Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (67850 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
imran90:
You mean $93000x#385? That's a very huge amount.

Well, that of Singapore is $2M+. Even Canada which is relatively easy compared to other developed countries has her citizenship by investment in seven figures. The cheaper it gets, the less free your passport will be.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Gerrard59:

The oyinbos migrated because they are rich and with this richness comes power. So, they deserve to migrate as they deem fit. Japanese, South Koreans, Malaysians and Singaporeans aren't oyinbos but they move freely too without visas because they are rich. No one disrespects a rich person, no one.
i am talking about 1700 to 1900s. When famine was killing them all. Over Europe. Google irish farming. They had no money then. And they traveled freely. They have to right to want to stop us now abeg

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
imran90:
Thanks for the response sir. I have a budget plan of around 1m to 1.5m. Which make it very difficult for me to choose among coutries you listed above.
canada expenses is not up to 600k. 3.5m needed as account balance can be gotten from relatives and repaid when you reach. Be smart

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You will live the life of a slave if you don't have legal papers.:
-Unable to access healthcare.
-Can't buy property or access credit.
-Get a driver's licence and have to watch over your shoulders if you choose to drive without a licence for the police
-Leave the country and re-enter.
-Get an office job and only qualify for jobs that require physical labour.
-Subject to blackmail when you find an employer that will pay you under the table without legal papers.

Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt failed state, so it speaks volume, when people will rather be a slave in a foreign country. I understand the motivations why people choose to risk their lives to escape, but you have know what your getting yourself into.
over 70% of Nigerians in the usa came in this way and even uk. Tourist conference format. Baba all na hustle

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by TWoods(m): 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
the oyinbos migrated to different continents without visa but are making life hard for people that wann go these days. People will keep trying tourist visa marriage format

Those oyinbos went to empty lands and transformed them into societies you want to live in. We simply want to reap where we have not sown. Why shouldn’t they make life hard for us? Do you let the homeless come sleep on your couch and eat your food for free?

42 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by TWoods(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i am talking about 1700 to 1900s. When famine was killing them all. Over Europe. Google irish farming. They had no money then. And they traveled freely. They have to right to want to stop us now abeg

lol perhaps I can come to your home and take what you have worked hard to build?

They traveled freely because the lands they went to where largely empty! I’m sure no one will stop you from migrating to an empty island somewhere and develop it to whatever you want. Oyinbos built their countries from scratch to benefit their children... you do the same rather than simply looking to be a parasite and demanding to be allowed to.

48 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
over 70% of Nigerians in the usa came in this way and even uk. Tourist conference format. Baba all na hustle
How many of them now have legal papers?Don't mislead people into slavery.
You went for visa interview and told them you are going to visit relatives or go for tourism and tell them the date you plan on coming back to Nigeria. They keep all this information on a database. And then you overstay you tourist visa and still think when you file for green card application they will approve it? There are million of undocumented immigrants living like slaves in USA and thousands in Canada.
The only option they have is to claim asylum, but that loophole is now being closed due to abuse by people lieing that they "fleeing persecution from being gay, "fleeing Boko Haram".
Try and come through the legal route or claim asylum if you have a genuine case. Years from now they can still open your file and deport you if they found out you lied.
You got an American tourist visa and used it to claim asylum in Canada immediately after you arrive. The American authorities will share the information you provided at the US embassy in Lagos with Canada. Don't take any short-cuts and go though the several legal routes available.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by CoronaVirusPro: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
H1B
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

How many of them now have legal papers?Don't mislead people into slavery.
You went for visa interview and told them you are going to visit relatives or go for tourism and tell them the date you plan on coming back to Nigeria. They keep all this information on a database. And then you overstay you tourist visa and still think when you file for green card application you think they will approve it? There are million of undocumented immigrants living like slaves in USA and thousands in Canada.
The only option they have is to claim asylum, but that loophole is now being closed due to abuse by people lieing that they "fleeing persecution from being gay, "fleeing Boko Haram".
Try and come through the legal route or asylum route if you have a genuine case. Years from now they can still open your file and deport you if they found out you lied.
I would not personally support it. But people are ready to risk it all. Some have been able to get legal stay. For many they are not fortunate. Some are investing at home building houses for rent and will one day come to retire. Before they are caught they pray they must have invested at home. E no easy

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by moonraker(m): 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
imran90:
How difficult it's to get a resident visa?

Are you kidding me angry angry
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:

Sure they were poor then, which means Africans were an epitome of poverty.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by moonraker(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Gentlemen and Ladies, I get it. I truly do get it. You want to Japa!

It is imperative that you do things the right way. Not coming on a tourist visa and expect to get a job just like that??

Then you get caught and your like your village people have caught up with you. No buster, you played yourself.

Making it difficult for law abiding Nigerians to even go on vacations. Imagine China! China dont issue tourist visa`s to Nigerians. smh

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
And that is why we have strict visa requirements and the rejection rate is extremely high at the various embassies. They know the format because they keep data on all these things. They know 70% of Nigerian applicants at the embassy have no plans of coming back and that is why they have several legal options you can explore to relocate permanently.

When Nigerians take short-cuts or lie in their applications, they end up ruining it for the rest that want to travel,study or legally migrate with legitimate reasons and documents.

Why is it citizens of Botswana can travel to Ireland and United Kingdom visa free?They follow the rules and the data they have shows that.
We have to find a way to earn back our trust. We used to be able to travel to many western countries without visas, that changed in the 80's when we started to overstay our tourist visas.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ApexTitan(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
TWoods:

Those oyinbos went to empty lands and transformed them into societies you want to live in. We simply want to reap where we have not sown. Why shouldn’t they make life hard for us? Do you let the homeless come sleep on your couch and eat your food for free?

You can say that again. People think that life in the 1700s and 1800s was a walk in the park. Imagine relocating to a place like Canada in the early 1800s and building a society from scratch, with winter temperatures dropping to -40C or lower and no electric heater in your house, or making sure that you get your farming right in the short warm seasons else you would starve to death. Consider what it was like to build roads, bridges or even houses in subzero temperatures or blazing summer heat with the "low tech" and skill available at that time. Virtually all of the North American immigrants in the early 1900s relocated without any welfare support from the government ( it did not exist at that time), - very many people today would not consider making such a move if such "support" was not available.

There are many things that people take for granted today that the early settlers made possible and I can only shake my head in disappointment when I read comments that reek of entitlement

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by nnennachiji(f): 4:28am On Apr 19, 2020
You can have an immigrant visa from Nigeria to USA
That is how I got to USA last December my husband is a citizen and applied for me
My son is a citizen from birth though I delivered him in Nigeria so he didn’t need a visa
I applied for report of birth abroad and he got his USA passport
Because it’s more than 2 years we got married when I arrived I got 10years green card and will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 2022 October

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 4:30am On Apr 19, 2020
nnennachiji:
You can have an immigrant visa from Nigeria to USA
That is how I got to USA last December my husband is a citizen and applied for me
My son is a citizen from birth though I delivered him in Nigeria so he didn’t need a visa
I applied for report of birth abroad and he got his USA passport
Because it’s more than 2 years we got married when I arrived I got 10years green card and will be eligible to apply for citizenship in 2022 October
Congrats and wish you all the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 10:28am On Apr 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy Nice thread man. I'm pitching my tent here.
Zinibanks
Let's pitch our tents with the Dutch flag. LOL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2020
Craigbrown4076:
Zinibanks
We are in this together

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Students and landed immigrants from Nigeria are seen as a key resource to fill the labour shortages in the western world in key sectors of their economy because of their education qualifications,contribution to the economic growth and successful integration.

Contrary to the picture painted about Nigeria globally, only a small percentage of Nigerian immigrants that become permanent residents engage in illegal activity.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
Craigbrown4076:
Zinibanks
Dutch flag is hard to pitch, had to go with the Canadian flag.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Dutch flag is hard to pitch, had to go with the Canadian flag.
i know right? Well I'm determined. How about moving to Belgium and then Netherlands?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Craigbrown4076:
i know right? Well I'm determined. How about moving to Belgium and then Netherlands?
I only went on a visit to Belgium for a church program. You can't tell a difference between the two countries,they look exactly the same and sound alike just with a different dialect.

I am not sure how their immigration program works, Belgium is often overlooked by Nigerians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Belgium is very strict with immigration
RuudVanNisteroy:

I only went on a visit to Belgium for a church program. You can't tell a difference between the two countries,they look exactly the same and sound alike just with a different dialect.

I am not sure how their immigration program works, Belgium is often overlooked by Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Only Canada,United Kingdom and Australia are still left open. The immigration window is slowly being closed to Nigerians.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Yeah i noticed that alot of Nigerians on NL don't talk about Belgium as well. But what do
vou think man?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Craigbrown4076: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
For real bro?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
Which Canada? Nigerians that have 81% student visa rejection rate for Canada visa?

Which U.K.? You don hear person wey get pr in U.K. after studying? 90% leave the country after studies

Maybe Australia o

Or Ghana hahaha
RuudVanNisteroy:

Only Canada,United Kingdom and Australia are still left open. The immigration door window is slowly being closed to Africans.

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
Yes very strict
Craigbrown4076:
For real bro?

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Which Canada? Nigerians that have 81% student visa rejection rate for Canada visa?

Which U.K.? You don hear person wey get pr in U.K. after studying? 90% leave the country after studies

Maybe Australia o

Or Ghana hahaha
Nigeria was in top 4 permanent immigrants to canada in 2018 amd 2019. For student visa canada still granted about 7000 Nigerians last year

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
7000 Nigerians? Bro haba
ednut1:
Nigeria was in top 4 permanent immigrants to canada in 2018 amd 2019. For student visa canada still granted about 7000 Nigerians last year
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by ednut1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2020

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Just Collected My International Passport / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.