Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (67890 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:36am On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You don't need any relatives abroad- it is not a requirement. You meet the financial requirement, which is the part most people have issues meetinging.

Now you have to find a way the find to get the at least a year's work experience in an occupation in NOC 0-B.

They are looking for skilled immigrants in certain occupations and that is they sole reason they have the immigration program.

What about one (me) that has 7 years work experience with the federal government and my woman I intend getting married to later this year, a nurse in a federal hospital, what are our chances?
What do we really need to present if we can show proof of funds and years of experience ?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 22, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i am talking about 1700 to 1900s. When famine was killing them all. Over Europe. Google irish farming. They had no money then. And they traveled freely. They have to right to want to stop us now abeg

You have a point, now there is an issue at hand. With the rising religious extremists and bad people, they might want to stop few things and have a check. That's how I see it. Maybe this is the only way around it... Think about it, they'd want to make sure they don't have bad peeps around them at least bad peeps should have a stop somehow...
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Babatunde40(m): 7:15am On Apr 22, 2020
nnennachiji:
You can have an immigrant visa from Nigeria to USA
That is how I got to USA last December my husband is a citizen and applied for me
My son is a citizen from birth though I delivered him in Nigeria so he didn’t need a visa
I applied for report of birth abroad and he got his USA passport
Because it’s more than 2 years we got married when I arrived I got 10years green card and will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 2022 October

Please don't turn against your husband and cause hell for him in the future. That's what most Nigerian ladies do once you take them overseas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Rooneyboy(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Peave82:
I would advise everyone considering residency to face Canada or Australia as most other countries aren’t as straight forward.

I came for my masters in 2011 on a student visa.

Then it expired in 2011 so i applied for two years post study visa which allows you to work full time.

To get my British citizenship,I went through the Iltr(Indefinite leave to remain)5year route
That means you need to have spent at least 5years in the United Kingdom minus student visa and postgraduate study visa.

I applied with form An and submitted;
-My Nigerian passport so they could check travel history.
-My Brp card.
-My life in the uk test.
-My uk Masters certificate.
-Letter from employer and p69 slips for the last 5years
-Paid £1400 for application and Biometrics.

(Came in 2010 and got British citizenship in 2020 so took me 10years).
Beautiful you pulled through in the end, happy for you sis

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Rooneyboy:

What about one (me) that has 7 years work experience with the federal government and my woman I intend getting married to later this year, a nurse in a federal hospital, what are our chances?
What do we really need to present if we can show proof of funds and years of experience ?
Each country has a quota for the number of immigrants they can take in each year and you're competing with citizens from 195 countries around the world. Only candidates that meet the cut-off score are called to apply for permanent residence. The cut-off mark fluctuates from month to month.
There are ways you can increase your chances:
-Get the highest possible marks in the TOEFL or IELTS english exam.
- Your 7 years work experience should increase your score.
- The higher the education qualification you have the higher your score.
-Certain countries if you are bilingual and speak French it increase your score e.g Canada
- When you get married and apply that should increase your score in the pool. Your wife language ability and work experience will be added to your score.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Rooneyboy(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Each country has a quota for the number of immigrants they can take in each year and you're competing with citizens from 195 countries around the world. Only candidates that meet the cut-off score are called to apply for permanent residence. The cut-off mark fluctuates from month to month.
There are ways you can increase your chances:
-Get the highest possible marks in the TOEFL or IELTS english exam.
- Your 7 years work experience should increase your score.
- The higher the education qualification you have the higher your score.
-Certain countries if you are bilingual and speak French it increase your score e.g Canada
- When you get married and apply that should increase your score in the pool. Your wife language ability and work experience will be added to your score.
Thank you very much, I really do appreciate this piece.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by drehdinho(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You don't need any relatives abroad- it is not a requirement. You meet the financial requirement, which is the part most people have issues meetinging.

Now you have to find a way the find to get the at least a year's work experience in an occupation in NOC 0-B.

They are looking for skilled immigrants in certain occupations and that is they sole reason they have the immigration program.

Pls, help me with simple and conscise content, link and available resources of requirements for Canada or Australia. I am more than meet the financial requirements.

I just finished as a law graduate, and i'm awaiting my law school.

I'm equally learning C# at the moment(a programming language), because I learned IT guys have a upper hand in getting their traveling applications approved faster.

You mentioned stuff like  NOC 0-B and other terms. Please, I need to be educated on specific knowledge needed to apply the right way and get my application approved.

Pls, help a brother. I need to leave this country that can pass for a dungeon,asap, to recover my sanity.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ijiimmayi: 7:53am On Apr 22, 2020
Good morning ruudvanisteroy. I hv few questions to ask.
1. Can one get a PR in Canada after a two year post graduate diploma course with my HND in Canada?

2. What if my school doesn’t require ielts from Nigerian students is it stil necessary I write it?

3. Do you have idea d cost to run a post graduate diploma wit HND.

4. Can I be able to foot my second year tuition fee wit the part time job?

I will appreciate all your inputs
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Uzee24: 7:56am On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
already explained here https://www.nairaland.com/5795862/how-did-obtain-permanent-residency/2#88623883. Lack of funds to me is the main ish. How many people or their parents really have 6m to 8m for school fees and living expenses. And most people borrow to put in bank account for the visa application. Oyinbo can see whatsup most times

Lack of funds isn't really the problem most of the time. These Visa Officers especially the ones in Kenya are erratic and sometimes unreasonable with their rejections. Though they are doing their job, sometimes, they apply their discretion irrationally. The situation was quite better when the London and Ghana Visa offices handled the visa processing for Nigerians.

I personally applied 3 times for students visa to Canada after securing admission in U of M for a master's program between 2018 and 2019. On all 3 occasions they gave different reasons from purpose of visit to family ties to personal assets.

Just in one attempt I got my visa to Germany without any unnecessary hassle. Even though Germany is beginning to tighten the noose on visa appointment, there is a 90% assurance that you will get a student visa if you answer the interview questions correctly most of which are about your course of study and your knowledge about the country.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by LadyJasper: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
See this wan
Shift please
Dude, you really need to calm down.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by zubby29(m): 8:19am On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Landed immigrant is your best option. If you go on a tourist visa, you will not be able to work. And will have to work on a cash basis or find an employer that will pay you under the table. It is not worth it, you will live like a slave-go through the legal route.
plz is it possible after some time u turn d tourist visa in parmanet and is under d table payment enough to fend for u and save a little
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2020
bezimo:

Na it's more than that..
Based on you pass IELTS once, oh..i know sone people wey do that IELTS 5 times.Lol..thats how much besides application fee, medical cost..credential evaluation cost
i am assuming one passes once. I did not spend up to 600k
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 8:44am On Apr 22, 2020
zubby29:
plz is it possible after some time u turn d tourist visa in parmanet and is under d table payment enough to fend for u and save a little
getting canada tourist visa is nearly impossible if you cannot convince the VO of coming back. U gat get a very good job or thriving business. Logically if u have those you will return home na
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Judybash93(m): 8:51am On Apr 22, 2020
imran90:
How difficult it's to get a resident visa?

In China, if you haven't invested up to $500,000 into their economy, kole work. They tried making marriage a possible way to gain citizenship but the Chinese people were totally against it for racist reasons. But who wants to live in China btw

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by tjadeba(m): 9:07am On Apr 22, 2020
Rhymeyjohn:

Hello Oga Ago, I need more information about this too up degree.

I wish to have another BSc.
What UK universities does this
Did you use an agent?
What's the cost implications? Please refer me to trusted links. Thanks

Hi yes, you can do that to...that's what I did. I had a degree in Nigeria too. I was in Portsmouth uni but many other universities offer such. Check the admissions portal of highly trusted universities (use that phrase in Google search) in the UK and there should be more information regarding that.
You may not need to go through any agent now, but during my time, the university referred me to their agent on Allen Avenue Road, I think Glory Education.

I hope this information is useful.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by zubby29(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Student Visa
The first step is to a get admission from a Canadian institution that is accredited. You application can still be rejected if you don't meet the rest of the requirements below:
-Present WAEC certificate
-Provide copy of TOEFL or IELTS
-Financial requirements - Show proof beyond reasonable doubt you have the financial resources to fund your education for the 1-4 year duration of your degree or diploma.
-Police certificate
-Birth certificate

Landed Immigrant
Has similar requirement to student visa, there is an additional work experience requirement There are certain job titles Canada is looking for in immigrants and there are listed from Skill level 0-B.

I think you should explore the landed immigrant option because your already a graduate and Masters degree is expensive. This is the cheaper option.

The process is pretty simply. Present all the documents they requested , and if you don't have the finances don't forge a bank statement, get a rich friend or relative to transfer money to your account, or get a bank staff to manipulate the number in your accounts, they will find out.

There is no secret to getting a Canadian student visa, it is a straight forward process. Australia has similar requirements to Canada.

You have other options like Germany, where the tuition is free and you just have to get admission and get the German visa. You get 18 months after you graduate to get a job, so you can file for permanent residency

You have Netherlands that offers cheaper tuition than Netherlands, where you have to pay the full tuition after you get admission and go for your visa interview. And get 12 months after you get graduate to get a job, before you can file for permanent residency.

for the German visa application, must 1 learn d German language?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2020
Rooneyboy:

Beautiful you pulled through in the end, happy for you sis
Thank you.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Mtchew
LadyJasper:

Dude, you really need to calm down.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Moheat(m): 10:18am On Apr 22, 2020
You were able to file without writing IELTS? How is that possible sir?

RuudVanNisteroy:
There are several legal pathways for Nigerians to obtain permanent residency in Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,Australia and North America .Here are six ways to obtain legal stay:

-Work permit-Permanent residency
-Asylum
-Graduate student-permanent residency
-Marriage
-Landed immigrant
-Citizenship by Investment

I was able to get my permanent residency through the student route in Canada. I graduated and had to obtain 1 year of work experience before I was able to file for permanent residence.

Living illegally in any country can make your life a living hell and you will always be looking over your shoulders and subject to blackmail when you find jobs that pay under the table.

It is important to choose a country which makes obtaining a permanent residency easy for foreigners. And not make the mistake of spending millions of naira on countries that like to do chop and clean mouth with your tuition and other money you invested in the country, only to make it near impossible to obtain legal papers to stay there permanently. The two countries that are most friendly to immigration currently are Canada and Australia, unfortunately they are out of reach financially for most people intending to migrate and have stricter requirements..
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Solatium(m): 10:25am On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Botswana is ranked least corrupt country in Africa, as well as ranked as one of the most developed and has one of the highest GDP per capita on the continent. And their passport is the 4th most powerful in Africa.

With $93k in my kitty I will live like a Prince here,by the time those who had gone to Europe and America to struggle are back with their Red or Blue passport after 10-15 yrs.
I will be swimming in it.
ko bajẹ fun ìlú òyìnbó

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2020
One bottle of stout for you!
Your country is very sweet when you are in millions. Is it Uk? Get 10 years visa & go on countless holidays. Buy Yacht & be cruising round the world. As long as you don’t break any immigration rules, visa is always guaranteed
Solatium:

With $93k in my kitty I will live like a Prince here,by the time those who had gone to Europe and America to struggle are back with their Red or Blue passport after 10-15 yrs.
I will be swimming in it.
ko bajẹ fun ìlú òyìnbó
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2020
For those people that think U.K. likes or wants more immigrants read https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-home-office-nhs-visa-extension-clarity-a9473341.html?amp. If they can be so strict with people that are saving lives, what more of you that’s studying business management or a daft program that’s not in demand & hoping to stay back. U.K. will say one today & change mouth tomorrow. Post study visa they announced since last September, it’s still yet to be constituted. They will say soon CONVID19 delayed plans & eh it will start from 2022 or they will introduce one rule later that 80% of people won’t be eligible to get the visa. Very conny people

Someone from 2009 will soon remind me of how he or she got residency, forgetting that things were easier then than now

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gloriouscrown: 10:48am On Apr 22, 2020
Peave82:

-First off all when you start your masters try to take on roles such as student union,class rep etc as being a known face you are more likely to get your lecturers as references.
-Attend campus career days as these are where companies come to university to talk about themselves and jobs they offer.There is also a career adviser on every campus and you can book an appointment with them.

-There are also student jobs paid jobs but your hours are restricted by law as you need to study and also voluntary/unpaid jobs with charities, these count as work experience so when the companies come you are more likely to land a position as you’re cv would be “interesting”.

-Some companies have license to sponsor your visa and others cannot so research these companies that come to your campus.
-Remember after school you don’t qualify for an Iltr till 5 years so your next visa would be post study.
(light thrown enough for you?.)....Hope this helps.

Hello, what if someone gets a job during the two years psw, would the visa change to tier 2 immediately?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 10:50am On Apr 22, 2020
No your employer will sponsor you first by giving you a COS, then you will apply for tier 2
Gloriouscrown:

Hello, what if someone gets a job during the two years psw, would the visa change to tier 2 immediately?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Zannix(m): 10:56am On Apr 22, 2020
grin grin
Kekereekun123:
the oyinbos migrated to different continents without visa but are making life hard for people that wann go these days. People will keep trying tourist visa marriage format
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2020
Gloriouscrown:

When you get a job during the post study at the expiration your next application will be a Tier 2 visa type.
you need to confirm from your workplace if they have a sponsorship licence and are willing to sponsor you as not all businesses are eligible.Im not sure links are allowed on this forum ild have sent you a gov.uk page to read up.
To answer directly NO your visa does not change immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.