Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (68305 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by davidowizkid: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ruudvanestrooy I need your advice please help me get his attention advice advice that may dictate my direction
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ijiimmayi:
Good morning ruudvanisteroy. I hv few questions to ask.
1. Can one get a PR in Canada after a two year post graduate diploma course with my HND in Canada?

2. What if my school doesn’t require ielts from Nigerian students is it stil necessary I write it?

3. Do you have idea d cost to run a post graduate diploma wit HND.

4. Can I be able to foot my second year tuition fee wit the part time job?

I will appreciate all your inputs
1)There are many two year post graduate diploma courses with accredited Universities or Colleges that will qualify for permanent residency. Not every one has the finance to pursue an undergraduate degree that takes a minimum of 4 years.
2) I am not aware of any accredited school that doesn't have an english requirement to write TOEFL or IELTS. Double check to make sure the intended school is accredited
3) The cost ranges depending on which school you get admission to. Can range from $20,000-$40000 for a 2 year diploma program and 20 credits at cost of around a minimum of $1000 per credit.
4) You are only allowed to work maximum of 20/hrs a week and during May-August can work unlimited hours. It is possible to cover most of your tuition if you work two jobs over summer(May-August). You can possible make up to $20,000 in a year if you work two jobs or get a good internship for example in the oil industry from (May-August)

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2020
drehdinho:

Pls, help me with simple and conscise content, link and available resources of requirements for Canada or Australia. I am more than meet the financial requirements.

I just finished as a law graduate, and i'm awaiting my law school.

I'm equally learning C# at the moment(a programming language), because I learned IT guys have a upper hand in getting their traveling applications approved faster.

You mentioned stuff like  NOC 0-B and other terms. Please, I need to be educated on specific knowledge needed to apply the right way and get my application approved.

Pls, help a brother. I need to leave this country that can pass for a dungeon,asap, to recover my sanity.
To apply as a landed immigrant you have to have a work experience in NOC 0-B. You can search your current job in the link below and see if you qualify.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by wickyyolo: 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
bezimo:
Came in here for school and lived here for a while...but then started getting all the requirement for permanent residency(PR) gradually such as WES report, Work experience reference, police report for my time in Europe and 9ja, IELTS, Proof of fund, sibling PR card details etc...then when the time was right I put in the application. Applied on the Express entry FSW stream platform on May 5..got my PR by August 14. I credit the speed and success of my getting my PR to God Almighty who favored me among many!! It is him that open the door of Nations to you..I must say I made prayers to God on the matter who answered me in his mercy.

Oh Canada..My home and native land..True patriot love...

Naso. We have donated u. Although Buhari stillwants u back cheesy
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Ejjis(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
You must be very rude, how could you say that?.. I need working permit with 2yrs visa..

Skymoore1004:
Na scam dey hungry you
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Thank you for this information, do you have any regrets doing a second undergraduate degree?

I know an agent that's helping Nigerian's secure an undergraduate admission in university of Manitoba Canada and according to the agent :
1)it's a study and work program
2)i can pay my school fees in Canada and no tuition deposit.
3) The admission is gotten under a month
4) Only waec results is needed for the admission
5) i wouldn't need TOEFL or IELTS examination for the admission
6) it's a payment after service (agent payment)
7) Scholarship is available for the 2nd year.

I don't know this agent personally yet, only on Instagram.
So i don't know if what the agent claims is feasible and how wise is it for me to undergo another undergraduate degree since my first degree here in Nigeria is chemical engineering and i graduated with a 2:1 currently on nysc. P. S, i don't really have the fund's to pursue graduate studies in Canada and I'm in my mid 20's.

Cc., RuudVanNisteroy, salford
There are many fake agents trying to scam people. The English requirement is compulsory and you need to have TOEFL or IELTS.

You application will be rejected if you have not shown proof you have paid your tuition at the embassy. The rejection rate is already high, don't add your application to the list.
Your WAEC can be used to get admission. And yes scholarship is available in your second year,but that depends on your academic performance. And grants are also available that reduce the tuition you pay as well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by fid4fid: 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
watchindelta:
bro like how I take get the residence permit?

I been PM you. Wan ask you 1or 2 about Italo
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
Olalekanbanky1:

Boss pls I want to mail you. I need to make inquiries abt this manitoba stuff. Thanks sir
Ask me anything on this thread. I don't respond to DM's, I have received to many.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
despi64:

I'm lost here. Are you saying bank statement should/can be forged by a bank staff? Anyway, is it wise to use a fresh account i.e open a new account for the purpose of showing proof of funds for PR application? And when does the embassy verify the funds.
They can easily call your bank to verify the statement is authentic and ask further question about the inflow and outflows into your account over a time period.
There are some comprised bank staff, that are willing to do things for extra money. They are in a position to help people move money into their account on a short term basis to meet the minimum financial requirement.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
seanwilliam:
what of someone that has NECO oo.. how e go be
WAEC is the mimumum requirement for Nigeria.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by wickyyolo: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Solatium:

Na When you be hustler you go dey think say you wan die put for Europe.
Guy's wey get better job for Lagos here don travel tire,talk more of someone with almost ₦40million savings.
Guy's wey don get paper don dey enter Lagos dey ask some of my Guys wey don chop am how Dem sef fit do am.
One of my guy wey dey UK never finish never finish him building for mile 12 Area for more than 10 yrs now despite holding Spanish passport for more than 20yrs.
Mile 12 oo no be Magodo or omole o

Je even confined in me that if he fit get loan of £50k he go ja come Lagos forget Red pali dey enjoy himlife for here.
Life sweet for Naija If money dey

My guy got a job in NNPC . He left Ireland and came back.

If there is money. I’d rather stay in naija. But the money is not readily available. But if I see the Kaali. Nah to stay back oh

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
Beolly:

Bro please answer this question, this has been burning in my heart for many months now have posted it in the travel section but no helpful information. it seems you are vast in traveling issues

please how easy is it or how can a citizen of any European country facilitate the migration of someone in Nigeria to her country without coming down here. What steps will the person take and what documents will she send that will facilitate the granting of visa at the country's embassy here in Nigeria? through what means can it be send? and I don't know if it's possible to send visa from there to Nigeria? you have an idea how much it will cost? Please I beg you to help me address this question one after the other please. It's one of this east European countries.

They have family reunification program to unite immigrants with their families. The condition is that immigrants can bring only their parents and the children below 18 years that still live with them get the permanent residency.

That is how my youngest sister who is below 18 years old got her permanent residence papers to Canada through my parents when we filed for the family reunification landed immigrant visa.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Rhymeyjohn: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
tjadeba:

Hi yes, you can do that to...that's what I did. I had a degree in Nigeria too. I was in Portsmouth uni but many other universities offer such. Check the admissions portal of highly trusted universities (use that phrase in Google search) in the UK and there should be more information regarding that.
You may not need to go through any agent now, but during my time, the university referred me to their agent on Allen Avenue Road, I think Glory Education.

I hope this information is useful.

Thanks. Very useful
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Is WAEC required for MSC. also, and what of GCE is it accepted ?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by yeme7(m): 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Austine1212:

If you overstay your visit you'll be deported and banned for 10 years

So what type of visa do u advice for someone to apply for? For permanent stay... If someone is inviting u
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Chuchu27: 2:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
ednut1:
Most Nigerians don't care. Conference format and tourist visa things then find how to marry akata or white grin

This is a really a horrible way of thinking and it's why they don't give Nigerians visas so easily.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Etinosa1234: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
drehdinho:

Pls, help me with simple and conscise content, link and available resources of requirements for Canada or Australia. I am more than meet the financial requirements.

I just finished as a law graduate, and i'm awaiting my law school.

I'm equally learning C# at the moment(a programming language), because I learned IT guys have a upper hand in getting their traveling applications approved faster.

You mentioned stuff like  NOC 0-B and other terms. Please, I need to be educated on specific knowledge needed to apply the right way and get my application approved.

Pls, help a brother. I need to leave this country that can pass for a dungeon,asap, to recover my sanity.

Bro... do u plan to enter law school first b4 traveling

Is it even compulsory u go to law school after graduating
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by seanwilliam(m): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

so u mean u cant study overseas with neco?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bro... do u plan to enter law school first b4 traveling

Is it even compulsory u go to law school after graduating

It’s not compulsory to go to Law school but if he doesn’t do so and pass the bar exams he wouldn’t be called to the NigerianBar.

You’ve spent 5 tough years studying law just manage 1 more in law school.If you need to eat frog eat big one i say!.

I think even if you leaving the country is always good to hold something as “insurance” just incase tomorrow the country does Nigerians must go style declaration.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by bezimo(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
wickyyolo:

Naso. We have donated u. Although Buhari stillwants u back cheesy

Who is we..wetin consign me with Buhari..Abegi..You donated yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Etinosa1234: 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Peave82:

It’s not compulsory to go to Law school but if he doesn’t do so and pass the bar exams he wouldn’t be called to the NigerianBar.

You’ve spent 5 tough years studying law just manage 1 more in law school.If you need to eat frog eat big one i say!.

I think even if you leaving the country is always good to hold something as “insurance” just incase tomorrow the country does Nigerians must go style declaration.

ohh.. thanks Ma...

I'm actually in 300 lvl...

I jus want to travel out to Australia(I have relatives over there)by 2022 or 2023...

can't I come in 5-6 yrs time to do the law school...

besides I heard that law is not so much in use in Australia
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 22, 2020
Etinosa1234:

ohh.. thanks Ma...

I'm actually in 300 lvl...

I jus want to travel out to Australia(I have relatives over there)by 2022 or 2023...

can't I come in 5-6 yrs time to do the law school...

besides I heard that law is not so much in use in Australia

I see what you mean,you just do you.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 4:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Ask me anything on this thread. I don't respond to DM's, I have received to many.

Tnx for the reply.
How easy is manitoba entry method?

What is the minimum score for ielts?

Like how much would finish the processing + flight? (for a husband and wife)

What is an average monthly take-home (after tax) in canada if it clicks?

Tnx sir

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I forgot to add that in. For example you can buy a Botswana citizenship for $93,000 dollars. Their passport is visa free to UK,Ireland,Hong Kong,Singapore and many other countries. Many fantastically corrupt Nigerian politicians use their loot to buy citizenship of countries that offers visa free travel around the world.

Please throw more light on how to obtain Bostwa PR.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by amNIGERIA: 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: about the pilot

Who can apply

To be eligible for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program, you must meet all IRCC eligibility requirements. You must

-have qualifying work experience orhave graduated from a publicly funded post-secondary institution in the recommending community
-meet or exceed the language requirements
-meet or exceed the educational requirements
-prove you have enough money to support your transition into the communityintend to live in the community
-meet community-specific requirements

If you meet all of the requirements, you can start to look for an eligible job in the community.

Work experience

You need 1 year of continuous work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years.

To calculate your hours of work experience

count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs

The hours must be in 1 occupation, but they can be with different employers.

The hours must be over a period of at least 12 months.

These working hours can be inside or outside Canada.If you worked in Canada, you must have been allowed to work in Canada.don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering or unpaid internships don’t count)don’t count hours when you were self-employed

Your work experience must include

most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC

You can see which duties are involved by searching your job title on the NOC web page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/pr-eligibility.html
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2020
amNIGERIA:
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: about the pilot

Who can apply

To be eligible for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot Program, you must meet all IRCC eligibility requirements. You must

-have qualifying work experience orhave graduated from a publicly funded post-secondary institution in the recommending community
-meet or exceed the language requirements
-meet or exceed the educational requirements
-prove you have enough money to support your transition into the communityintend to live in the community
-meet community-specific requirements

If you meet all of the requirements, you can start to look for an eligible job in the community.

Work experience

You need 1 year of continuous work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years.

To calculate your hours of work experience

count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs

The hours must be in 1 occupation, but they can be with different employers.

The hours must be over a period of at least 12 months.

These working hours can be inside or outside Canada.If you worked in Canada, you must have been allowed to work in Canada.don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering or unpaid internships don’t count)don’t count hours when you were self-employed

Your work experience must include

most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC

You can see which duties are involved by searching your job title on the NOC web page.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/pr-eligibility.html
you have less than 0.01% chance of getting picked for this program. See the rural area below looking for 20 people but got 5000 applications. They would choose those in canada already

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Olalekanbanky1:

Tnx for the reply.
How easy is manitoba entry method?

What is the minimum score for ielts?

Like how much would finish the processing + flight? (for a husband and wife)

What is an average monthly take-home (after tax) in canada if it clicks?

Tnx sir

manitoba pnp has been paused since july 2019. Seems they found out many people were doing arrangee relative which is a compulsory requirement
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by 1b8m: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
I am 31yo with a masters in chemical engineering. I intend to pursue a PhD elsewhere and I have relative who's willing to support with 10m. What's my best shot pls? I am looking at Canada or Australia

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.