Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (54013 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by henrycloud: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
Betrayal is a sign of weakness...

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by veave(f): 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2020
johndwayy:
Auntie.. I don't understand oh. Someone reported you in the coven because of pot Please can you explain what that means?

Long story. Not for nairaland. God is faithful
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by SexytorresE(f): 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lol
StrikeBack:
speak my friend
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by SexytorresE(f): 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2020
CONFAMA:

Send voice note now undecided
smile kiss

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
mceze:
I have been betrayed alot, but I still have a good heart to help..I guess my problem is that I trust people a lot and it always backfires on me. The recent one that happened to me is betrayal of trust. I saved money from my teaching job for months and started fish farming. It was not an easy task raising those fishes for four months. I sacrificed a lot to make sure I feed them well. Time for harvesting and I contacted a friend who brought someone to buy them off. The guy came and I sold them on credit, promising he will pay immediately he sells them. I agreed because of the friend that brought him. Till date, I have not seen the guy. The guy disappeared into thin air. This happened since last year June. We have searched everywhere for this guy all to no avail. His phone has been off since then. Even the friend that introduced me to him became worried and look emaciated, and was even afraid that I should not call police on him. I did not because he's a good guy. I became a laughing stock in my neighborhood. Many that wanted me to fail started laughing behind my back even my brother's wife and her siblings. I was demoralized and depressed for months. Even till date, I have not been myself. My fish pond is lying in waste without any activities. I have no choice than to go back to teaching job. Since then, I have been living from hand to mouth. I have to pay some debt I incurred during the course of rearing the fish. Life nor easy my brothers. Last month we were not paid salary. Now my brother's wife is happy with all these happenings and waiting for my food stuffs to finish so that I can come and beg them during this lockdown. Never! I have vowed that I rather starve to death than to beg them. Him and my brother also betrayed me but that's a story for another day. Trust nobody but God....

Where's this pond of yours?

Can it be reactivated?

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Razkoda: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
Do you know the Komodo dragons eat everything including their babies ? The horrifying detail is ; the komodo's venomous bite contains over 40 deadly bacterias or there about that paralyzes it's prey which they either devour alive or swallow whole .You are not even the komodo's baby.The effrontery to say you guys still have unfinished business !!! Sorry but it was a wrong decision letting that Guy into the family.He shouldnt have been accepted into d fam in d first instance.Sorry but such people are usually up to no good; desperate more often than not ;even beyond comprehension.It would have been a different ball game getting married to your sister then be a man of integrity by foregoing anything and everything you shared in d past but sadly such people lack integrity and only live for the moment as well their utmost satisfictation and fantasy even if perceived selfish.Flee from the komodos.koda has spoken from experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 14, 2020
hardeycute:
No expectations, No disappointments. I hardly get serious with others maybe because I'm an introvert.
my mate,if we can betray God ,how much more ur fellow

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
obidaddy:

You are playing with fire my dear. Why can't you come clean to your sister of her husband's sinister & dirty comments. Why not tell her these are the reasons you ll have to keep away from her.

Your sister knew the history & betrayed you. She broke blood & sisters code. If i were you, i will be weary of her & her husband. Family kills sometimes.

Stay away from their home even in emergency. May be you rely on your sister financially, because i don't see any reason why you should still go close to them.

Women emotions & sentiments will make your sister support him of things go south. She ll never believe you are the victim.

And yes if anything goes wrong, you are 100‰ to blame. Stay away! Not even your innocent cute nephews & nieces should take you there, except on neutral grounds, like your family house. Block that psycho ASAP.

Rely on my twin financially? Lol..
It doesn't look so bad the way you're painting it. Everything is under control.

Thank you.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by mceze(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
TheRealestGuy:

Where's this pond of yours?

Can it be reactivated?

Cheers.

It's close to my house..Yes, it can be reactivated.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 14, 2020
ramatuoyiza:
[U mean your blood sister married your ex.. So unbelievablequote author=Eulalia post=88425484]

But does it mean that people cannot control their attractions or what? That's preposterous. I mean... I can never be attracted to somebody I know is dating a friend or to my guys friend. That's greed of the highest order.

It happened to me. Like my blood line today is married to a guy that chyked me for years.
This my blood line knows that this guy tried to date me. As in he kept coming to our house look for me for months. My mum and all my siblings knew him very well. It got to a point he threatened to harm me if he sees me with any other guy but luckily, we relocated to another place. Only for my blood sister to bring this same guy as a suitor. shocked dang!
I just keep wondering, so she had been attracted to him all this while? Someone I dislike to the core? Hm! Fear human beings.

Till today, if I go visiting this guy will be telling me him and I have an unfinished business and some annoying silly talks. So most times when I visit, I'll hide away until I go back. Mehn... It sucks!

Hes not my ex. Wanted to date me I'm the past.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
rapid101:
well,
mine was wen I was in Benin
I ran laundry and to some extent it was successful. I had 3boys working for me . I had a keke which I use in delivering to my customer who re in far distance. then I had a friend who told me about a business which he ll like use to go into. the business was into phone accessories coupled with phone parts. I agreed, I rented the shop at oba market, did furnishing and other body works. during this time I borrowed money from lapo microfinance 300k, borrowed money from money lender about 580k. then I gave osas my friend to come to Lagos to buy the goods we re going to sell in our shop. osas come Lagos, osas no come back. I was so worried I had to go to his family house to know if his back but they said they didn't see him. I called his number and his number was switched off. call his gf and she said she doesn't know his were about. after a month I heard osas don go Malaysia. I ran back to his family house to ask his pple if it true. low and behold osas don travel and he knew I borrowed almost all those money for the business. I almost died. the pressure started coming in as to pay the loans I collected back. I had to sell my two washing machine, my dryer, and my keke and other tins from my shop and house to pay some of the debt. I had to let go of my two staff till I cud pay the money. but after every tin I found Benin uninteresting again cus I Ve lost every tin I Ve built over the years because of one person. I had to move from my room and palour selfcon to a one room, face me I face you, cus I cudnt afford it. my gf left me cus I too de complain money no de as b4. after the whole gbas gbos I relocated to Lagos for a fresh start as not kill my self cus of too much tinking and pressure. till today I pray for osas were ever he is, he ll find good in all he does. but I ll never trust any body again not even my family member. note trust is very expensive
sorry bro, but u people are funny o,how can borrow money for a friend,mere friend,haba don't ever tried that even for ur wife or gf don't borrow for them.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by jeph19(m): 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
DonroxyII:
Na that kind guy u should organise an anonymous beating ritual for ... as a fellowship papa make dem just do Beating Baptism for him make ihm see road clear and ihm head clear grin

Lol
I just look the guy Waka comot for exam hall, but giv am long rope and let an know him place for my life

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Candoit: 12:09am On Apr 15, 2020
DonroxyII:
Pathetic, God will buy you bicycle .... Forgive ya mom ... She definitely used ur money to cook food for the family not that she spent it for herselfgrin

Lol! Thank you.
I have forgiven my mom, she's even passed on. The bike was very painful but I've grown past that. I only learnt not to make promises to my kids if I can't fulfil. Somehow, children don't forget

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by DonroxyII: 3:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Candoit:

Lol! Thank you.
I have forgiven my mom, she's even passed on. The bike was very painful but I've grown past that. I only learnt not to make promises to my kids if I can't fulfil. Somehow, children don't forget
We don't, My mum too didn't buy football (Felele) for me , she believed it would make me more stubborn but she promised and always promised ... This was early 90s grin ...

Wow about her passing on, I wish her RIP and more blessing to you !!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by wasi9ice: 6:15am On Apr 15, 2020
Hmmmmmm,,
I don't even know where to start ,,

This thread just reminded me lots of things

But since l said l have forgiven,,,,,,,,,,

It is well

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 15, 2020
Jaysleeves:
I was betrayed at work by my superior and it cost me my job, there's a document called P.T.W. " Permit to work document ". It's a written legal document that grant permission and authorization to commence a task. Usually high risk task, my immediate boss and i are both signatories to that document, i.e. I have to sign and my immediate boss as well. I did my part. Inspect work areas, got authorized by the PM and only needed my direct boss to sign to commence operation. I called him on radio as I was on the site. I.e an high rise tower of 34 floors and we were on the 34th level, My boss gave me a verbal permission to tell the guys to commence work even without him signing the permit. I was adamant and reluctant saying it's was against ethical practice, but he insisted that there isn't any problem. So I gave the go ahead only to be called that the companies "HSE Manger" is on site and on her way to supervise our activity, I was worried but not bothered as I was only following instructions from senior supervisor beside he is to take the blame. How wrong was I, to my uttermost surprise my boss denied me and claim he wasn't even aware of the designated task. I was shocked, I couldn't even say a word other workers came to my aid and said he was lying but all fell on deaf ears. This is a man I trusted so much as I have never in my life thought that this man can do such, my appointment was terminated for incompetency. It's painful but I have forgiven him. My only mistake was TRUST.
Did he contact you after you were fired?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 15, 2020
mceze:

It's close to my house..Yes, it can be reactivated.

Where is your location?
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:00am On Apr 15, 2020
FortifiedCity:
Did he contact you after you were fired?
No he didn't. Rather I was the one who contacted him weeks after the whole incidence, he was filled with guilt but I told him it's past. I learned a career defining lesson.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2020
obidaddy:

If i were in the shoes of the HSE i would fire you bro. Even if i know you are innocent. I guess you work in a high risk industry, laid down safety rules are very important. You were naive & your immediate boss wicked. But trust me a better door will open for you. But never play with laid down formal procedures of work.
Naive about what lol?. my dear it's complicated, our job as HSE Officers usually entails u use wisdom. On other occasions the production line managers can also have you fired for delaying production too. Oh well I have learned a career defining lesson. Thanks anyway.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:08am On Apr 15, 2020
DonroxyII:
ThanGod for street OT.

Mine was when my Boss ask me to open an account in both me and his name and we will be transferring 4m monthly from our organisation account into that account ....

I said I ain't doing that cuz my pay grade is not up to such task .... He chided me and told me nothing go happen that do I wish him evil ....... I know he wanna ride on my innocence because there are others above my pay grade who can comfortably do that nonsense.

I said no sir but anything can change anytime and I don't wanna suffer nasty consequences at the starting phase of my career. Though, I will reap many benefits from this including being his best pal (More money) .... But Good name is better than Gold ......

He was furious, He relieved me of all other normal responsibilities he has given to me .... He stopped talking to me , I even stopped greeting him self ......We started dusting each other .... Who born monkey father ....

He started plotting for me but I am not his match nor mate as a Yoruba boy grin ....Everybody advised me to take the offer but I said No cuz my other colleagues are all against it (Badbelle things) but I know one of them will be d one to cast me ......

In life, You have to limit your enemies and deal decisive blows on the stubborn ones ..... You shouldn't be fighting on many fronts.

Immediately he started doing nonsense, his case has already been tabled , if he no leave me alone, his hen go chop pin niyen........

Na ihm later come beg me and told me I'm weak , that I should man up If I go reach some level in life.......
. I just dey tell am Yessir, Thanks sir, ...... grin

Guess who is visiting EFCC today ........

He is a womaniser and drunkard, who enter alliance with such fellow ......... when shi.t hit , he will deny me and serve me to EFCC ..... Oloshi grin

How I go dey vomit or explain wetin I no chop pass token While he will chop the chunk and still deny me since na my name will be responsible for depositing and withdrawing.... grin
Wisdom is key specially in the workplace.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:09am On Apr 15, 2020
mistarsam:

So sad.
I'm over it now. Better things ahead .
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2020
Candoit:

This is terrible!
Its a normal trend where I work. People are always saving their face at the detriment of others. I refuse to belong to this group
Oh well Experience they say is the best teacher. I posted this so others can learn from my mistakes.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:12am On Apr 15, 2020
Chi59:

Damn. That bastard will never go unpunished.
I Leave him to his guilt. But honestly he his a nice man. I felt he doesn't want trouble as he was recently before the incident given a warning letter on same issue of not signing a permit.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Jaysleeves(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2020
na2016:

This happens a lot on so many sites. if you don't get anything signed physically, don't proceed.
. Yes so true. But still you have to apply wisdom, as not to be tagged of delaying production by the Project managers. Remember safety first and always but it has to work hand in hand with production too.
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Horllamideh(m): 8:28am On Apr 15, 2020
I have been betrayed quite a lot of times, but reading through and seeing people that passed through experiences that I would tagged as worst has healed me to an extent. All thanks to the creator of this thread. Lately in this my current down state,I have discovered that people only care about what they can get from you but would turn their backs once the situation is reversed. Lemme go back to my 1-1-1 garri formation for today abeg. This time too shall pass.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Harrisee(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2020
bestabigaelever:
An enemy disguise as friend asked me about someone personal, I opened up to her
I never knew she was recording, she went to tell the person and told the person what I didn't say, telling him she couldn't record all the conversations....that shit changed my life forever
I can't heal from that but I will make sure I destroy temitope

Modified
This is for people in my MT and even on whatsapp asking me to let go
This is what Temitope did
She saw me with a man that I was seeking some favours from, the man doesn't even notice me and I was frustrated (this favour will actually change my life)
Temitope saw me collecting the man's number and even saw the attitude the man was giving me, she then asked me what's up I explained to her how this man has been giving me attitude and I need help from him, she advised that I should give the man youghut whenever I'm going to see him...Only for the man to call me 2days later and told me have been tarnishing his image and vow never to help me....then someone sent me the recordings Tope made, it was only both of us on the street, in fact the person that passed us by that I greeted, everything is on the record

To hate is to drink poison and expect someone else to die. You need to forgive, heal and light up your life. Take this break to consider everything that happened very thoughtfully. Laugh over it and heal
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Wafarian2019: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
Yes, I have been betrayed twice by my stepbrothers and it hurts very bad especially when you cannot do anything about it.

I want to share my thoughts as a lesson for others. I live abroad and for many years I resisted doing anything in Nigeria but somehow my stepbrother convinced me to invest in Nigeria. So we decided to invest in a company that he will run and manage and I will provide the finances. This went on for about 3 years and just last year when we started operations, I was asking for the company finances and he was unable to give me an account right away which was a bit strange considering the fact that he has access to the finance and should know. so I informed him that I will be sending my brother to go and check and he should inform the security guard that my brother should have unrestricted access to the premises so that I do not have to ask for his permission every time. His response was that he doesn't run a family business which I find very surprising as I thought I was running a family business.
so I called my sister who also lives abroad and he has helped purchase plots of land and asked her about their business relationship and during our conversation my sister informed me that the money she left with him which was about 300K that he has used it without her permission with the promise to pay back. hats when I started suspecting him that he doesn't seem like a genuine person as it is never allowed to use the money entrusted to you without permission.

As my suspicion grows, I decided to send my brother to the factory again to find out how much he has been collecting from me ( which is 35K) and paying the security guard. Mind you, I avoided accusing him of taking money without evidence because I knew what the ramifications will be so I needed to be sure. My brother has been to the factory only once or twice in about 3 years so only my stepbrother knows about my investments because he lived in the area. so when I decided to send him again to find out what is going on and he discovered much more. luckily for him, the okada rider inadvertently informed my brother that my stepbrother has already built a house and moved in there with his family and I had no clue despite the fact that we speak often on the phone. Apparently, he hid it from me and all this why he was I still give him money and he was still asking money for his children's school fees.

After learning all these things and lost trust in him, I gave him 2 options, the first option that I will pay him off and the second option that he will not have full control and there will be checks and balances. My stepbrother decided option 1 and demanded 7 million Naira as payment and ceased all my properties ( He is in possession of all the documents which includes 3 plots of lands, vehicle and company registration registered in his name). In the end, we settled for 600K as pay off because I realized that I have a lot to lose if I decide to use other means to get my property back. I felt really betrayed that my stepbrother will have the nerve to even cease my property because of money despite all that I have done for him which includes paying his university school fees, buying him okada to make extra money, giving him money to start his business.

My brother is now running it and he said that my stepbrother did a good job setting up the place but he was very greedy. He was thinking of short term gain instead of long again. As my brother and someone that has been there claimed that the investment is not worth 20 million Naira that I have spent. And also, when checking other stuff, we noticed that I have been paying well above the normal price.

To conclude, I haven't spoken to him since I took possession of all my documents and saddens me that I am not in communication with him anymore.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by bestabigaelever(f): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2020
Harrisee:

To hate is to drink poison and expect someone else to die. You need to forgive, heal and light up your life. Take this break to consider everything that happened very thoughtfully. Laugh over it and heal
Thanks
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by maasoap(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Honeydenz:

Do people who win lottery pay for their travelling expenses?

Yes. And lots more like medical tests, visa fees and all that. That was when Nigerians were allowed to participate, Nigeria was removed after that 2013 edition
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Ifylicious: 9:30am On Apr 15, 2020
ubcandid:

Shame and Pride. You would agree there are times you're low in life and keep to yourself, managing your status and profile without disturbing anyone. All of a sudden, in your management, someone who knew your capability just pops up with an unexpected request. Sometimes the reason for silence may be the person was trying to raise the funds which didn't fall through. We are all struggling in one way or another.

Ha. To keep silence for over one year? It's very bad. There's nothing like saying sis I am also in a tight corner. Whether the person believes or not, you ve explained to that friend. Remember life is turn by turn, one day you may be in that friends need. I will use my self as an example. A friend once asked me to either accommodate her or help out with some cash to get an accommodation. I told her that i wasn't in a position because at the time I was going through marital crisis which I never opened up to her until her request. I had to tell her.
She got a job with shell. There years after I was sent for a course in the country she had moved to. I had no place to stay. And mind you the company made a new rule, if you are going for a course, you foot your bills no longer the company or you give someone else that has the money the chance to go( the company was to secure your Visa. That's all) I chatted her up. And she told me no problem you are welcome. For the 8 days I spent with her, I was relaxed. That even made us closer. Imagine if I had ignore her over the years, which Shame would I use to approach her for that help. She fed me. I didn't pay for feeding nor accomodation. Picked me up and dropped me.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by johndwayy(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2020
Do you mind sharing it privately?
veave:

Long story. Not for nairaland. God is faithful

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Rebuttal- Complex Marital Issue Https://www.nairaland.co / 34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.