Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret (124644 Views)

Bride Lifts Groom Up After Kissing Him At Their Wedding Reception (Photo) / Groom Plays Video Of Bride Cheating With Another Man At Their Wedding Dinner / Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom At The Altar In Port Harcourt. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Islie: 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
A Lagos would-be-bride, Yetunde Alaka, has described the lockdown imposed by President Muhammadu Buhari as a blessing in disguise.

Miss Alaka had her wedding scheduled for 5 April, but it was put off because of the coronavirus lockdown.

The postponement let her into a secret: her would-be-husband was already married to another woman.

”I had to stay with my in-laws to-be because of the lockdown and was surprised to hear them discussing about his first wife that I never knew existed.

”They still don’t know that I know. I just came up with some excuses to go and stay with a family friend residing near them.

”When some things happen, they appear to steal your joy, but they are truly a blessing in disguise.

”I am heart-broken, but I believe that the wedding didn’t happen as planned for a good reason,” Yetunde Alaka said.

Some other brides are, however, not to so happy with Buhari, especially over the extension of the lockdown in Lagos.

The president ordered the first lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and Abuja for an initial 14 days, beginning from 30 March.

Then on 13 April the president extended it for another 14 days, effective from 14 April.

The affected ladies told NAN that they were confused and frustrated by the lockdown extension as they had to cancel or further postpone their wedding ceremonies.

Miss Abimbola Ajisafe, a childcare giver, told NAN that she postponed her wedding ceremony when the initial lockdown was imposed on March 30.

”I tried to be hopeful that it would be lifted after 14 days, but it did not happen that way.

” Having your money tied down indefinitely on wedding plans is no joke,” she said.

Ajisafe, however, noted that safety was paramount, as the lockdown was for the safety of Nigerians.

“As sad as it may be, safety comes first,” she said.

A lawyer, Miss Sandra Omeche, told NAN that she stopped making further wedding plans when she suspected that the lockdown would be extended.

” My wedding date was fixed for May 2; so I had been calling my vendors to make sure that they still had certain things in place, but the lockdown extension would hinder certain things.

” Just yesterday, my parents decided to postpone the wedding ceremony indefinitely,” Omeche said.

Another bride to-be, Miss Simisola Tometi, told NAN that her wedding was slated for April 18, but the lockdown distorted the plan and left her confused.

”I must say that this year has been pretty hard on me and my fiance because it was with great difficulty that we got both families to agree to our union.

”Just when we thought everything was moving smoothly, the lockdown started.

”I still can’t find words to express how I feel, but I pray that God help me through this trying time. I am really sad,” Tometi said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/15/lagos-bride-yetunde-alaka-thanks-buhari-lockdown-unlocks-grooms-secret/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by donbachi(m): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
When it comes to "under the skirt" some men can do anything..i fear men

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
the lockdown should not affect your wedding unless you want unnecessary showoff.

474 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Ningen(m): 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2020
Evening newspaper with a choice.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by goldenboyofpsy(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2020
Wonderful.. you mean he's a married man and you never knew or had slightest idea...

It's strange the news that we hear these days. Hank God for you sha.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Kobicove(m): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
Lostz:
the lockdown should not affect your wedding unless you want unnecessary showoff.

Exactly, the wedding can still take place without a large crowd

207 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by espn(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
Congrats...Good for you and bad for some people..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
Kobicove:

Exactly, the wedding can still take place without a large crowd

it will even save fund you can use for other stuff.

there will be no pressure to spend big.... you just use the Coronavirus as excuse

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Belafonte(m): 8:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
How do people even conceive of making such things secret? How possible is it that something as public as a wife will not be made public sometime in the future.

People are fucking scary, mahn. Damn.

153 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by LedRock: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2020
An African man can marry plenty wives, she can go Fvck herself off. If she doesn't want to get married again another girl would gladly take her place.

Mtchewww.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by HopeforTony: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by HeadNigga: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Thank God for u. D man ought to tell u he has a wife already.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Pray4Tony: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Mopolchi: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Thank you bubu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by lordkrys(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by GeneralPula: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
sad
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2020
MZrapper2 & starbuck, this is best time we can fix our wedding ooo

I wana make following records;
- The only man to get married to two ladies amidst a world pandemic disease

- Only man to get married to two different tribes (igbo) and yoruba during lockdown on the same day

- Only traditional herbalist to marry two different religions (xtian n Muslim) during lockdown on d same day

gringringrin

Food for our guest

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by PureGoldh(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Speechless...The bride should find out if the man and the supposed first wife were legally married.If No,then she should have a rethink or better still have things work out her own way...I wish her the Best of luck

Just incase you need Raw Original Honey... kindly contact 0 8101 6667 71 let's talk about it..No hug or handshake this period..Stay safe my people

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by jericco1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
A blessing in disguise if you asked me. Thank the Covid 19 not the lifeless one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by eleko1: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
sad
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by MrHighSea: 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
No comment until we hear frm the man.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by qualityovenbake(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by PediakAuthor: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Kasala Don burst
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by todaynewsreview: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Thank God for you too but ensure it's not a make up story to discard you. Better you ask the groom involve to ascertain the truth or better still carry out more investigation too.

For your BEDC Prepaid token, DSTV, GOTV and Startimes see my signature. 24/7 service available

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
LedRock:
An African man can marry plenty wives, she can go Fvck herself off. If she doesn't want to get married again another girl would gladly take her place.

Mtchewww.

I have known women who married polygamists...in those cases, the man told them from the word go that he had other wife/wives, and the woman knew what she was getting into., and went in with her full consent.

This man, on the other hand, lied to his wife that he was single, that there was no other wife, and the woman was going to marry him based on that assumption.

If the man is already lying like that before marriage, he will lie after marriage.If he can lie about things like that, he will lie about other things. And an untrustworthy spouse is a spouse that cannot be trusted.

People don't like being lied to

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by softset: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pmexpress again , they are unable to sell their papers, so they resort to "juicy and fictitious" stories.

How did she figure it out in the lockdown.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Roon9(m): 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
All these ogogoro tales by pm news ehn

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Bestbeelieve: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
hmmm weemen!
Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by Olarewaju89: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2020
So we should fry beans or what? undecidedpls next news

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Bride Yetunde Alaka Thanks Buhari, Lockdown Unlocks Groom’s Secret by HeavenlyHolines(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2020
[center][/center]HOW NIGERIANS UNDERDEVELOPED NIGERIA
I use to say that Nigeria's problem is not food. Imagine some States r sharing bread, indomie, spaghetti and other perishable things that wouldn't last for a day. Have they ever thought that the end product of food is faeces? The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians. Even if the government gives #100m,greed wouldn't allow people to be satisfy. Here in KZ, they have same problems with Nigeria n There r many countries that have same issues with us but their government is not using food as palliatives and the people have never disturb the peace of others. Even to hear car horn is a problem and they value human lives a lot up to the extent of crossing the road. The corona issue has opened so many things that our leaders to have us at heart and they don't know our feelings. I just pray that after this corona stuff,we will have a good system and the right people to handle it. Please front page

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Girl Claims She Has The Tiniest Waist And Biggest Booty In Lagos (see Photo / Lady Who Posted Her Topless Picture On Facebook, Blasted By Online Users / Man Caught Having Sex With Married Woman In An Uncompleted Building. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.