Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,552 members, 7,955,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:37 PM

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? (36204 Views)

Woman’s Horror As Fillet Of Fish ‘jumps Up And Down’ While Cooking In Oven(Pix) / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / No More Stress While Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Using maggi to cook indomie in place of the seasoning is something i normally do....
it turns out more delicious each time.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Timisamd(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2020
enemmo:
Our liquid soap was golden yellow, same colour as vegetable oil.
I was gisting and distracted, so I poured more 'oil' in the stew. I noticed the stew was 'foaming', then I realised I used liquid soap for the stew.
It was not funny o

Hahaha..
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Melanyn(m): 11:07am On Apr 22, 2020
I was about to cook and my mom was about going out. She told me there was pounded crayfish in a nylon, when it was time I poured it in the food and when I checked d food it was foaming. It was then that I discovered I poured pounded ogbono

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by U2ice(m): 11:36am On Apr 22, 2020
Adding curry to my egusi soup... grin
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by guiddoti: 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
Using mayonnaise to cook rice instead of veg oil. Hard life for undagrad.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by guiddoti: 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Melanyn:
I was about to cook and my mom was about going out. She told me there was pounded crayfish in a nylon, when it was time I poured it in the food and when I checked d food it was foaming. It was then that I discovered I poured pounded ogbono
grin grin you try well well
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Queenethofficia: 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
Keke how much from here to nairaland abeg drop me for junction
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Fucsheetup(f): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
tayebest:
Adding sugar to my beans sad
This will always taste great, Blame your poor cooking skills.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Ghenisean(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
My story eeehhhnnn,na only God. grin

I'm from Oleh,in Isoko South,Delta State.
We normally watch Nollywood movies back then when Susana (Patience Ozokwo), Ukwa( Nkem Owoh) etc usually eat vegetable rice. tongue tongue
We were just kids,so,we wanted to form Rich kids,we go cut fire wood for bush,bail them(sell), winkbuy 3 cup of rice,boil,cut Bitter leaf and sliced it inside,we taught we'll eat well tongue and get more blood. But,after everything cry eeehhnn,we just warn the organizer come clear the idiot say na the bad cooking habits when dey him mama body when make e papa pursue her from marriage,na him dey him body so angry angry. Fight start ooooo,we were all punished for it.

Another one was like I was being paid for stealing,my mum was working in a hotel,so she usually brings soap and pours them into big Peak Milk cans,and we had Peak Milks too but were hidden,so was the soap,to avoid wastage and over use by us,me and my brothers stole the hidden soup thinking it was milk cheesy cheesy tongue,parked two spoons inside garri, wink embarassed tongue,bought 3 cubes of sugar,added salt and water but to our amazement,there was some slight change,we ignored undecided undecided mixed and was about eating when my junior brother spat the ones in his mouth back,screaming SOAP SOAP. Side,we were really stupid back then,I really don't know if we are still now. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MUTERIKA(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2020
All about the beans.

just returned from a night class, all sleepy. so I decided to cook beans that my roomie and I would eat before an early class. To cut the long story short, it was when landlord forced the door open and carry the already burnt pot off the stove that we woke up. To make matter worse, I opened the pot and the smoke was out of this world. Throughout that week all our clothes including our friend that visited that morning was smelling like marijuana. My coursemates nearly killed us with questions like; You dey smoke? Wetin dey smell?
Meanwhile guy man GATS to keep kwayet and ask the same questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by RX480(m): 11:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
This thread has kee me with laugh cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by blacq2009(m): 12:30am On Apr 23, 2020
olax02:
Wow... You succeded in cooking ricebean cake grin
Hahaha. I'm crying ooh. No make me carry laughter join cry cry.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Gbengageorge: 12:58am On Apr 23, 2020
This is what killed a little boy in a school where the proprietor makes liquid soap to make ends meet, he drank liquid soap thinking it was water, since it was in a bottle and the boy always drink from a bottle.

enemmo:
Our liquid soap was golden yellow, same colour as vegetable oil.
I was gisting and distracted, so I poured more 'oil' in the stew. I noticed the stew was 'foaming', then I realised I used liquid soap for the stew.
It was not funny o
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MMotimo: 2:41am On Apr 23, 2020
Making fried rice with brown jasmine rice comes close

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 6:46am On Apr 23, 2020
Ghenisean:
My story eeehhhnnn,na only God. grin

I'm from Oleh,in Isoko South,Delta State.
We normally watch Nollywood movies back then when Susana (Patience Ozokwo), Ukwa( Nkem Owoh) etc usually eat vegetable rice. tongue tongue
We were just kids,so,we wanted to form Rich kids,we go cut fire wood for bush,bail them(sell), winkbuy 3 cup of rice,boil,cut Bitter leaf and sliced it inside,we taught we'll eat well tongue and get more blood. But,after everything cry eeehhnn,we just warn the organizer come clear the idiot say na the bad cooking habits when dey him mama body when make e papa pursue her from marriage,na him dey him body so angry angry. Fight start ooooo,we were all punished for it.

Another one was like I was being paid for stealing,my mum was working in a hotel,so she usually brings soap and pours them into big Peak Milk cans,and we had Peak Milks too but were hidden,so was the soap,to avoid wastage and over use by us,me and my brothers stole the hidden soup thinking it was milk cheesy cheesy tongue,parked two spoons inside garri, wink embarassed tongue,bought 3 cubes of sugar,added salt and water but to our amazement,there was some slight change,we ignored undecided undecided mixed and was about eating when my junior brother spat the ones in his mouth back,screaming SOAP SOAP. Side,we were really stupid back then,I really don't know if we are still now. grin grin

You don't know if you guys still are? , send the undertakers your location to confirm grin
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 6:47am On Apr 23, 2020
Gbengageorge:
This is what killed a little boy in a school where the proprietor makes liquid soap to make ends meet, he drank liquid soap thinking it was water, since it was in a bottle and the boy always drink from a bottle.

What a hard way to learn! That's pathetic! Guess they didn't know on time too!
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by beewhy009(m): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2020
MUTERIKA:
All about the beans.

just returned from a night class, all sleepy. so I decided to cook beans that my roomie and I would eat before an early class. To cut the long story short, it was when landlord forced the door open and carry the already burnt pot off the stove that we woke up. To make matter worse, I opened the pot and the smoke was out of this world. Throughout that week all our clothes including our friend that visited that morning was smelling like marijuana. My coursemates nearly killed us with questions like; You dey smoke? Wetin dey smell?
Meanwhile guy man GATS to keep kwayet and ask the same questions.

grin grin grin

You guys turned into the Lords of the smoke! grin

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 8:17am On Apr 23, 2020
Gbengageorge:

Sad, really sad
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Ghenisean(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2020
beewhy009:

You don't know if you guys still are? , send the undertakers your location to confirm grin

I no get their phone numbers,email or address ooooooo broaaa. grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by PrincessB1(f): 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sanchez01:
Cooked beans while sleepy. I can't forget that day in a hurry. Prepped beans in my kitchen and laid on the bed to sleep. I was starving and sleepy at the same time and knew I'd have nightmares if I skipped dinner.

Not too long, my entire apartment was engulfed in smoke from the burning beans and I had no idea. I had not slept for two straight days over an exam I was preparing for and I had not the faintest idea what was happening in my kitchen.

My neighbours noticed the heavy smoke filtering from my apartment, banged on my door repeatedly, only for me to wake up drowsy, walked to the door and told them I was doing it on puporse, then went back to sleep!

My kitchen was near flames that day. I luckily got up later when the noise was much outside my apartment. My neighbours were staging a break in as they suspected all wasn't well. Strangely, I got up and went to the kitchen, put out the gas then went back to sleep.

I slept through the smoke, didn't choke or cough for a minute. I couldn't believe my eyes the next morning. The burnt beans was rock solid burnt in the pot that I had to throw the pot away.
Thank God for your life shocked

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MrCork17: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
argent412:
My roommate and some of her friends went to hire shisha pot from a friend and brought it to my room and we started popping. Everybody was in cloud 9 and I was feeling hungry, so I went to prepare noodles. Common noodles, took alomost 1 hour to dry as if it was beans I was cooking. I could even hear the pot making sound like am cooking rice or beans. The noodles turned to something else. We still ate sha. Las Las Highness na bad thing grin cheesy

Darling one Ghana lady on nairaland call GraceSmile1 as now agree to take 2k but she ask me to find another chick. Are u interested in doing 3some with us? Am paying her 2k cash and she agree but I can only pay u 1k becuz u skinny & u have no Yansh but u kinda manageable.
Anyways please can we discuss? I need Womanliness please
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by argent412(f): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2020
it seems you're high on codeine
MrCork17:

Darling one Ghana lady on nairaland call GraceSmile1 as now agree to take 2k but she ask me to find another chick. Are u interested in doing 3some with us? Am paying her 2k cash and she agree but I can only pay u 1k becuz u skinny & u have no Yansh but u kinda manageable.
Anyways please can we discuss? I need Womanliness please
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MrCork17: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
argent412:

Now calm down baby. No need for attitude acting like antelopes. Am just tryna link a chick so we can have fun so u don't wanna loose this shance, truss me. I will paid u 2k cash although u skinny & no Yansh
Anyways baby please I have moiney & women need money. Can we link & discuss price for ya service please? Be nice smiley

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MrCork17: 4:58pm On May 03, 2020
argent412:

Darling I pay womens 1000 naira cash & they all ways very grate full.
Darling please can I pays u 1000naira cash for romance & 1k extra for kiss,sexx ,hug, holding your hands & mating wit u please? R u free on Tuesday Please? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Male Nairalander Cooking Jollof Rice / See The Bush Meat We Killed In Our Farm / Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.