Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:41 AM

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? (36223 Views)

Woman’s Horror As Fillet Of Fish ‘jumps Up And Down’ While Cooking In Oven(Pix) / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / No More Stress While Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 22, 2020
Nickymichy:
Fry six eggs with four Maggie
chai
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Martinez39s(m): 12:29am On Apr 22, 2020
grin grin

As curious boy who loves to experiment, here are the mistakes I made:
(1) I was cooking indomie one day, and I thought to myself "what would it be like to use Knorr maggi instead of the seasoning the indomie came with?" I foolishly used knorr maggi, and... I regretted my decision. grin I never tried such again. smiley

(2) As misled by my sister when teaching me how to cook "jellof" spaghetti, I added too much tomato paste. I later learnt how to immaculately prepare the meal, and my spaghetti is now the best in the house so much to the mild annoyance of my sister. grin

(3) This is the most shameful one. My mother kept telling me to come learn from her how to cook jellof rice, but I kept postponing the lesson. With my mum away at work, with my profound ignorance, and my "oversabi," I decided to cook the jellof rice exactly how I cooked "jellof" spaghetti, and, to make things worse, complete the cooking in the same time frame. cheesy grin Things looked good, the rice looked well prepared, and I was patting and congratulating on my ingenuity only for me to chew my jellof rice and realise I was eating something akin to little jaw breaking steel bullets. My mum and sister made great fun of me that day. grin

I can't kee myself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by PropertyBuying(f): 12:33am On Apr 22, 2020
ojun50:
Using kerosin has ground oil.....
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Godmademan(m): 12:52am On Apr 22, 2020
Forgetting to add salt or pepper till food is done.

One major event yook place while I was living in school hostel. My roommates hsd annoyed me That evening by do8ng something I hsd complained a million times about. As an hall 4 brethren I was boiling with anger even as the beans was boiling inside the pot of anger. I still can't phantom how I managed to add so much salt thatcould easily be enough for 5 pots.

My friend came visiting that night and he was the first to taste. His scream that day ehhn. I tasted it and quickly went to arrange for sugar snd enouGH milk. That's how we diluted it with rich soaked Garri and we were eating silently.

A mutual friend came by while we were on it and with the way the food looked appetizing and the seriousness with whiich we were eating it he may have beenn convinced that we were demons to not call him to join us.. My guy still teases me with this Bleep up that happened way back in 2015
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Godmademan(m): 12:57am On Apr 22, 2020
Back in 2014 someone told me about using maggi to fry eggs. I said lemme try it. That day was a disaster. I decided to do mishai. The maggi turned out to be in toxic dose coupled with the salt on top of that the bread ended up in an almost oiless frying pan. That's how I ended up with burnt offering. I don't think of maggi whenever I am frying eggs again
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:59am On Apr 22, 2020
anykey:
Mine was cameroun pepper. I cooked indomie and added three 'ten naira' own. I did not know what made me experiment with three, but i think what pushed me was how beautiful a cameroun peppered indomie looked like. But this one was truly a definition of not all that glitters is gold.
I swallowed the first, second and third spoon successfully. It was when the fourth hit my throat that i discovered tears was slithering down my cheeks. I started feeling hot all of a sudden, i pulled off my shirt, seems it got worse. Then i commot boxers, no improvement. I now said let me go outside to receive fresh air if it will be better, no way. I con dey ask myself, is this how people go mad?
Well i took a very cold bath and i got really better. So, at the end of the day i went back to finish the food. It looked so beautiful.
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger right?
Hahahahaha
Xoxo funny

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ghettochild(m): 1:25am On Apr 22, 2020
donbachi:
I dey always hear "coconut rice coconut rice" na e i boil rice,buy ingridients..come cut my coconuts flakes like cubes.pour inside the rice cook am...nothing dem no cause me dat day.
I did this too... Oh boy e no funny o

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Genea(f): 2:51am On Apr 22, 2020
bigcee:

Your hubby must be a gentle man.
hahaha he really is cool

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 4:19am On Apr 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:

So, in the economic situation of present-day Nigeria, you guys would have gone on to eat the "bubbly stew" regardless, right?

grin grin Definitely not!

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 4:20am On Apr 22, 2020
Effico5real:
mad oh!! Lol, very funny

grin
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 4:21am On Apr 22, 2020
Dajuyoung:
Your liquid soap must be morning fresh�

Can't remember, but I think morning fresh was green then
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 4:21am On Apr 22, 2020
ikemesit4477:
laugh want kill me! grin

grin
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 4:22am On Apr 22, 2020
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by enemmo(f): 4:22am On Apr 22, 2020
Eulalia:

Lolz mehnnn this got me laughing so hard.the foaming stew.hahahahahahaaaa

Lol..It wasnt funny that day o
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 5:03am On Apr 22, 2020
Wanted to prepare pepper soup, managed to wash the goat intestines for hours and finally had it on the stove. Went in to add groundnut oil only to grab dishwasher, open the mouth and pour it in. after some minutes my long throat neighbor walked in and without asking permission, took a plate and served while still on the fire. I bet he was very hungry, I ate about 2 spoons before asking me why is it smelling soap?

I opened the pot again and behold, it was full foam. lwkmd, he couldn't vomit enough.

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Hakym002(m): 5:56am On Apr 22, 2020
I went to stay with my brother in school.decided to fry egg,put detergent instead of salt in the egg i still ate it like dat hunger is a bastard!!
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:25am On Apr 22, 2020
Mine was, I used 5kg of Gas to cook 3 cups of beans. I was disappointed
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Onnasucs1(m): 6:43am On Apr 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:

You must be an Indian, sir.
cheesy cheesy no ooo
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 22, 2020
mansakhalifa:

I don't want kids... would you believe that?

Mom used to caution me about my salt list but I have been way too obstinate to listen.

I know it's bad for me but... I just can't explain it. I mean the taste.

Apology accepted by the way, madam. smiley

Your system craves calcium, that's why u have the urge.
Eat more seafood, guava, unripe plantain etc anything that has calcium and his brothers in abundance and your craving will reduce. Check the internet to see why u crave salt and the alternatives for u.
It's really bad. U can go from being normal to heart failure in one second or partial paralysis.
We were told when growing up to eat salt forgeting that we can get the equivalent in foods we consume every day.
I think it was because of the civil war.
As I age and mix with people, I discovered that lots of people don't eat salt. Some just little.
I weaned myself of salty food partially.
Some will add bullion cube and that's it. No more adding salt.
U don't know better. It normally come when life is sweeter and better.
Remove loads of salt people consume in naija and HBP will reduce.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by adebayo675(m): 7:27am On Apr 22, 2020
Mine was bad ooo when I was to cook in my sister's kitchen.. I used my last money to prepare noodles and when it's almost ready I decided to add vegetable oil but the container I took as oil was actually a liquid soap oil, immediately I poured it inside my noodles it started foaming out.... hunger finished me that day till she returned back ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ikemesit4477: 7:41am On Apr 22, 2020
CYBERWEAVER:
Mine was, I used 5kg of Gas to cook 3 cups of beans.
I was disappointed
how, explain!
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 7:59am On Apr 22, 2020
ikemesit4477:
how, explain!
the beans refused to get soft
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ekibs11(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2020
first time my mom told me to fry eggs had no idea eggs cook so fast, ended up making burnt panegg

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KiloMarine: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
First time of frying egg when no one was around, I allowed the frying pan to dry then put water instead of oil expecting it to make that shriiin sound but didn't I ignored it and added my egg after mixing it...Omo the egg gum with the frying pan,when the whole thing Don stick to the pan,that was when I realize that I use to feel something like oil when ever they fry it for me,Chai na oil I for add Ooo..3 eggs wasted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ikemesit4477: 8:06am On Apr 22, 2020
CYBERWEAVER:
the beans refused to get soft
with 5kg of gas!

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ozone4oz(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2020
one sanitizer for emirate

Keep safe

Hand sanitizer: You can easily to one yourself

Watch the videos on this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeEnwC1zz4MCXVlYzJ2SCuw/

To learn how to make alcohol based hand sanitizer as recommended by WHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93eWEg1iqjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2mbFa44vA
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Snazzynho(m): 8:32am On Apr 22, 2020
frying my plantain before cooking rice!
Hmm! na so i take finished d plantain oo

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by AstuteAyo(m): 8:36am On Apr 22, 2020
Accidentally poured herb concoction instead of water into stew. � �
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 22, 2020
I kept adding salt to my rice each time the water was drying and the outcome was horrible
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Evaz900(m): 9:08am On Apr 22, 2020
Abeg make una help me with financial assistance, nothing too small man just dey inside house since for this lockdown, na daily pay job i take dey eat everyday, now no more work. And na purewater and garri i take dey sustain since , everything don finish. Please save a soul. God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Rozz:
I kept adding salt to my rice each time the water was drying and the outcome was horrible
Gosh....
ofcourse the taste will be uneven, some bitter some sweet some tasteless.
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 22, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Gosh....
ofcourse the taste will be uneven, some bitter some sweet some tasteless.
Good old days when I started exploring the kitchen,I'm better now

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The Bush Meat We Killed In Our Farm / Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos) / How To Prepare Garden Egg Sauce (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.