Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man (98819 Views)

Never Marry An Ebonyi Woman / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Antichristus: 5:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Stupid kids of nowadays. You got someone offering to sponsor your medical degree course abroad which forever would have changed your fortunes for good and turned it down because the silly girl was offering you regular pussy to bang in exchange for your generosity? Well there you go. An African adage says a difficult wife is manageable but a difficult in law is unmanageable. Your career right now is the most important thing. Who says in the course of being in medical school abroad you cannot meet the daughter of Obama or Putin or Winfrey who could fall in love with you, again changing your fortune forever for good. Kids of nowadays are shortsighted. Sigh. Sigh. Mtchew. Come and ask me, the girl whose mama told not to be in my youthful company is forever regretting it. She's unmarried, childless and now an old cargo whom men date and dump inspite her impeccable beauty.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by lenghtinny(m): 5:30am On Apr 21, 2020
@Giwoni I see some peeps telling you to whack and dump her when she comes back.

There’s a high probability that she will come back. Greedy girls like her always come back for more.

But I insist, don’t give her any space at all. Don’t let anything get you guys wrestling in between the bedsheets. The odds may not favor you in the end.

Girls like that only comes back when they have suffered in the hands of men and Learnt a hard lesson.

But do they change? No they don’t. They come back with a game plan.

Like someone said earlier, she sees you as a last option. Peradventure her plans don’t work out, She’ll likely come back desperate to hold you down.

If you are not careful, you might end up fathering another man’s child because she’ll come back worse than she left you. You deserve better than her and her punny.

There are lots of men out there that only wanted to chop and clean mouth but the bone hook dem for throat and there life was ruined just because they couldn’t let go of the body.

Don’t add to the statistics please.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Antichristus: 5:33am On Apr 21, 2020
lenghtinny:
@Giwoni I see some peeps telling you to whack and dump her when she comes back.

There’s a high probability that she will come back. Greedy girls like her always come back for more.

But I insist, don’t give her any space at all. Don’t let anything get you guys wrestling in between the bedsheets. The odds may not favor you in the end.

Girls like that only comes back when they have suffered in the hands of men and Learnt a hard lesson.

But do they change? No they don’t. They come back with a game plan.

Like someone said earlier, she sees you as a last option. Peradventure her plans don’t work out, She’ll likely come back desperate to hold you down.

If you are not careful, you might end up fathering another man’s child because she’ll come back worse than she left you. You deserve better than her and her punny.

There are lots of men out there that only wanted to chop and clean mouth but the bone hook dem for throat and there life was ruined just because they couldn’t let go of the body.

Don’t add to the statistics please.

100% true. But he should bang her mercilessly protected and call it a day.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by helpishere(m): 5:37am On Apr 21, 2020
She never said she will not marry him but that Anambra people don't marry Ebonyi people. Why don't everyone focus on the reason that she gave. I thought the Biafra people are one? Are Ebonyi people really ibos or Cross River? I heard that Anambra people will not even marry Mbaise people. Do you want her to disobey her mother's decision?

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Usorohtheman(m): 5:43am On Apr 21, 2020
zedman1:
Hehe, bad guy!!, if you be strong man then this move make sense bro. Bet why we no de sleep sef.

I dey awake because I slept early. No more sleep.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Yippeedaniel(m): 5:46am On Apr 21, 2020
The only investment that never yield profits.. Relationship.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Mrop(m): 5:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Spaceclenzy1:
Is one of those things.. She might still come back.. Women are jst like dat.. Dnt beat urself up too much.. Loving can never be a crime no matter the outcome.. U did all that because u love her.. She jst feel lik confirming hw it will be outside.. When she test other guys she will come back.. Don't beat urself up at all
u re a darling .....loving is never a crime...nice one bro
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by DedeNkem: 5:46am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

In conclusion, she told me that she cannot marry me.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks

You actually dodged a bullet my friend! Be happy! Any woman who would not marry you simply because you're from a particular State (in the same Igboland), doesn't worth your time.

She wasn't honest with you from the beginning and she intentionally led you on only to use you financially. Unfortunately, on your part, you ignored all the red flags. When a woman really wants you to marry her, you won't be in doubt because she would be all over you.

One day, she'll surely regret losing you. You can't marry a woman who allows her family to control and dictate her life for her. You need an independent thinker.

Lick your wounds and move on. Life is too short to waste it on the wrong woman. There are many worthy women out there looking for their Mr. Right. You'll surely get a woman who'll truly love you for who you're and not for the material stuff she'll get from you.

Wish her well and cease all communications with her. Don't change your mind if she comes begging! Remember, she's WRONG for you!

Focus on your career now. Go ahead with your brother's offer to study abroad!

Good luck!
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Ejiod(m): 5:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Fact is any girl that needs consent from her parents doesn’t like you.

The moment a girl asks me to give her money or send her recharge card instantly I just know she ain’t worth it.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by ubongokon(m): 5:59am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:
Permit me to list out a few things

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

5. You're lucky you passed your exam, you for know afa

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,
Break up with her in a very dope way, like stars do, no fight, no insults.

YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT MAN, take it from me, ON GOD.

*Drops mic*
You sabi book guy. That's why I don't have a space in my heart for a girl. I believe what will be will be. She was not the will of God for you. Move on guy.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by stag: 6:09am On Apr 21, 2020
I liked your neutral stance on the topic until I read this your reply to the guy who countered you...

missimelda01:

Is sex the only thing your mom offered your dad?
shocked

You are rude.

Then I checked your profile. Only to find out you're even confused.

You sell wristwatches & other items but in your personal text, you're telling potential buyers not to send you PMs except you give them the permission to ??

What a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by mrfoxx(m): 6:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
is not that I have too much money but it that she was my first love! Thanks

Giwoni I will like to speak to you
I know whats up
If you can, wish or will reach out to me via whatsapp 08101163763
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by GROUNDCHALEBOY(m): 6:16am On Apr 21, 2020
Well i dnt have much to say than take hrt
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Brite02(m): 6:18am On Apr 21, 2020
The sign you ignored was
If you fail your exam... that's the end.

That was the sign you ignored
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by lanibi(f): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2020
Johntitus:

Oh.... First love is too complicated. You go just dey act like Jesus.
So true. I acted like Jesus too grin grin grin
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by koldej(m): 6:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

I'm a medical student, and gf ( not sure what to call her now) is in MLS. We are both in same level (500l).

It all started in 2015, when we gained admission into the University. We began to read together and subsequently I started teaching her. Later on, she made me to read and susummarize her course topics (which I did for up to her 300 level) for her as she usually found it difficult to read with textbooks and understand the contents.

Months before my 2nd MBBS examinations, I began to notice changes in her attitude and behaviour towards me, up to the point that she told me that if I did not pass that examinations that, she will forget about me. But as God may have it, I passed successfully.

Financially, it started right in year one as I celebrated her and her mummy's Christmas from my own pocket. It got to a point that I usually give her her money almost every day (for up to 5yrs) Whenever, I'm traveling in any of our vacations, I usually give money for upkeep until I'm back.

In 300l, I bought her gift worth almost 30k and also celebrated her birthday which she demanded I get her 'point and kill cat fish' that cost 9k.

I usually pay for her textbooks and seminar work as we are all in medical school, I really do a lot for her, as she always told me she would never leave me right from yr 1 to 500l after which she started telling me, their people from Anambra will not let her marry people from Ebonyi State.

She's has known this for all her life, but decided to bring it up just now, when I'm beginning my marriage plans with her, She's started giving me unnecessary excuses in one form or the other.

In 400L, my elder brother told me that I should leave my medical school here to go and study the same medicine abroad. Because of her, I told him that I want to finish my school here since I am already in 400 level. That after my MBBS degree, I can then go abroad for my Masters degree...

This January, my elder brother told me that since I would be graduating in 2022 (which supposed to be 2021 but due to strike before the 2019 election) which is two years time, that I should be planning to get married before I leave this country.

This made me to ask her again if we are ending up together and she told me that she has to seek for her mother's consent, and would give me a feedback.

Before, she travelled (this is just before the lock down) as she was complaining that she does not have any money on her to eat and she want to go and learn how to plait hair which will cost her #8,000, I gave her #16,000. The next day after collecting the money, she told me that she received a call from her mother that she must come back to her State and she travelled with that money without learning anything.

Yesterday by 8:24pm, I called her to tell me the outcome of her mother's discussion with her. She told me that her mother insisted that she cannot marry an Ebonyi man, and she cannot go outside her mother's decision.

Well, as expected, I'm bracing myself up for insults, (I really don't mind this right now) but amidst the insults, pls advice a brother who's fighting emotionally.

thanks
I understand how u feel bro, brace urself up, accept d fact that she z gone, u re a medical student, u shuld b a hot cake, trust me love will come at d right time, don't rush urself, aw old re u to start wit, start tinking of aw to travel out of d country after ur programme, pls tink abt all wat u will love to bcm later in lyf, I suggest u forget abt woman for nau, most of Dem ain't worth it, I av a similar story to urs dat I will love to share wit u 08149959843 my watsapp no
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by KenModi(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2020
tunize:
You even spend money pass the girl papa or mama wen send her go school.well, that is love for you my brother u don try for her.
For advice level u don't need any because she already told you she can't marry u because of their tribal watever. U seem to love this ur girl more than she loves u because, it seems she's not even convincing her mom to look beyond tribe and look ur personality as a non Anambra LET HER BE.

And these same Anambra and Ebonyi people would go abroad and complain about racism. I keep saying it, Nigerians are fvcking hypocrites!

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by drnoel: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:

1. From the beginning of the relationship, you have probably given this girl d mindset that if she leaves u, u r done for.

2. Bro, if u use money take open relationship, ready to dey drop money... So all this your expenses here and there na u cos am. Never use money as a means to hold down a woman, they're always in need, and most of them will go for the highest bidder.

3. I don't know who needs to hear this, except the girl na ur wife, never ever let a lady influence decisions that u know can make your life better. NEVER DO THAT. Make decisions to better ur life, Bleep whatever she thinks.

4. Boss, any girl when dey look for consent to marry you don go already. Forget her...

6. I can bet my left ass that your lady has someone already promising her the moon and the stars. SHE'S GONE BRO.

MY ADVICE: Brace yourself, retrace your steps and before she drops the bombshell on you,

*Drops mic*

For the avoidance of doubt, I highlighted the most impt point. I know ladies that braved parents and relatives to marry the love of their lives. One a classmate years back from PH waited 12 years to marry her boyfriend from Imo. She even fought the bf when he asked her to move on so she won't get to old to marry in the Nigerian setting.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Rexymania(m): 6:40am On Apr 21, 2020
Tell you'd like to speak with her mom and you will see how the story will change. Na she no won marry you, not her mom. IBO is IBO
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by id2019(m): 6:44am On Apr 21, 2020
MARX77:

U confirm

*Drops mic*
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Blackbishop(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2020
nnaeyes6:

O boy u tried.

Next time she call u, tell her to log onto ZOOM APP. that a lot of prayers are happening there and she should also add her mum.

She needs more prayers

In fact baba we still chat everyday, if not that this is not my page I would have love to share the full story here
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Uniqueteco(m): 6:48am On Apr 21, 2020
You're meant to be her helper and Not her husband, so my brother just let go of her. Your wife will be better than her, she's not interested in you as a husband regardless of what her mother says.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by IYANGBALI: 6:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Investment gone bad
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by golddare: 6:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Instead of you to inform your pastor that after this lockdown you have thanksgiving. You just dodge a bullet, rejoice. Dont even look at it as a loss but as a blessing, open your mind and eyes so that your real woman can come.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by slevin: 6:57am On Apr 21, 2020
That, changing like the snake, I might be free to cast the slough wherein I dwell confined!. you should be happy... you can finally see life with your own eyes, do what you want, go abroad ... believe me you really dodged a bullet..
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by liveyourlife007(m): 7:02am On Apr 21, 2020
JUST LET HER GO.
YOU CAN FIGHT FOR LOVE
BUT DONT BEG FOR LOVE

****plugs back earpiece****

*****Let her go--- Passenger****
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by obinna707: 7:07am On Apr 21, 2020
She's found your replacement already.
She's just playing along to milk you as much as she could before dropping the bombshell.

There's millions of good girls out there who are ready to love and build with you.

Never let a girl influence your decision concerning your precious life anymore.

Go and give love another chance man.
Best wishes.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by yesloaded: 7:08am On Apr 21, 2020
IloveToMess:

Anambra men marry Imo women more than their own women because Imo women are more or less the prettiest set of Igbo women and they are too classy and educated to be ignored, even Imo men dont marry outside Imo state because they want to marry Imo women... The problem is that Ebonyi people are seen as primitive people that is why people reject their marriage proposal.
hmmm
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by sucre: 7:10am On Apr 21, 2020
Op my wife is ibo and I Akwa Ibom she turned down her family's request not to marry an Akwa Ibom man. Now we are 12 years in marriage.

Please please please move on and don't allow that said lady in your life. Yours is just around

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Kingkamba(m): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2020
You Bleep up. You no know say, to train a lady is riskier than bet9ja?. So maga and mumu still the exist even in the university. Laye I no fit do am.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Johntitus: 7:17am On Apr 21, 2020
lanibi:
So true. I acted like Jesus too grin grin grin

Lmao.. Everyone did. The feeling is universal.
Re: Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man by Dshocker(m): 7:17am On Apr 21, 2020
Giwoni:
My Love Experience

Good day NLanders

thanks

It might even shock you to know that she never had any discussions with her mother

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Lady Thanks God For Blessing Her With Endowed Body (Photos) / Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) / Naira Marley: 'Dolapo Badmus Wants To Have Sex With Me But She Is Really Ugly'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.