Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses (7883 Views)

Anambra To Host Bossladylaw Business Challenge For Secondary Schools / Mr Shape Mathematics Give Away Saturday August 15 By 9pm / Basic Mathematics Give Away by 8:00pm Monday 10th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Good evening everyone. The challenge ended officially by 7.02pm so all entries after that time will not be considered. Let me give hints on the answers to the questions. There are two approaches to question 1 that will give the right answer with accurate proofs/workings. The first is a graphical solution(which I haven't explored fully) and the second is the Newton-Raphson's method(this is how I solved it). By the way, question 1 has two correct answers. I don't think anyone got this question right. However, I will still reward persons with the closest solutions or that deployed the right approaches provided they fall into the first five correct answers.
Question 2 is a whole lot simpler in that it requires good knowledge of geometry and the pythagoras theorem. A lot of people got this right so I'll be choosing the first five.
You will notice I didn't mention what the answers are as I would want the winners to post their solutions here after I credit them.

Cheers!
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Good evening everyone. The challenge ended officially by 7.02pm so all entries after that time will not be considered. Let me give hints on the answers to the questions. There are two approaches to question 1 that will give the right answer with accurate proofs/workings. The first is a graphical solution(which I haven't explored fully) and the second is the Newton-Raphson's method(this is how I solved it). By the way, question 1 has two correct answers. I don't think anyone got this question right. However, I will still reward persons with the closest solutions or that deployed the right approaches provided they fall into the first five correct answers.
Question 2 is a whole lot simpler in that it requires good knowledge of geometry and the pythagoras theorem. A lot of people got this right so I'll be choosing the first five.
You will notice I didn't mention what the answers are as I would want the winners to post their solutions here after I credit them.

Cheers!
I got the two answers check I used Lambert W.

Or should I show I screenshort the first is 0. Something while the other is an whole number check the text that came with my solution
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by onecrate: 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:

Cheers!
waiting anxiously
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

Or should I show I screenshort the first is 0. Something while the other is an whole number check the text that came with my solution
How can x be 0?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Squillaci:

How can x be 0?
0.something
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:

Cheers!
Is like you didn't see my mail.
Check your span I did the workings on paper and send the final answer as texts

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
Only final answers are not acceptable
Mrshape:

Is like you didn't see my mail.
Check your span I did the workings on paper and send the final answer as texts
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lambert W functions can be applied too but it requires great care and you didnt apply it correctly. This even shows in he fact that you dont know your answers.
Mrshape:

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Lambert W functions can be applied too but it requires great care and you didnt apply it correctly.
Show me my error please
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by dejt4u(m): 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Lambert W functions can be applied too but it requires great care and you didnt apply it correctly. This even shows in he fact that you dont know your answers.
have you announced/contacted the winners??
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by dprpikin: 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Only final answers are not acceptable

Have you sent mails to successful ones?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
dejt4u:
If j miss this money e go pain me o.
Because I done already calculate how I want take spend am
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by dejt4u(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

grin grin grin
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Not yet. I'll lost it here.
dejt4u:

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:

How long would that take sir
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 8:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Please be fast because j am almost having high blood pressure here,
This suspense is not good for my health sir
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Calm down
Mrshape:

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by boldx(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Please you guys should leave the OP. If he changes his mind, you can't fault him. Its his money. Guys, please relax.
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Mrshape: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Calm down
OK
I have taken a deep breath, hope it sustains me long.
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by boldx(m): 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mrshape:

This guy, better go and check your blood pressure. Don't come and faint on nairaland.
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Opperwezen(m): 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
Mayor21:
Oya, leggo

Do we look like Senior school students here?
See elementary maths
Chai shocked
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:

Cheers!
I used Lambert W for mine and it is very correct.
I can even decide not to put the two values because the Wn were n is an element of Z is their.

I am very sure of my answers sir
Both the geometry and algebra
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
What's your email address?
Mathscum:

I used Lambert W for mine and it is very correct.
I can even decide not to put the two values because the Wn were n is an element of Z is their.

I am very sure of my answers sir
Both the geometry and algebra
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by PERSONALGUY1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
So sure of my answer....i clearly show my calculations...
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Quietly(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
Sufferness,all this stress for 5k

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
What's your email address?
Mathsidodo@gmail.com Sir
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Quietly(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
This guy bad no be small, no winner solve this one join, make sure u send to his email

Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Looked through and didn't see such an email. Can you re-forward the message you sent earlier?
Mathscum:

Mathsidodo@gmail.com Sir
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
I have contacted all 5 winners(Plus one winner I chose for myself for making a beautiful attempt to answer the first question). I am waiting for them to send their details to be credited after which I'll make another post with their monikers and screenshot of the timestamps showing wen they sent in their answers(for credibility purposes). After that, I'll ask them to post their solutions here for people to see.
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
smeag0l:
Looked through and didn't see such an email. Can you re-forward the message you sent earlier?
Let me send it again?
Re: Mathematics Give Away Challenge For Geniuses by smeag0l(m): 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
No. Forward what you sent earlier using that email you put here.
Mathscum:

Let me send it again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why We Introduced Chinese Language In Lagos Schools - Fashola / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology , Su Denounces Hike In Fees / WAEC Faces Lawsuit Over Seizure Of Students Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.