Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Marriage Palava part 3 - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Palava part 3 (7430 Views)

Dna Test Palava Part 2 (update) / Marriage Palava part 4 / Marriage Palava part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by crackkhaus: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
sassysure:
This weight of a thing can be corrected by eating small portions.
Our normal one plate of food is what can feed a whole family.
U eat to live and not eat to live. Ponder on this.
As we age, our metabolic rate reduces.
We don't go to school anymore( this can burn calories extremely fast) and we are no longer growing( another thing that burn calories extremely fast), guys don't play football anymore, babes don't eat 10naira biscuit and off to class. Money come our way and we feel the best way to enjoy our money is eating loads of calories.

We go to work and sit all day in the office get back tired and load food into the stomach. We all are guilty of this.
Let's not solely blame the poster.
If u start adding weight, your body tend to easily get tired to do basic stuffs, cos what u eat is mainly carbs and sugar, your body keep asking for more when the glucose you consume depletes fast. Foods like our normal,rice and yam or sweet potatoes are foods that can make u gain weight so easily while making you hungry the next 3 or four hours after eating them.

We don't combine food very well. The bad food are the cheapest.

I watched one food vlog and saw a family of six eating one packed of cooked spagetti.
Let me say 5 cos I didn't see the father. I had to go back to that vlog several times. Go to food section and see what a person consume per meal.
And it's more than that outside nairaland perfect food camera show.

I've always wondered why you stopped posting food but didn't see the need to ask. Guess I know why now, or maybe this is just part of the why grin
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Richy4:
Where u a couch patato before marriage or was that a habit that u picked up recently?... if that was a new habit please drop it..

Bad breath.. That can put any reasonable individual off at any time. It's like a switch no matter how nice u are to your spouse...it doesn't work.. Try and brush your teeth after the late night snacks.

[s]As for snoring, I don't think Nigeria hospital has the capacity to cure that or give guidance..it takes lot of therapy to contain[/s]... .

please Do not forsake or abandon yourself because u were married. It is not a crime to still look exactly the way she found u or even better.

I was trying my very best to find a valid reasons why she shouldn't do what she was doing . But I couldn't find any. Other than for better or worse. But she has been sticking to that at least u testified to it...so look into her concerns / grievances and do something about it.

Some guys assuming reverse was the case, they would have started dating their coworkers, their secretaries, ladies across the street etc. Especially those that can't put up with dirty habits

First things first
Weight loss is the number one thing that can ease his snoring

@ OP...Dear poster, only you can take control of your life. You must find other healthier ways to relieve stress. Since it may be hard to do the perfect thing which is run/jog for at least half an hour every morning? Buy a threadmill or elliptical cycle for your home. Get acquainted with it anytime you are home. In about a month or two you might have a new (excellent) addiction staring at you. You can watch some TV while working out too.

Snack on nuts and apples/garden eggs instead of whatever you usually eat at night. Some prefer cucumbers and nuts. Go easy on the nuts but wild with the fruits/vegs. Apple/garden eggs and cucumbers all help with breath. You might need to see a dentist and a doctor to rule out underlying causes of bad breath for example kidney disease. This could start with the simple blood pressure check. I wager this would be up from your normal- associated with your sedentary living and snacking. Brush your teeth (clean tongue too) morning and night. Buy Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoonfuls to about a quarter of a glass of water) and drink this morning and night for four days to one week every month. Don’t continue with it if it burns your stomach or chest.

I know people who would leave you for having bad breath. Not something they can help- an aversion to MO/BO. The good thing is you recognise that your wife is not hating on you for nothing.
Starting exercise, snacking on vegs/fruits will make you lose weight, breathe better at night (reduce or even eliminate snoring) and motivate you to even do more (positive feedback mechanism)

Key- exercise the way you make money
Do this for yourself...you would feel good about and proud of yourself. And like yourself better. You wife will start admiring and wanting you again. Even the real effort you make towards this will strike a caring chord in her. Start today.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

I've always wondered why you stopped posting food but didn't see the need to ask. Guess I know why now, or maybe this is just part of the why grin
Crackkhaus, leave me alone tongue cheesy

No reason in particular.
I love the place though it can be annoying most times but it's understandable as it has always been like that for yrs cheesy. All sections of nairaland are extremely annoying but we still visit them though cheesy
Have loads of things I experimented with to share. Will do that when I start posting again.
U don't like to cook?
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by crackkhaus: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
sassysure:

Crackkhaus, leave me alone tongue cheesy

No reason in particular.
I love the place though it can be annoying most times but it's understandable as it has always been like that for yrs cheesy. All sections of nairaland are extremely annoying but we still visit them though cheesy
Have loads of things I experimented with to share. Will do that when I start posting again.
U don't like to cook?

I'm a great cook actually.

But I don't understand the logic behind taking pictures of food I want to eat, then posting it on the internet for strangers.
I find it super weird cheesy

Like, I have a chef/baker friend on my WhatsApp whose updates are always on food/confectioneries... Now this I can understand, na her business she dey promote.

No judgement though, everyone get wetin dey worry dem...grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Mariangeles(f): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Richy4:
Where u a couch patato before marriage or was that a habit that u picked up recently?... if that was a new habit please drop it..

Bad breath.. That can put any reasonable individual off at any time. It's like a switch no matter how nice u are to your spouse...it doesn't work.. Try and brush your teeth after the late night snacks.

As for snoring, I don't think Nigeria hospital has the capacity to cure that or give guidance..it takes lot of therapy to contain... .

please Do not forsake or abandon yourself because u were married. It is not a crime to still look exactly the way she found u or even better.

I was trying my very best to find a valid reasons why she shouldn't do what she was doing . But I couldn't find any. Other than for better or worse. But she has been sticking to that at least u testified to it...so look into her concerns / grievances and do something about it.

Some guys assuming reverse was the case, they would have started dating their coworkers, their secretaries, ladies across the street etc. Especially those that can't put up with dirty habits

The solution to that is very simple: Eliminate late-night eating and midnight snacking.

Eating your last food for the day early will afford your body all the time it needs to totally digest it, thereafter, the body feels very light and ready for a good night's rest.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Richy4(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
merahki:

First things first

@ OP...Dear poster, only you can take control of your life. You must find other healthier ways to relieve stress. Since it may be hard to do the perfect thing which is run/jog for at least half an hour every morning? Buy a threadmill or elliptical cycle for your home. Get acquainted with it anytime you are home. In about a month or two you might have a new (excellent) addiction staring at you. You can watch some TV while working out too.

Snack on nuts and apples/garden eggs instead of whatever you usually eat at night. Some prefer cucumbers and nuts. Go easy on the nuts but wild with the fruits/vegs. Apple/garden eggs and cucumbers all help with breath. You might need to see a dentist and a doctor to rule out underlying causes of bad breath for example kidney disease. This could start with the simple blood pressure check. I wager this would be up from your normal- associated with your sedentary living and snacking. Brush your teeth (clean tongue too) morning and night. Buy Bragg’s organic apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoonfuls to about a quarter of a glass of water) and drink this morning and night for four days to one week every month. Don’t continue with it if it burns your stomach or chest.

I know people who would leave you for having bad breath. Not something they can help- an aversion to MO/BO. The good thing is you recognise that your wife is not hating on you for nothing.
Starting exercise, snacking on vegs/fruits will make you lose weight, breathe better at night (reduce or even eliminate snoring) and motivate you to even do more (positive feedback mechanism)

Do this for yourself...you would feel good about and proud of yourself. And like yourself better. You wife will start admiring and wanting you again. Even the real effort you make towards this will strike a caring chord in her. Start today.
Cheers

Ohh!!!! So u are an oral hygienist as well as an Otolaryngologists... Sorry Bro I did not know u were here.... OP!!! Oya meet the qualified Nairaland physician..
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Kingarthur21: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
bluebay:
You too Fat, you eat too much, you snore and you’ve got mouth Odor (Smelling Mouth) only you o. Chai. Better change
all in the name of advice you have to go rogue?
If someone said this to a female or poco to mods will not hesitate to ban...
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Kingarthur21: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:
^^^

See article... grin

The qwin of side-attacks dey cry about side-attacks cheesy
This is the same person that every time we communicated here, it was her coming at me first without provocation, and she's here preaching to the choir.

Always rewriting history like a rétarded revisionist.

Wetin concern me sef with local champions?
becareful,she will get her mods to ban you

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Mariangeles(f): 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
deleSayo:

im not blaming her. rather i support her a lot. we live in a 4 bed detached home with a lot of daily chores yet she refuses to take a maid. i always help her out with chores/ cooking what more does she want.

A NEAT HUSBAND!!! OMG!
You still don't get it, do you?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Mariangeles(f): 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
deleSayo:

ive always been a movie geek & football fan from childhood and it's unfair to ask me to change because of marriage. what other time do i have for my hobbies if not after work?
It is obvious you're not ready to change.
You know the worst part? You might even cheat and she'll know and not even care cheesy

All that'll be going through her mind will be "she's definitely a swine to tolerate him" grin
Smh!
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Kingarthur21: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Op you need to work on yourself. Hit the gym, cure the halitosis (bad breath) and they are devices for snoring..

Some of you rendering rude advice,let me ask a simple question,
if a man refuses his wife sex because she became over weight ,had stretch matchs and her belly protruded how will you react to the thread?will you use the same undertone some of you are using to advice her?

A guy once reacted to his gf smelling vagina and the internet cried foul and rained abuses on him. At least they are subtle ways to correct someone. If my spouse mouth stinks,I will inculcate a three of four times a dating brushing habit for the entire family so she doesn't feel bad. I will tell her to hit the gym for her health and talk of heart diseases,type 2 diabetes etc and not necessarily call her fat,I will purchase a snoring device for her..

I pity the unfortunate person who will end up with some ballistic men and women here
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Kingarthur21: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
merahki:

First things first

Cheers
thank you jare,you are a woman/man of virtue...at op,this is whose post you should focus on

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by nickvanilla(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
Acidosis:

Well, we are online -- a platform where everyone claims to have a great shock absorber even though out there, we know how many of you react when told you're fat, ugly, or a bad cook.

Yes, you have a very good point. Truth hurts, truth is bitter. But it could be a game changer. Saying someone's ugly doesn't make sense since no one created himself/herself. But most people get fat when they eat anyhow and refuse to exercise.

In that situation, you need someone to tell you what's up so you can take the right steps to go back into shape.

Same thing goes if you're a bad cook. Get help! Cooking is a science as much as it's an art. Get a cookery book, practice, learn from your mistakes and be better.

You owe yourself the duty to become the best version of yourself or at least try!

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by SweetCunt97(f): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
You Balloon out of shape and expect her to still b sexually attracted to you? Your Weight probably crushes her and a bad breath is a no no... Very irritating something.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Mariangeles(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

But I don't understand the logic behind taking pictures of food I want to eat, then posting it on the internet for strangers.
I find it super weird
cheesy

Like, I have a chef/baker friend on my WhatsApp whose updates are always on food/confectioneries... Now this I can understand, na her business she dey promote.

Errrrrrrrmmmm...to sell yourself and promote your skill?
In case you don't know? There's no business like food business.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by crackkhaus: 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kingarthur21:
becareful,she will get her mods to ban you
Who dem epp? grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by bluebay(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kingarthur21:
all in the name of advice you have to go rogue?
If someone said this to a female or poco to mods will not hesitate to ban...

Sorry about that but there's need to be harsh on him so a to make him change soonest because he's not only hurting himself, but his wife too. The question now is how long can she hold up?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Stewart883(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hathor5:

You come home at 6/7 am and watch TV till 3 pm? For at least 7 hours? Are you not tired from your "very stressful IT job"? There is nothing else you can think of to do after work?

You won't blame him. I think he has "High Blood Pressure" .. This also happened to my dad many years ago,my dad hardly slept at night most time at 3 am he sits outside smoking cigarettes (sometimes 2 packets) before he goes back in by 4:30am then goes to work by 7am.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by benjida: 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Man, how did you get that beautiful woman to accept marrying you in the first place?
I just pity the poor woman.
You are so gross, dirty, ugly,......go away, man.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Titi03(f): 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kingarthur21:
Op you need to work on yourself. Hit the gym, cure the halitosis (bad breath) and they are devices for snoring..

Some of you rendering rude advice,let me ask a simple question,

if a man refuses his wife sex because she became over weight ,had stretch matchs and her belly protruded how will you react to the thread?will you use the same undertone some of you are using to advice her?

A guy once reacted to his gf smelling vagina and the internet cried foul and rained abuses on him. At least they are subtle ways to correct someone. If my spouse mouth stinks,I will inculcate a three of four times a dating brushing habit for the entire family so she doesn't feel bad. I will tell her to hit the gym for her health and talk of heart diseases,type 2 diabetes etc and not necessarily call her fat,I will purchase a snoring device for her..

I pity the unfortunate person who will end up with some ballistic men and women here

Lmao. Are you serious? Can't stop giggling haha.
That's Nairaland for you.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by adelegan1: 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Get a sidechick and stop disturbing yourself.

Your wife will not change no matter what you do.

Once you don't find people attractive again there nothing you do to change that.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by AFONAMARO: 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
deleSayo:
Our marriage has always had issues from the beginning (as you can see in my previous threads) but we passed it off as normal marital issues which we eventually resolved (or so i thought).

Just when i thought things had began to improve between us, i noticed my wife is no longer interested in sex with me and counting now, it's been 6 months since we had anything to do with each other intimately. I tried to joke around about it just to find out her reasons and she joked back with me saying that for the past 6 years she's known me, i haven't changed from these habits:

1. spending all night in front if the tv, sometimes till 3am in the morning and when i eventually come to bed, i snore so bad and this made her go buy earplugs to help her cope with it. when she said this, i felt so offended that i began to sleep in the guest room and she never apologised or begged me to come back to our matrimonial bed (for 3 weeks now)
2. she always complains that i eat too much and my weight has skyrocketed within the past couple of years. and that my late nights in front of tv means im snacking throughout the night . yes this is true to be fair but the truth is that ive ballooned so much in size that i now lack motivation to do anything about it .
3. she has also complained about my breath to the point that she purchased tongue brush for me which i refuse to use as i find it quite rude that she would say such to me.

The only time we spend together as a couple is when she comes to join me in front of the tv after work. Then by 9pm she's off to bathe our son and put him to bed, from there she's goes to sleep, leaving me alone to watch tv into late hours of the night/morning.

I know for a fact that my wife isnt cheating and apart from sex we have a good friendship. but my problem with her is that her overt and covert behaviour towards sex shows someone who is irritated by me and that makes me feel quite offended.

Why are you chasing shadows when the real image is before you?

You are aware that your breath stinks, and instead of accepting help that's already been extended to you, you're here forming Alpha Male.

Landlord, it's called Love Making and not wrestling nor boxing. Shed that weight as it ain't sexy nor healthy.

Practice proper oral hygiene and engage in exercise to be better and get your wife back into the game.

Love Making isn't meant to be managed, but to be enjoyed.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by AFONAMARO: 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
deleSayo:

i work a very stressful IT job (which allows me provide the high standard of living my wife has always been used to from birth). so, when i come home by 6/7pm, i enjoy relaxing with my favourite TV shows and movies. whats the crime in that?
don't i deserve time for my own hobbies?

Oga, just brush your mouth well and engage in exercises
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by LilMissFavvy(f): 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hardly would a woman give birth without her body having changes. Any man who knows he hates stretch marks, protruding belly and weight gain, can remain childless if he is immature to appreciate his wife's physical appearance after childbirth. Such immature men also have an option of paying for her to undergo cosmetics surgery, as is common in developed countries.
Kingarthur21:

4 Likes

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by bukatyne(f): 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lol, good one Buka cool

Meanwhile, someone is baiting you with her alternate, yes that same person. grin

Thanks.

I wish I knew the person.

I don't have any nonentity's time today.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by bukatyne(f): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ishilove:

Good points raised

OP is not serious.

Or he is a troll

However, his previous topics years back points to issues with his wife.

Eda wa!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by bukatyne(f): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Acidosis:

Sis, do you know a statement like "you're m.a.d" can cause two sets of reactions: provocation and laughter?

That's my point.

I don't think the wife has said anything out of the ordinary.

And I always prefer actual feedbacks than innuendos.

I don't have the time or tolerance to read minds.

If you can't say what you want, move on.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

I find it super weird cheesy

It helps people in many ways like learning how to cook some particular dishes.
It has helped me too especially as a Nigerian who migrated new and don't know any alternative to our ingredients out there.

I wouldn't even go there if it isn't. Once u overlook the extra, u will find that place wonderful. It has helped lots of guys learn how to cook.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Kingarthur21: 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Hardly would a woman give birth without her body having changes. Any man who knows he hates stretch marks, protruding belly and weight gain, can remain childless if he is immature to appreciate his wife's physical appearance after childbirth. Such immature men also have an option of paying for her to undergo cosmetics surgery, as is common in developed countries.
please spare me that...he should pay for her for surgery but the op wife should not make the effort to put him in shape? I was not talking of childbirth,I was talking of normal weight women put on.

I have seen ladies with sagging boobs,protruded belly,stretch mark and bloated like land whales without kids or way longer after she has had kids(5 to ten years after childbearing). My fiancee who is mother to my son has a flat belly,no stretch mark,no sagging boobs,I know lots of women who work out after childbirth and retain their shape.

If the op wife can't cook diet meals for him (low calories),help him with a snoring machine or remind him to brush then no man should pay for a wife surgery if he finds her unattractive (not talking about childbirth).

I knew you usual pro-woman and anti-man stance made you quote just a portion of my post.
Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
Is the OP willing to work on himself? You can't help someone by force. Besides if you read my message properly, you would have seen where I said a husband who is immature to accept his wife's body changes also has the '''option'' to opt for cosmetic surgery, meaning it's not compulsory, of cuz it can only workout if the wife is serious about it, unlike the unserious OP.

You were not talking about normal weight women put on, in your message you were referring to a married woman, we all know most married women are mothers, you stated specifically that ''if a man refuses his wife sex because she added weight.......'', it sounded inhumane that's the only reason I quoted it.

As for your baby mama, people's bodies are different.
Kingarthur21:
please spare me that...he should pay for her for surgery but the op wife should not make the effort to put him in shape? I was not talking of childbirth,I was talking of normal weight women put on.

I have seen ladies with sagging boobs,protruded belly,stretch mark and bloated like land whales without kids or way longer after she has had kids(5 to ten years after childbearing). My fiancee who is mother to my son has a flat belly,no stretch mark,no sagging boobs,I know lots of women who work out after childbirth and retain their shape.

If the op wife can't cook diet meals for him (low calories),help him with a snoring machine or remind him to brush then no man should pay for a wife surgery if he finds her unattractive (not talking about childbirth).

I knew you usual pro-woman and anti-man stance made you quote just a portion of my post.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by eyinjuege: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
deleSayo:

ive always been a movie geek & football fan from childhood and it's unfair to ask me to change because of marriage. what other time do i have for my hobbies if not after work?

You sound very unhealthy
You eat unhealthy
You're overweight or obese, which is also unhealthy
Obesity and a poor diet are risk factors for many diseases in men , especially diabetes, hypertension, heart attacks, cancers etc.
Even your halitosis may be linked to heart disease.
You should do away with your "hobbies" and get healthier ones like going to the gym, swimming, tennis. You meet new people there too, who can offer support for a healthier living .
All these your obesity and unhealthy lifestyle increases your chances of erectile dysfunction too.
You shouldn't change your sedentary lifestyle because of marriage, but rather change it for yourself so you can live longer and be there for your children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Palava part 3 by Kingarthur21: 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Is the OP willing to work on himself? You can't help someone by force. Besides if you read my message properly, you would have seen where I said a husband who is immature to accept his wife's body changes also has the '''option'' to opt for cosmetic surgery, meaning it's not compulsory, of cuz it can only workout if the wife is serious about it, unlike the unserious OP.

You were not talking about normal weight women put on, in your message you were referring to a married woman, we all know most married women are mothers, you stated specifically that ''if a man refuses his wife sex because she added weight.......'', it sounded inhumane that's the only reason I quoted it.

As for your baby mama, people's bodies are different.
it sounds inhumane to refuse sex because you aren't turned on by a fat woman body?lol.

You are getting it wrong,I specifically said that some moms put on weight not because of childbirth. A lot of ladies get back in shape after their kids,then when the man starts pumping money she starts eating anyhow and bloats..

I don't know if the man is willing to help himself, if he isn't that is bad . Are bloated ladies willing to help themselves?how many married women do you see in the gym?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married And Blackmailed By Lover: / Was The Woman Wrong Or Is The Man Being Overly Insensitive / Living With Her Sister And Her Sister's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.