than Hausa youth but for best reason known to many of them they decided to be lazy while the Hausa youth work more harder to survive

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 10:04am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

yes and yes
They are hardworking but received most of the 200 billion shared last week to destitute families?

Your logic is upside down

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

It is not nothing

It is a reflection of the size and output of the economy

Define hardworking
Define average

Once again

You cannot compare hardwork of a doctor to that of a boxer
It is not. Tax reduces disposable income and this affects the ability of the economy to grow.

That is why govt cuts taxes to stimulate economic growth.

SW imposes exorbitant taxes compared to other regions.

For instance, a maruwa rider in Lagos pays over 700 Naira everyday on all taxes but in Aba it is 150 Naira and less than 100 Naira in Zaria.

An average Keke rider in SE lives a more affluent lifestyle than an average Yoruba keke rider in Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Ondo and Ekiti
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 10:05am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Am not talking of women oo
phone repairs-computer village is dominated by Igbos
or those handiworks u mentioned for men are dominated by Igbos. Bro I know wat am talking about. am not saying they are totally saying, but in comparison, leave hardwork for d northrrners
Since the creation of Nigeria, have you ever seen Igbo that constitute National Executive Committee of all these artisans. Such as Plumbing, Tailoring, bricklaying, Meat butchering, Mechanics, rewiring etc?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by kettykings: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2020
myobjective:
We are not even taking some of the outright lies made by the writer of this article.

To begin with, there was never a time that the north feed or contributes more than the west or anyone for that matter.

From day one, the north was very poor. The colonial administrator was bailing out the north initially "The British treasury initially supported the landlocked Northern Nigeria Protectorate with grants, totalling £250,000 or more each year. Its revenue quickly increased, from £4,424 in 1901 to £274,989 in 1910. The Southern Protectorate financed itself from the outset, with revenue increasing from £361,815 to £1,933,235 over the same period"

As can be aeen from the above data, at the north pick of earning, it was earning only 14% of the revenue of the south. It is criminal to assume that the north was more prosperous than any part of the south at anytime of her existence.

Secondly, before the discovery of oil, the north was actually struggling to even feed itself and buy essential commodities because her revenue pale in comparison to that of the west despite having much larger population.

At this time, Cocoa, Palm produce and rubber were the most valuable Nigeria export. Out of this three, the southwest was an industry leader in two (cocoa and Rubber) before the midwest was created. While groundnut did not attract much foreign exchange, cotton was produce in a very small quantities.

The oil and gas industry was developed by the private British and French company that invested in it and not any money from the north. The refineries we're built with proceed from oil.

The north has always been an ungrateful parasite, that constantly try to rewrite history but lack the capacity to do so. But since the Igbo hate the Yoruba so much, they will quickly jump into a conversation when the writer was also having a dig at them.

The author of the article is a northerner
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

lol I said "an average" right from d start
I know wat I mean by that
if u can tell urself d truth, wen u walk d streets of Lagos in d afternoon, don't u feel bad about d number of able bodied guys hanging around doing nothing but smoking and drinking? If u don't see, we can take a stroll on a normal day

Stop making a fool of yourself. You think anybody can survive in Lagos without a job? That you see someone means he has no job? Are you retarded?
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2020
omonnakoda:

There are no Hausas smoking and doing absolutely nothing or kidnapping and banditry?
Good
that's where percentage comes into play

In my days up north
u will notice everywhere is scanty in d day time, it took me a lot of time to know why.
for d women, most are either in school or I doors
for d men they are.either in schools or doing one job or another. u hardly find dem lazying about
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by IamAtikulate: 10:06am On Apr 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Igbos and obsession with Lagos

So Lagos is no longer part of Southwest
There are Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, SS companies in Lagos.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Iamgrey5(m): 10:06am On Apr 12, 2020
zionmde:

Average Yoruba Wen to university abi
or got tertiary education.
and u think average is about numbers
If only u know d percentage of yorubas dat didn't see d walls of any tertiary institution
Out of every 5 Yorubas, 4 must have received one form of training or the other before he or she turns 20 years of age.

Even the ones that eventually becomes the garage boys and criminals are those that have refused to learn anything but prefer easy money.

Leave your village for once.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (103) (Reply)

Akeeb Semiu: Why I Wore Traditional ‘Fetish Armour’ In My Campaign Poster / How Nigerian Army Chief Spent Night In Former Boko Haram Enclave (PHOTOS) / Governor Wike Inspects High Court Building Today

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57