Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? (67829 Views)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / How Do You Obtain A Covid19 Vaccination Certificate? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Haha I like your honesty. Which country?
enemyofprogress:
I got mine through marriage. I'm married to a woman hold enough to be my mother but I'm enjoying it. I'm now a confirmed citizen
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin
enemyofprogress:
I look you do and after looking at it, Canada no go fit you o, na India, Pakistan, China or Saudi Arabia go fit you
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Tats(m): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
There are several legal pathways for Nigerians to obtain permanent residency in Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,Australia and North America .Here are six ways to obtain legal stay:

-Work permit-Permanent residency
-Asylum
-Graduate student-permanent residency
-Marriage
-Landed immigrant
-Citizenship by Investment

I was able to get my permanent residency through the student route in Canada. I graduated and had to obtain 1 year of work experience before I was able to file for permanent residence.

Living illegally in any country can make your life a living hell and you will always be looking over your shoulders and subject to blackmail when you find jobs that pay under the table.

It is important to choose a country which makes obtaining a permanent residency easy for foreigners. And not make the mistake of spending millions of naira on countries that like to do chop and clean mouth with your tuition and other money you invested in the country, only to make it near impossible to obtain legal papers to stay there permanently. The two countries that are most friendly to immigration currently are Canada and Australia, unfortunately they are out of reach financially for most people intending to migrate and have stricter requirements..

Ancestry Route. You missed it out in your list.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
Fiestafetta:
What of someone that have Bsc Sociology, MSC Health social work. But want to practice professionally in either Canada or Europe, what is the chances of residency for such person and the success rate of such practice in the aforementioned nations. Thanks.
how old are you. So i can advise you about Canada

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
ednut1:
Most Nigerians don't care. Conference format and tourist visa things then find how to marry akata or white grin

You so dope ... That's the surest way
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by kunleham(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

USA,Canada,Italy,Japan,France,USA,Germany.
Italy is not part of the G7 but rather UK.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Chrislaws: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
>>USA,Canada,Italy,Japan,France,USA,Germany.

Na so you like the USA, you enter am twice smiley

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Dasshboard(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You get approved for permanent residence from Nigeria and when you get to the airport you be get your permanent residence papers and a few years later become a citizen.
They are certain requirements to become a landed immigrant in Canada,USA,Austrailia etc:
-English test requirement-IELTS,TOEFL
-Educational qualification.e.g Bachelor,Masters
-Fall under a certain Occupation e.g They are looking for people in certain occupations e.g Accounant,IT Analyst,Engineer etc
-Financial requirement e.g have a minimum amount in your bank account or asset valued at minimum threshold.

Your age should also be low. You will get higher point if you are less than 35years.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
i was born there,it pain me gan.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Born where and why e dey pain you?
dancok:
i was born there,it pain me gan.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by saintruky(m): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=88636465]
You qualify under NOC B and meet the employment requirement . I recommend you apply as a landed immigrant, instead of applying for a student visa.
Before you apply try and save at least N3.5M in your bank account, which is the minimum requirement. If you get your sponsor to transfer the money to you account they will know a big deposit was recently deposited and will likely be transferred back.

If you choose to go the student route, then you need to present documents that show your sponsor has the funds to take care of your tuition and living expenses. You will have a better chance if your sponsor is a relative]

@d bolded caught my attention...
What if I have a relative to sponsor me, but we bear different surname, won't that affect me getting approval?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by salford1: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Forget U.K. o. No matter how you try getting PR is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Brits are very selfish and conny. I have never heard or seen in person that studied in the U.K., and got PR eventually except they married a citizen or some sort.
Lol. There are lots I know of though.
Maybe 2 in every 10 people.
Infact the UK seems to be the only country in the world right now that makes it very easy for healthcare workers to practice. It's so easy that you can even get hired on from Naija.
So, i would say it highly depends on the Industry or career path you find yourself in.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Shattuck(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Evii:
Hello NairaLanders,

Just graduated from a polytechnic in Rivers State in Electrical/Electronics(Telecome option) with distinction (3.52 CGPA)...pls do any school in Canada or USA accept HND for Master's Should there be any replies I wouldn't know how to access it here as am kind of new. Pls kindly inbox any response to my mail. evii2cute@gmail.com or what's app 08033830084. Thanks a lot.
just click on "mention"at the top of the page it will take you to the replies,as regard your HND I think you can do a post graduate diploma degree in canada before going for your masters .

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

This is why we have such stringent visa requirements. They keep data on all these things.
what you would find is that the Indians pakistanis are worst than nigerians in that scam, the difference is nigerians makes it appear obvious. One Indian with a resident permit can bring into the country the whole of his 2 dozen families, keeps it quiet and the system would not even notice, but a nigerian would post just one of his/her activities on social media.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Cutestbussy09: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I have an issue on my express entry profile. I've been in the poll for a month now. I used my bsc certificate only then. Now I have my chartered institute of personnel management certificate evaluated. I want to add two or more certificates but it's not showing it at all. See the attachment to view what its showing.How do I go about it please.

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
ednut1:
Most Nigerians don't care. Conference format and tourist visa things then find how to marry akata or white grin
I think you would find Indians and pakistanis are notorious in that scam than nigerians only they keep quiet about it unlike nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Matter closed
salford1:

Lol. There are lots I know of though.
Maybe 2 in every 10 people.
Infact the UK seems to be the only country in the world right now that makes it very easy for healthcare workers to practice. It's so easy that you can even get hired on from Naija.
Soni would say it highly depends on the Industry or career path you find yourself in.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Evii:
Hello NairaLanders,

Just graduated from a polytechnic in Rivers State in Electrical/Electronics(Telecome option) with distinction (3.52 CGPA)...pls do any school in Canada or USA accept HND for Master's Should there be any replies I wouldn't know how to access it here as am kind of new. Pls kindly inbox any response to my mail. evii2cute@gmail.com or what's app 08033830084. Thanks a lot.

Write the GRE, do a WES conversion and apply to schools with other documents such as LORs, SOPs, transcripts etc. You need to conduct a comprehensive research as no one would spoonfeed you information which are accessible from the Internet.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by salford1: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Nothing is going to return to normal. How a country claim they’re friendly to immigrants but intend to increase IHS fee to £620 per year from October?
I don’t know how things were before 2012 so I can’t talk on that but getting PR in the U.K. is now harder than ever. They keep introducing new rules everyday.

U.K. only benefits those that are wealthy enough to pay off their fees so you can study well , and utilise opportunities offered to enhance your employability.
This is not peculiar to the UK alone. British Columbia, Canada has a similar system in place. $75 per month for international students.

In addition, International fees are high in almost all developed countries except you get a scholarship.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Gerrard59(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2020
blackslayer:
My own G7 country citizenship process:
F1 visa => OPT (2 years post college stay) => H1-B visa (Employment based sponsorship) => Green Card => Citizenship

I was born in Nigeria and my parents live in Nigeria. I don't consider myself a Nigerian at heart because i never fit in into their way of doing things and thinking right from a very young age. Reason i had the foresight to bounce from that shit hole at a young age of 18 and this was back in 2000. I knew Nigeria had no future

I can imagine how easy it was then compared to today. Then, I imagine how it will be by 2040. shocked grin

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Mummyimbecile(m): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Through family petition

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Fiestafetta: 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thanks so much. Actually she is my wife, we choose to use her degrees because she is much educated and than I. I only have Bsc psychology but not working in the field. I run a business. She is 32 years. Thanks for your assistance
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by thegloor: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

USA,Canada,Italy,Japan,France,USA,Germany.

USA TWICE?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2020
Please you don’t get me don’t worry
salford1:

This is not peculiar to the UK alone. British Columbia, Canada has a similar system in place. $75 per month for international students.

In addition, International fees are high in almost all developed countries except you get a scholarship.
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Born where and why e dey pain you?
Nigeria Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Fiestafetta: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kekereekun123:
how old are you. So i can advise you about Canada
Thanks so much. Actually she is my wife, we choose to use her degrees because she is much educated and than I. I only have Bsc psychology but not working in the field. I run a business. She is 32 years. Thanks for your assistance
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin Sorry o
dancok:
Nigeria Nigeria
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Cmeo(m): 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
It's good to find out how to receieve permanent residence of another country, but it's much more better we discuss how to stay back and develop our country for the benefit of all.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Raphchuks: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
There are several legal pathways for Nigerians to obtain permanent residency in Europe,Asia,Africa,South America,Australia and North America .Here are six ways to obtain legal stay:

-Work permit-Permanent residency
-Asylum
-Graduate student-permanent residency
-Marriage
-Landed immigrant
-Citizenship by Investment

I was able to get my permanent residency through the student route in Canada. I graduated and had to obtain 1 year of work experience before I was able to file for permanent residence.

Living illegally in any country can make your life a living hell and you will always be looking over your shoulders and subject to blackmail when you find jobs that pay under the table.

It is important to choose a country which makes obtaining a permanent residency easy for foreigners. And not make the mistake of spending millions of naira on countries that like to do chop and clean mouth with your tuition and other money you invested in the country, only to make it near impossible to obtain legal papers to stay there permanently. The two countries that are most friendly to immigration currently are Canada and Australia, unfortunately they are out of reach financially for most people intending to migrate and have stricter requirements..
Can l have a private chat with you pls?
Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Skymoore1004: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
My 2040 hopefully things will be better
Gerrard59:

I can imagine how easy it was then compared to today. Then, I imagine how it will be by 2040. shocked grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by Shakiratemma(f): 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Does anyone know the process of having someone invite you to their country (specifically the US)...?? Would like some information on this please.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? by salford1: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
RuudVanNisteroy what are the best ways for a software developer to japa from Africa? I know there's a ton of remote jobs but that will mean you to stay here. Is there anyway to get a job that takes you there.
Just target your applications to countries you desire. Your chances are most likely higher if you target the UK.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

See The ₦155m Lamborghini That Every Plane Must Follow At Italy's Airport / Just Collected My International Passport / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.