Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,702 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (67837 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Brokeboygram: 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
There are several legal pathways for Nigerians to obtain permanent residency in Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,Australia and North America .Here are six ways to obtain legal stay:

-Work permit-Permanent residency
-Asylum
-Graduate student-permanent residency
-Marriage
-Landed immigrant
-Citizenship by Investment

I was able to get my permanent residency through the student route in Canada. I graduated and had to obtain 1 year of work experience before I was able to file for permanent residence.

Living illegally in any country can make your life a living hell and you will always be looking over your shoulders and subject to blackmail when you find jobs that pay under the table.

It is important to choose a country which makes obtaining a permanent residency easy for foreigners. And not make the mistake of spending millions of naira on countries that like to do chop and clean mouth with your tuition and other money you invested in the country, only to make it near impossible to obtain legal papers to stay there permanently. The two countries that are most friendly to immigration currently are Canada and Australia, unfortunately they are out of reach financially for most people intending to migrate and have stricter requirements..

I'm studying History and international Studies here in Naija. And I'm planning to further my studies in either Australia or Canada as I heard that they're more prospects of succeeding in my field of study, especially in Australia. Do you think I have any hope of getting gainful employment after studying in any of these countries, say Canada where you are?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
10 years ago things were different.
I’m talking about now.
To even stay 10 years in U.K. now after studying is war.
So many obstacles
Easiest now is marriage.
Peave82:

Actually that’s not true.
Yes you can get by marrying a British citizenship but there are other routes too.
I got my percent residency after 10years and i didn’t marry anyone to do it.
They just need you to be truthful and submit the correct documentation that’s all.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by sureayworld(m): 6:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

USA,Canada,Italy,Japan,France,USA,Germany.
How many USA? UK is the 7th country

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by kroger: 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
babakb:

Indeed, Nigerians are very selfish, they don't care about the negative consequences of this Akata nonsense, that's why I support the stringent visa rules on Nigerians.

Akata wahala sef fit give person high bp

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Been living here for over a decade.
Boss pls I want to mail you. I need to make inquiries abt this manitoba stuff. Thanks sir
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by despi64(m): 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Student Visa
[b]

The process is pretty simply. Present all the documents they requested , and if you don't have the finances don't forge a bank statement, get a rich friend or relative to transfer money to your account, or get a bank staff to manipulate the number in your accounts, they will find out.

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by DabuIIIT: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

That is why you need to get a passport of a G7 country. Nigerian passport don cast.

Guy please give me connection

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Theta1: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
By Birth oooooo. Infact without my consent
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by DeAlphaMale(m): 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
China?
RuudVanNisteroy:

USA,Canada,Italy,Japan,France,USA,Germany.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
IjawAboki007:

TEN GOOD YEARS damn
Yep but in 8 of the 10 years,iv been working full time in education and earning proper which is the whole essence of migrating i think.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by DeAlphaMale(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Theta1:
By Birth oooooo. Infact without my consent
ur own better
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by hodari: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
There are some Caribbean countries that offer citizenship to investors. These countries are very popular with those looking for a second passport which can offer them visa free travel to over 100 – 140 countries world wide, including access to the EU Schengen zone and the UK. You must invest US$100,000 to be eligible.

Antigua & Barbuda GDP Per Capita US$16,726

Dominica GDP Per Capita US$ 7,691

Grenada GDP Per Capita US$ 10,640

St Kitts&Nevis GDP Per Capita US$19, 275

St Lucia GDP Per Capita US$10,566

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by themaestro08(m): 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2020
GreenKalada:

I like Germany tho but hate the shitty weather. It's always raining

Miles better than British weather

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by seanwilliam(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
canada expenses is not up to 600k. 3.5m needed as account balance can be gotten from relatives and repaid when you reach. Be smart
babq abeg put your boy through.. make person gather small change and japa o
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
hodari:
There are some Caribbean countries that offer citizenship to investors. These countries are very popular with those looking for a second passport which can offer them visa free travel to over 100 – 140 countries world wide, including access to the EU Schengen zone and the UK. You must invest US$100,000 to be eligible.

St Lucia GDP Per Capita

How many Nigerians earn more than 36 million naira annually let alone have it somewhere to purchase a citizenship? Those aren't your regular folks and those who have such money know what to do and can pay the like of Henley and Partners to do the work.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by vickydevoka(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I forgot to add that in. For example you can buy a Botswana citizenship for $93,000 dollars. Their passport is visa free to UK,Ireland,Hong Kong,Singapore and many other countries. Many fantastically corrupt Nigerian politicians use their loot to buy citizenship of countries that offers visa free travel around the world.
Mean dats huge sum of f money
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by TheManOfTheYear: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Which Canada? Nigerians that have 81% student visa rejection rate for Canada visa?

Which U.K.? You don hear person wey get pr in U.K. after studying? 90% leave the country after studies

Maybe Australia o

Or Ghana hahaha
You're just formulating statistics without facts..

Try doing your research thoroughly before misleading people here

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
10 years ago things were different.
I’m talking about now.
To even stay 10 years in U.K. now after studying is war.
So many obstacles
Easiest now is marriage.
Marriage is serious business and should be about
Love and compatibility not documents but that’s just my opinion.
I know i only only got my PR this 2020 and it’s worth it.Best of luck.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
People that can afford this don’t need even need the citizenship or passport. Wetin concern dangote with citizenship? Somethings get level o, it’s only appealing to us because we have not gotten to that standard yet.

Someone like adenuga in his banana island paradise no need passport. He just gets 10 years visa , buy yacht & stay abroad till his satisfied. Come back to Nigeria where everyone dey call am “sir” & keep making billions
hodari:

St Lucia GDP Per Capita US$10,566

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by hodari: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Gerrard59:

How many Nigerians earn more than 36 million naira annually let alone have it somewhere to purchase a citizenship? Those aren't your regular folks and those who have such money know what to do and can pay the like of Henley and Partners to do the work.
Someone else was suggesting obtaining Botswana citizenship for US$93,000. I was just offering a different perspective.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Metrofox(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Cmeo:

Chai! See someone who possibly has not been to any or so much country saying Nigeria is one of the worst place to live.

Change your perception about Nigeria and begin to see the opportunities that lies in it

Lol.. Motivational speaker, he doesn't need to travel to understand living conditions of other human beings, thanks to the internet we have access to information at the tap of a button..

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Solidkay(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
There are several legal pathways for Nigerians to obtain permanent residency in Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,Australia and North America .Here are six ways to obtain legal stay:

-Work permit-Permanent residency
-Asylum
-Graduate student-permanent residency
-Marriage
-Landed immigrant
-Citizenship by Investment

I was able to get my permanent residency through the student route in Canada. I graduated and had to obtain 1 year of work experience before I was able to file for permanent residence.

Living illegally in any country can make your life a living hell and you will always be looking over your shoulders and subject to blackmail when you find jobs that pay under the table.

It is important to choose a country which makes obtaining a permanent residency easy for foreigners. And not make the mistake of spending millions of naira on countries that like to do chop and clean mouth with your tuition and other money you invested in the country, only to make it near impossible to obtain legal papers to stay there permanently. The two countries that are most friendly to immigration currently are Canada and Australia, unfortunately they are out of reach financially for most people intending to migrate and have stricter requirements..

Hello boss
I'll love to have a chat with you
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 7:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Take you’re emptiness somewhere else
TheManOfTheYear:
You're just formulating statistics without facts..

Try doing your research thoroughly before misleading people here
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
You no go tell us the struggle o, na only success you go tell us. Aspire to inspire I don hear
Peave82:

Marriage is serious business and should be about
Love and compatibility not documents but that’s just my opinion.
I know i only only got my PR this 2020 and it’s worth it.Best of luck.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by TheManOfTheYear: 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
The main purpose of this thread was for people abroad to share how they got their permanent residence/citizenship, however, what I'm mostly reading here is a QnA session of how to immigrate, blah blah blah.

Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Mind your business
TheManOfTheYear:
The main purpose of this thread was for people abroad to share how they got their permanent residence/citizenship, however, what I'm mostly reading here is a QnA session of how to immigrate, blah blah blah.

Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Oh okay good
yeah
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by TheManOfTheYear: 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Take you’re emptiness somewhere else
So what if it is 81% refusal, it's because Nigerians choose to be fraudulent during these applications.

It still doesn't change the fact that more than 7k Nigerians went to Canada for studies, it could have been more if only they were not trying to take short cut

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by TheManOfTheYear: 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Mind your business
I'm done with you.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
From saying I made wrong claims to blaming fraud. Abeg just dey your dey
TheManOfTheYear:
So what if it is 81% refusal, it's because Nigerians choose to be fraudulent during these applications.

It still doesn't change the fact that more than 7k Nigerians went to Canada for studies, it could have been more if only they were not trying to take short cut

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Me too sef
Woman of the year
TheManOfTheYear:
I'm done with you.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fiestafetta:
Thanks so much. Actually she is my wife, we choose to use her degrees because she is much educated and than I. I only have Bsc psychology but not working in the field. I run a business. She is 32 years. Thanks for your assistance
read more on https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled. Tho the age is a bit high you may still scale through. Points for age starts to decrease by 5 for each year once you reach 30 in canada points grid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Just Collected My International Passport / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.