Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (68148 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ikjosh04: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2020
tjadeba:

Hi yes, you can do that to...that's what I did. I had a degree in Nigeria too. I was in Portsmouth uni but many other universities offer such. Check the admissions portal of highly trusted universities (use that phrase in Google search) in the UK and there should be more information regarding that.
You may not need to go through any agent now, but during my time, the university referred me to their agent on Allen Avenue Road, I think Glory Education.

I hope this information is useful.

Thank you for this information, do you have any regrets doing a second undergraduate degree?

I know an agent that's helping Nigerian's secure an undergraduate admission in university of Manitoba Canada and according to the agent :
1)it's a study and work program
2)i can pay my school fees in Canada and no tuition deposit.
3) The admission is gotten under a month
4) Only waec results is needed for the admission
5) i wouldn't need TOEFL or IELTS examination for the admission
6) it's a payment after service (agent payment)
7) Scholarship is available for the 2nd year.

I don't know this agent personally yet, only on Instagram.
So i don't know if what the agent claims is feasible and how wise is it for me to undergo another undergraduate degree since my first degree here in Nigeria is chemical engineering and i graduated with a 2:1 currently on nysc. P. S, i don't really have the fund's to pursue graduate studies in Canada and I'm in my mid 20's.

Cc., RuudVanNisteroy, salford

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Thank you for this information, do you have any regrets doing a second undergraduate degree?

I know an agent that's helping Nigerian's secure an undergraduate admission in university of Manitoba Canada and according to the agent :

So i don't know if what the agent claims is feasible and how wise is it for me to undergo another undergraduate degree since my first degree here in Nigeria is chemical engineering and i graduated with a 2:1 currently on nysc. P. S, i don't really have the fund's to pursue graduate studies in Canada and I'm in my mid 20's.

wild claims. If you dont have funds forget canada. Dont let a yeye agent go and submit fake documents for you and get you into trouble
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gloriouscrown: 11:11am On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
No your employer will sponsor you first by giving you a COS, then you will apply for tier 2

Ok, so I get tier 2 regardless even if I haven’t used up the 2years psw?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 11:12am On Apr 22, 2020
Scam is calling your name. Better run
Ikjosh04:

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by despi64(m): 11:12am On Apr 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i am assuming one passes once. I did not spend up to 600k
Including proof of funds?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2020
No employer will give you COS when you still have 2 years valid visa. That’s a waste of their money, except the visa is limited to 20 hours like study visa.

Being realistic sef you will need that 2 years because getting a job is not as easy as it use to be if you’re not in the health field. CONVID19 don already cause high level of unemployment & company close downs. Job market is going to be very competitive & Las las they will always take their people over you & every business now is trying to save money than spend on sponsorship requirements.
Gloriouscrown:

Ok, so I get tier 2 regardless even if I haven’t used up the 2years psw?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gloriouscrown: 11:15am On Apr 22, 2020
Peave82:

When you get a job during the post study at the expiration your next application will be a Tier 2 visa type.
you need to confirm from your workplace if they have a sponsorship licence and are willing to sponsor you as not all businesses are eligible.Im not sure links are allowed on this forum ild have sent you a gov.uk page to read up.
To answer directly NO your visa does not change immediately.

Wow! But those who got jobs with sponsorship after studies(before psw) changed from tier 4to tier 2 immediately. So why can’t psw change to tier 2 before its expiration?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2020
You have already answered your question
Gloriouscrown:

Wow! But those who got jobs with sponsorship after studies(before psw) changed from tier 4to tier 2 immediately. So why can’t psw change to tier 2 before its expiration?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gloriouscrown: 11:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
No employer will give you COS when you still have 2 years valid visa. That’s a waste of their money, except the visa is limited to 20 hours like study visa.

Being realistic sef you will need that 2 years because getting a job is not as easy as it use to be if you’re not in the health field. CONVID19 don already cause high level of unemployment & company close downs. Job market is going to be very competitive & Las las they will always take their people over you & every business now is trying to save money than spend on sponsorship requirements.

Ok. Seems clearer now.

Thanks.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by despi64(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
wild claims. If you dont have funds forget canada. Dont let a yeye agent go and submit fake documents for you and get you into trouble
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2020
In everything,it is important to stay positive.

A few people on here are more interested in being negative and attacking other people’s journey.

People offer advise based on their own journey and knowledge so if it doesn’t seem feasible for you move to the next instead of being snappy and rude.

Best of luck to all of us and remember no matter what side of the green grace you decide on stay positive.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Don’t mind them, louder please grin grin
Peave82:
In everything,it is important to stay positive.

A few people on here are more interested in being negative and attacking other people’s journey.

People offer advise based on their own journey and knowledge so if it doesn’t seem feasible for you move to the next instead of being snappy and rude.

Best of luck to all of us and remember no matter what side of the green grace you decide on stay positive.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2020
despi64:

what about i getting someone to make deposits and withdrawals for the time period with the minimum averange balance on a fresh account? Would that fly?
forget canada
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2020
Wake up from your dream my friend
despi64:

what about i getting someone to make deposits and withdrawals for the time period with the minimum averange balance on a fresh account? Would that fly?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ikjosh04: 11:55am On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:

Thank you, there are fund's(average money) and there are Fund's(big money) , i might be able to get the funds needed to apply for a study visa but personally I'm not totally convinced if spending such huge money for graduate studies abroad even with PR in sight is worth it without any form of scholarship when there are decent jobs not necessarily super high paying jobs in Nigeria (having the right skills and knowing the right people) and can be supplement with both online or offline business/es. My point is, is it really advisable for someone earning a decent salary (like 200k upward) to leave that job to seek greener Pastures abroad or it's better for the person to keep learning new skills especially Tech related skills to increase the earning power of the person? I know with a decent amount of money, i can give birth to my unborn kids abroad thereby securing their future with a dual citizenship.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Awesome01(m): 11:58am On Apr 22, 2020
Na wa o. Poor man pikin don suffer o.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Solatium(m): 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
One bottle of stout for you!
Your country is very sweet when you are in millions. Is it Uk? Get 10 years visa & go on countless holidays. Buy Yacht & be cruising round the world. As long as you don’t break any immigration rules, visa is always guaranteed

Na When you be hustler you go dey think say you wan die put for Europe.
Guy's wey get better job for Lagos here don travel tire,talk more of someone with almost ₦40million savings.
Guy's wey don get paper don dey enter Lagos dey ask some of my Guys wey don chop am how Dem sef fit do am.
One of my guy wey dey UK never finish never finish him building for mile 12 Area for more than 10 yrs now despite holding Spanish passport for more than 20yrs.
Mile 12 oo no be Magodo or omole o

Je even confined in me that if he fit get loan of £50k he go ja come Lagos forget Red pali dey enjoy himlife for here.
Life sweet for Naija If money dey

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by tjadeba(m): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Yes, it is worth it. I studied engineering in Nigeria and topped it up with another UK degree in IT. That laid the foundation for my career path, although I proceeded to study for MSc in IT. You do not necessarily need to have a degree in IT to have a career in IT.

And to your Canadian ambition, i will advise you always speak with the admissions department of the intended University and to avoid fraudulent claims on the internet, but if you think it will benefit you more to go through an education agent, there are very genuine ones in Nigeria too. You may need to google them too.

I hope this information is helpful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ikjosh04: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
tjadeba:

Yes, it is worth it. I studied engineering in Nigeria and topped it up with another UK degree in IT. That laid the foundation for my career path, although I proceeded to study for MSc in IT. You do not necessarily need to have a degree in IT to have a career in IT.

And to your Canadian ambition, i will advise you always speak with the admissions department of the intended University and to avoid fraudulent claims on the internet, but if you think it will benefit you more to go through an education agent, there are very genuine ones in Nigeria too. You may need to google them too.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you!
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Thank you, there are fund's(average money) and there are Fund's(big money) , i might be able to get the funds needed to apply for a study visa but personally I'm not totally convinced if spending such huge money for graduate studies abroad even with PR in sight is worth it without any form of scholarship when there are decent jobs not necessarily super high paying jobs in Nigeria (having the right skills and knowing the right people) and can be supplement with both online or offline business/es. My point is, is it really advisable for someone earning a decent salary (like 200k upward) to leave that job to seek greener Pastures abroad or it's better for the person to keep learning new skills especially Tech related skills to increase the earning power of the person? I know with a decent amount of money, i can give birth to my unborn kids abroad thereby securing their future with a dual citizenship.
200k is not a decent salary if i am to be honest with you. The countries people are giving birth for dual citizenship are closing their doors. Usa has casted. To get canada visa is very hard to go give birth. If you are below 31 go for canada pr visa. Even those in shell did it leaving their family there while they go meet them every month. Dey there o

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by pufframmy: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Yes bro I sent you a PM kindly reply was in Italy last year April before I came back home

watchindelta:
bro like how I take get the residence permit?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2020
Walahi you no lie at all.
One of my uncle wey get Uk citizenship never finish him house for village o. He never even roof am. Everytime my guy dey cry say money no dey upon him dey U.K. o. Infact dem no dey even recognise am for village meeting when him enter. Na all these guys wey don make am for Naija dem dey commot cap for.

If I get 1B naira wetin concern me with papers? Na to go Mauritius buy better beach house dey cruise life so
Solatium:

Na When you be hustler you go dey think say you wan die put for Europe.
Guy's wey get better job for Lagos here don travel tire,talk more of someone with almost ₦40million savings.
Guy's wey don get paper don dey enter Lagos dey ask some of my Guys wey don chop am how Dem sef fit do am.
One of my guy wey dey UK never finish never finish him building for mile 12 Area for more than 10 yrs now despite holding Spanish passport for more than 20yrs.
Mile 12 oo no be Magodo or omole o

Je even confined in me that if he fit get loan of £50k he go ja come Lagos forget Red pali dey enjoy himlife for here.
Life sweet for Naija If money dey

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by wickyyolo: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
monfizzy:
I did through marriage. Married in Abuja at AMAC registry Gariki and moved to the U.K. 2months later where I’ve since naturalised. Can still recall how the guys majority northerners where stunned looking at I and my young Caucasian bride all through the day, begging we give them money with the assumption she was rich when she was still a student at the time.

That’s so cute. I’m very proud of you.
You did the right thing.

I intend doing same after covid 19 Wahala.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ikjosh04: 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
200k is not a decent salary if i am to be honest with you. The countries people are giving birth for dual citizenship are closing their doors. Usa has casted. To get canada visa is very hard to go give birth. If you are below 31 go for canada pr visa. Even those in shell did it leaving their family there while they go meet them every month. Dey there o

Well, I get your point but I need you to look at it clearly from my angle. When i say decent salary (200k upward) i mean the money the person is earning with addition to the 5 million upward (the person already have this money in the account) needed for graduate studies in Canada. I know a family friend that gave birth to their last child in Brazil and the whole family was given Brazil citizenship and till date giving birth to a child in Brazil still gives any family automatic Brazil citizenship (Brazil pali is among the top pali in the world) and there are many other unknown countries that have nice pali which gives their citizens easy access to world class countries.
My question remains, people doing moderately okay in Nigeria with a good job or business and still have the money (5 million upward) needed to pursue a graduate study, express entry and other routes to get a PR abroad is it worth it?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Solatium(m): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Walahi you no lie at all.
One of my uncle wey get Uk citizenship never finish him house for village o. He never even roof am. Everytime my guy dey cry say money no dey upon him dey U.K. o. Infact dem no dey even recognise am for village meeting when him enter. Na all these guys wey don make am for Naija dem dey commot cap for.

If I get 1B naira wetin concern me with papers? Na to go Mauritius buy better beach house dey cruise life so

You can't be a multi millionaire living in Europe or America, except you dey do drugs,CC fraud no go even give you the kind of money we always dream of having.
But Abroad can make you comfortable. if you are looking at living the life of comfort, Abroad is the place to go,but never have it at the back of your mind say you go chop better money.
it won't happen,not with a legit job

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Well, I get your point but I need you to look at it clearly from my angle. When i say decent salary (200k upward) i mean the money the person is earning with addition to the 5 million upward (the person already have this money in the account) needed for graduate studies in Canada. I know a family friend that gave birth to their last child in Brazil and the whole family was given Brazil citizenship and till date giving birth to a child in Brazil still gives any family automatic Brazil citizenship (Brazil pali is among the top pali in the world) and there are many other unknown countries that have nice pali which gives their citizens easy access to world class countries.
My question remains, people doing moderately okay in Nigeria with a good job or business and still have the money (5 million upward) needed to pursue a graduate study, express entry and other routes to get a PR abroad is it worth it?
i know people on 1m a month or have 20m savings still doing it. Some come back but leave their wives and kids there. Even Brazilians are fleeing to canada. Dont dull

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
despi64:

Including proof of funds?
is pof for spending Its just money in account na
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by wickyyolo: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Zabiboy:
grin grin....
Everybody wan japa grin....

When you tell them let’s divide the country so we can have peace. They will not hear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

‘Alien Like’ Fish Washes Up On Australian Beach (Pix) / Yangsigang Yangtze River Bridge In China, Looking Like 'A Ladder To Heaven' / What Downtown Looks Like In São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.