Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (98993 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Cristlaw(m): 9:47am On Apr 21, 2020
God bless you Bro
I love this, very encouraging grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:48am On Apr 21, 2020
missimelda01:

Is sex the only thing your mom offered your dad? Please I'm not having this conversation with you, the person I asked the question has answered.
No manners, as expected. Tueh! undecided
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by tomzyELNINO: 9:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Haven read your story, I can only say you should check yourself, THE GIRL HAS USED JAZZ ON YOU. Try to see a Pastor for deliverance.

Because I don't understand why you just give her money everytime she asks, or probably you come from a very rich home which makes it possible for you to afford all you are giving her.

Lastly, I will sincerely Advice you that EVEN IF SHE WANTS YOU BACK, NEVER EVER ACCEPT her again. My brother, I know what am saying. NEVER EVER accept her again. It's very easy to predict her character in the future. It's gonna be a world of FRUSTRATION and REGRET if you end up marrying her.

Move on. Forget the girl. And don't use money to build a relationship or impress any girl you want to marry. DONT!!!.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Everywhere Anambra, Anambra!! Like sey we hold Una destiny.
You guys should just shut it abeg!!
Always failing to see your own shortcomings.
No be IMO state again, where their women and men alike are known opportunists. Just talk sey you come from Anambra and you go like marry their daughter, na bills them go you use choke you and your unborn generation, the matter never still end o, she go pack all her relatives come dump for your house, you'll be the one to shelter and cater for them, all because they think you're wealthy.Everybody dey claim saint but na their own worse!

Stereotypes are just what they are, either you accept it or learn to navigate around it. Cut your losses and move on.

Me I no discriminate anybody o, I get men from all eastern state except for ebonyi, cos I haven't met anyone in person.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by meh1(m): 9:51am On Apr 21, 2020
if this was to be a man doing the evil...then men are scum!!! women are trash bags and also the trash inside... let's keep up the energy
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Teerach: 9:53am On Apr 21, 2020
Op seem to be flowing with the insults and all. Shows he's a good guy. I feel for you. But thank God you have life. A lady around my area drank sniper on Saturday because of man. It is well with you.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by YeribanzavsAfon: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:

Forget your excuses, anambra people are synonymous with discriminating against other ibos.

Shut up your mouth, i suspect you are not even Igbo as you claim, imagine calling it ibos like yoruba.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by YeribanzavsAfon: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:

Thank you. But don't expect that guy to believe you. When I stated that they don't like marrying we Imolites he said I'm from Abia. What do I know sef? grin

Hehehehehheheheheheheh.., Afonja pig you have been spotted. We Imolites indeed. You are not as intelligent as you thought.. grin grin grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by elijahozzy(m): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Bros more on don’t marry that useless girl, imagine she following her moms advise in a new age generation, you don’t her to raise your kids with kinda of local mentality. She’s lame her mom is lamer, bros Nigeria lady no fit you, you are a giver, go and study aboard, your other half is waiting for you but you see this one when you spend money on top na mumu and she’s just a user.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by YeribanzavsAfon: 10:02am On Apr 21, 2020
Favourite001:

I wanted to reply d guy ,but deres no need, d guy is really a MESS as his name implies.
He really lack manners and his level of relating with ppl without a dispute is low. he must b a temperamental being.
I know how to handle dose set of ppl.
JUST IGNORE

Shut up you fools, what is your business with Igbo marriage?..Why are you making it your headache this Favourite001??
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by elijahozzy(m): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2020
No let her back into your life ooo, let her marry her mom, she never see anything, you travel out she will be the first to call you, accept her Bleep her rough and make sure she’s your side, while you aim for your life partner
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by divineappo(m): 10:06am On Apr 21, 2020
Maobichek:
. Dear, I must encourage you to be strong, time heals wounds like this. I made this mistake despite friends warning me that it's not good to use money as a bargain for love, I even attempted commiting suicide but God saved me. Go close to God cos He alone understand clearly how and where it pains you most. The food you like or any other thing you enjoy doing, do it. I'm now with a beautiful damsel who does not give me pressure and even if I didn't give her money, she still loves me, God will help you, Time heals this kind of wound ok.
this is the best comment and advise I av seen on Nairaland this year.

I will screenshot this. I won't talk further

I learnt a big lesson today

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by oluwabolafunmi(m): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2020
Bro move on
There are better ladies out there and if you don't move on good ladies will pass you by while you are still trying to hold on to her
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by divineappo(m): 10:12am On Apr 21, 2020
Nat404:
Very true. One thing about female medical students is that you need to always keep them on their toes. But unfortunately, the OP didn't do that.
exactly my brother

The truth is, we have more girl breaking the hearts of innocent guys, only that, we guys don't often come to social media to shed tears, we accept our fate and move on. Also considering the fact that the global population of women is triple of men

There are more wicked, heartless, and loveless girls out there. most of them are all after the money. That's why I don't pity many of them who are still single @ 32
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Austineva(m): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Spaceclenzy1:
Is one of those things.. She might still come back.. Women are jst like dat.. Dnt beat urself up too much.. Loving can never be a crime no matter the outcome.. U did all that because u love her.. She jst feel lik confirming hw it will be outside.. When she test other guys she will come back.. Don't beat urself up at all
I so much like this comment.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by missimelda01(f): 10:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Theicecode:
Birds of the same feathers, get outta here.

Birds of a feather. You're welcome
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Archie30:
He's done all the spending in good faith. You win some you lose some. He loved and still loves this girl. Look my dad is from Anambra State. He met my mum completely broke ...guess what? while at the MED school too. My mum supported my dad through his medical school. My mum isnt Nigerian for a starter and they both went through a lot and all the carry on from Anambra why my dad should stick to his own. Luckily they've been married for nearly 50yrs.

It's sad but what I get from Anambra is a people non -conforming to culture outside theirs. I think that is changing a bit and as proud Anambra man I will advise this guy to stay strong and fight for his love....well his love; that's if she truly loves him. I will do anything for someone I love and care about. She's his life and he could help her and happy to do so. That's what my mum done to my dad...from Anambra state! It can go either way and value is so objective and non relative. It stands true in every situation or cultures

differences in culture and way of life plays a pivotal role in marriage. Tell me why abians don't like ngwa people and mbaise people are discriminated against in IMO state. Their views about life are antithetical, and as such they never flow well. This is not a moral ground to discriminate because we are all one, but I'll not sit back and watch people say nonsense about my state when they aren't any different and discriminate amongst themselves.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by YeribanzavsAfon: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2020
superlightning:

normally, abians don't talk except when pulled into the occasion.

Abians don't relish marrying anambra whether male or female. it's either we marry from our own abia, or akwa ibom, imo, cross river or Delta. we hardly discriminate ebonyi even. Remember our afikpo brethren are in the present day ebonyi. WE DONT DISCRIMINATE.

you guys overrate anambra too much in marriage. please please we abians are too sophisticated for that. our girls and guys are enough for us. it is AROCHUKWU girls/guys you want to bypass? or ohafia? or bende? or umuahia? isikwuato nko? ngwa is even so large that they don't bother marrying within abia, rivers or akwaibom.

No one gives the bolded a second thought in Imo except maybe you guys from Abia.

All i am saying is that the Anambra people i have seen always wish to marry Imo ladies yet Imo guys dont marry outside Imo state, so the issue of Anamabra discriminating other Igbos does not apply to Imo state indigenes. If one or two Anambraians decline marrying from Imo or vice versa it shouldn't be used as a yardstick to judge the entire people of of the state, same goes to Abians, Ebonyi etc.. Its all about preference and like i said earlier an uncle of mine never wanted to get married to a certain lady from Anambra until she used pregnancy to kind of "blackmail" him into settling down with her.
Me i dont have problem marring from Abia, as a matter of fact i hear Abia women make good wives and many of them are married in Imo so it is not a matter of discrimination but choice and preference, even some homes in Imo do not want an Mbaise daughter in law but people from Anambra come and marry them and they do just fine in their marriages.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Rossycee(f): 10:28am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:

Anambra people hardly marry other ibo people, except enugu. They're very selective and no matter the love, they must first of all get their parents approval. I once loved an anambra man. The rest is history
Infact if i ever come across an anambra guy toasting me again, I jump and pass. Let them marry themselves.
You are so right my sister...

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by davillian(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Bro you tried o
You did all these things for her...
Believe me only few guys would go this extent....
She would look for a guy to treat her the way you've treated her and she won't find....

She would call you to beg you
That you guys should continue
Pls SAY NO....
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by ola9ja(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2020
Be strong brother,

Your relationship was Toxic and Symbiotic in nature, but you were beclouded with the illusion called love, so you will never see through a prism perspective while you were in that relationship, I can bet you this ex of yours has never bought you anything of value before!

One major problem you have, is you are not balancing love, you loved her so much that you were obsessed about her, she even knew it, so she took advantage of your weakness.

I have been in this exact same shit before, I was spending for a lady I was dating, taking care of almost all her needs to - part of her house rent , school stuffs and others too numerous to be mentioned.

You have done so much for her, and I believe most of what you have written here, but see it as a service to humanity.

It is very clear that her Mother wants to use her as Regina Daniels of the family to Cash-Out from Wealthy suitors who would want to marry a Medical Doctor

Be strong everything will pass and you will be more happier and better that you did not end up with a narcissist.

Have a blessed day.

Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Rossycee(f): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2020
luminouz:

I.still dont get...what makes them so haughty and selective?
They are unnecessarily tribalistic, there guys hardly marry outside there state worst scenario enugu cos they share boundary. There parents influences there marriage alot.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Theicecode(m): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2020
missimelda01:

Birds of a feather. You're welcome
We are still saying the same thing, don't teach me nonsense.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

Hehehehehheheheheheheh.., Afonja pig you have been spotted. We Imolites indeed. You are not as intelligent as you thought.. grin grin grin
You're a mad man. I've got nothing to prove to you.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by francaofzion: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2020
Sorry about the disappointment dear and I know what you are going through emotionally but brace up and focus on your life, you will find a better woman who will love you.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks

Move on jare,no insult at all from my end, that lady is a disgrace for Anambrarians, she is aware that she never loved you the first place and she is there talking rubbish,may God give you the best woman you never imagined

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Ybaby: 10:36am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*

No 3 is a wonderful advice that goes for men and women
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by YeribanzavsAfon: 10:37am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:

You're a mad man. I've got nothing to prove to you.

Miss "we Imolites" go and hang yourself Afonja.. You have been busted now you are angry grin grin cheesy cheesy.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Rossycee(f): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

No one gives the bolded a second thought in Imo except maybe you guys from Abia.

All i am saying is that the Anambra people i have seen always wish to marry Imo ladies yet Imo guys dont marry outside Imo state, so the issue of Anamabra discriminating other Igbos does not apply to Imo state indigenes. If one or two Anambraians decline marrying from Imo or vice versa it shouldn't be used as a yardstick to judge the entire people of of the state, same goes to Abians, Ebonyi etc.. Its all about preference and like i said earlier an uncle of mine never wanted to get married to a certain lady from Anambra until she used pregnancy to kind of "blackmail" him into settling down with her.
Me i dont have problem marring from Abia, as a matter of fact i hear Abia women make good wives and many of them are married in Imo so it is not a matter of discrimination but choice and preference, even some homes in Imo do not want an Mbaise daughter in law but people from Anambra come and marry them and they do just fine in their marriages.
The fact still remains that Anambarians discriminate alot. They have this idea instilled in them which make them feel they are better than others. An anambra man might wish to marry from Abia or imo but this their 'our mother said' syndrome won't let them. Their parents always influences their marriage and still decide who they marry. This is not about one or two scenarios, do a research and you will find out for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by tiwasiaife(m): 10:42am On Apr 21, 2020
FatherBona:
Op your mumu part 2 go dey am abi?!?
Fresh Doctor to be like you dey allow woman use your head since 200lvl grin

Moderators please move to FP ..........nairalanders let's drop the insult as its hot on the OP.
Maybe he will come to his senses.

Please give this man one plate of Dog meat

Supported with Snake meat and fried monkey head.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Rossycee(f): 10:45am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
That's anambra people for you. Is either she was just with you because of the financial gain or the mother actually influenced her decision cos their mothers usually do. Brace up yourself, forget about her and move on, you will surely find someone that will accept you same with the family.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by jameskinv123(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2020
grin
DominusPrime:
I'm happy you've braced up for insults. You are a really big fool not to know that you cannot train a lady through the university and she will end up with you. Only a minute number will. A whole medical student? This gullible? When in my school medical students are the most sought after you are here being fooled by a young girl.
Let me tell you what a girl told me just b4 she broke up with her bf cos of a doctor. Her mum told her that even though she's studying mls she must come back with a doctor as husband o. Cos the other girls who are marrying doctors don't have extra breast and yansh and she cannot understand why she will send her to medical school and she will say she married a radiographer...
To be honest that is the most wicked thing I've heard a mother tell her daughter about any man in the medical field irrespective of designation but that's to tell u how much doctors are sought after cos everyone knows they run out of the country once they are done. So for u to be played for a fool right from 200 level beats me. Now who is better off after you both count your losses? Of course she is cos that money you gave her could have been used to better yourself or just left in the bank to accumulate dust. Hope you've learnt your life lesson. We as men must fall mugu to get wisdom. All of us bashing you have been in this shoes but yours is by far the dumbest I've ever seen.

Wait, you even passed up an opportunity to travel out cos of her? Ah my brother whomever do you this thing no go die well...even the ladies here would laugh at your stupidity...

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Mr Nairaland - December 2014 Edition: Semifinals! / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed / Abuja Lady Catches Her Gateman On Her Bed With His Unclad Girlfriend (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.