Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses (7889 Views)

Anambra To Host Bossladylaw Business Challenge For Secondary Schools / Mr Shape Mathematics Give Away Saturday August 15 By 9pm / Basic Mathematics Give Away by 8:00pm Monday 10th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
imustmakeit:
just one. A whole number
Smile not exactly true
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
imustmakeit:
just one. A whole number
The solutions are two or you leave it in the initial stage without putting numeral
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by imustmakeit(m): 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Smile not exactly true
Mad oo...
I mentioned you somewhere
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
imustmakeit:
Mad oo...
I mentioned you somewhere
I saw the mention.
But be patient let's wait for give away for that them I will bring solution

For this one they solution they gave is letter W part of it?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by sinkhole: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
michealewela:

Answers..
great, you must have employed an helper grin or could you show us a step by step solution?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 1:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
sinkhole:
great, you must have employed an helper grin or could you show us a step by step solution?
Was that what you got too?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by sinkhole: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Was that what you got too?
yea but I used MATLAB! cheesy
The Wo is called Lambertw function
That type of problem had been solved as far back as 1758, if you check wikipedia!
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 1:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
sinkhole:
yea but I used MATLAB! cheesy
The Wo is called Lambertw function

So you did expo.
I got same answer but I solved it raw from scratch.

But do maths lab show workings?.
I doubt
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by sinkhole: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

So you did expo.
I got same answer but I solved it raw from scratch.

But do maths lab show workings?.
I doubt
software will not show you workings, that is why I said I will love to see the line by line workings of the problem and there should be "no wuruwuru to the answer" at any step! All steps must be fully justified.
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
sinkhole:
software will not show you workings, that is why I said I will love to see the line by line workings of the problem and there should be "no wuruwuru to the answer" at any step! All steps must be fully justified.
Yes I have the line by line workings.
After the competition I will post it here

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by michealewela: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Goodevening everyone,
I am in a happy mood this evening and have decided to do a give away on my favorite section on Nairaland. Howbeit, I want people to exercise their brains a bit just to claim what I'm giving out as their rightful earnings.
I will be posting two mathematics problems here. One on geometry and the other on algebra. I will be giving out 5k each to the first five persons that send me the correct answer for any of the questions together with the workings. I will also be giving out additional 5k each to the first two persons who sends in the correct answers to both questions along with the workings.
Please read the ensuing instructions carefully as breaking anyone of them would lead to outright disqualification.
1. Do not post your solutions here. Send them to my email ,that is, geek.double07@gmail.com. Posting of solutions here will attract outright disqualification.

2. Once you send in your solution(s) and they are wrong(because I have solve these questions years ago and know the answers) , I will not respond to your email.

3. Once your solution(s) is/are right , I will respond to you to send in your account number, your valid ID and your nairaland moniker. However, I will only do this if you're among the first five people to send in the right solution for a question or among the first two people to send in the solutions for both questions.

3. Sending solutions twice with same email address attracts outright disqualification.

4. This challenge will only be open for exactly 24 hours from the time of posting in order to avoid cheating.

5. I will be contacting the winners to post their solutions here on Saturday morning after the challenge has ended.

Let the challenge begin!!!
Sent... Michealewela@gmail.com
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by sinkhole: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Yes I have the line by line workings.
After the competition I will post it here
That will be great. wink
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
I will screenshot the time their emails got in and post it here after crediting them. As for the solutions, I won't ask them to post it here for everyone to decide before I credit them as that won't be necessary. I know when a solution is right or wrong.
Mathscum:

Please sir
Before you credit anyone they should show the screenshot of their email and the time it was post with the solution so that everyone will agree that they were the first to get the answer and everyone should agree to the solution without finding reasonable errors in it
it will be more convincing to avoid argument and error due to human perspective.
Thank you
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
I will screenshot the time their emails got in and post it here after crediting them. As for the solutions, I won't ask them to post it here for everyone to decide before I credit them as that won't be necessary. I know when a solution is right or wrong.
OK sir
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by andycoal40(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Goodevening everyone,
I am in a happy mood this evening and have decided to do a give away on my favorite section on Nairaland. Howbeit, I want people to exercise their brains a bit just to claim what I'm giving out as their rightful earnings.
I will be posting two mathematics problems here. One on geometry and the other on algebra. I will be giving out 5k each to the first five persons that send me the correct answer for any of the questions together with the workings. I will also be giving out additional 5k each to the first two persons who sends in the correct answers to both questions along with the workings.
Please read the ensuing instructions carefully as breaking anyone of them would lead to outright disqualification.
1. Do not post your solutions here. Send them to my email ,that is, geek.double07@gmail.com. Posting of solutions here will attract outright disqualification.

2. Once you send in your solution(s) and they are wrong(because I have solve these questions years ago and know the answers) , I will not respond to your email.

3. Once your solution(s) is/are right , I will respond to you to send in your account number, your valid ID and your nairaland moniker. However, I will only do this if you're among the first five people to send in the right solution for a question or among the first two people to send in the solutions for both questions.

3. Sending solutions twice with same email address attracts outright disqualification.

4. This challenge will only be open for exactly 24 hours from the time of posting in order to avoid cheating.

5. I will be contacting the winners to post their solutions here on Saturday morning after the challenge has ended.

Dnt know anything about maths.. ���.. ask me anything about virus or bacteria; i will tell u
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Orestino(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
andycoal40:

Dnt know anything about maths.. ���.. ask me anything about virus or bacteria; i will tell u

Except Coronavirus!
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by andycoal40(m): 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2020
Orestino:

Except Coronavirus!

I do... experimenting some things here in kebbi.. we are getting a solution
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Orestino(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
andycoal40:

grin
andycoal40:

best of luck !
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by thedeedray: 2:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Abeg make person help me with this question

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 2:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
thedeedray:
Easy
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
thedeedray:
Is that x root or square Root?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
thedeedray:
Answer is 1 from inspection
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by yusman14(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
kolad59:
sent, confirm it o , check spam as well also o..
Boss...
My solution is about to drop ..
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by thedeedray: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Answer is 1 from inspection

Please can you help me with the workings
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by thedeedray: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Is that x root or square Root?
Which side of the equation
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
thedeedray:

Please can you help me with the workings
Later if I get a pen and book
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Fidelismaria: 3:06pm On Apr 17, 2020

Is this thread still valid?

are the winners complete?

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by michealewela: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Is this thread still valid?
are the winners complete?

Yes, still valid till 7pm this evening..
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by thedeedray: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Later if I get a pen and book

Sorry for disturbing you... The equation on the RHS is actually in bracket (x*root x) ^x
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by boldx(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
,6.59pm
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Goodevening everyone,

Sir it is time
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Goodevening everyone,

Please can you say the result now ?
The challenge is over

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

West Africa Examination Council Result Out (G.C.E)2007/2008 / Jamb Subject Combination For Science, Art And Management Courses / 18 Poems That Made Our Childhood Memorable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.