Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (99003 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by mullerman: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Hmm very dark to read,but my brother,here is my question.,did you ask her out at first before you started spending and do alot of things for her?asking her out is very necessary now adays cos people are so funny to say he's just doing it as ordinary friend.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nat404: 7:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
The chick really milked you. Some medical students don't really worth it because they always have multiple boyfriends but would make you believe they only have one boyfriend. The final year medical student that I broke with last time is still unhappy with me but then again, there are certain things I detest while in a relationship with a lady.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Maobichek: 7:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
. Dear, I must encourage you to be strong, time heals wounds like this. I made this mistake despite friends warning me that it's not good to use money as a bargain for love, I even attempted commiting suicide but God saved me. Go close to God cos He alone understand clearly how and where it pains you most. The food you like or any other thing you enjoy doing, do it. I'm now with a beautiful damsel who does not give me pressure and even if I didn't give her money, she still loves me, God will help you, Time heals this kind of wound ok.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by cheezy4real(m): 7:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Usorohtheman:
Learn the lessons from this and move on. She might come back but make sure you scrutinize her well before accepting her back if as at then, you don't have another girl. Good luck bro

By the way, you seem to be made financially, can you show me the way?

Pls don't accept her if she comes back because she will still go, So that u don't keep begging for love especially wen u r both married.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by AfroZone: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2020
Hope say you f**k craze comot from this girl head? Because that's very important��
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nat404: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2020
fattprince:

Op has this bro has said she will come back. So here is where my own advice comes in. Anytime she comes make sure you kick her ass out of your face. I mean it literally. Like tell her you don't want her again then she will beg you while shedding tears but don't say anything. Then when she realise that you wouldn't heed to her pleading and when she wants to start going KICK HER IN HER BUTT. Then tell her to go fvck with her Enugu guys
Hahaha? She studies at UNN?
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by AFONAMARO: 7:39am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:
Anambra people trended on twitter the other day.
My advice for anyone dating anambra person, if you're not from the place yourself is to see the person's people one on one and find out where you stand before you go any further.
They hardly marry non indigenes.

Why not say "some people" instead of generalizing. I am from Anambra and married to an Akwa Ibomite, and the sky never fell
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Usorohtheman(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2020
cheezy4real:

Pls don't accept her if she comes back because she will still go, So that u don't keep begging for love especially wen u r both married.

I feel maybe I will pretend to accept her back, then when she becomes settled that I'm no longer angry with her, I go come change am for am.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Simibola: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*
Guy,you burst my brain grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by AFONAMARO: 7:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Jovi123:

No one is thinking highly of themselves, most Anambra parents have their reasons for declining marriage proposal from other state for their daughters... And am not saying its right, just understand me,

They have no reason at all. They are nothing but wicked tribal bigots.

Don't try to preach what you don't know
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by psalmylee(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2020
missimelda01:
You only told us the things you did for her, what of the things she did for you?
Did you notice at any point in the relationship that she was acting uninterested?
Marriage is a huge step, did you both have marriage in view while dating?
Parents have huge influence on some people, maybe she's one of them.

In conclusion, it's not advisable to convince someone to marry you.. move on with your life, you'd find someone else who'll feel the same way about you.
what else does women offer if not sex?
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by eaglefrank(m): 7:48am On Apr 21, 2020
My brother! I too suffered the same faith during my school days where an Enugu gf mocked me saying she can't imagine telling her family and friends dat she is getting married to Ebonyi guy but today she z regretting it. My advice, try and move on my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by robosky02(m): 7:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Some men shaaa
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nat404: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Chi59:
Anambra people trended on twitter the other day.
My advice for anyone dating anambra person, if you're not from the place yourself is to see the person's people one on one and find out where you stand before you go any further.
They hardly marry non indigenes.
That's true. Most parents would always want their daughters to also marry from the same state.

Most Anambra girls are drama queens anyway. cheesy cheesy
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by fattprince(m): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2020
Nat404:
Hahaha? She studies at UNN?
No I made mistake. I meant Anambra boys. But anger no make me check before posting it. Why are girls so wicked. I've made up my mind, I make my money I get my 4 children from 4 baby mamas
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nat404: 8:03am On Apr 21, 2020
fattprince:

No I made mistake. I meant Anambra boys. But anger no make me check before posting it. Why are girls so wicked. I've made up my mind, I make my money I get my 4 children from 4 baby mamas
It's okay. The final year medical student that I dated studied at UNN. She told me a lot of things about the female medical students there. cheesy cheesy

But then again, the babe was very sweet. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Otunla236: 8:04am On Apr 21, 2020
please I don't mind any amount... 0802407470, Access Bank, Otunla Oluwaseun T...GOD bless you more in JESUS name.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by divineappo(m): 8:07am On Apr 21, 2020
let me tell the bitter truth, she played you from around 200-300level, from that time, she already knew she will dump you las las, she played you. she is a smart and wicked girl, she never really loved you.

She had no intention of learning how to plait hair, she wanted to extort u finally probably, and abscond, she already prepared her excuse that her mum wanted her to come home, even before asking for the money.

Bro, u were played by a smart and wicked girl. Find peace, encourage urself and move on

How can you claim u love a guy, and for almost 4-5years, u didn't know ur mum/parents won't accept him. Na lie

She has another guy, whom she loves more dearly.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Jflex07(m): 8:09am On Apr 21, 2020
Blackbishop:

In fact baba we still chat everyday, if not that this is not my page I would have love to share the full story here
You can create a thread on that, let others learn from your experience so as not to fall victim.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by DrEbubeagunaech: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2020
DominusPrime:
I'm happy you've braced up for insults. You are a really big fool not to know that you cannot train a lady through the university and she will end up with you. Only a minute number will. A whole medical student? This gullible? When in my school medical students are the most sought after you are here being fooled by a young girl.
Let me tell you what a girl told me just b4 she broke up with her bf cos of a doctor. Her mum told her that even though she's studying mls she must come back with a doctor as husband o. Cos the other girls who are marrying doctors don't have extra breast and yansh and she cannot understand why she will send her to medical school and she will say she married a radiographer...
To be honest that is the most wicked thing I've heard a mother tell her daughter about any man in the medical field irrespective of designation but that's to tell u how much doctors are sought after cos everyone knows they run out of the country once they are done. So for u to be played for a fool right from 200 level beats me. Now who is better off after you both count your losses? Of course she is cos that money you gave her could have been used to better yourself or just left in the bank to accumulate dust. Hope you've learnt your life lesson. We as men must fall mugu to get wisdom. All of us bashing you have been in this shoes but yours is by far the dumbest I've ever seen.

Wait, you even passed up an opportunity to travel out cos of her? Ah my brother whomever do you this thing no go die well...even the ladies here would laugh at your stupidity...

Mmmmh...flesh and blood did not reveal this to U bro. I just don't no what else to do to all this Mr nice guys..kaii..a prestigious medical student that can the girl,her mother and grandmother (apologies) is being used like an idiot. I think there should be a task force to scrutinize the type of information on these people that write "20 things to make a girl happy" write. I think a death sentence go for any misinformation. Cos at the end of the day it makes niggars to start having suicidal tendencies.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Legacyy(m): 8:16am On Apr 21, 2020
DominusPrime:
I'm happy you've braced up for insults. You are a really big fool not to know that you cannot train a lady through the university and she will end up with you. Only a minute number will. A whole medical student? This gullible? When in my school medical students are the most sought after you are here being fooled by a young girl.
Let me tell you what a girl told me just b4 she broke up with her bf cos of a doctor. Her mum told her that even though she's studying mls she must come back with a doctor as husband o. Cos the other girls who are marrying doctors don't have extra breast and yansh and she cannot understand why she will send her to medical school and she will say she married a radiographer...
To be honest that is the most wicked thing I've heard a mother tell her daughter about any man in the medical field irrespective of designation but that's to tell u how much doctors are sought after cos everyone knows they run out of the country once they are done. So for u to be played for a fool right from 200 level beats me. Now who is better off after you both count your losses? Of course she is cos that money you gave her could have been used to better yourself or just left in the bank to accumulate dust. Hope you've learnt your life lesson. We as men must fall mugu to get wisdom. All of us bashing you have been in this shoes but yours is by far the dumbest I've ever seen.

Wait, you even passed up an opportunity to travel out cos of her? Ah my brother whomever do you this thing no go die well...even the ladies here would laugh at your stupidity...
the thing weak me o
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Nat404: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
divineappo:
let me tell the bitter truth, she played you from around 200-300level, from that time, she already knew she will dump you las las, she played you. she is a smart and wicked girl, she never really loved you.

She had no intention of learning how to plait hair, she wanted to extort u finally probably, and abscond, she already prepared her excuse that her mum wanted her to come home, even before asking for the money.

Bro, u were played by a smart and wicked girl. Find peace, encourage urself and move on

How can you claim u love a guy, and for almost 4-5years, u didn't know ur mum/parents won't accept him. Na lie

She has another guy, whom she loves more dearly.
Very true. One thing about female medical students is that you need to always keep them on their toes. But unfortunately, the OP didn't do that.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by dragunov: 8:23am On Apr 21, 2020
milliman:

That's really sad to read but no matter how dark the night gets sun will always shine when the time is right. Let her go there is no compulsion in love you no fit do am but force

You were suckered in by her all the while.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by nnaeyes6: 8:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Blackbishop:

In fact baba we still chat everyday, if not that this is not my page I would have love to share the full story here

U can share with me o.

I will like to here it
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by SweetyZinta(f): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
Dear Giwoni,

All the time you were dating, did you guys even get to know if your Genotype matched?

Did you guys discuss your Christian denomination?

Have you guys ever tried to discuss how you will navigate incase of possible obstacle?

Are you an Osu?

I am asking all the questions to determine if she had it in mind to betray you since day 1. Girls are not loyal sometimes.

If i were you, I will work on myself and be the envy of her and her family, if she comes back, I will not take her back. This kinda girl will still not have sense in the future.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by JohnsonJohnson2(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
Guy, its painful but there is one other person in your heart, go ask her hand in marriage. �
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Meteng: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2020
Some men will never learn

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by falcon01: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks
man you bleeped up by spending unnecessarily in her wimen ain't meant to be trusted atleast not before marriage . She needed you more than you needed her but you showed her you needed her more and if she's gone you are nothing. She used you as an Academic and Financial ladder to achieve what she want, I'm sorry to say this bro you wasted 5 years of your life cutting grass for a dog. Just count your losses and move on I know it's painful but one way or the other you gotta meant the easy way or the hard way. Just tell her you cant be with her anymore after all you've done for her, you planned a future with her but she doesn't want to marry you men shit's bleeped up. Just Move on she's an Asshole.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Giwoni: 8:33am On Apr 21, 2020
SweetyZinta:
Dear Giwoni,

All the time you were dating, did you guys even get to know if your Genotype matched?

Did you guys discuss your Christian denomination?

Have you guys ever tried to discuss how you will navigate incase of possible obstacle?

Are you an Osu?

I am asking all the questions to determine if she had it in mind to betray you since day 1. Girls are not loyal sometimes.

If i were you, I will work on myself and be the envy of her and her family, if she comes back, I will not take her back. This kinda girl will still not have sense in the future.

genotype and blood group matched.
We both Christians from Roman Catholic denomination
We have discussed that so many times
I'm not an osu.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by davooomat(m): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Better you forget am bro..

Just try to take heart and move on ooo.

Trust me, most of us her don even spend pass that one, me I even sponsor her join her sister oo
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by aigbokiejohnson(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2020
She certainly does not have any feelings for use while I cast doubts on she telling her mum. All the same, if she does, forget about her brother and move on. All the best
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by atakamus: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Boy. Forget that marriage. Even if you marry her, it is going to be issues through out. Sorry to break your heart. You have already created a system that you cannot handle in the future.
Believe me she is helping you by refusing. You give money for everything when you are not working. You are depending on possibly your elder brother.
Develop thyself boy. Forget the marriage to her. Get another person and don't follow the same method.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Mr Nairaland - December 2014 Edition: Semifinals! / 10 Statements Ladies Normally Use To Lure Guys To Bed / Abuja Lady Catches Her Gateman On Her Bed With His Unclad Girlfriend (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.